Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ApeHawk posted:

I don't know, but I think I know what the culprit was this time:
whatever that was, it's gone now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

What did Woolie do to his back that laughing too hard fucks him up? :ohdear:

Ageing

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Captain Invictus posted:

whatever that was, it's gone now

Should be fixed now: https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus/clip/GiftedSincereBasenjiGivePLZ-Bq3h9TzkHyDeLZ1s

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

What did Woolie do to his back that laughing too hard fucks him up? :ohdear:

The human lower back was not built for sitting in chairs and Woolie sits in a chair 8 hours a day for his job.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Straight for the throat.

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1402702051725938698

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

harsh but fair

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

they're allowed to have one

https://youtu.be/OwHGE7uhjco

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Woof. That Woolie Onimusha LP is peak Woolie not understanding and refusing to learn anything. The original game is tank controls only, it was Feudal Japan Resident Evil. The entire combat system was built around this. He's solely using the free directional movement they added into the Remaster thinking that was in the original game and LOL why would you use tank controls? He didn't realize there was a lock on and dodge options until two episodes in despite looking at the controls for a minute reading aloud all the options and then pouring that information out the other ear. I think he's forgotten completely that you can block. There's an entire boss fight where the camera is wildly swapping because he's eight way running like a chicken with his head cut off instead of actually fighting the guy. It's just full of Woolie "I'm completely in the dark about this genre and series but I have many smug assumptions I presume are 100% correct always."

Take a hard pass on that one.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It’s going to be funny to see the cut of the LP that’s just counting how many times he accidentally brings up the map, though

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There is now a non-zero chance that Kiryu Coco post-graduation could star in a future Yakuza game! Kiryu's VA contacted her after all!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Context:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nohman posted:

Woof. That Woolie Onimusha LP is peak Woolie not understanding and refusing to learn anything. The original game is tank controls only, it was Feudal Japan Resident Evil. The entire combat system was built around this. He's solely using the free directional movement they added into the Remaster thinking that was in the original game and LOL why would you use tank controls? He didn't realize there was a lock on and dodge options until two episodes in despite looking at the controls for a minute reading aloud all the options and then pouring that information out the other ear. I think he's forgotten completely that you can block. There's an entire boss fight where the camera is wildly swapping because he's eight way running like a chicken with his head cut off instead of actually fighting the guy. It's just full of Woolie "I'm completely in the dark about this genre and series but I have many smug assumptions I presume are 100% correct always."

Take a hard pass on that one.

Quick, someone tell him it's Like A Fighting Game Actually and we'll hit Woolie Bingo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Quick, someone tell him it's Like A Fighting Game Actually and we'll hit Woolie Bingo.

Is there some way for him to think he's using a Stand?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

As a counterpoint, I actually quite enjoyed the Onimusha playthrough so far. Sure he's getting things wrong, but it's not the way it was with Batman. He isn't getting angry or frustrated in a serious way, he and Reggie are still joking and enjoying themselves as they struggle with the camera and controls.

Possibly it's because he went in expecting jank, compared to Arkham where he was expecting polish.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of Batman, I've got back to actually watch S2. I dropped S1 because I thought everything with Dent and Penguin was lame as hell, but people have talked up S2 forever. I'm up to the start of episode 3 and yeah wow everything about John in this loving rules.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I'm also enjoying Onimusha a lot actually, it's been so long since I played it and I only even played it like once, so aside from a few moments of eyerolling at him complaining about the camera angle swaps it's pretty fun to watch.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah this Onimusha playthrough is pretty good. Woolie blinding things is only annoying when he's also miserable and hating the game. Woolie blinding things when he's engaged and interested is just part of fun.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
lol i was avoiding watching the Onimusha videos because of that negative post but yeah Woolie is having fun and so am i, the half-watcher of the lp

he's not even wrong about the camera angles: he could use tank controls to run around less but the fight on the rooftop's cameras were positioned oddly from below--in a way where the camera obscures the enemy's distance from the player, i was constantly having trouble following whether he was in range of attacks or not

is the music different from the original release? i haven't played the game in like 20 years at this point but i swear i remember a different musical punctuation accompanying Nobunaga's death

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bonaventure posted:

lol i was avoiding watching the Onimusha videos because of that negative post but yeah Woolie is having fun and so am i, the half-watcher of the lp

he's not even wrong about the camera angles: he could use tank controls to run around less but the fight on the rooftop's cameras were positioned oddly from below--in a way where the camera obscures the enemy's distance from the player, i was constantly having trouble following whether he was in range of attacks or not

is the music different from the original release? i haven't played the game in like 20 years at this point but i swear i remember a different musical punctuation accompanying Nobunaga's death

they replaced all the tracks that were made by the composer who was faking being deaf and actually stealing his assistant's work

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/meatrodimus/status/1404171067908821005

I chuckled

myfriendboots
Jan 18, 2021
Does anyone remember the "perspective" gun science fiction book that Woolie talked about on the podcast a while ago? I can't remember too much about the plot, but it was something along the lines of "scientist creates a way to view the past, but the past is anything that isn't the present so he could see things in basically real time". Thanks in advance!

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

myfriendboots posted:

Does anyone remember the "perspective" gun science fiction book that Woolie talked about on the podcast a while ago? I can't remember too much about the plot, but it was something along the lines of "scientist creates a way to view the past, but the past is anything that isn't the present so he could see things in basically real time". Thanks in advance!

Sounds like The Dead Past by Asimov.

Paladin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 14, 2021

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I haven’t listened to that ep, but it sounds like the premise of Pastwatch, by Orson Scott Card.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

pat: "I'm a dutiful man, i buy only the biggest sex toys for my woman"

I loving lost it right there. I love listening to these idiots.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The memes coming out of Strangers of Paradise prove that the SBFP reddit is great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDbZxnjTBA

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I don't normally laugh out loud but holy poo poo:

Might be NWS: https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueSnappyWalletKreygasm-TxqjiymYUYKWN4mQ

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pennsylvanian posted:

I don't normally laugh out loud but holy poo poo:

I don't get it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Paige reliving the hand turkey trauma was funnier

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

speaking of, since i just saw it myself:

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfGripes/status/1353218207906099200

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentCautiousTardigradeDerp-T8fWK7vJcG7evI-J

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I don't get it.

Ratchet and Rivet (the new female character) are from a race called the Lombax.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did pat do a watchalong for the Nintendo direct?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

It's Paige's delivery here that really seals it, lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Did pat do a watchalong for the Nintendo direct?

Nah, that tweet from Nintendo Japan saying that you shouldn't stream your reactions to the Direct got him to not do it at all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, that tweet from Nintendo Japan saying that you shouldn't stream your reactions to the Direct got him to not do it at all.
Never fear! Max Dood and his legal immunity is here! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqpP5j0SER4

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Pat's new outro is some top-tier anime poo poo

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Did they pull out of doing a podcast this week? There’s usually something in my feed by now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Warbird posted:

Did they pull out of doing a podcast this week? There’s usually something in my feed by now.
Nope! 5 hours this week! Woolie is ok!

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah they just pushed it back a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ah ok, thanks. 5 hours is a new record, yes? Or did they hit 6 at some point?