Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

500excf type r posted:

reading the quoted release, it sounds more like the program embraces modern design techniques that have never been used on a production run of that level. I am talking about not using 2D spec drawings and stuff and instead using a master model developed at the beginning which drives the whole production chain and everything is computer-generated based off the master model. Things such as the machine tooling paths to make the part, CMM inspection paths to verify the part, every step of the way it is all digital, start to finish.

I believe this is current industry standard for automotive manufacturing but aerospace is starting to shed the last 100 years of learned lessons and practices and embrace the digital age.

Hilarious how outdated the US military and companies are. Love that we still teach AutoCAD at public universities instead of anything modern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
👀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3fgTbhGlZY

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Jun 17, 2021

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
well poo poo if there’s saucer landing pads on Epstein’s Pedophile Island, the people who are afraid of UFO’s have every right to be.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Missionary Positron posted:

The NGAD p. clearly has traditional jet engines tho:

https://theaviationist.com/2021/04/12/new-concept-art-of-the-next-generation-air-dominance-ngad-featured-in-air-force-report/

EDIT: the delta shape could account for some black triangle sightings

Why are we still making manned fighter jets? Get rid of the cockpits and cram some more missiles in there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Think Less posted:

Why are we still making manned fighter jets? Get rid of the cockpits and cram some more missiles in there.

Air Force think they’re sky knights and still have a hard on for dogfighting despite being used almost exclusively for bombing and close air support since 2001.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

so bored

really could use a report in these trying times

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I think the target shaped thing is just a lovely garden and the island structure is a trash heap with walls to keep trash from blowing around.
Also, it's not surprising that useless public scrubland would have a low lease rate, look at it. What the hell can you graze on dirt and scrub brush? A tortoise?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Missionary Positron posted:

The NGAD p. clearly has traditional jet engines tho:

https://theaviationist.com/2021/04/12/new-concept-art-of-the-next-generation-air-dominance-ngad-featured-in-air-force-report/

EDIT: the delta shape could account for some black triangle sightings

yeah sure, if u believe the hype its gonna have a XA100 :rolleyes:
https://www.aero-mag.com/next-generation-air-dominance-engine-19052021/

it looks like a cool plane even with traditional jet engines :ssh:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

yes, keep posting about aaaayyy PPs, i need to print these out so i can roll around in them

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zisky posted:

A hologram the kills people...hell yeah star trek is real

:hmmyes: Badgey is shaped like a triangle

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hatebag posted:

I think the target shaped thing is just a lovely garden and the island structure is a trash heap with walls to keep trash from blowing around.
Also, it's not surprising that useless public scrubland would have a low lease rate, look at it. What the hell can you graze on dirt and scrub brush? A tortoise?

Trash heap?? You fuckin serious lol. You realize how much fill is in those walls? Where did it come from

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Delta-Wye posted:

yes, keep posting about aaaayyy PPs, i need to print these out so i can roll around in them

quote:

google maps

quote:

apple maps

quote:

google earth

quote:

apple maps

https://twitter.com/angelgoulet/status/940350403018760192
https://twitter.com/FrostGiant_45/status/1149716605762301952

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Trash heap?? You fuckin serious lol. You realize how much fill is in those walls? Where did it come from

Probably excavation of pedo tunnels, submarine pen, ritual temple terror basement, etc.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

those walls are just really lazy windstops aren't they?

Islands can be really fuckin' windy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Oh it's a tennis court lol. Or is it???

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Oh it's a tennis court lol
yeah it's just a tennis court

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
drat BrutalistMcDonalds with the NBA jam dunk off my alley oop where did the fill come from (its tunnels!) question

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Jeffrey Epstein (which isn't his real name) was an Extraterrestrial Biological Entity. Was not killed, but went back to his home planet.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Epstein was killed in prison but reconstituted in his biogenic chamber underneath zorro ranch

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I feel like I'm open minded enough to accept that aliens probably exist and there is a (very small) possibility that they have developed interstellar space travel and visited earth at some point in human history.

HOWEVER! We (currently) have as much evidence that aliens have visited earth as we do for miracles and psychics mediums; stories and speculation. No hard evidence (again, that we have access to), so right now it's really a question of belief rather than proof.

Open mindedness works both ways and you should be as sceptical as possible. If you eliminate the mundane possibilities first then you can weed out the fakes and frauds and you will be left with only the most convincing evidence.

