Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

It is incredible how America basically nearly imploded and was the poster child for how to not handle covid and now we are in fact the poster child on how to not handle covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Jestery posted:

Getting my second jab tomorrow woop woop
Just did my first yesterday and ngl I didn't actually expect it to knock me on my rear end for the whole of today. Woke up feeling like I'd been smashing bourbon all night and no fluids. Room was spinning for me.
Genuinely considered calling in sick for my shift tonight but luckily it calmed down by then. I thought everyone I'd spoken to before that had symptoms were just pussies but turns out it's actually the real deal.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

America went from having a horrific federal government response to an okay-to-good federal government response. We have never actually had a federal government response.

But anyway, gonna get the 5G upgrade soon and Gizz keep releasing albums so fark lifes pretty good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Laserface posted:

It is incredible how America basically nearly imploded and was the poster child for how to not handle covid and now we are in fact the poster child on how to not handle covid.

That's what happens when you put someone competent in charge instead of a complete fuckwit.

Maybe we can follow suit one day.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The messaging has been poo poo house

It sucks that I am basically only aware of the open registration booking because of this thread

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Yeah agreed, I have shared the reg link with everyone I know because no one else will.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I've loosely interpreted the underlying conditions questions (blood pressure) and booked for early July. Wonder how much they check, prepared to be turned away but seems ridiculous.

Also lol at teachers not being frontline/esse till enough for vaccines. gently caress.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Teachers can suck it, they interact with fewer people than shoppies or hospitality and they close the schools anyway.

---

The the surprise of nobody, the cops get access to SafeWA checkins. Way to promote confidence in your system.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

easy mode looks more fun tbh

gently caress yeah it does. Mrs Spergo made some incredibly well timed investments when she was younger and had a gently caress load of disposable income and that's literally the only reason she was in a position to buy. Like I don't think I know another person who had the money to buy on their own in Sydney.

I know three blokes in Toowoomba who bought their own places:
1 bought in an area being more gentrified and so got it cheap, but was all off his own earnings
1 had his parents go half in the $100k deposit
1 got about $300-400k inheritance when his dad died

And this is Toowoomba, not Sydney. So it's hosed.

Interestingly we were talking about how the goalposts have been moving for some time. The husband staying with us did some postdoc in Germany and came back around 07, he said he could've bought a studio in Maroubra for 250k whereas in 2012 his mate paid 600k for one. Now they're even more. If that's not a reason to be born into money idk what is.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

house prices are increasing by more than my weekly wage on a daily basis and i am on or near the single person median income.

im waiting for my dad to die because hes loaded and takes terrible care of his health.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Laserface posted:

house prices are increasing by more than my weekly wage on a daily basis and i am on or near the single person median income.

im waiting for my dad to die because hes loaded and takes terrible care of his health.

Hope for your sake he hasn't taken out a reverse mortgage.

I have a horrible suspicion that the market (or society, or both) collapse won't occur until all the boomers who are holding all the assets are dead and their kids inherit those assets, only for them to become nearly worthless.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Had a covid vax booked for today but the clinic refused to do it unless I had an official health summary to provide them. Next place can see me in a month with no weird document requirements. Why would anyone try and make this harder for people? It's bad enough I have to take some annual leave to get it done without making me jump through extra hoops.

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Gromit posted:

Had a covid vax booked for today but the clinic refused to do it unless I had an official health summary to provide them. Next place can see me in a month with no weird document requirements. Why would anyone try and make this harder for people? It's bad enough I have to take some annual leave to get it done without making me jump through extra hoops.
The gently caress? Mine was actually easy and the only thing they asked was if I was aware Astro Zucchini might kill me.

That's the sort of poo poo they can just look up themselves anyway I thought. It's way easier for them to do it than it is yourself.
Myhealth just crashes out on me if I ever try to look at my records because it's a piece of poo poo.

I have a couple investments with mates that are terrible ideas and I'm hoping they all come good so I can get a jump ahead. If that all plays out better than I could imagine then I'd almost have enough to cripple myself with a 30 year mortgage.
Worries me that every time going for preapproval and such they ask how much I've got in super because they know we'll all be paying this poo poo off into retirement.

ErKeL fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 16, 2021

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Gromit posted:

Why would anyone try and make this harder for people?

Every time I see some government thing that they want us to all do, doesn't have to be covid, I ask myself this.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My game plan is for my Dad to die of old age so I can inherit his mortgage when I'm 80

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Carth Dookie posted:

Hope for your sake he hasn't taken out a reverse mortgage.

he did some weird tax/investment thing where he got scammed (fruit trees or something in the 90s?) and ended up owing the tax office a ton and paid that back, but he also has 2 super accounts for some reason and they are both gigantic because hes a tight arse and was pumping in a fair bit of his own. they own their big rear end house in a nice end of the shire so its worth a bomb.

and when i say tight arse, he only got rid of his VHS player and tube TV in 2013 and i had to pry his tape collection/deck out of his hands. he hadnt used them in 15 years.

wish i kept all that poo poo now, it was really nice Realistic gear. I think I hosed the turntable pretending to be wicky wicky wicky DJ boy in my teens though.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

astrazeneca would be a nice name for a baby girl

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

astrazeneca would be a nice name for a baby girl

yeah if you want her to end up on highway patrol as an innocent but associated passenger in a 93 Commodore with bald tyres and several meth pipes in the glove box that 'were there when I bought it officah, i swear on me mum'

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
I made bank working overseas and that’s how we got our deposit for our place in Brisbane. As soon as we got back the cost of living absolutely ripped into our earnings and savings. Australia is hosed.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

femcastra posted:

I made bank working overseas and that’s how we got our deposit for our place in Brisbane. As soon as we got back the cost of living absolutely ripped into our earnings and savings. Australia is hosed.

