Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Escobarbarian posted:

He was probably just trying to show how woke he is by supporting sex work, let’s be honest

This is it right here

e: gently caress what a lovely snype, here's a funny tiktok from Justin https://www.tiktok.com/@hoopsmcelro...742874607404545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

John Wick of Dogs posted:

He was rt'ing any content creator including only fans. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That some people ran the numbers and saw statistically he retweeted a couple more only fans accounts than other kind of creators to try and embarrass him is pathetic.

yea I'm all for a good ol 'let's laugh at Travis' but unless I'm missing a bit where he was specifically being all 'hey fans drop your OF and I'll retweet after cranking off' I'm just not seeing the issue in 'he asked for content from fans to signal boost during the pandemic and that included him retweeing OF when people sent him that'. That is, literally, just him being sex positive and not being a weirdo for once in his life.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Even this thread thinks Travis being dragged is dumb for once. I fully expect a 2 hour video of why the McElroy's should be boycotted to be posted before evening still

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"I'll retweet after cranking off" is a tweet I want to see in the wild

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Even this thread thinks Travis being dragged is dumb for once. I fully expect a 2 hour video of why the McElroy's should be boycotted to be posted before evening still

the last 2 hour video that was posted was pretty cool and chill tho and had nothing really bad to say about the Good Good Brothers

also after like a decade listening to MaxFun I’ve concluded that the rocket logo is like a cosmic Freudian slip, symbolizing how MaxFun fans should be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ok Comboomer posted:

the last 2 hour video that was posted was pretty cool and chill tho and had nothing really bad to say about the Good Good Brothers

also after like a decade listening to MaxFun I’ve concluded that the rocket logo is like a cosmic Freudian slip, symbolizing how MaxFun fans should be loaded onto a rocket and fired into the sun

What was the super non click bait title for that again?

Maxfun content fans are worse than Jesse Thorns voice.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Now only Griffin can still breed. The window on My Cousin, My Cousin and Me is rapidly closing, depending on how many of the 6 next-gen McElroys will want to do podcasts when they're older.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What was the super non click bait title for that again?

How the Internet Turned on the McElroys?

Idk that seems pretty apt, considering that all the Reddit groups seem to be more about making GBS threads on the brothers these days than actually celebrating their content

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also if someone's business is making youtube videos, i can only be so mad at them for giving them titles that people want to click on. people gotta eat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also if someone's business is making youtube videos, i can only be so mad at them for giving them titles that people want to click on. people gotta eat

On the other hand the world would be better if the people who made youtube videos as their business literally didn't eat (maybe for a month at least)

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

On the other hand the world would be better if the people who made youtube videos as their business literally didn't eat (maybe for a month at least)

:chloe:

you mean like the people in the title of this thread?

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 17, 2021

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

It is weird to ask your fans to promote their only fans on your timeline, but also I don't care

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tears In A Vial posted:

It is weird to ask your fans to promote their only fans on your timeline, but also I don't care

it would be weird to ask for that specifically but it sounds like he literally did not do that which makes this the lamest non-issue

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dear thread:

Please give me your onlyfans and I will signal boost them to my grandparents on facebook

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

You better crank off first

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

You better crank off first

onto some keyboard goop that you collected

and then you gotta eat it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ok Comboomer posted:

onto some keyboard goop that you collected

and then you gotta eat it

I thank you for your infinite mercy

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I wonder whatever happened to that dude

wonder if he reregged w/ a different name

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I went to a Night Vale show and I was easily the oldest guy in there by about 8-10 years. I dunno, I guess podcast fandom is a young man's game.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

grittyreboot posted:

I went to a Night Vale show and I was easily the oldest guy in there by about 8-10 years. I dunno, I guess podcast fandom is a young man's game.

I loved Nightvale in the beginning. It had a great balance of high strangeness, cosmic horror, and dry humor. Then, about a season or two in it just becoming…twee. Still very high quality, but not what It was in the beginning. Then, when they aired their first live show, the entire audience was high pitched teen girl cheers. I was like, “Oh, I’m not really the audience they’re pitching to, anymore.”

Which is fine. I don’t lack for podcasts aimed at middle-aged neo-lib normies. I mean, I’m here, aren’t I?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

young woman’s game*

Night Vale was massive on tumblr back when tumblr was still relevant and it’s stayed pretty big in a lot of tumblr’s diaspora communities as those often-quite young fans have gotten older.

There’s a lot of like “embarrassing nerd girl” fanfic/shipping/etc culture around Night Vale and it’s some of the most vocal and active parts of that fandom.

