Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

jalad on the ocean. jalad at tanagra. seymour on the mountain. shaka, when the walls fell. picard and dathon at el-adrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jalad on the ocean. jalad at tanagra. seymour on the mountain. shaka, when the walls fell. picard and dathon at el-adrel

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
DOOM (hurt me plenty)

this game kicks rear end

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Halo 4 legendary coop no skulls. what the gently caress was that story lol. annoying enemies too, let's make the big damage sponges teleport gtfo

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Super Mario World. Haven’t done everything but I’d never gotten past Chocolate Mountain before this week.

Also Mass Effect 2, chaotic good.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

heehee posted:

my wife teared up during the ending. but i most certainly did not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZNi2UOzp6s&t=27s

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
drat, verizon presentation seared everyone's holes with napalm hot announcements. soyny nintendrones and microcucks btfo

e: wrong 2021 thread.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

drat, verizon presentation seared everyone's holes with napalm hot announcements. soyny nintendrones and microcucks btfo

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ArfJason posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

21. Painkiller: Black. The last level was the best one, shoulda done more levels with keys and interconnected level design, but hell all the guns are fun to use and it was some good high speed arena shooting for most of the game. Every boss is complete and utter trash.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Astalon: Tears of the Earth - True Ending, 100% Complete

Pretty good Metroidvania whose gimmick is you have multiple characters you switch between. A little tedious to start off when you can only switch at save points, but once I got the item that lets you swap at will it was very fun.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
17+ Atelier Lydie and Suelle ~ The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings ~ (Good Ending, Shop Ending)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition. Paragon, Liara romance, Destroy ending, with maxed-out war materiel points to get the little 5-second extra scene where Shepard survives. Gameplay wise it’s easily the best of the trilogy, it combines what worked with the first game’s RPG focus and the second’s more streamlined shooter mechanics giving you the best of both worlds. There’s some annoyances like too many fetch quests (optional but gives you points towards the war effort that effects your ending) and the worst journal I’ve ever seen in a game but overall I thought it was really fun to play.

Story-wise was mostly good too, it was cool to see all the decisions you’d made over all 3 games come to a head and close out all the different storylines in really satisfying ways. The ending to the whole game was famously bad but honestly I don’t think it’s too big a deal after the expanded version they patched in after everyone got pissed, even though it’s still presented in the dumbest way possible and it ditched all the dark energy setup from 2 that would have made way more sense than what they actually went with.

Overall I had a good time revisiting the trilogy, when 3 first came out nearly a decade ago I played it twice back-to-back to finish my paragon and renegade characters’ stories and haven’t played them since so I was worried they wouldn’t hold up to my current tastes. I was pleasantly surprised that I still enjoyed them a lot. I think before long I’ll replay Andromeda, I liked it a lot my first playthrough a few years back and didn’t understand all the hate it got but we’ll see if I feel any different coming straight off the trilogy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wasnt part of the war points system supposed to tie in with the multiplayer, did they just make it easier in the new version

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

elf help book posted:

wasnt part of the war points system supposed to tie in with the multiplayer, did they just make it easier in the new version

In the original release not doing the multiplayer made your war assets lose half their value, so to get a "good" ending it was pretty much required to do literally every side mission. Since Legendary Edition doesn't have the multiplayer, they removed that aspect, making it incredibly easy to get with just the Krogan and Quarians/Geth missions.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Roth posted:

In the original release not doing the multiplayer made your war assets lose half their value, so to get a "good" ending it was pretty much required to do literally every side mission. Since Legendary Edition doesn't have the multiplayer, they removed that aspect, making it incredibly easy to get with just the Krogan and Quarians/Geth missions.

Didn’t they increase the requirements for the best endings though? You need over 7000 war points or whatever and it wasn’t nearly that much in the original.

Hey Chief
Feb 21, 2013

11. Streets of Rage 2 (2 player mode) on the fourth attempt. Big improvement on the original.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Didn’t they increase the requirements for the best endings though? You need over 7000 war points or whatever and it wasn’t nearly that much in the original.

