Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Rinkles posted:

do you know how?

and, no, i haven't changed my password in ages.
https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/SteamLoginHistory
I had to google it, I don't know how to browse to that page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I had to google it, I don't know how to browse to that page.

thanks. i think that looks okay? at least all the logins are local.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

do you know how?

EDIT: Beaten, but yea if that looks like all you then it's going to be something else. Not sure how your information would be changed without a login.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Mescal posted:

Terra Nil demo is pretty sweet, soothing nature on a grid action, love it. What's the old game that was like that? Couple games. One was just a tiny thing in the web browser. More of an art toy than a game
Demo was fun, I'm interested in seeing what the actual core game loop is though.

It wasn't what I expected when seeing the term "city-builder" all over the marketing and reviews, seems closer to a turn-based strategy game with some RTS elements. Kind of like SimIsle but with inter-level progression I guess?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

More demos..

Chip: Rescuer of Kittens - uhhh the input lag was loving crazy in this pixel platformer, like trying OnLive for the first time. yikes

Cats in Time - This is basically Hidden Paws with a higher budget and more levels. Cute.. won't really tax the brain but is nice and chill, and as a fan of the game series The Room, I like to rotate dioramas around and zoom in to find latches, and this game has that.

Demon Turf - 3D platformer with 2D sprites, I've mentioned it before, but the main thing Demon Turf has over most indie 3D platformers is that it actually feels like a solid platformer to control. No slipperiness, the option of a fully manual camera as well as a guided camera in the style of N64 games, and a moveset similar to Mario Galaxy's. The levels are maybe more in the style of Mario 3D World, linear playgrounds with three green stars pieces of cake to find, but there is also a hub world with connected 'turfs' that your character is trying to take over. I think this is a pretty strong game when compared to earlier efforts like Poi, FreezeME and... Woodle Tree....

Industria - So... Industria is heavily inspired by Half Life 2, which makes itself clear in most screenshots. As I mentioned in my Psycron review though, you've got to bring the goods if you're gonna evoke a great game. Industria isn't quite there yet, and with its Q3 2021 release window, I'm wondering if it'll have time to smooth itself out. There's a lot of jank. The game instructed me to press Q to raise my weapon, which... instantly teleported me 10 feet below the ground. While this would be a great metaphor for American gun ownership, it's not so great for the game. Another thing to talk about is the guns... they look ok, the screen shakes appropriately, but the sound design drops the ball. Very plinky and tinny gunshots-- now, to be fair, you're shooting robots, but the sound of the firing should still sound a lot more powerful than it does here. So, there's a bit of a ways to go. The demo, despite being 6GB, gives you very little playing space... there is a prologue with linear exploration, and then you fight robots on a single city street as you climb a hill. That's it. So, if the game ends up in a later festival, the dev may want to consider trying a different vertical slice of the game.

Mohism - This game snuck right into the very very end of E3, by a publisher named Yooreka Studios. It's an Ace Attorney style game from China that's being localized to English. Now... the Steam page for it did it no favors as it was full of awkward/broken English. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised that the dialog itself was NOT broken english. Now, the dialogue doesn't have the charm or personality of the actual Ace Attorney, but at least some props for putting the effort in there. The reverse of props (whatever that is) for text word-wrapping in the middle of words:

(I played on an oooooold 4:3 Cintiq sorry)

As far as gameplay goes, it's what you would expect. You talk to people, ask questions, look around the environment until you've looked at enough things to trigger a scene change, a murder happens and you find clues. It has a "mix clue with clue" mechanic similar to AA:I's Logic Chess. And since you're not a lawyer, that means your battles happen on location. I clicked on the suspect, began the interrogation and............. it soft-locked. And I went on the Steam forums and... it soft-locks for everyone.

Well, it rose above my expectations and then the cart went off the tracks.

The LightBringer

Hmmmm... now I'm back at Poi-tier 3D platforming. This is a bit more in the realm of Mario 3D Land level design, thinner play areas and a lot of jumping. I have a few issues... the sound design is very incomplete at the moment, for starters. The jump feels a bit puny and not very satisfying. The game design is about collecting enough gems to unlock the exit, which, you know not many 3D platformers do that kind of goal (it's far more common in 2D single-screen platformers), but it does feel a little like 100 coin stars in Mario 64 which were not my favorite.

By being isometric, it encourages camera rotation to find hidden platforms BUUUUUUT the camera rotation was really slow for the Steam controller, and there was no option to adjust the sensitivity in the options. This is the first one I removed from my wishlist after playing.

Harmony's Odyssey

Well this one was delightful. A combination of tile-swapping, pipe dream and 3D puzzle (some will have multiple-floors). You'll want to shift the camera around just to get better context of what you're seeing at times. Gorgeous color theory, and when you complete puzzles a cute little skit will play out.

