Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.
On the ending:

live with fruit posted:

Didn't all the reset charges go through portals? Still not sure why that'd create new timeline but it seems like it's still TBD.

it's mentioned in the episode that the reset charges vaporize everything in the vicinity to contain/reset the variance from their Sacred Timeline, I expect Lady Loki has just war crimed across time with dozens of the stolen charges. Too many deaths/changes/new apocalypses happening all at once at different points in the timeline being too much for the TVA to contain before multiple red lines.

Cage Kicker posted:

When the big screen in the control room starts listing locations for deviations from the timeline, one of them is Ego. I have to go back and re watch to see what else.

Vormir was another - stopping the Soul Stone from being picked up or returned in Endgame would surely make some waves in the timeline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

CelestialScribe posted:

I'm confused about something.

At the end of the episode. Lady Loki sends a bunch of reset bombs to various points in the timeline. But don't those bombs erase timelines, not create them? I don't understand how they would create new branches if their whole point is to prune them.

They are normally used to erase a splinter, but it looks like she's using them against the proper Sacred Timeline, which would mess with everything

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Robot Style posted:

That version of the character is (according to the Marvel wiki) a girl who wakes up with magical powers after Asgard is moved to Oklahoma, and takes the Enchantress name and an Asgardian persona as her superhero identity. Apparently she later finds out that she was actually created by Loki to be a mortal that thinks it's an Asgardian, which ties into Loki's clarification about creating duplicates. So it's possible that there's some nested mind control going on and the "Sylvie" character is some sort of proxy for the real Variant Loki.

Ooh neat. Either that wasn't in one of the main Siege books or I just forgot it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't it winning the Tour de France, not the World Cup? Which makes more sense, as it's a solo sport, no-one to share the victory with.

It's definitely the Tour de France, because that Loki is holding the Tour de France trophy and not the World Cup trophy. The yellow jersey is worn by the overall leader in the competition too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It appears lady loki committed an antisemitism. One of the dates in the list of bombings is Portugal in march 1492 which lines up with the Jewish expulsion from Spain to Portugal.

Maybe they dropped the reset charges on Torquemada and they didn't get zapped?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

tsob posted:

It's definitely the Tour de France, because that Loki is holding the Tour de France trophy and not the World Cup trophy. The yellow jersey is worn by the overall leader in the competition too.

I'm not an expert, or even slightly interested on that sport so thank you all because now I learned something new.

What the bombing is doing to the timeline is definitely being shown next episode. All we know is that's gonna be absolute chaos, and I'm all in for it.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Locations of where some of the bombs were sent, stolen from elsewhere

pre:
3rd of August, 1522	16:20:31	Phong Nha, Vietnam
31st of March, 1492	04:06:03	Lisbon, Portugal
23rd of April, 2301	08:39:42	Vormir
25th of October, 1551	18:09:34	Thorton, USA
22nd of November, 1999	08:02:13	Cookeville, USA
16th of February, 2004	14:21:03	Asgard
3rd of October, 1390	03:01:24	Rome, Italy
13th of August, 1984	13:22:12	Sakaar, Tayo
2nd of February, 1808	7:15:02	        Barichara, (Col)
14th of July, 1708	01:01:53	Porvoo, Finland
27th of December, 1382	16:34:51	Ego
13th of October, 1982	10:20:02	Titan
21st of September, 1947	05:23:12	New York, USA
1st of March, 1984	23:12:52	Tokyo, Japan
3rd of January, 0051	05:04:45	Hala
2nd of August, 1999	13:54:39	Kingsport, USA
24th of September, 1001	10:23:04	Xandar
23rd of November, 2005	04:05:23	Beijing, China
18th of July, 1903	01:32:54	Madrid, Spain
12th of April, 1887	14:12:48	(Scene cuts away)

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm not an expert, or even slightly interested on that sport so thank you all because now I learned something new.

What the bombing is doing to the timeline is definitely being shown next episode. All we know is that's gonna be absolute chaos, and I'm all in for it.

I know very little about it myself, or about soccer honestly; I just knew enough to recognize that wasn't the World Cup trophy that Loki was holding, so it was unlikely to be related to the World Cup. I just Google'd the Tour de France trophy, and it's identical, so it basically has to be that.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

What a terrible use of I need a hero, that song deserves better

Easily worst use I've seen in media

Here ya go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRcOc8wL4k8

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Both Johnny 5 and Shrek definately used it better.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

I wouldn't put too much stock in any of the dates/locations featured there. There might be one or two that are plot relevant, but something like that is usually filled out with the home towns and birthdays of people on the VFX team,

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If those are crew birthdays I have even more questions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured Loki took the place of Lance Armstrong histories other greatest liar.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Or, here's another trailer using the song, also from the past week, but for a Marvel property.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jFYYMkJh4&t=36s

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Robot Hobo posted:

Or, here's another trailer using the song, also from the past week, but for a Marvel property.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jFYYMkJh4&t=36s

Marc Bernardin, one of the writers on Smith's Masters of the Universe show and his regular co-host on their YouTube show commented on that this week, that two trailers released within a week of each other using that song and that he was just glad theirs was first out the gate, because it kind of sucks when you're second banana no matter how good anything else is about the trailer (though I don't think the Guardians of the Galaxy game trailer is anything noteworthy personally). Smith noted that one of the show's producers, Netflix's Ted Biaselli, the guy who hired Smith to make Revelations, was the one who chose Bonnie Tyler's "I Need a Hero" for the trailer when he was asked, because he used to listen the the Footloose soundtrack while playing with his He-Man toys all the time when he was younger; though he did also posit that the reason it might be in the cultural zeitgeist right now is because a YouTube video cut the Luke Skywalker cameo in the Mandalorian to a few songs, including "I Need a Hero".

