Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

You can’t just type in your account info on a PS4/5 and login to your existing account?

Nope. PC/mobile and Playstation accounts are wholly separate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

sushibandit posted:

It's a 3 minute timer before respawn (you can see this in your handbook by looking at the boss you just killed), but to trigger the respawn you have to be a certain distance away also, yeah.

I don't think this is right, I think it starts the timer from the moment you get close enough for them to spawn in, and it's 5 minutes.

If you go into the book and look them up you will see the countdown, and if you pull it up immediately after the boss is dead, you will see it's already probably about halfway through the countdown.

So if you are super slow at killing the boss it will feel like it respawns more quickly.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I always just assumed they were on a 24 hour respawn, I've never tried to kill one twice in one day... I just do one, then think who else I need levelling mats for and move on and do theirs, repeat until I run out of energy or decide I'd rather do something else.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I've been rushing Razor to 90 because he's the goodest boy and I've been doing electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily - electrocube - daily, it's always there when I get back. His artifacts aren't all that good and he's got a 4* physical damage goblet but I'm now seeing big crits like the cool guys*

*that don't have Ganyu or Eula or whatever

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
PC/Mobile and Playstation accounts are separate, but you can cross play between the systems in co-op.

I believe the split has something to do with how the payment systems work so who knows how Nintendo will handle the microtransactions.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Boris Galerkin posted:

You can’t just type in your account info on a PS4/5 and login to your existing account?

Yeah it's tied to your PSN account so if you buy the bpass or anything, it uses your saved info for that (just needs a quick confirmation)

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Philthy posted:

Not seeing any tabs at the bottom. I've got some stuff along the top tho. I have done the Diluc "Dark Knight Hero" line already done. When I go to the tavern at night, they're not talking about the greatest hero or whatever.

I do notice if I go to the "Echoing Tales" screen, it lets me click 'check rewards' and 'conch retrospection' but within the restrospection I can't do anything. Do I have to go somewhere?

Edit: I think I need to do the Luprcal quests as well. Whats with all these goofy rear end pre-reqs for limited content. Just open it for everyone, good grief this is annoying as gently caress.

I think it's probably because Razor is a featured character in the event. But it shouldn't matter because albedo is too and I haven't done any of his quests. I don't think I've even met him in game yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lobsterpillar posted:

I think it's probably because Razor is a featured character in the event. But it shouldn't matter because albedo is too and I haven't done any of his quests. I don't think I've even met him in game yet.

Razor and Diluc's character quests are prereqs for Klee's, so it's just that the event is only waiving the normal AR32 and story key requirements of her quest and not that other stuff. at least with Razor his quest foreshadows Klee, but i'm not sure why Diluc is forced too.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Hyper Inferno posted:

PC/Mobile and Playstation accounts are separate, but you can cross play between the systems in co-op.

I believe the split has something to do with how the payment systems work so who knows how Nintendo will handle the microtransactions.

You should be good on Nintendo, the main reason playstation accounts are separate is Sony has historically been humongous pricks about cross system save compatibility unless someone shows up at their HQ with a couple dump trucks full of money.

If you want to know who's fault it is, it's always Sony. In fact this is like season 3 episode 9 of It's Always Sony, "The Gang Gets Exclusive".

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
We were talking about damaging shields a few days ago and now TenTen has a video up for it. It looks like the problem with electro vs hydro shields is that having a lot of electro application doesn't matter because it doesn't speed up the ticks making it pretty weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GgT6oxp2s

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tanreall posted:

We were talking about damaging shields a few days ago and now TenTen has a video up for it. It looks like the problem with electro vs hydro shields is that having a lot of electro application doesn't matter because it doesn't speed up the ticks making it pretty weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07GgT6oxp2s
I'd suspected, but the spreadsheet wasn't clear enough to me to totally confirm it. Ty for linking. What a trash element.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So we've seen the Anemo Gnosis, which was shaped like a Queen chess piece and the Geo Gnosis, which was shaped like a rook. Any guesses as to what the other elements will look like? There's 7 elements, but only 6 types of chess piece. I guess one of them could look like a chess board? Maybe Electro, since it's said to represent Eternity somehow, which is the platform upon which everything else occurs.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
They might be following the Chinese version, which does have 7 pieces. It has the standard 6 pieces, except bishops are elephants and there's also cannons.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Yeah xiangqi would make sense. Also it's a rockin game, so is shogi, Japanese chess. East Asian abstract games are awesome.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

That's so cool, I didn't know about any of this!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SlimGoodbody posted:

That's so cool, I didn't know about any of this!

