Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I think we're a bit past the point where we can pretend charities can transmute for-profit corporations into forces of good. Especially w/r/t luxury goods. You should give Bungie money if you want them to have money, and ideally they're gonna spend those dollars on new crucible maps / a Wish-Ender catalyst. Unfortunately we're probably just gonna get more chrome exotic ornaments and maybe a blender based on Falling Guillotine someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

RocketRaygun posted:

Before you poo poo on the toaster too hard, remember that all of the money made from it is going to charity. This isn't bungie rubbing their hands together for greed and profit (for once).

10% of profits, not all.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

Before you poo poo on the toaster too hard, remember that all of the money made from it is going to charity. This isn't bungie rubbing their hands together for greed and profit (for once).
TWAB says this:

quote:

We’re also excited to announce that 10 percent of profits from sales of the Destiny Toaster will go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Edit: drat, beaten, so here's a link to the toaster model on alibaba: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2-slice-household-red-yellow-purple_1600228232133.html

It looks like similar gimmick toasters of the same model sell for about $30, and it also looks like it may be the cheapest toaster you could legally sell without breaking safety laws. I guess the higher mark-up means more money for charity per unit sold.

Edit 2:
God damnit, beaten with the edit too.

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 18, 2021

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Courtesy of Reddit, 81 cents a unit.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

10% of profits, not all.

welp

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RocketRaygun posted:

no, just 10% of the profits.

e:f,b

e2: holy crap wow my god was i fing beaten

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It is so dumb that Bungie doesn’t just cut the 1 off every time the minimum power level creeps past 1000

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
You're better off just giving money to charities, but then you're still just paying middle manager salaries for the most part.

Enjoy the toast!

Oh yeah the cost of the in game Emblem is also put into the toaster. Those are "worth" anywhere from 0$ to $777 so yeah

Bideo James fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 18, 2021

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Aw man this sucks, I wanted to get more double perk weapons from the Expunge chest, but I'd have to do the whole seasonal quest line on my other characters first

That's a whole lotta overrides

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Aw man this sucks, I wanted to get more double perk weapons from the Expunge chest, but I'd have to do the whole seasonal quest line on my other characters first

That's a whole lotta overrides

Hope you like sub-50 FPS! Baffling how poorly optimized two out of the three Override arenas are; I know the Moon has always been rough but has Tangled Shore always been so bad about FPS drops too? I basically only go there when Hollowed Lair forces me to so I barely see it, but the Override is lucky when it stays at 60 more than a few seconds at a time, for a near empty part of the world space.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Hope you like sub-50 FPS! Baffling how poorly optimized two out of the three Override arenas are; I know the Moon has always been rough but has Tangled Shore always been so bad about FPS drops too? I basically only go there when Hollowed Lair forces me to so I barely see it, but the Override is lucky when it stays at 60 more than a few seconds at a time, for a near empty part of the world space.

amd?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've noticed really bad choking on PS4 on the tangled shore and it's capped at 30fps. Something is really loving up the performance there.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I’m on an xbonex and anything involving lots of screebs anywhere (presage, that DC lost sector right by the zone in, scorn override) makes the whole thing grind down. The legions phase in VoG confluxes has the same problem.

Guess I should buy a series x, haha oh wait

(oddly, I started playing D2 on pc but switched to console because of bad framerates/pixelation in the TOWER)

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

All these zoomers naming themselves after Destiny guns in the youtube comment section for clout and/or 'the luls' really grind my gears I tell you what.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm on a 2060 and it's real bad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The "defend the confluxes" encounter in VoG is where the slowdown really kicks in for PS4.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

RX 580, yup. Heard it's been an issue for a while but never got anything bad anywhere but occasional drops on Altars of Sorrow, anywhere in the game, until Override started.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I wish there was just like a real vendor that just let you buy all the mods you want at one time. Having a rotating 2 vendor thing doesn't work like at all. I need Rage of the Warmind and that loving thing hasn't been sold since like October of last year. I imagine it'll get sold after they nerf warminds to make them worthless. Having just a rotating lottery for making some builds work is the dumbest thing.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Did they get rid of or change the activity where mods used to drop from? I've never bought a single mod from banshee or ada and the only ones I'm missing are raid specific ones.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I have a 980ti and i get consistent 100ish fps pretty much everywhere but override

it's so clearly a 3 man activity with 6 man matchmaking, I can't imagine that has nothing to do with it

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Most of the mods were seasonal and they were only able to be acquired during their respective seasons. When Bungie moved away from the seasonal armor model to the sunset model then they crammed them all into one slot called 'combat style' because eventually sun setting would remove armor that you could wear that was capable of slotting those mods.