It's 3 AM so I should stop for now. That's 14 demos tried so far. Top two are still Norco and Toem but there's some fun stuff in this mix.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 17, 2021

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Quite impressed by Carrier Command 2 and looking forward to the rest of what Microprose are producing. This new Microprose seem to be in good hands.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Ainsley McTree posted:

I can't tell if this shares any lineage with Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, a game which I very much wanted to like, but very much did not

Either way, hopefully this one will be better

Different devs, but both are sequels to the original Carrier Command. It seems like 2 is trying to stay away from direct control shooter sheananigans and is focusing on slow paced grog gaming. I think it’s probably a bit too slow at present, but seems alright.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
So

Many

Good

Demos

Trigon: Space Story https://store.steampowered.com/app/1226510/Trigon_Space_Story/

If you are like me and have been dreaming of a new FTL for years. this game is going to scratch that itch

Naraka: Blade Point: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1203220/NARAKA_BLADEPOINT/

Instant buy after I played a couple of matches. This is my type of battle royale.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

C.M. Kruger posted:

I don't know if this helps but I got the game through Fanatical a while back and my activation is listed as "Kenshi 3rd Party" and I have a "Kenshi Registration Key" thing under DLC. If the game is functioning fine and isn't going into the limited demo mode, I would hazard that maybe it's just a "bought the game from a source that doesn't use product keys" thing.

I don't even have a DLC tab for my Kenshi??? :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
still can't access the synthetik 2 demo.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

still can't access the synthetik 2 demo.
Here, now you can:
steam://install/1664230

There are SO many good looking games with demos, I wish there was explore queue just for these games. Would be a bit easier to go through them.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Are the demos time limited to an event or date or are these demos perpetually ongoing?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Artelier posted:

Are the demos time limited to an event or date or are these demos perpetually ongoing?

Jun 22 10AM PDT for the vast majority of them. Some will stay after that period at the decision of the devs themselves but there's no way to tell unless they make a post about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sininu posted:

Here, now you can:
steam://install/1664230

There are SO many good looking games with demos, I wish there was explore queue just for these games. Would be a bit easier to go through them.

thanks

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Some will work after the event if you run the exe directly and not through steam as well.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I finally made a big breakthrough in the last few days and I'm finally playing diablolikes with the item filters turned on and used. Amazing how much faster they play when I'm not constantly running garbage back and forth to town for gold that I never spend!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
lmao the FNAF dev is retiring after the very LGBT-friendly fanbase found out that he is a chud lol

https://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-freddy-s-creator-scott-cawthon-retires-a-1847118164

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

He has a long career ahead of him as a talking head on Fox News bitching about cancel culture cancelling his business.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have not followed it super closely and obviously he supports some intensely lovely people but like, I think from what I understand he's actually handled it fairly well? He's stepping aside because a huge portion of his fan base is LGBTQ+ and while he has no interest in changing himself or his views he'd rather get out of the way so people that like his stuff can keep getting new FNAF stuff without him involved. It's not ideal cause he's still a chud but it's almost good of him to do. :shrug:

E: Also a good chance I am missing some vital information on it, so.

Orv fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 17, 2021

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Azran posted:

lmao the FNAF dev is retiring after the very LGBT-friendly fanbase found out that he is a chud lol

https://kotaku.com/five-nights-at-freddy-s-creator-scott-cawthon-retires-a-1847118164

Dude has 6 kids and gamers were threating his wife and family. Why deal with that crap when its no longer fun any more?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think no one is more baffled by his success than Scott Cawthorn himself, so it makes sense he's willing to retire. I mean, the guy got his start making extremely weird freeware christian-friendly games, FNAF only got popular by accident.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BexGu posted:

Dude has 6 kids and gamers were threating his wife and family. Why deal with that crap when its no longer fun any more?
not really true, people found his very public donations to mitch mcconnell and donald trump and he responded with "ACTUALLY, I AM THE GREATEST LGBTQ ALLY. I WILL NOT BE TAKING QUESTIONS. ALSO I RESIGN" and his fans went "yasss queen we love you, who cares what some queer people think"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Orv posted:

I have not followed it super closely and obviously he supports some intensely lovely people but like, I think from what I understand he's actually handled it fairly well? He's stepping aside because a huge portion of his fan base is LGBTQ+ and while he has no interest in changing himself or his views he'd rather get out of the way so people that like his stuff can keep getting new FNAF stuff without him involved. It's not ideal cause he's still a chud but it's almost good of him to do. :shrug:

Cawthorn didn't just vote for Trump once because he grew up in a Christian household or believed he was better than Hillary or whatever, he maxed out individual donations to the Trump campaign, Ben Carson, and Mitch McConnell. You don't do things like that by accident, you're giving to people who actively seek to make the lives of LGBTQ people (and everybody else on earth) worse.

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Cawthorn didn't just vote for Trump once because he grew up in a Christian household or believed he was better than Hillary or whatever, he maxed out individual donations to the Trump campaign, Ben Carson, and Mitch McConnell. You don't do things like that by accident, you're giving to people who actively seek to make the lives of LGBTQ people (and everybody else on earth) worse.