A lot of Zoomer-aged former horny teens out there who primarily know Joseph Fink and Jackson Publick and even Mara Wilson as “people from Night Vale” and not from their pre-podcasting careers. Millennials too, I’ve watched Venture Bros with two girlfriends since 2014 and in both cases they went “Oh Jackson Publick? The podcast actor? Wait have you ever heard of this show, Night Vale?” and then in one case one of them followed with “you probably haven’t. It’s mostly popular with teen girls”

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 18, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’m more or less in the same boat. Enjoyed it for a bit and dropped it for reasons more or less summed up as being “overly twee”. Glad to hear folks are still enjoying it and I’m amazed I didn’t put two and two together and realize that the Jackson in question was Venture Jackson.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I definitely am in that nightvale boat. I dropped it sometime after the first novel had hit and after 2 live shows. The first I went to with my brother and a friend but the second I was all alone at. I definitely felt about 10 years older than the rest of the audience haha. It's fine though, I'm glad to hear they're still doing good and I still follow Cecil Baldwin on twitter fwiw.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Listening to the latest TAZ and it’s funny how Griffin realised they were running out of time for them to really figure out all the stuff they need to so he’s kinda like “well here’s a bunch of other people wanting to do sea stuff and they give you all their info!!”

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
The Night Vale creators also branched out into several other shows which are worth checking out. Within The Wires is “found audio” from a parallel universe where society coalesced into a global communalist dystopia after WWI, told through meditation tapes, museum guides, secretary dictation, etc. Alice Isn’t Dead is road-trip Americana musings mixed with conspiratorial horror, narrated by Jasika Nicole, known primarily as a guest star on Night Vale and also the TV show Fringe.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Listening to the latest TAZ and it’s funny how Griffin realised they were running out of time for them to really figure out all the stuff they need to so he’s kinda like “well here’s a bunch of other people wanting to do sea stuff and they give you all their info!!”

I don't think that's what that was so much as "here's another faction that are also water-based so we can encounter them later in the actual game". All they got out of them was the start of their water base, which they could just as easily have gotten by discovering a thing for their base or making a project to build it. The game is super freeform!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wait, does :iiam: have a life outside SA or is BDG a goon?

@00:31 if you're impatient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNW54MP98c

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that’s a fair point, I was assuming it would come into play more.

Laughing at them Boaty McBoatfacing their own warship

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

grittyreboot posted:

I don't know enough about Night Vale to be surprised about that, but there's no way Travis McElroy's primary audience is teenagers

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Empty Sandwich posted:

I don't know enough about Night Vale to be surprised about that, but there's no way Travis McElroy's primary audience is teenagers

clearly you’ve never been to the “fanfic” side of the McElroy/TAZ fandom (granted, none of those people are teens anymore)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wizzardstaff posted:

The Night Vale creators also branched out into several other shows which are worth checking out. Within The Wires is “found audio” from a parallel universe where society coalesced into a global communalist dystopia after WWI, told through meditation tapes, museum guides, secretary dictation, etc. Alice Isn’t Dead is road-trip Americana musings mixed with conspiratorial horror, narrated by Jasika Nicole, known primarily as a guest star on Night Vale and also the TV show Fringe.

Alice Isn't Dead was so loving good. Within The Wires just never hooked me.

I still listen to nightvale on occasion. Just something to come back to from time to time.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Alice Isn't Dead was so loving good. Within The Wires just never hooked me.

You might want to check back in on it if you have the time and inclination to see if any of the newer seasons hold your interest. They're all self-contained and pretty different from each other. The most recent one was a series of voicemails from a woman to her ex-girlfriend in reverse chronological order over the history of their relationship, the one before that was missives from a cult leader to her daughter as she travels the globe and subverts the world government.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

wizzardstaff posted:

I missed this when it originally came out and finally tracked down the video where he said it. Amazing self-determination move, I'm in awe.

Where did he say this?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Farecoal posted:

Where did he say this?

Opening 20 seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb4CxTTFDfA

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Wait, does :iiam: have a life outside SA or is BDG a goon?

@00:31 if you're impatient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nNW54MP98c

This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3abPnEEGE&t=3s and a tumblr thing have used it so it's very possible to know it without the origin.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Night Vale came out when I spent my weekends driving between my internship city and my college town, a 3 hour trip along empty stretches of highway at twilight. It was an absolutely lovely experience.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Travis did a guest voice on the new season of Summer Camp Island. You'll recognize him as the bunny giving the sanctimonious rant.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Night Vale is really bad for binging because you start to realize every episode is basically the same thing. There are a few standout funny/creepy things it but they’re spread out really far from each other sadly

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Reaverbot posted:

Night Vale is really bad for binging because you start to realize every episode is basically the same thing. There are a few standout funny/creepy things it but they’re spread out really far from each other sadly

This happened to me with the show – as happened with This American Life and The Moth. Once you id the anatomy of the shows, it's harder to really enjoy em' for what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Of course his ‘new look’ was just a long setup for this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3XnKr0lvDw