Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

GAR fuckin' ruled.

It was the GAR's official stance that while a spirit of reconciliation in the country was good and we should be friends again, under no circumstances should Confederates be involved with Memorial Day.

Because gently caress 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

McNally posted:

GAR fuckin' ruled.

It was the GAR's official stance that while a spirit of reconciliation in the country was good and we should be friends again, under no circumstances should Confederates be involved with Memorial Day.

Because gently caress 'em.

It was also their stance that Confederate memorials had no place on any of the battlefields, because again gently caress 'em, right?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My friend used to refer to the confederate graveyard where we lived as the “city dump” but to be fair to the dump they serve a useful municipal purpose.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
There are Nazi soldiers buried at Normandy.

This should make everyone here happy:

https://time.com/2826794/at-d-day-commemoration-few-mourn-the-wars-losers/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crossposting because this is definitely someone in the mil

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

someone from Bragg and a lease, iirc

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
An 8 year lease?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Wow, that's a mortgage for a decent sized medium house.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oh...that's not a Hellcat. A Hellcat starts at $69k, that car is $44k. The 67k is the finance charges.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Paying over $111,000 for a $45,000 car :lmao:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

According to a buddy of mine, that is actually for a VW Tiguan.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

CommieGIR posted:

Wow, that's a mortgage for a decent sized medium house.

Can a house rot in a parking lot while you're on deployment for a year? No, so clearly this this is a better buy.

Remulak fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jun 17, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Shooting Blanks posted:

It says Dodge on it...do affiliated dealerships charge interest rates like that (ie could that even be a Dodge dealership selling a used Tiguan at 28%)? I've never seen it, but even when I was in stupid debt I was never being shown rates like that. I've only heard about it at actual used car dealers.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 17, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Dealers absolutely sell used cars of other makes, quite happily. Usually the higher quality trade-ins, but some will look for specific auction cars that supplant a weak or nonexistent spot in their own manufacturer's lineup (Toyota dealers love selling used Mustangs)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I know that, but do they offer that kind of interest rate?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Godholio posted:

Unless there's a state law against, gladly.

It seems like the usual territory of the buy here/pay heres, but I can imagine a near-base OEM dealership adopting those tactics

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

They absolutely will offer that rate. The bank probably quoted them 20% and the dealer pockets the extra percentage.

The F&I guy probably got a $4-5k commission on that sale.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Used cars draw much higher interest rates in general. The claimed reason is because a new car has a higher recovery value on a default vs a used car and normally that's why they're a lot cheaper.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Sacrist65 posted:

There are Nazi soldiers buried at Normandy.

This should make everyone here happy:

https://time.com/2826794/at-d-day-commemoration-few-mourn-the-wars-losers/

I visited a German cemetery in Luxembourg when I was stationed at Ramstein. (We were participating in a ceremony at the American cemetery in Luxembourg) It was very somber, dark stones and lots of trees, like the darkest part of the Black Forest. I found it rather moving and very peaceful. Much different, of course, than the Classical-themed American battlefield monuments and cemeteries. Also peaceful but in their own way.

Pretty sure it was this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandweiler_German_war_cemetery

This page has a full list of German cemeteries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_War_Graves_Commission

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

we have a lil white board that someone writes inspirational quotes in it.

today i wrote:
"'I acknowledge no master in human form.' - John Brown (1859)
Happy Juneteenth"

its me, im the idiot

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Yeah, Sandweiler is the one. It was a weird feeling driving up to it, as it literally feels hidden away; you turn down a road and go down another road into an extremely heavily forested section to get to it. I did like that it was very well-kept, and very respectful but low-key.

Contrast that with the American cemetary (where Patton is buried), which is kind of overwhelming with the fields of white crosses on perfectly manicured bright green lawns, centered by an ivory white chapel with a very nice stained glass piece showing all the service logos. They were both solemn, but in very different ways

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

My friend used to refer to the confederate graveyard where we lived as the “city dump” but to be fair to the dump they serve a useful municipal purpose.

What could be more useful than a public urinal?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Taerkar posted:

Used cars draw much higher interest rates in general. The claimed reason is because a new car has a higher recovery value on a default vs a used car and normally that's why they're a lot cheaper.

The manufacturers subsidize the rates for new cars so they can more easily move volumes.

Of course you get a “discount” for paying cash, but it’s like $3k on a $35k car, so you’re better off taking 0% for 84 months or whatever.

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

The manufacturers subsidize the rates for new cars so they can more easily move volumes.

Of course you get a “discount” for paying cash, but it’s like $3k on a $35k car, so you’re better off taking 0% for 84 months or whatever.

Always run those numbers though, I bought a 25k car and could get either 3k flat off the price from the mfger and a 3% loan with a bank or 0% interest from the mfger. Total finance cost of the 3% loan was only 1.9k.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Shooting Blanks posted:

I’m 90% sure the Tiguan was a different car loan picture that went viral, that one the picture showed it was a Tiguan hatchback

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Taerkar posted:

Also plenty of predatory buy-here-pay-here dealers know you're not going to be able to keep up with the payments, and they're basically counting on that. Their business model involves selling the same car, repoing it, and selling it again.

The picture of the invoice or whatever isn't loading for me, so when I first saw Hellcat I was hoping it was one of these.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/mrjeffu/status/1405703041815236609

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the base's security

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GotLag posted:

They won’t be able to bear such shame :dadjoke:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

GotLag posted:

When they heard the sirens, they all ran to their bear-raid shelter

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
It's guerilla marketing for the upcoming Cocaine Bear movie.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

GotLag posted:

poo poo, no worse than the time we mistook a bear for a Soviet sabotage team

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

GotLag posted:

I mean, their options are: ignore bear and hope it gets bored/wanders off and kill bear. The former they just need to hide out and wait. The latter means they have a bear corpse to dispose of and that’s work.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean, their options are: ignore bear and hope it gets bored/wanders off and kill bear. The former they just need to hide out and wait. The latter means they have a bear corpse to dispose of and that’s work.

I dont think I've ever met anyone doing security of any kind that wouldn't take a chance to blast a bear.

Glad they didn't though.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Icon Of Sin posted:

They won’t be able to bear such shame :dadjoke:

Ah, the poor thing's just usine around.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Phanatic posted:

Ah, the poor thing's just usine around.

You say that but it was grizzly scene

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

You say that but it was grizzly scene

This seems to be a very polarizing topic of discussion. Lots of posters are making spectacles of themselves.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lemniscate Blue posted:

This seems to be a very polarizing topic of discussion. Lots of posters are making spectacles of themselves.

Oh pooh on that.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Poor guy just lost his bearing on the way to the woods :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Enough bear puns, you're bruining it