Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
thank you for your input on my name difficulty my friends. at this time i will be going with 'naoki kashima'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

yeah i'm talking about the sonic ones again

what the

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A miserable little pile of chaos

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I liked the Strangers of Paradise demo except the mage job was kinda poo poo because to use magic you have to select the spell you want and then fire it off (it will save the position of the last spell you used which is good). If you’re trying to switch spells in combat, you have to scroll to the spell while the enemies still move around and can hit you so usually you’ll take an attack or two to get to the spell you want. I found myself just using Swordsman instead. I don’t think I’d play a mage class in the game.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Hot take but Sekiro is basically what I expected when I first played Dark Souls, it's a game that is hard just for the sake of being hard to appeal to masochists who like telling others to "git gud" unironically. It's beautiful and the controls and movement are amazing, but it's also utterly tedious to play and is definitely the worst game From has made post Demon Souls. The lack of stats and build diversity make the game infinitely less interesting or replayable and thank god From realized that and are abandoning that concept for Elden Ring.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Adam Bowen posted:

Hot take but Sekiro is basically what I expected when I first played Dark Souls, it's a game that is hard just for the sake of being hard to appeal to masochists who like telling others to "git gud" unironically. It's beautiful and the controls and movement are amazing, but it's also utterly tedious to play and is definitely the worst game From has made post Demon Souls. The lack of stats and build diversity make the game infinitely less interesting or replayable and thank god From realized that and are abandoning that concept for Elden Ring.

sounds like you're bad at sekiro

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

thank you for your input on my name difficulty my friends. at this time i will be going with 'naoki kashima'

But what did you put as your nickname...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm awful at Sekiro and not a masochist at all but it's one of the only two From games that I've beaten the last boss of (the other being DS3). As much as I love the other games when I hit a wall I tend to get frustrated and drift off but Sekiro is so drat compelling.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

so you couldnt finish it is what youre saying lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

stev posted:

I'm awful at Sekiro and not a masochist at all but it's one of the only two From games that I've beaten the last boss of (the other being DS3). As much as I love the other games when I hit a wall I tend to get frustrated and drift off but Sekiro is so drat compelling.

Awesome work I'm very proud of you.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Adam Bowen posted:

This is going to be hard to believe, but there are some players that enjoy really hard games and don't wrap their self worth up in how good or bad they are at video games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
every time i defeated a boss in sekiro i looked at the trophy acquisition rates and sneered at all the scrubs beneath me

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sounds like you're bad at sekiro

I'm bad at dark souls and incredibly bad at bloodborne but those games are still fun to play because of how well-designed and balanced the encounters are. They're challenging but ultimately fair.. Sekiro is designed to only be enjoyed by people who can handle 50 millisecond parry windows and like doing the same encounter 50 times. But like I said, I'm just glad that From has recognized their mistakes and is building on the Souls formula instead.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

before a Games Chat Slapfight™ gets going here I’d like to tell you all to check out the demo for DEATH TRASH on steam, looks like it’s gonna gently caress. thanks for reading everyone

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I guess I am a masochist

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm bad at dark souls and incredibly bad at bloodborne but those games are still fun to play because of how well-designed and balanced the encounters are. They're challenging but ultimately fair.. Sekiro is designed to only be enjoyed by people who can handle 50 millisecond parry windows and like doing the same encounter 50 times. But like I said, I'm just glad that From has recognized their mistakes and is building on the Souls formula instead.

too obvious. youre rusty.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Adam Bowen posted:

Sekiro is designed to only be enjoyed by people who can handle 50 millisecond parry windows and like doing the same encounter 50 times.

Adam Bowen posted:

But like I said, I'm just glad that From has recognized their mistakes and is building on the Souls formula instead.

Yeah, it's designed to appeal to people that like it. There are people that like it, that means it's not a mistake, it's just not for you. Stop trying to take away people's fun or make them feel bad for enjoying it. You are literally doing the thing you are claiming masochistic 'get gud' gamers do.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

For anyone thinking of watching several hours of videos about Sonic videogame "icebergs" explained, let me tell you: don't and i wish i didn't even know the details behind Ashura but it's too late for me, save yourself.

I wasn't

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Alright, I'm downloading STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I don't like From's games, but I'm glad other people enjoy them.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think Sekiro is wonderful, and I certainly wouldn't consider myself good at video games. But I love parry mechanics, which I know isn't for everyone.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Sekiro can be hard but very little of it is actually bullshit. You will almost always know what you did wrong when you die. Much like irl.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If anything I also find Sekiro's parry to be ridiculously lenient. Partially because if you mistime it, you're not going to eat poo poo, you just do a normal block. In other From games I tend to avoid parries because a failed parry can easily be the death of you. In Sekiro, you just take a bit of posture damage, which is super easy to recover.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Alright, I'm downloading STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN TRIAL VERSION

ty for rubbin your PS5 in my face

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adam Bowen posted:

Sekiro parrying is easier than fast rolling in a dark souls game, the window is huge

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

naoki buddies :hfive:

Btw since Matador I haven’t come close to dying, maybe one or two unlucky Mudo/Hama instakill rolls but that’s it. Game really is all about stat manipulation moves, namely evasion/accuracy ones, that plus making demons that are immune to said Mudo/Hama instakill moves

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It sucks that Elden Ring is called Elden Ring, gonna see it abbreviated a bunch as ER when it comes out and “ER” is not a cool abbreviation

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Enough! the plural of Chao is Chao.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How do they pronounce “Chao”, is it a hard k, or a ch?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

How do they pronounce “Chao”, is it a hard k, or a ch?

Soft ch, sounds like chow

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sharrrk posted:

too late, the damage has been done

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m gonna have to say “ciao” to these Chao !!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

sharrrk posted:

Chaoses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Chaii

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
meow meow choco chao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
In the future doctors will make you play Sekiro to test your basic reflex response instead of smashing your knee with their lil baby doctor's hammer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't know if this flew under the radar for most people but its the first i'm seeing it after being curious if any more fan progress was made on timesplitters 2 in Homefront Revolution.
https://twitter.com/deepsilver/status/1395238772938264577

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Somehow I accidentally unbookmarked this thread and then didn't notice for a while

so

ahem

clears throat

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
1100 new posts what did I miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003