Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody can ever accuse the story of A Plague Tale for not going places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Oh nice, I didn't realize the design lab stuff had been updated for the X|S controllers! I need to play around with that

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

theres a lot of rats to avoid and then you stop avoiding them and start using tools to chase them away, then you start doing other things to make them go where you want, then... oh boy just wait

And then one of your party members, a homeless man, uses a lighter and a bottle of rubbing alcohol that he found to spray fire all over people. Another party member, an ex-cop who stood up against the man and lost, watches in awe at this ingenuity. At a loss for creativity, he spreads his tree trunk arms like a bird and charges into the fray.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is actually really cool.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

404notfound posted:

Oh nice, I didn't realize the design lab stuff had been updated for the X|S controllers! I need to play around with that
They just announced it earlier on the Xbox extended stream, you haven't fallen behind or anything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is FPS boost enabled by default?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Depends on the game. For the majority of titles that support it, yes, but there's certain exceptions like Gears 5 in FPS Boost mode defaulting to a lower resolution or something so they have that turned off (something like that I don't remember the specifics of it).

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

MarcusSA posted:

Is FPS boost enabled by default?

Yeah, it depends on the game and the list here shows whether it's on or off by default: https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Depends on the game. For the majority of titles that support it, yes, but there's certain exceptions like Gears 5 in FPS Boost mode defaulting to a lower resolution or something so they have that turned off (something like that I don't remember the specifics of it).

Ok thanks! I’ll have to check because it doesn’t feel like it’s on for FC5 but maybe that’s also because the game wasn’t fully installed when I started playing it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I bought Far Cry 3 on sale for €3 because I thought it had FPS boost :negative:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I made a Dreamcast inspired controller with the old Design Lab.

Had to do the buttons myself though, and I've probably screwed myself a bit by making them Dreamcast colours which aren't the same as Xbox...

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I bought Far Cry 3 on sale for €3 because I thought it had FPS boost :negative:

You should be able to get a refund fairly easily. Log into your Microsoft account and you can request a refund for recent purchases.

Microsoft showed Hellblade 2 during their second E3 show (and apparently there's another coming on Sunday?) and the devs stated that they're still in pre-production so the game is definitely a way off, but they shared some really interesting info. They're working closely with Epic to use Unreal Engine 5 and have been sending a lot of the team to Iceland for photogrammetry with the actress having spent two years studying martial arts as they claim to be increasing the scope of the game dramatically with combat being much deeper. Not sure what's happening with the other game that they have in development but it will be exciting to see how Hellblade 2 ends up, especially since Ninja Theory have a talent for trippy visuals which works really well with the setting they've chosen. Hopefully the combat system is solid.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ive never liked ninja theory combat very much

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Watching the 2nd showcase now and it looks like Halo's BTB will be 12v12 this time. Pretty cool.

edit: I don't know what Scarlet Nexus is but it looks beautiful.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 17, 2021

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Akuma posted:

I made a Dreamcast inspired controller with the old Design Lab.

Had to do the buttons myself though, and I've probably screwed myself a bit by making them Dreamcast colours which aren't the same as Xbox...

Lol this looks like a controller you specifically made just to gently caress with people

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Ive never liked ninja theory combat very much

I think it'll be on-par with or a bit deeper than God of War more than likely. The expanded scope and everything makes me think they're probably aiming to make a game that's quite similar, albeit with the crazy visuals that they're known for. They've demonstrated that they can do large spectacle boss battles as well and given how the original was, I think that's the direction they're moving towards given their stated focus. Going to be interesting when we first see some gameplay, but that's probably a couple of years away at a minimum.

We really need a sequel to Killer Instinct with all these new characters Microsoft has :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hellblade was a game I never thought would need a sequel, but the first was a really unique experience and I'm eager to see where they go with it. I follow Melina Juergens' personal youtube channel and she's been training in stage combat for the past two years to do all her own mocap this time.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah they talked about that a bit today (although I wasn't really paying attention).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Outer wilds has one of the most beautiful/haunting things in a game, where every single run ends with this great song slowly picking up as you notice the world is going to end again. Sometimes you’re in a rush and try to make the most of your last moments, sometimes you just sit down and stare at the sky explode. It’s incredible even if I personally did not get very far in the game before I kinda petered out

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Outer wilds has one of the most beautiful/haunting things in a game, where every single run ends with this great song slowly picking up as you notice the world is going to end again. Sometimes you’re in a rush and try to make the most of your last moments, sometimes you just sit down and stare at the sky explode. It’s incredible even if I personally did not get very far in the game before I kinda petered out

That really is a great moment and that soundtrack and some of it's remixes are amazing

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

if you thought that was something you should see what it does when you play through your final cycle

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

That's weird, almost every one of my runs ended up with me crashing into a planet surface or expending all my air as I drifted off into space.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

I think it'll be on-par with or a bit deeper than God of War more than likely. The expanded scope and everything makes me think they're probably aiming to make a game that's quite similar, albeit with the crazy visuals that they're known for. They've demonstrated that they can do large spectacle boss battles as well and given how the original was, I think that's the direction they're moving towards given their stated focus. Going to be interesting when we first see some gameplay, but that's probably a couple of years away at a minimum.

