Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Daft little game, silly little penalty, gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

rear end cobra posted:

I have a feeling that Croatia will not be in the Euro 2020 final

Seems like they were replaced by pod people - not even a shadow of what they have been

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Well, that was a shadow then

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol nice

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

And the Czechs woulda gotten away with it if it wasn't for those Perisić kids

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Perisick goal

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Not bad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why's the Croatian goal scorer not celebrating

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nicely done, Perisic

Edit- wrong, Efan. Maybe you try standing in goal and reacting in less than 1/10 second?

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

We might finally have a game

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
honestly I'm in favour of giving penalties for elbowing someone in the face even if it's unintentional

rugby's taken intent out of the equation when it comes to head injuries, football should be following imo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

honestly I'm in favour of giving penalties for elbowing someone in the face even if it's unintentional

rugby's taken intent out of the equation when it comes to head injuries, football should be following imo

I agree. Players should be incentivized to actually play safely and not hurt each other

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Julio Cruz posted:

Yeah, as much as I'm a fan of violence, head injuries are no joke.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Head injuries are bad but putting your head in danger is a pretty core part of football. It's a long road to get there is what I'm saying.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

could start by not letting players who obviously were concussed, continue play

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
All that accomplishes is making the punishment for defenders using their arms to help them jump massively more severe than the punishment for forwards doing the same.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
A lot of footballers are pretty ‘borderline’ to start with, so best not to risk anything wrt head injuries

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Literally "Screw the rules, we have money!" right here.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

All that accomplishes is making the punishment for defenders using their arms to help them jump massively more severe than the punishment for forwards doing the same.

I mean that's already the case for every foul

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
This game finally feeling fun

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

as a casual observer ( I know literally nothing about sports medicine) and judging by phrases used like "swallowing ones tongue" and medics pulling out the smelling salts, seems like football medicine is stuck in the 1940s.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Omnikin posted:

I mean personally I am wildly on the side of pineapples on pizza, that poo poo is delicious

now to find out if I am on the side of bananas on pizza. Dinner is sorted tonight

What the gently caress

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Different strokes and all. I'm obviously of the belief that just about everything belongs on pizza

edit - except pickles, so poor Vlasic for missing that opportunity

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jun 18, 2021

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pineapples yeah but bananas on pizza, you're basically in dessert pizza territory

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

a bit of a pickle by Vlasic

edit dammit beaten

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
The posts have died down, so I'm assuming all our English posters are currently eating some banana pizza and getting hyped up?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Grealish on the bench again

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
James & Shaw the only changes, it looks like?

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

the weather looks permafucked for the highlight of the day

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What's for dinner? Haggis sandwich

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

poo poo, I totally forgot to look up different things that Scotland's lost historically, which apparently is a lot

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

That ref must need to take a poo poo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
uhhh 3 minutes extra time, Croatia have the ball outside the Czech box after a free kick rebound, ref blows the game at 2:40 into extra time

what

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gently caress England imho

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sandwolf posted:

:agreed: op

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

England (4-1-2-3) Pickford; James, Stones, Mings, Shaw; Rice; Phillips, Mount; Foden, Kane, Sterling.
Substitutes: Maguire, Chilwell, Grealish, J Henderson, Rashford, Trippier, Ramsdale, Coady, Sancho, Calvert-Lewin, Johnstone, Bellingham.

Scotland (3-1-4-2) Marshall; McTominay, Hanley, Tierney; Gilmour; O’Donnell, McGregor, McGinn, Robertson; Dykes, Adams.
Substitutes: Gordon, McLaughlin, Christie, Fleck, Cooper, Armstrong, Nisbet, Fraser, Patterson, Hendry, Forrest, McKenna.

Referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz (Spain).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Enjoy you’re ban bitcj

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Omnikin posted:

uhhh 3 minutes extra time, Croatia have the ball outside the Czech box after a free kick rebound, ref blows the game at 2:40 into extra time

what

Think another Spanish ref blew a La Liga game a full minute early then had to have everyone come back out to play the last minute

Spanish referees and their timekeeping. I wonder if that will be an issue in the next game….

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Southgate's gonna go through every combination of wingbacks until they reach the final

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bape Culture posted:

Enjoy you’re ban bitcj

Greg’s gone bitch this is the Gigi Galli Protalia FanZone enjoy your sunburn