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Bonny Tyler should always be in the cultural zeitgeist :colbert:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

shades of eternity posted:

Both Johnny 5 and Shrek definately used it better.

Agreed
https://youtu.be/XMm7QA7icbs

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I feel like the titular Loki should've been able to easily beat up the redneck guy even if he was being controlled. idk maybe not but in avengers 1 his power level seemed higher and that was only a few days ago in this show

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
You are all wrong

The best use of I Need A Hero is in a YouTube compilation of Tom Cruise running

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

You are all wrong

please link it, i am very much a fan of tom cruise running.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

boz posted:

They are normally used to erase a splinter, but it looks like she's using them against the proper Sacred Timeline, which would mess with everything

Ah, that makes sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

a Loving Dog posted:

I feel like the titular Loki should've been able to easily beat up the redneck guy even if he was being controlled. idk maybe not but in avengers 1 his power level seemed higher and that was only a few days ago in this show

I think Lady Loki was pumping Cletus's strength

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

yeah, i guess thats the only explanation. just made me :dafuq: while watching. otherwise great episode

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Steve Yun posted:

You are all wrong

a Loving Dog posted:

please link it, i am very much a fan of tom cruise running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJdMDvjfyQ0

But the best use of I Need A Hero is in Saints Row The Third

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94UdNGwWsts

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 17, 2021

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Regular Cletus probably couldn't lift Loki off the ground with one arm.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Best use of I Need a Hero is at Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios in the Marvel section of the park where it plays on a loop with other songs that have the word "hero" in them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dragonstoned posted:

pre:
31st of March, 1492	04:06:03	Lisbon, Portugal

It's possible Lady Loki bombed the poo poo out of Cristobal Columbus and other explorers. She's a hero now. The Americas are saved!

twistedmentat posted:

I figured Loki took the place of Lance Armstrong histories other greatest liar.

If that's the case then this is a bigger lol for me

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Desperado Bones posted:

It's possible Lady Loki bombed the poo poo out of Cristobal Columbus and other explorers. She's a hero now. The Americas are saved!

If that's the case then this is a bigger lol for me

I though at first, but Columbus left from Spain.

And yea, that is the best answer.

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah, i guess thats the only explanation. just made me :dafuq: while watching. otherwise great episode

I particularly like "I wouldn't treat myself like this"

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I though at first, but Columbus left from Spain.

I did a quick search and Lisbon is where all those assholes would gather and sail from, even Columbus (he was a Portuguese grifter after all).

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I’m finding the show okay so far, nothing special, but does anyone else feel it’s a bit too talky, like bloated with a bit too much exposition?

A lot of both episodes has been 2 characters talking in a room for like 5-7 minutes, then they go into another room and talk for another 5 minutes, repeat.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

twistedmentat posted:

Figure that's some of it, but also Loki wasn't wearing his "fine Asgardian leather" either. I'd fanwank that over the centuries? Loki had bespelled and otherwise augmented the gently caress out of his preferred clothing. While it certainly wasn't Iron Man armor, it probably give some boosts to Loki's strength, reflexes (catching Hawkeye's arrow) and damage resistance (he survived getting blasted by the "so that's what it does" gun not to mention what the Hulk did to him in the "puny god" scene.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

I’m finding the show okay so far, nothing special, but does anyone else feel it’s a bit too talky, like bloated with a bit too much exposition?

A lot of both episodes has been 2 characters talking in a room for like 5-7 minutes, then they go into another room and talk for another 5 minutes, repeat.

I would watch Loki and Mobius sit at a table and talk for 8 hours straight, Hiddleston and Owens are that good together.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Watching Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston talk to each other is like half the reason to watch this show

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Owen Wilson is basically just playing his character from I, Spy, and I'm digging it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ApeHawk posted:

Owen Wilson is basically just playing his character from I, Spy, and I'm digging it.

Nah, he's playing Mark Gruenwald, which is even better.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I wonder if they just shooped his head onto Lance Armstrong's, or if they made Hiddleston wear a yellow jersey?

https://twitter.com/hiddlesbb/status/1405221753417342978

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Remake My Dinner with Andre but Mobius having to eat dinner with Loki.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wonder if they just shooped his head onto Lance Armstrong's, or if they made Hiddleston wear a yellow jersey?

https://twitter.com/hiddlesbb/status/1405221753417342978

I probably got a reset this afternoon because I remember the shorts being bright blue and bigger*. gently caress my variant cat and gently caress you TVA!!

*I was watching on my phone lmao hence my dumbass confusion

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Calling it right now - the big villain of the series is Ms Minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

JazzFlight posted:

There's a lot going on in this show concept wise and I'd rather things be explained as they come up than remain a mystery or just not have an explanation. I feel like I've watched a decent amount of movies lately where things happen that don't quite make sense or have no explanation and it's frustrating to me.