Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Since this came up I've been desperately trying to find the clip of Seth saying he would hack the mainframe and bypass the firewall and that's how he got his dad out of prison.

"I got you, Dad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

862 episode had me laughing a lot. Seth’s takes on UFOs and Blues Traveller were choice. The boys seem happy and I’m happy for them

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

863 has a like 10+ minute segment of some all-time gold in the middle, if you get the videos on Patreon but don't usually watch go do that asap, can't wait for it to hit the podcast feed for everyone else
and contra Seth: I do think a lot of those songs are still pretty good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I wonder if Seth listens to any podcasts regularly? I can't imagine he does. although he mentioned something about Paul Blart 2 being synced to Dark Side of the Moon, which would indicate he's at least been exposed to his spiritual podcasting sons, the McElroy brothers.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i put a sackless baby in my wife!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

General Dog posted:

I wonder if Seth listens to any podcasts regularly? I can't imagine he does. although he mentioned something about Paul Blart 2 being synced to Dark Side of the Moon, which would indicate he's at least been exposed to his spiritual podcasting sons, the McElroy brothers.

Seth would absolutely hate the mcelroy brothers, but I think he has listened to podcasts at some point because I remember something about how he listened to them at his desktop computer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah he for sure wouldn’t like the McElroys. It seems like he’d probably enjoy Maron even if you disregard his “friend of the show” status.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

one time he said he went to a 2 dope queens live show

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

chamois posted:

one time he said he went to a 2 dope queens live show

YOU’RE THE PROBLEM!!!

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
IS THIS A KOREAN THING?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Seth talking about Pennywise in 864 is well worth watching on video.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Holy poo poo the MJ rant.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

niethan posted:

Holy poo poo the MJ rant.
it's great

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jackson or Jordan?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

General Dog posted:

Jackson or Jordan?

The guy who hosed kids.

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

GraPar posted:

Seth talking about Pennywise in 864 is well worth watching on video.

Ngl disappointed that this wasn't about the band

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

From 861- how does Jonathan, a man who has done every drug, not know the word "dissociation"?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

General Dog posted:

From 861- how does Jonathan, a man who has done every drug, not know the word "dissociation"?

Because he did every drug

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
For olds like Jah (and I) the term used to be “disassociation”. It’s fallen out of favor for “dissociation”.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
865: Jonathan owning a genuine Maverick flight suit as a child is insane.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

How would you spell ‘bogata’, their slang for bogus

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

That's it, like the place.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I picked up the term "cloaking it" from Seth years ago and still use it sometimes.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

zenguitarman posted:

Bogota

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
"Bone down" didn't just enter my lexicon but my friends too and they don't even listen to the show.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
It’s definitely something. Five grown men with a video camera jerking a dog off? It’s not nothing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I probably use a lot of UYD terms in conversation, but by crowning UYD slang moment was the time my wife said "Koby Teith" when talking to someone about the country musician. For a brief moment I felt my soul leaving for Nirvana.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

‘byyyyeeee’ is the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I’ve said aloud. It’s fun

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

jeez-o
bone down
shadracked

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I say our dog is "boning down" when she's chewing on her nylabone

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I forget which recent episode it was, but them talking about Danny Masterson's tweet about "being dropped off at school by mom" was so funny

Blackbeer
Aug 13, 2007

well, well, well

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I picked up the term "cloaking it" from Seth years ago and still use it sometimes.

I've never said "straight lampin'" but it's burned in my brain alongside "chi-mo".

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Actually now I think about it, "laughing and slapping" is another I got a lot of use out of.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 27, 2021

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat, rips to a real one: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/cops-creator-john-langley-dies-road-race-mexico-78525175

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Later loser

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Vet story in 866 is so good.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
someone should make a compilation of every time Seth imitates a sov cit