Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tabletops posted:

there’s a burger place around here offering 18 hr starting wage, 100% healthcare coverage etc. pretty rad

$18 AN HOUR!!? those burgers must be

*mashes calculator

FIFTY DOLLARS...without fries or a drink!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tabletops posted:

there’s a burger place around here offering 18 hr starting wage, 100% healthcare coverage etc. pretty rad

i saw something like that circulating on facebook, $4.00 burgers, $18 wages+benefits

as it turns out, the best way to raise all ships is to just increase the minimum water level

edit: https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1404671938182717446/photo/1 here's a twitter post

open 10:30-2:00 am, :laffo:
clearly they are not hurting for labor, business or profit

I know not every market is Seattle but jesus christ maybe people buy more burgers when everybody has more money?

Mirthless has issued a correction as of 20:44 on Jun 17, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the Juneteenth law , commerorating the moment when slavery was illegal in the south and legal in Delaware, being signed by a guy from Delaware? just amazing

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Mirthless posted:

i saw that circulating on facebook, $4.00 burgers, $18 wages+benefits

as it turns out, the best way to raise all ships is to just increase the minimum water level

edit: https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/status/1404671938182717446/photo/1 here's a twitter post

I want to join the Dick crew

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Jenelle_M_P/status/1405603173725655043?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Atrocious Joe posted:

the liberal media is focused on 1/6 because the democrats aren't doing anything policy wise, and are running on "protecting democracy" in the midterms

Certainly, but don't be surprised when the only thing congress can agree on is spying on us more.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tabletops posted:

That's cool. Millions of people work for starvation wages in this country, and if the minimum wage had kept pace with inflation it'd be like $27/hr right now. But thanks for the update about some restaurant in your town, I guess.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

The Nastier Nate posted:

I want to join the Dick crew

I know that it's hard work, but I'm a hard working kind of guy. I'm the sorta fella who just pumps his arms and gets to work, no matter how dirty it is, no matter how sweaty it is, I can stand tall and proud until we've pounded it out and the customer has left satisfied

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

you gotta be willing to put in the long, hard hours to be in the dick crew

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

getting shafted isn't in your future when you work for dick

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

The Pussy Boss posted:

That's cool. Millions of people work for starvation wages in this country, and if the minimum wage had kept pace with inflation it'd be like $27/hr right now. But thanks for the update about some restaurant in your town, I guess.

i mean the place is a literal example of a success story for spiking the minimum wage, it's cool to be mad it's not happening for the rest of us but at least it's functional progress, somewhere

the big problem with the Democratic party is that it completely fails to take these successes and apply them on the national scale because they're constantly pandering to voters that either do not exist (and have never existed) or voters that aren't going to change sides

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Now let me tell you what's really in the Dick's special

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Penis

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

You've had us in you, now get in Dick's!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
like TBH I have become increasingly convinced over the years that the main aim of the Democratic party is to use the national apparatus to improve lives for people in the most populous safe blue states, and those people alone, and nothing the Biden administration has done has changed my mind on this point

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mirthless posted:

i saw something like that circulating on facebook, $4.00 burgers, $18 wages+benefits

open 10:30-2:00 am, :laffo:
clearly they are not hurting for labor, business or profit

I know not every market is Seattle but jesus christ maybe people buy more burgers when everybody has more money?

In a heavy Chicago accent: This is still cheaper than Portillos

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

you gotta be willing to put in the long, hard hours to be in the dick crew

WRONG!
https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1405544391167643654?s=20

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

In a heavy Chicago accent: This is still cheaper than Portillos

..gently caress you now I crave a cake shake

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mirthless posted:

like TBH I have become increasingly convinced over the years that the main aim of the Democratic party is to use the national apparatus to improve lives for people in the most populous safe blue states, and those people alone, and nothing the Biden administration has done has changed my mind on this point

They aren't improving the lives of people in blue states who make under 50k, that is for sure.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lib and let die posted:

You've had us in you, now get in Dick's!

got dicks in my mouth right now. later I’ll have dicks in my butt

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mirthless posted:

Nah, they're just money laundering schemes.

Those people's lives aren't affected by anything. The average suburbanite who thought Trump was going to meaningfully affect their lives by taking away their right to vote for "not their favorite choice" is very funny.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mirthless posted:

pretty sure life has gotten harder in California, New York, and Illinois over the years.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

yellowcar posted:

remember when trump let the original patriot act expire?

lmao

You never know what you've got until it's gone.

:sad:

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Atrocious Joe posted:

pretty sure life has gotten harder in California, New York, and Illinois over the years.

Rent rising by 5-6% every year for 30 years straight is not only sustainable, but a sign of a healthy and well balanced economy.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mirthless posted:

they aren't helping people in those states

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

Well, Chicago has had a mass shooting a week since beginning of 2019, more than double the runner up philly, but no one in power really cares since the shootings don't happen in places they go

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

mastershakeman posted:

Well, Chicago has had a mass shooting a week since beginning of 2019, more than double the runner up philly, but no one in power really cares since the shootings don't happen in places they go

can we take away the guns

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RasperFat posted:

Rent rising by 5-6% every year for 30 years straight is not only sustainable, but a sign of a healthy and well balanced economy.

You can see how healthy it is. When wages stay the same over that period people are still somehow mostly able to not die of exposure!

The system works?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.
https://twitter.com/felixsalmon/status/1405591607567601672?s=21

Lol American journalism has no standards.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

my deep dive into Profit — quite possibly the largest theft of all time

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tabletops posted:

good news, pretty much everyone doing the shootings wasn't allowed to have weapons! problem solved

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tabletops posted:

from who

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

my deep dive into Profit — quite possibly the largest theft of all time

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tabletops posted:

What? You'd prefer they was pushed out windows?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

What was Alito's reason for being against child slavery? Did he have a worse stupid opinion?

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I was reminded of this because he's making an rear end of himself in the Free Larry thread, but while I was on probation for trespassing in the homework castle, I noticed this uspol tattletale dweeb

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

master's in CS is tough because it can potentially prepare you for a management track, but then you'd be part of the management class and end up hating yourself forever

outing himself as lurking in the succ zone because he couldn't resist the lib siren song of posting about grad school and I am disappointed none of y'all clocked it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

now do wage theft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

General Bullshit posted:

What was Alito's reason for being against child slavery? Did he have a worse stupid opinion?

Why should only children be slaves??