Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How are u posted:

Sometimes we do real good, sometimes we do real bad. It's kind of a mixed bag.

Sometimes it feels like the whole world is a mixed bag, and that things are not really black or white, right or wrong. Makes u think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Whatever TYT faithful are still left, The Story According to TYT is that the literal hand-written apology letter delivered the very next day was "incontrovertibly nothing more than a bad-faith effort to appear apologetic."

They're also obsessed with playing some bizarre "gotcha!" game of six degrees of tucker carlson and if you believe Jimmy you're falling down a dangerous right-wing thinkhole because just like what they did with Tara Reade, he's been shunted away from everything but the most blatantly outrageous that don't bring leftists on for any reason other than to be a stooge to scream about how "our last guest wants to turn america into big cuba"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lib and let die posted:

Whatever TYT faithful are still left, The Story According to TYT is that the literal hand-written apology letter delivered the very next day was "incontrovertibly nothing more than a bad-faith effort to appear apologetic."

"he apologized but he didn't really mean it"

lmao

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

gradenko_2000 posted:

"he apologized but he didn't really mean it"

lmao

it's some real ghoulish poo poo.

quote:

much of what reade said was countermanded in investigation, and she misrepresented her credentials on multiple occasions. biden actually *corrected her* on where his congressional records were stored, so they could pull her complaint letter which...didnt exist
im not saying he did or didnt do something creepy...but they didnt *prove* it
and thats how the law works

quote:

the letter was clearly not in good faith...the video of him talking about it and being PLEASED with himself is all the evidence required to refute its authenticity

this same dude gave me the "i'm really disappointed in you, as the person that turned me on to leftism, to see you falling down a right-wing grift hole" later that night

just lol

having a kid can really gently caress up someone's brain. that's the best i can figure what happened to him.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Delta-Wye posted:

grayzone reporters give the best reacts to naughty behavior

the clip where cenk had ana lead a guy on at the mall in order to get him to buy her some $80 shoes had me seriously creeped out, lol

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Max Blumenthal in Samurai Cop

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Lib and let die posted:

six degrees of tucker carlson

did they forget that TYT launched Dave Rubin's career?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

did they forget that TYT launched Dave Rubin's career?

...I don't know, but I apparently did

lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If you want to get a sense for just how badly liberals advocate for Palestine, look up the TYT videos from the 2014 Gaza war where Dave Rubin is repeating all the most trite pro-Israel cliches while everyone else is yelling at him.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

fart simpson posted:

the clip where cenk had ana lead a guy on at the mall in order to get him to buy her some $80 shoes had me seriously creeped out, lol

Same with his support for bestiality in the other one

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
lmfao
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1405554465437065216?s=20
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1405308098445774857?s=20

Who knew the tyt implosion was gonna be this entertaining

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1405341383586684929?s=20

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

What's the billionaire's name that gave money to prop up TYT? They're the same one that propped up Warren's campaign after they said they wouldn't take billionaire donor money right?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

What's the billionaire's name that gave money to prop up TYT? They're the same one that propped up Warren's campaign after they said they wouldn't take billionaire donor money right?

Jeffrey Katzenberg and no, Warren's billionaire was some California doctor named Karla Jurvetson

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Jeffrey Katzenberg and no, Warren's billionaire was some California doctor named Karla Jurvetson

:tipshat: much obliged

I think the names starting with "Ka" confused me after skimming over them both once

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s much worse than just Katzenberg: https://medium.com/@RobletoFire/the-ideological-failure-of-the-young-turks-90c15ddde408

He took millions from various establishment ghouls.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
lmao at everything

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Jessica Ashooh: The Taming of Reddit and the National Security State Plant Tabbed to Do It
https://www.mintpressnews.com/jessi...rvi2b4.facebook

She was previously working for the Middle East arm of the Atlantic Council and had some cushy jobs with a UAE general and other elites, all prior to her current position at reddit as "Director of Policy"

quote:

Ashooh has also constantly praised and supported Syria’s opposition forces... She condemned Russia for claiming these opposition forces were members of terrorist groups like Al-Nusra, Jaysh al-Islam or ISIS, insisting that these were “moderate” rebels.

Of course, the idea that there was still any measurable distance between “moderate” rebels and outright militant jihadists by 2016 was hard to maintain. Even The Washington Post by this time was admitting as much, noting that so-called moderates were now so “intermingled” with al-Nusra that it was difficult to tell them apart.
Ashooh’s arrival in 2017 coincided with a new era in the site’s history... Her team quickly brought in a new content policy and began to delete communities that violated it. Last year, she oversaw the banning of over 2,000 communities in a single day, including /r/The_Donald, the main Donald Trump subreddit, and /r/ChapoTrapHouse, the most active left-wing community. These decisions have helped the money flow in; since 2017 revenue has more than tripled.
reddit curation brought to you by the Atlantic Council! besides the banning of communities, the other policies/actions seem very opaque, but there's lots of examples of other Atlantic Council goons being embedded into Twitter/Facebook, and the actions they took there

Zmej has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Jun 18, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
lol brown moses is posting in the qcs thread about larry parish. what a fuckin loser

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I went to look and there's 2000+ unread posts since yesterday lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

XMNN posted:

check out page 30

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stevie Lee posted:

lol brown moses is posting in the qcs thread about larry parish. what a fuckin loser

he should do a thing I apparently can't say

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

Goon project: have Larry go on Jimmy Dore

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

All the D&D mods rushed into the QCS thread to shout that Robert Evans was a goon lmao.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

check out page 30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1O5m-R-sdQ&t=43s

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How are u posted:

Sometimes we do real good, sometimes we do real bad. It's kind of a mixed bag.

