Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zr = fire
R = missile
Both = Super missile

Zl = jump
L = counter

L thumbstick press = morph ball
R thumbstick press = aion

Down and jump = slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Carrion is on sale right now. I've been hemming and hawing over buying it...is it fun?

Carrion is fun for a little while. The biggest sin is that there's NO MAP :argh:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i remember the control scheme in samus returns was fine it was just painful to grip the 3ds like that for any period of time. shouldn’t be a problem with the pro controller.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Waffle! posted:

Carrion is fun for a little while. The biggest sin is that there's NO WAP :argh:

Edmund Kemper, presumably.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is Mario Party Superstars a DLC to Mario Party or its own thing? If it's its own thing, that seems dumb

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its $60 dlc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Like everything Mario Party it is its own unique thing

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Real hurthling! posted:

a right stick doesn't solve the annoyances of free aiming since you cant use the shoot or jump buttons if you are using the right stick
2d metroid never needed free aiming. 45 degree on a shoulder toggle was always fine.

You've gotta use The Claw

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

b_d posted:

i remember the control scheme in samus returns was fine it was just painful to grip the 3ds like that for any period of time. shouldn’t be a problem with the pro controller.

This is true of any 3DS game.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
One thing I can give credit to for Microsoft over Nintendo is that they've done a fairly good job of supporting old games and keeping things backwards compatible where they can.

It is extremely frustrating digital files from the Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS should be defunct and useless the next generation over.

I feel live I've heard that the very architecture and software running the switch makes it tricky, but even so the could at least give us access to the Nintendo brand old content available on the other systems, especially the pre-Wii stuff that the Switch shouldn't have issues emulating.

The fact that I'm patiently waiting to play N64 Zelda games on the Switch is wild, since I could play them reasonably emulated on the Wii like 13 years ago.

I hope they do less of a poo poo job going forward because if my entire digital library becomes bricked again switching to the Super Switch or Switch U or whatever I might just ignore Nintendo again for a while.

Legit if they could bake a bunch of major Nintendo titles from the Wii and back into the Nintendo Online service by the time of the next console that alone would be worth the purchase for me.

Zurtilik fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 18, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1404865330544103431

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Ahhh just what I needed in the Nintendo Switch thread. Thanks for posting this.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow these Mario facts are getting intense

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I just remembered Metroid Dread is real, and I will get to play it. That's so sick.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

All I can think about now is our metroid dead

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mario... wasn't dead? But now he's dead dead? Did Trunks not get him the heart medicine in time?!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh

My

God

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1405963403949133827?s=20

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Castlevania Advance games were dope.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It's not much to go on, but that's interesting news. I'd buy it just for Aria, assuming it's literally only the GBA games in a three-pack. I was hoping for a Metroidvania collection to go with the Classicvania collection, but lol leave it to Konami to disappoint.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Why would they do that when they could do rondo/symphony, the GBA games, the DS games

That's four collections they could sell!

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

So why not throw the DS ones in too?

Edit: Of course as I post I remember the, you know, dual screen part. But still that can be worked around I'd think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Probably more effort to get working on a single screen

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lol if you Google Castlevania the first results are all for the TV show.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Edit: Of course as I post I remember the, you know, dual screen part. But still that can be worked around I'd think
Konami is basically a shell corporation at this point and figuring out how to port the double touch screen games is way harder than just buying an emulator from the Limited Run Games guys and throwing a few GBA roms in it, unfortunately.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Warioware/Castlevania/Metroid/Advance Wars

Year Of GBA baby, now just give us a Fusion/Zero Mission port

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Konami hates effort

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stev posted:

The show is real good

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Now do Metroid advance games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

Not too surprising, Castlevania hasn't been relevant as a video game series in years.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I said come in! posted:

Not too surprising, Castlevania hasn't been relevant as a video game series in years.
Konami hasn't been relevant as a video game developer in years.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

I bought Dawn of Sorrow and saw it was anime and never bought a Castlevania game again.

Hopefully some day they'll reboot it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They rebooted it as an overly serious God of War clone and killed the franchise. Anime is where it thrived

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

I thought Lords of Shadow 2 was good? The first one was trash

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I bought Dawn of Sorrow and saw it was anime and never bought a Castlevania game again.

Hopefully some day they'll reboot it.

For someone who hates anime so much, I wonder why you play Nintendo games.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It was always anime, it just took a bit for the graphics to catch up

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlestheHammer posted:

It was always anime, it just took a bit for the graphics to catch up

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Walla posted:

For someone who hates anime so much, I wonder why you play Nintendo games.

Come on you also think anime is bad.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah its cool. by the end i wasn't as into it as i was during the first half. theres some annoying puzzles and poo poo like hiding the ending (not the true ending, the actual only ending) behind a hidden wall and theres not like a map or any clues to help you find it that made me glad it was over but its a pretty good game overall and worth a buy

Waffle! posted:

Carrion is fun for a little while. The biggest sin is that there's NO MAP :argh:

Alright I'm giving it a try!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vic posted:

Come on you also think anime is bad.

He’s excited for Ace attorney so he really can’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
It's only anime in the character portraits you see for like 2% of the playtime during a boss cutscene. The other 98% was just like SotN.