People dont seem to understand that having a good salary here means jack poo poo when everything is priced to take a piece of it, you get tolled to gently caress and back if you drive west-east anywhere in sydney and theres no suitable PT options.

my equivalent role/salary in the US would be lower than here but i would live more comfortably (finance wise at least) for example.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the tax office rang one day and said stop paying provisional tax you loving moron and sent me a cheque for 29k and a clean hecs slate.
this got me into the market a couple of months before everything went to poo poo and things became stupidly expensive

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Thank gently caress I got out of the education system just before COVID happened.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Local case in Sydney, but it's fine because we're all derros who can't afford houses in Bondi Junction

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gladys lock me down pls mommy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

birdstrike posted:

Gladys lock me down pls mommy

What, use a Labour initiative? How dare you even consider the idea! :colbert:

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I could do with a mini lockdown tbh.
I Took today off because I'm having a pms-fuelled tantrum about the payroll company continuing to gently caress my poo poo up. I only just got them to actually have my name right, then noticed they somehow hosed up "9-5 M-F" so bad that I went through all my paychecks and let my boss know.
They corrected it by taking out 1/3 my pay/hours this fortnight, so I got paid gently caress all to be abused by patients last week, basically.
They hosed up my hours for this paycheck too, somehow.

And I just noticed it looks like they stopped putting money towards my HECS after they corrected my name. So I took today off to drink and apply for other jobs instead of quitting. A nice lockdown to focus on jobs and not get yelled at by idiots would be really nice rn.

Anyone in South Sydney hiring?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I Took today off because I'm having a pms-fuelled tantrum about the payroll company continuing to gently caress my poo poo up. I only just got them to actually have my name right, then noticed they somehow hosed up "9-5 M-F" so bad that I went through all my paychecks and let my boss know.
They corrected it by taking out 1/3 my pay/hours this fortnight, so I got paid gently caress all to be abused by patients last week, basically.
They hosed up my hours for this paycheck too, somehow.

And I just noticed it looks like they stopped putting money towards my HECS after they corrected my name. So I took today off to drink and apply for other jobs instead of quitting. A nice lockdown to focus on jobs and not get yelled at by idiots would be really nice rn.

Anyone in South Sydney hiring?

what do you do?

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's what happens when you put someone competent in charge instead of a complete fuckwit.

Maybe we can follow suit one day.

Regardless of who was in charge the US was always going to handle the vaccine distribution portion of the pandemic well. They had the money and deals sorted out last year while letting hundreds of thousands of people pointlessly die.

Same deal with the UK. Outside of incompetent leadership, I don't quite get why we've been so shithouse at it despite trying to read up on it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I say this from a mental health perspective, but I honestly wish Sydney would go into full lockdown at some point during this pandemic just so I can get a loving break.

Nothing about my day-to-day routine has changed regarding my job. I have physically gone into work like normal since the pandemic began, and was told I could not work from home at the 'height' of the outbreak here in Sydney last year.
So when my friends and family reminisce in a decades time about the lockdown all I'll be able to talk about is how some cunts hoarded loo rolls because I went into work every day.

So I know it is a terrible thing to wish for a lockdown, because of how many jobs it puts at risk, but gently caress me I could honestly do with a week or two off or just being allowed to work remotely so I don't need to deal with customers.

anti-magic posted:

I don't quite get why we've been so shithouse at it despite trying to read up on it.

You're wondering how the country that did Brexit could possibly gently caress something up monumentally?

:thunk:

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
What the heck is an official health summary?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Second jab doneskies

Current mood

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

your job now is to intercept every single mouth spit that is happening across this nation. as an IK you have some experience in similar.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

well why not posted:

your job now is to intercept every single mouth spit that is happening across this nation. as an IK you have some experience in similar.

No doorknob left unlicked

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Do one with Paul Keating calling the mods recalcitrants

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Infinitum posted:

You're wondering how the country that did Brexit could possibly gently caress something up monumentally.

I was referring to us / we as in Australia's atrocious vaccine rollout. The UK's killed a poo poo ton of people like the US but their rollout has been pretty successful for similar reasons.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

Do one with Paul Keating calling the mods recalcitrants

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

bee posted:

What the heck is an official health summary?

Exactly. I just got back from a walk-in at the hospital and got my first jab done. No mess, no fuss, and definitely no summaries.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol, no cases from the Typhoid Couple, but Sydney's picked up its own home-grown Delta Strain outbreak via a limo driver and what looks to be an international flight crew. Let's see how Gladys tries to spin this one onto Victoria and Dan Andrews...