Sometimes it feels like the whole world is a mixed bag, and that things are not really black or white, right or wrong. Makes u think.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

XMNN posted:

how hahaha just unperma the guy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ringo Roadagain posted:

mods can't show weakness!!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Well you see *rings hands* he made an... actionable threat without mirth or humor by hoping a fishbone gets lodged in that poor sometimes goons throat. Jeffrey's hands are tied.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

sexpig by night posted:

mods can't show weakness!!!

Mods together, strong!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lib and let die posted:

Mods together, strong!

When people get defensive and double down, they probably won't give you what you want. This isn't a forums mod thing, it's a human thing that has been true since the first group of chucklefucks got together and tried to have a society.

If I were you I'd tell Larry to re-reg under a new name and be less of a pain in the rear end to moderate. And honestly some of you all could stand to be less aggro and outright insulting. If this thread had gone differently and there were a higher ratio of reasoned effort posts to outright poo poo posts, cooler heads might have prevailed and your friend might even be unbanned!!! Many of you did that, but just as many folks used this as an opportunity to litigate other forums bullshit, or get their sick burns in while the drama thread is hoppin.

Feel free to scream at me or insult me or quote this post and go "lol," I can take it. My day job is to routinely de-escalate folks who are bigger, meaner, and more violent than any of you pansies. I could loving eat you for breakfast, except you're all so full of poo poo I'd probably get sepsis. okay actually I'm seeing why slinging insults around is fun.

Nonetheless, all you're doing is doubling down on the same poo poo that makes this subforum so unproductive. There was a smart, savvy way to go about this, and you didn't choose it, you chose to shitpost and fling insults around. Also, I am on your side. Frankly, I'll still be on your side even if you shitpost at me or whatever. My posts in the mod forums are mostly critiques of how we do things around here, and I will continue to do so until poo poo gets better, or until I'm demodded for mod sass lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

sexpig by night posted:

When people get defensive and double down, they probably won't give you what you want. This isn't a forums mod thing, it's a human thing that has been true since the first group of chucklefucks got together and tried to have a society.

If I were you I'd tell Larry to re-reg under a new name and be less of a pain in the rear end to moderate. And honestly some of you all could stand to be less aggro and outright insulting. If this thread had gone differently and there were a higher ratio of reasoned effort posts to outright poo poo posts, cooler heads might have prevailed and your friend might even be unbanned!!! Many of you did that, but just as many folks used this as an opportunity to litigate other forums bullshit, or get their sick burns in while the drama thread is hoppin.

Feel free to scream at me or insult me or quote this post and go "lol," I can take it. My day job is to routinely de-escalate folks who are bigger, meaner, and more violent than any of you pansies. I could loving eat you for breakfast, except you're all so full of poo poo I'd probably get sepsis. okay actually I'm seeing why slinging insults around is fun.

Nonetheless, all you're doing is doubling down on the same poo poo that makes this subforum so unproductive. There was a smart, savvy way to go about this, and you didn't choose it, you chose to shitpost and fling insults around. Also, I am on your side. Frankly, I'll still be on your side even if you shitpost at me or whatever. My posts in the mod forums are mostly critiques of how we do things around here, and I will continue to do so until poo poo gets better, or until I'm demodded for mod sass lmao

shut up

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lol i didnt actually read the post. i apologize.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

sexpig by night posted:

This is a good effort but it was a real mod post it would be 2x as long.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sexpig by night posted:

free larry permaban brown moses

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

I'm gonna be honest, I've been here for a long time but I really don't know what a "Larry Parish" is but I've noticed people end up talking about him a lot.

however, fact that Higgins makes lucrative living sucking off Atlantic Council members and intelligence agencies to help midwife genocidal regime-change operations, is using his spare time between global vampires to keep up with 60+ pages of QCS goon drama, is incredibly pathetic. let the poor man into the adrenochrome sampling party. also this is making me spiral into emotional dark places

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Zmej posted:

however, fact that Higgins makes lucrative living sucking off Atlantic Council members and intelligence agencies to help midwife genocidal regime-change operations, is using his spare time between global vampires to keep up with 60+ pages of QCS goon drama, is incredibly pathetic. let the poor man into the adrenochrome sampling party. also this is making me spiral into emotional dark places

hes too flabby they dont invite him cuz he was weird vibes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

Shouldn't be permabanned for getting a Mod killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How much does this website get from the NED?