But for the people who never played those seasons they would have no ability to get those combat style mods so they put them into banshee's mod pool.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

bup bup bup bup bup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlz_6ExKnxs

anyways, if you bought this to look at the bungie stuff. woops.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

Most of the mods were seasonal and they were only able to be acquired during their respective seasons. When Bungie moved away from the seasonal armor model to the sunset model then they crammed them all into one slot called 'combat style' because eventually sun setting would remove armor that you could wear that was capable of slotting those mods.

But for the people who never played those seasons they would have no ability to get those combat style mods so they put them into banshee's mod pool.

it's real dumb that they don't just grandfather the mods into everyone's collections but they have to drive up player engagement numbers instead by making people log on to check a rotating vendor.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Getting doxxed because I bought the Jotunn Toaster and having my fetish art of Saint-14 buying Wonderbread exposed.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Rubellavator posted:

it's real dumb that they don't just grandfather the mods into everyone's collections but they have to drive up player engagement numbers instead by making people log on to check a rotating vendor.

I have 3,000 Mod Components.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Bideo James posted:

I have 3,000 Mod Components.
5000+ and counting :(

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

You can't even delete a stack of them lmao.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Bideo James posted:

bup bup bup bup bup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlz_6ExKnxs

anyways, if you bought this to look at the bungie stuff. woops.

What was this?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Some event got hacked / leaked people's info.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Game Good again?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

games been good. They did what they've never been able to do in the past... they have somehow managed to have two good seasons in a row.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

games been good. They did what they've never been able to do in the past... they have somehow managed to have two good seasons in a row.

??? This season is pretty mediocre. A single exotic, no seasonal gear (just ornaments), no new PvP maps, cross-play isn't enabled yet, and the new PvE content is meh. It's a solid 6/10

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

??? This season is pretty mediocre. A single exotic, no seasonal gear (just ornaments), no new PvP maps, cross-play isn't enabled yet, and the new PvE content is meh. It's a solid 6/10

There is absolutely a bunch of seasonal gear? If you mean there's no armour in the pass, sure, but don't act like it doesn't exist.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Focused Umbrals that matter redeem this season on their own.

Also loling at "a single exotic" when Mythoclast is right there

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The PvE content is a bit of a step down from Battlegrounds because there aren't enough enemies but it's better-than-average as far as seasonal content goes. There is seasonal gear, it just wasn't in the battle pass this time but it's also pretty common. Cross-play or a lack thereof doesn't affect my judgment of a season, really.

The most important thing is that the guns are good. Pretty much all the guns feel great to use, and Vault of Glass' return was received well. The umbral engram system this season is better than last season. On the whole the season's been pretty good and worth the silver to get it; on the whole the game is pretty good if you were starting now since previous seasonal content is still there. There's a lot more to come back to this year than the equivalent point last year, and I'll credit that good decision by Bungie.

No argument about the lack of PvP maps though, their complete abandonment of the competitive play modes remains a constant black mark on the game.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

Focused Umbrals that matter redeem this season on their own.

Also loling at "a single exotic" when Mythoclast is right there

Ok, I was counting mythoclast as the exotic. The exotic sidearm is garbage nobody will use outside of bounties. :colbert:

Last season was the bow, DMT, and Heir Apparent. That's hard to beat.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

They really need to add the mot ornaments to the game. Should definitely add them to your account if you earned them in D1.

I'm not holding my breath for it though.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Ok, I was counting mythoclast as the exotic. The exotic sidearm is garbage nobody will use outside of bounties. :colbert:

I'm hopeful we get a third that's worth something but you'd think data mining would have yielded it by now.
Also, thanks for the reminders to do the Battlegrounds quests on my alts for XP, gotta get one more level of artifact power for when GMs open up. (or I could just get my last 1320 pinnacle already, game...)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Heir Apparent is from 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The funnest part of override is that it's so easy that you can complete it by loading in and then going to the kitchen to make a sandwich