That would be the vital information the articles did not have, yeah. Nevermind, trash man can gently caress off.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, is there a tag for diablolikes on steam? I want to browse 'em but hack n' slash or action rpg isn't that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hey, is there a tag for diablolikes on steam? I want to browse 'em but hack n' slash or action rpg isn't that.

Loot + Action RPG tags narrow it down a bit better but no, Steam tags eternally suck.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The 7th Guest posted:

not really true, people found his very public donations to mitch mcconnell and donald trump and he responded with "ACTUALLY, I AM THE GREATEST LGBTQ ALLY. I WILL NOT BE TAKING QUESTIONS. ALSO I RESIGN" and his fans went "yasss queen we love you, who cares what some queer people think"

People doxxed him and threated to come to his home terrifying his six week pregnant wife. He made enough money off of FNF to just walk away and do something else so again, why deal with this crap?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Im_Special posted:

I don't even have a DLC tab for my Kenshi??? :(

Right, because it doesn't use a registration key, so therefore you don't have any need for a fake DLC with a registration key in it. There is no DLC for Kenshi, and there's only one version of the game. Have you actually booted it up to check it out? If you're that worried about it you can always contact support, I'm sure the devs can explain it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Orv posted:

Loot + Action RPG tags narrow it down a bit better but no, Steam tags eternally suck.

That sucks! I'm bouncing between Titan Quest and Sacred right now and having a ball and my brain is all "you should make sure you own all of the good diablolikes on steam" and well, they're hard to filter for.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

StrixNebulosa posted:

That sucks! I'm bouncing between Titan Quest and Sacred right now and having a ball and my brain is all "you should make sure you own all of the good diablolikes on steam" and well, they're hard to filter for.

Grim Dawn (made by the Titan Quest devs) and Last Epoch are good options.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Anno posted:

Grim Dawn (made by the Titan Quest devs) and Last Epoch are good options.

Before you start on recs here's what I have!

Also huh, never heard of Last Epoch, looking it up now, thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The funny thing about the Cawthon Saga is that it seems to have started with these throwaway comments:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

seems to me that scott cauthorn is one of the few recent indie developers who isnt a giant unbalanced rear end in a top hat and or actually makes sequels.

Gwen posted:

unless cawthon's money is going towards bigot charities I'd say he's a cool guy whose worst attributes aren't hurting anybody so

which led to another goon to check his public donation data and the whole thing started trending few hours after that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

BexGu posted:

People doxxed him and threated to come to his home terrifying his six week pregnant wife. He made enough money off of FNF to just walk away and do something else so again, why deal with this crap?

i believe the insane trump guy for one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BexGu posted:

they didn't doxx him. his political donations were on a public website like anyone else's political donations. he brought up his pregnant wife deliberately to draw criticism away from him and towards Those Angry SJWs.

i also do not think he is really retired, but just looking for a pity circlejerk, and will be back at FNAF in a year, much like the nazi who 'left' Brigador is back working on it again

now if he wants to become notch, it's his decision, but nobody gives a gently caress about notch anymore as he screams into the void. but don't take the word of someone who voted for an 8chan QAnoner without an entire salt shaker's worth of salt

e: sorry, not an 8chan qanoner, just anti-vax covid denier, same-sex marriage opponent, trans rights repealing, pro-life candidates. muuuuuch different

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 17, 2021

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Orv posted:

It sounds like he's only stepping aside in the sense of personally working on the games and being the public face of the company, he'll still own the IP and the money will still flow upwards to him and out to terrible political causes

Orv
May 4, 2011

repiv posted:

It sounds like he's only stepping aside in the sense of personally working on the games and being the public face of the company, he'll still own the IP and the money will still flow upwards to him and out to terrible political causes

Yeah I did some more looking into it than just a couple articles and it's pretty much performative conservative crying, per usual.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol i forgot he donated to loving tommy tuberville, a college football coach who still doesn't know what his job entails

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

people can feel free to give me all the money they want and every so often i'll post a picture of an animatronic puppet going BOO and i promise i'll never give it to the worst human beings that walk this planet my venmo is @hogballs_henry_haversham

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The 7th Guest posted:

they didn't doxx him.

I got the impression that he and his family were receiving death threats at their address. That much ain’t okay at least. gently caress him otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I got the impression that he and his family were receiving death threats at their address. That much ain’t okay at least. gently caress him otherwise.
it would not be okay, no. I can't take him at his word though because it's always the first thing chuds say when confronted with the poo poo they say and do. (i got a good chuckle when that politician defaced their own front yard and claimed BLM did it a couple of weeks ago, not relevant to this i guess but it's in a similar vein)

i'm sure there's a non-zero number of unhealthy individuals on the left that would do that sort of thing, but not any more than he would get from gamers in general if he, like, missed a release date by a day or downgraded the visual quality of puddles in his game (actually he'd probably get far more threats in those instances). that's just gamers being trash

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 17, 2021