If you're not trying to debunk every UFO video and report, you're basically a scientologist and also you should give me your money because I actually do know all the secrets.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Aliens are real.........serious about rock-bottom prices!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Delta-Wye posted:

yeah sure, if u believe the hype its gonna have a XA100 :rolleyes:
https://www.aero-mag.com/next-generation-air-dominance-engine-19052021/

it looks like a cool plane even with traditional jet engines :ssh:

oh hell yeah it looks cool as gently caress, about time fighter jets start looking weird as hell. the f-35 and su-57 are both just so boring looking, if you''re going to make a weapon of mass misery atleast make it look cool

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

"(very small) possibility" doing a lot of heavy lifting for the mindset that we understand 100% of physics and the impossibility of interstellar travel

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Butternubs posted:

I feel like I'm open minded enough to accept that aliens probably exist and there is a (very small) possibility that they have developed interstellar space travel and visited earth at some point in human history.

HOWEVER! We (currently) have as much evidence that aliens have visited earth as we do for miracles and psychics mediums; stories and speculation. No hard evidence (again, that we have access to), so right now it's really a question of belief rather than proof.

Open mindedness works both ways and you should be as sceptical as possible. If you eliminate the mundane possibilities first then you can weed out the fakes and frauds and you will be left with only the most convincing evidence.

If you're not trying to debunk every UFO video and report, you're basically a scientologist and also you should give me your money because I actually do know all the secrets.

oh geez, ive got 10 pages of regrettable posts itt, thank u for opening my eyes

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hatebag posted:

Probably excavation of pedo tunnels, submarine pen, ritual temple terror basement, etc.

surely the man that gets bailed out of his obvious and public pedo crimes repeatedly is very concerned about absolute secrecy so he makes submarine fucktunnels

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Marzzle posted:

surely the man that gets bailed out of his obvious and public pedo crimes repeatedly is very concerned about absolute secrecy so he makes submarine fucktunnels

He would if he was an Extraterrestrial who flies USO's.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Marzzle posted:

...but he did have a submarine pen?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Aliens loving love underground bases. It's where they do all their best work.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Mecha Gojira posted:

Aliens loving love underground bases. It's where they do all their best work.

dulce ftw

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Marzzle posted:

He had a submarine that ghislane piloted and they strapped steven hawking to a handtruck and tooled around

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

dont taint the aliens with that pedo. the aliens are kind and friends.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

500excf type r posted:

reading the quoted release, it sounds more like the program embraces modern design techniques that have never been used on a production run of that level. I am talking about not using 2D spec drawings and stuff and instead using a master model developed at the beginning which drives the whole production chain and everything is computer-generated based off the master model. Things such as the machine tooling paths to make the part, CMM inspection paths to verify the part, every step of the way it is all digital, start to finish.

I believe this is current industry standard for automotive manufacturing but aerospace is starting to shed the last 100 years of learned lessons and practices and embrace the digital age.

yeah I was confused with what he meant because I'm an aerospace designer and still have to generate drawings (which is getting more and more pushback especially for really complex 5-axis parts where it'll take you a week to make a drawing on a part that took you one day to design and analyze)

there are drawbacks to all-digital (mom and pop shops that don't have 5-axis machines obviously can't do 5-axis jobs which limits your vendor pool, really simple parts that can be done on a Bridgeport are better suited to drawings still, you need really robust ways to handle special instructions like thread inserts or special coatings, etc) but it would sure as hell take me a lot less time to get parts into fabrication without needing to generate drawings

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Bullfrog posted:

dont taint the aliens with that pedo. the aliens are kind and friends.

there are anywhere between 3-56 known extraterrestrial factions, and at least some of them are evil.

friends don’t probe friends

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hatebag posted:

He had a submarine that ghislane piloted and they strapped steven hawking to a handtruck and tooled around

I'm just saying that he probably didn't need tunnels on an island to dock a submarine. the actual concerning thing about epstein (for me at least) isn't whether or not he riddled an island with tunnels, it's that he received support from the highest levels of US government to be an unaccountable child sex trafficker

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

was lue on the flight logs

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Justin Tyme posted:

yeah I was confused with what he meant because I'm an aerospace designer and still have to generate drawings (which is getting more and more pushback especially for really complex 5-axis parts where it'll take you a week to make a drawing on a part that took you one day to design and analyze)

there are drawbacks to all-digital (mom and pop shops that don't have 5-axis machines obviously can't do 5-axis jobs which limits your vendor pool, really simple parts that can be done on a Bridgeport are better suited to drawings still, you need really robust ways to handle special instructions like thread inserts or special coatings, etc) but it would sure as hell take me a lot less time to get parts into fabrication without needing to generate drawings

The complex geometry parts are so much easier since everything is in 3d model space and you can just get normal to whatever it is and drop the info in rather than do a bunch of view flips at goofy angles but, like additive machining, its not applicable to everything and trying to apply it across the board will just cost more money and headaches

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hatebag posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

skewetoo posted:

Aliens are real.........serious about rock-bottom prices!
what a savings