The coolest part of xiangqi is the cannons, which fire over a piece; the opening has a lot of "well, I moved this piece out of the way so now I'm pointing directly at your king" kind of cannon positioning. It's fascinating.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

dogsicle posted:

Razor and Diluc's character quests are prereqs for Klee's, so it's just that the event is only waiving the normal AR32 and story key requirements of her quest and not that other stuff. at least with Razor his quest foreshadows Klee, but i'm not sure why Diluc is forced too.

Yeah, I had to do both Razor and Diluc quests. I won Razor from a pull so I didn't bother and focused on the the story.. welp!

Anyhows, I'm boating around loving this island content. I find it hard to believe they would simply remove this after X amount of days, there is a lot of amazing stuff here.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Philthy posted:

Yeah, I had to do both Razor and Diluc quests. I won Razor from a pull so I didn't bother and focused on the the story.. welp!

Anyhows, I'm boating around loving this island content. I find it hard to believe they would simply remove this after X amount of days, there is a lot of amazing stuff here.

Yeah, I really enjoy the Golden Apple Archipelago, and I would love for it to randomly come up as a place to do quests, commissions, etc. Give us a cool set piece battle where you chase an Eye of the Storm or something up the gangway of a pillar mountain while Anemo samachurls and Anemo slimes are positioned all along the path at tactical points. Kill it at the top and it spawns an Anemo cube. That would rule.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Seems like there is a team outside of reddit that is better at data scrapping, website development, and fast production cycles. Here is usage data for the abyss but with a much bigger sample size: https://spiral-abyss.appsample.com/

Flair fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 19, 2021

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Haha, more people in that sample are running Thundering Fury for Bennett than Witch. The meta has passed me by.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tanreall posted:

Haha, more people in that sample are running Thundering Fury for Bennett than Witch. The meta has passed me by.

Where are you seeing gear stats?

tread-softly
May 31, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

They might be following the Chinese version, which does have 7 pieces. It has the standard 6 pieces, except bishops are elephants and there's also cannons.
I went digging to try and understand why someone would play xiangqi with Western chess pieces and stumbled upon Cambaluc Chinese Chess. It is deeply cursed and I hate it.

tread-softly fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 19, 2021

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Mailer posted:

It's on the front page.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

in the link, just scroll down. They're on the left in each character bar.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Once you click on a specific floor, if you don't own or don't want to use a character, you can click on them in the top section to hide the teams they appear in.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Check out Amber’s weapons.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

jesus the whole teapot companion has completely changed how I interact with the teapot. I started off with a 'just slap poo poo down to get resources' thing and was planning on largely ignoring it after that but now I've got a Mondstadt theme in the mountain layout where I built a village for Razor, Bennet, and Diona. Klee and Barbara are having a (standing) tea party out front of the manor and mona and fischl are making dinner inside while Lisa is in the library.

Currently building my Liyue area in the floating abode layout.

e: also I really love all the little things, from the short conversations when you put down a favored set to the fact that they have goodbye option that changes based on time of day with unique responses.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jun 19, 2021

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
The load limit is a real downer though. I made a really nice kitchen for Xiangling, with lots of shelves with ingredients and multiple stoves, and there's not enough left to actually put her in there. Same with the study/library I made that I was thinking about putting Fischl and/or Lisa in; there's just not enough load rating to have both a richly furnished room and a character in there. In the kitchen I made there was only enough load rating for two stoves, a chair and 4 shelves if I wanted a character in there, and it just looked so empty with lots of unused space if I cut it down to that.

Please Mihoyo, don't make me have to choose between the furniture and the people who are to use the furniture. I won't allow any mobile players to enter my teapot, so you won't get sued for any phones exploding, I promise!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Flair posted:

Seems like there is a team outside of reddit that is better at data scrapping, website development, and fast production cycles. Here is usage data for the abyss but with a much bigger sample size: https://spiral-abyss.appsample.com/

Why is ANYONE using Albedo this abyss, he is so so bad against both sides of 12-3...

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

No Wave posted:

Why is ANYONE using Albedo this abyss, he is so so bad against both sides of 12-3...

For the plunge attacks, duh

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

gandlethorpe posted:

As a side note, there's some pretty huge potential references to Honkai Impact given the whole chess piece motif.

The Archons having chess pieces links in some way to HI3's manga, at least visually.

Honkai's definitely got at least an oblique presence even in the current materials. The electro cicin's have the standard corruption in the form of their skin/veins metastasizing into weird glowing lines on top of the bioimplants that give them their powers, are nuts, etc, etc. Both they and the soldiers from not-Russia (A place where poo poo tends to go down in the HI3 games as a result of the government experimenting on trying to make Honkai super soldiers.) also seem to have the craziness and erratic behavior that comes with a late stage infection, given their ramblings on death.

Dainsleif has an explicit heavy Honkai infection on his arm (That gets pointed out by the Abyss Herald no less!) that's literally look for look the same as the Herrsher of the Void/Unknown Goddess in HI3 sans the color of the veiny bits. And the Abyss appears to either be related to the Honkai or might somehow be related to a fantasy version of the Dirac Sea abyss that lets folks travel the multiverse.

As well as all that, it's implied that the siblings were fished out of the Abyss given where the playable one was woken up, given what dialogue is chosen in a certain quest. Meaning between their Fire Moth-esque wings in the intro and that there's a decent chance that they're from one of the versions of HI3's timeline (Not necessarily the same one.) where Project Ark got vanished as soon as it left the solar system.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 19, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

Assuming investment plus Geo res? His teams look to be Hu/Xiao oh-god-shield-me teams and (eyeballing it) it looks like his 12-3 presence is due to people sticking with him for the entire run.

I wish I could isolate it down to non-whale teams. Once you hide the 5* weapon crew stuff looks a lot different but I'd love to see stats I could actually hit.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Man, the Dodo-King quest was awesome. Really enjoyed that bit of story.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

After finding all the murals, are there more story quests?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Archonex posted:

As a side note, there's some pretty huge potential references to Honkai Impact given the whole chess piece motif.

The Archons having chess pieces links in some way to HI3's manga, at least visually.

Honkai's definitely got at least an oblique presence even in the current materials. The electro cicin's have the standard corruption in the form of their skin/veins metastasizing into weird glowing lines on top of the bioimplants that give them their powers, are nuts, etc, etc. Both they and the soldiers from not-Russia (A place where poo poo tends to go down in the HI3 games as a result of the government experimenting on trying to make Honkai super soldiers.) also seem to have the craziness and erratic behavior that comes with a late stage infection, given their ramblings on death.

Dainsleif has an explicit heavy Honkai infection on his arm (That gets pointed out by the Abyss Herald no less!) that's literally look for look the same as the Herrsher of the Void/Unknown Goddess in HI3 sans the color of the veiny bits. And the Abyss appears to either be related to the Honkai or might somehow be related to a fantasy version of the Dirac Sea abyss that lets folks travel the multiverse.

As well as all that, it's implied that the siblings were fished out of the Abyss given where the playable one was woken up, given what dialogue is chosen in a certain quest. Meaning between their Fire Moth-esque wings in the intro and that there's a decent chance that they're from one of the versions of HI3's timeline (Not necessarily the same one.) where Project Ark got vanished as soon as it left the solar system.

I haven't played Honkai, but I've wondered if there were associations between the two. This is a good post.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Welcome back loreposter

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Some Numbers posted:

Welcome back loreposter

I was wondering where they'd been just the other day, lol

Looking forward to their thoughts on Inazuma

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
That's the crazy thing about the story and lore, you can feel the undercurrents and history that are just barely being tapped. Even if all th honkai similarities are coincidence or red herrings there's still a lot of depth.

Given the huge audience, though, I wonder how Kingdom Hearts they can get before the average player just scratches their head and skips all the cutscenes so they can pull the waifu slot machine some more.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I feel like this is the best place to ask probably. What's the deal with Fireflies in this game? I know they're supposed to spawn at night and I need them to get luminscent cores to make some bombs for the event as well as some key items for gadgets but I swear after two months of playing the game I've managed to see and catch all of two, one of which was just an hour ago and blew my mind. Are they just exceedingly rare or spawn in very particular places or something? Like a lot of things about this game there seems to be a lot of speculative bad info out there for clickbait that hasn't helped me much at all in farming them. Apparently there might be some issue with them despawning on PS4 but again that could just as easily be more bad speculative info that I should disregard. Frankly I don't know after really trying at night and just wandering around seeing no fireflies. Anyone know any consistent method that has worked for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kale posted:

I feel like this is the best place to ask probably. What's the deal with Fireflies in this game? I know they're supposed to spawn at night and I need them to get luminscent cores to make some bombs for the event as well as some key items for gadgets but I swear after two months of playing the game I've managed to see and catch all of two, one of which was just an hour ago and blew my mind. Are they just exceedingly rare or spawn in very particular places or something? Like a lot of things about this game there seems to be a lot of speculative bad info out there for clickbait that hasn't helped me much at all in farming them. Apparently there might be some issue with them despawning on PS4 but again that could just as easily be more bad speculative info that I should disregard. Frankly I don't know after really trying at night and just wandering around seeing no fireflies. Anyone know any consistent method that has worked for them?

They seem to spawn in specific areas. I've gotten plenty just from happening across them while hunting crystalflies at the guyun domain cave.