We really need a sequel to Killer Instinct with all these new characters Microsoft has :negative:

Oh God, Senua in a Killer Instinct game would be awesome.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Any indication of when outer wilds will actually disappear? Haven’t given it a proper try yet but don’t have a lot of game time lately.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

super fart shooter posted:

if you thought that was something you should see what it does when you play through your final cycle

:hai:

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I need to go back to Outer Wilds as I only managed to get the Bad ending and I want to see the good ending.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Escape Goat posted:

Any indication of when outer wilds will actually disappear? Haven’t given it a proper try yet but don’t have a lot of game time lately.

June 30 most likely. I'm almost done with Outer Wilds so hopefully that leaves me enough time to play The Messenger.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

super fart shooter posted:

Now I feel like I should go back

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Now I feel like I should go back

:hai:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I enabled FPS boost on FC5 and drat the resolution hit is pretty obvious. I didn’t expect it to be as dramatic as it was.

Obviously the 60fps is much better and I’m sure I’ll get used to the lower resolution but drat it was jarring at first.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Handsome Wife posted:

That's weird, almost every one of my runs ended up with me crashing into a planet surface or expending all my air as I drifted off into space.

The way to land on planets that works for me is to first lock-on to the planet with Left-Stick (either by looking at it or pressing View to access the map screen), then press Up on D-pad to auto-pilot to the planet.

Then after auto-pilot does its thing, approach the planet slowly while holding A intermittently to auto-match the planet's trajectory as you land.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jun 18, 2021

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Tsietisin posted:

I need to go back to Outer Wilds as I only managed to get the Bad ending and I want to see the good ending.
Get the good ending then go back to it once you're done and get the kazoo ending(s)

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Outer Wilds has an extremely wide fisheye FOV which warps at the edges and is just not playable for me. There’s a FOV slider on PC but last time I checked the Xbox version hadn’t been updated. It’s not my TV settings either, in fact I changed the Screen Fit aspect ratio to 16:9 to cut off the edges but it’s still too warped!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

So I enabled FPS boost on FC5 and drat the resolution hit is pretty obvious. I didn’t expect it to be as dramatic as it was.

Obviously the 60fps is much better and I’m sure I’ll get used to the lower resolution but drat it was jarring at first.

I just wrapped that one up the other day. First time I've actually completes a Far Cry since Blood Dragon.

It was really god drat stupid. Far Cry 5 has great gameplay but the story is a hot pile of poo poo and the ending is one of the most insulting bullshit things I've seen pulled out for an ending in awhile.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I liked all of far cry 5 but the ending was a bit meh.

I didn't realise FPS boost killed the resolution. That explains the fuzzy looking plants in my previous post about it.

New dawn isn't scratching the same itch either.

gently caress eagles attacking me at random though. That poo poo sucked in 3 and it still sucks now.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

I just wrapped that one up the other day. First time I've actually completes a Far Cry since Blood Dragon.

It was really god drat stupid. Far Cry 5 has great gameplay but the story is a hot pile of poo poo and the ending is one of the most insulting bullshit things I've seen pulled out for an ending in awhile.

I actually liked the entire Seed plot but yeah I can see why most people hated it. I just like unhappy endings.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah I'm in full agreement there. The gameplay is probably the best or one of the best in the series, but everything with the plot is awful and there are two endings that are both horrible.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
What's the big deal with Outriders? It's just a Division clone, why was it so hyped up?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It came out when nothing else was out and was free on gp.
The hype is over now tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I actually liked the entire Seed plot but yeah I can see why most people hated it. I just like unhappy endings.

I liked the Seed plot as an idea. Actually having to listen to those assholes and the frequency of the "gently caress You, play this dumb dream sequence mission that doesn't change because you were caught by one of the idiot family" had me screaming and mashing the skip button a lot.

And it's not that I don't like a bummer ending, but let's be real, the Resist ending is some horse poo poo that doesn't get hinted at....uhhhh ever, and if they were going to pull some bullshit out of their asses like that I'd have respected the literal hand of God showing up instead because that would have been something different and unique instead of LOL NUKES

Walk Away isn't really a satisfying conclusion but at least the trigger for it has been forshadowed the entire game and is more of an eye rolling "Ok I guess" situation.