Yeah I just looked it up, back in 2012 you needed 5,000 points for all the best endings to unlock while in Legendary Edition it’s 7,800

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Control - I almost gave up on this due the amount of documents, audio logs, and live action videos the game dumps on you in the 1st act, where the gameplay was mostly walk into a room and then play Stop and Go with collectables for hours on end. However once I was able to fly the gameplay clicked for me and I enjoyed going around and exploring the building, to a point. Going through rooms the 1st time was alright but when it came to exploring areas I had some trouble finding my way around, and the map didn't really help too much and I read they actually made the map better than what it used to be so I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that. The 2nd half of the base game I enjoyed and I really dug the story/twin peaks vibe enough to buy the 2 story DLCs for 7 bucks. The 1st one was alright and the 2nd one was a little underwhelming but I got my fill of using my psychic powers to tear apart rooms and chuck poo poo at bad guys at the end.

With the game being free off of the Epic store I can't argue about the price, definitely worth it for $0 but can't imagine paying full price for the experience. Also it was a good game to see some RTX lighting which was pretty pog, and it was nice for my 3070 to get to stretch it's legs as I booted up the game, went into graphics options, set everything to ultra then never look back. a true Gamer's High.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
3. Luigi's Mansion 3, B Rank

Was a pretty fun and creative game overall, though some of the backtracking was kindof annoying. Bosses were cool, especially towards the end, and looked graphically for a Switch game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah I just looked it up, back in 2012 you needed 5,000 points for all the best endings to unlock while in Legendary Edition it’s 7,800

Huh, I didn't know that

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chicory: A Colorful Tale - Platinum Trophy

A truly delightful game from the creator of Wandersong and every bit as excellent. Just like its predecessor I got completely sucked in and devoured it over this weekend.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I devoured descartes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Messenger. Kickass game with a couple cool twists

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i need to get back to that, the really bad gbs humor turned me off although i liked the platforming

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i need to get back to that, the really bad gbs humor turned me off although i liked the platforming

Yeah the "humor" is rear end but the gameplay and overall design is awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

i liked it but the "16 bit" levels felt much worse than the "8 bit" levels. maybe it was an hommage to the terrible ninja gaiden trilogy on snes.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

4. The Outer Worlds

I was playing through this last year some time and sort of petered out, it turns out I was only about a mission and a half from the end so I finished it. It was alright, although even at about 20 hours start to finish it felt like it outstayed its welcome and was getting a bit samey. Probably worth it if you really love Fallout and wish that it was in space.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I did like the 16-bit parts of the Messenger, took on a more Metroidvania vibe. IT wasn't as enjoyable as the 1st half of the game, but the Sega Genesis style music font was up my alley

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Aston posted:

4. The Outer Worlds

I was playing through this last year some time and sort of petered out, it turns out I was only about a mission and a half from the end so I finished it. It was alright, although even at about 20 hours start to finish it felt like it outstayed its welcome and was getting a bit samey. Probably worth it if you really love Fallout and wish that it was in space.

I think I beat that too last year but the game felt so lazily made after the first World that I could of just got bored. What’s the last part.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dragon quest 3

Wormskull posted:

I think I beat that too last year but the game felt so lazily made after the first World that I could of just got bored. What’s the last part.
nothing special. you get to the prison planet and its just a bunch of really long corridors with lots of guards to fight. you fight a large robot as a boss battle, it has lots of hp but garbage ai and is only difficult in that it just takes forever to put away. then its an escape the planet runback and thats it.

i like the game overall though. it probably would have been better if they tried to vary things out and made the planets truly feel different and each have their own exclusive flora and fauna but as a first game it was ok. sequel should be good.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Catching up.. from memory:

1. Demon's Souls (PS3)
2. Control
3. Final Fantasy 6
4. Super Castlevania 4
5. Megaman X
6. Contra 3
7. Dark Souls 3
8. Die Hard Trilogy - Die Hard 1 mode

all great games of course. But most recently:
9. Silent Hill 2, Leave ending. I haven't done a complete playthrough in like 15 years and I was still blown away, amazing experience.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Big Bizness posted:

1. Demon's Souls (PS3)
2. Control
3. Final Fantasy 6
4. Super Castlevania 4
5. Megaman X
6. Contra 3
7. Dark Souls 3
8. Die Hard Trilogy - Die Hard 1 mode

all great games of course. But most recently:
9. Silent Hill 2, Leave ending. I haven't done a complete playthrough in like 15 years and I was still blown away, amazing experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRjQDrDnY8

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Big Bizness posted:

If you don’t have an up to date spreadsheet of games beaten with date completed, overall rating and the main character’s final sexual orientation, don’t loving bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i know it's a few pages back but lmfao every time