Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Why, why, why did I sleep on Sekiro for so long

It's been installed on my SSD for like a year...

I guess I wasn't in the mood for more Souls game stuff but this is a pretty big departure from that. Kinda glad there's no light RPG stat stuff in here and you're Just A Ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess I wasn't in the mood for more Souls game stuff but this is a pretty big departure from that. Kinda glad there's no light RPG stat stuff in here and you're Just A Ninja.

:sickos:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This weeks free EGS games:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/overcooked-2
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/hell-is-other-demons

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Time to open the EGS client, add the free games and then close it and not open it again until the next free games drop

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

welcome

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Meanwhile, over at Quantic Dream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDbZxnjTBA

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Its okay, sometimes you sleep on a great game and then get to enjoy it later on. I did that with Bioshock and Dark Souls 1.

Yeah the lack of RPG stats in Sekiro makes it so pure, its great.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

Its okay, sometimes you sleep on a great game and then get to enjoy it later on. I did that with Bioshock and Dark Souls 1.

Yeah the lack of RPG stats in Sekiro makes it so pure, its great.

BTW, is Elden Ring going back to stats based or is it just use the weapons/skills/spells you want?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RBA Starblade posted:

BTW, is Elden Ring going back to stats based or is it just use the weapons/skills/spells you want?

I don't think anybody knows for certain 100%, but the Miyazaki interview says:

“No main fixed protagonist, players create the characteristics and personality of their character."

Which sounds like straight up Dark Souls style character creation and stats to me.

Also the trailer clearly shows people fighting, using combat arts (no longer locked to specific weapons!) and magic, so I imagine we're getting the typical souls split of "do you invest in strength, dex, or magic?"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't think anybody knows for certain 100%, but the Miyazaki interview says:

“No main fixed protagonist, players create the characteristics and personality of their character."

Which sounds like straight up Dark Souls style character creation and stats to me.

Also the trailer clearly shows people fighting, using combat arts (no longer locked to specific weapons!) and magic, so I imagine we're getting the typical souls split of "do you invest in strength, dex, or magic?"

Nice

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
put all your points into poise and stamina, only get the minimum other stats you need for preferred weapon

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Time to open the EGS client, add the free games and then close it and not open it again until the next free games drop

Sucks so bad Old World and Chivalry 2 are exclusives.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I gotta say... I think I am more eager to play Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin than I am Elden Ring

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
sounds like you need someone to beat the chaos out of you

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
was the demo any good?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

was the demo any good?

It's really fun. There's a pseudo-Blue Magic system where the main character can parry an enemy's spell and then gets a few charges of it to use. There's also a job system and you can have two jobs equipped at a time, with separate gear sets, and switch mid-combat with a button press, and if you do it with the right timing you can cancel out of a special move into a job change and continue your combo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Khanstant posted:

sounds like you need someone to beat the chaos out of you

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

was the demo any good?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's OK, I just did it again (checked my capture settings beforehand lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcwAuhq-uFc

(Jumping feels great)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I gotta say... I think I am more eager to play Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin than I am Elden Ring

No accounting for taste.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am guessing ER will continue in the DS tradition as previously noted, while SOPFFO might appeal to Sekiro fans, as it really rewards face-parrying enemy combos

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive tried playing nioh twice and the game controls like trash so i wont be trying that sorry, however i trust in from to make both souls style and their newer style games, its just souls time right now

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I guess I should check out this demo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This is the influence of Chaos

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

nice list. heres mine

1: starlight
2: mystic cave
3&K: lava reef
sa1: lost world
sa2: crazy gadget
heroes: hang castle/mystic mansion, focus on the mystic mansion parts
06: kingdom valley
unleashed: jungle joyride
colors: asteroid coaster (or terminal velocity if that was allowed)

3d lava reef would be sick and i'd love to see a boost take on the final room in crazy gadget

Violen posted:

thinking about when a kirby game got me vgm youtube comment emotional by taking 'grass area' and putting an autumn filter and some strings over it

:yeah:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I want to play STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. put up a ps4 demo you cowards

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

I want to play STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN. put up a ps4 demo you cowards

First you must find Chaos

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've purchased shin megami tensei: nocturne and I'm at the hardest part: deciding what to name my character

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you meet chaos on the road, kill them

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah i'm talking about the sonic ones again

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

when chaos comes along, you must whip it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've purchased shin megami tensei: nocturne and I'm at the hardest part: deciding what to name my character

the canon name is naoki kashima

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

wario

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Relax Or DIE posted:

Rela Xordie

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

homeless snail posted:

yeah i'm talking about the sonic ones again

Are chaos invasive? Do they decimate the bird population?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For anyone thinking of watching several hours of videos about Sonic videogame "icebergs" explained, let me tell you: don't and i wish i didn't even know the details behind Ashura but it's too late for me, save yourself.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can Chaos bloom on the battlefield?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Chaos blooms in my heart.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Chaos Blooms are dangerous and you should not swim in them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's algae

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Chaos is in another castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Walla posted: