Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DrDraxium posted:

My man ;)

Also thanks for your encouraging words about KO a while back JBP, I now have a flourishing force that's nearing completion. Were an absolute treat to build and paint and play with!

Awesome! They're super weird in the context of AOS but annihilating someone's favourite beat stick unit or monster in a hail of gunfire just never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Logged on around 7am and placed a pre order for dominion, no queue. :v: it did say delivery before 7/3 so we’ll see if that happens.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Just pre-ordered through my FLGS with an extra discount... and so, the waiting begins.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Talas posted:

Just pre-ordered through my FLGS with an extra discount... and so, the waiting begins.

:same:

In the end I just couldnt resist the Kruleboyz, plus I like Ironjawz already so an eventual Big Waaagh army is very tantalizing

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I just woke up. 8:30 AM here. Is it already gone?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

US doesn't appear to have access to the queue or Dominion yet. Supposed to go up at 10 PST, so around 1 PM EST.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Cinara posted:

Discount Games Inc has their preorders up, though the date is listed as 12/00/21 so who knows when it will actually ship. But it's $170 and free shipping so hard to beat, and they are reliable and trustworthy.

I emailed Jay last night. They actually have a couple tiers. You can pay full msrp and get it a couple weeks, but if you want to get the standard 15% discount, you’re probably getting it in fall/winter. There was another 5% tier in August as well.

Btw, whoever mentioned them in the last thread, thanks! They’re super great to deal with. I got both cursed city and be’lakor through them.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mors Rattus posted:

US doesn't appear to have access to the queue or Dominion yet. Supposed to go up at 10 PST, so around 1 PM EST.

The GW site has a message up saying the store will reopen soon and mentions the queue system.

Wonder if it will redirect automatically, or I have to keep mashing F5

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The GW site has a message up saying the store will reopen soon and mentions the queue system.

Wonder if it will redirect automatically, or I have to keep mashing F5

I think it redirects automatically.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Yeah also as long as you don't clear your cookies it'll remember you and automatically keep you in the queue so long as you've gotten that message.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's done ordered my copy.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Got my order in. Dominion, Objective set, two sets of foldout boards.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

That was much better than wrestling with the lag for Indomitus. Of course that is easy to say since I got my order in.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Box got. I am happy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mors Rattus posted:

Got my order in. Dominion, Objective set, two sets of foldout boards.

Same minus the objectives.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
still able to get everything at 12pm pst here. looks like they werent lying about having lots of stock. this aint no cursed city lol

edit: lmao naturally everyone with ten piles of unpainted models and nobody to play with are declaring this as proof that games workshop is dead dead dead because it didn't get insta-gobbled up by scalpers and flipped on ebay for six times the price. it's either fake fomo scarcity bullshit and also GW is incompetent and also its all a hoax for the shareholders and they HATE their fans and gw is going woke and broke or its nobody wants the game because it didn't instantly sell out in twelve hours and GW has been lying to their investors these last few years and GW is going woke and broke. I wish i had the ability to live in copeland like this

TheDiceMustRoll fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 19, 2021

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t I like being sane.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

still able to get everything at 12pm pst here. looks like they werent lying about having lots of stock. this aint no cursed city lol

edit: lmao naturally everyone with ten piles of unpainted models and nobody to play with are declaring this as proof that games workshop is dead dead dead because it didn't get insta-gobbled up by scalpers and flipped on ebay for six times the price. it's either fake fomo scarcity bullshit and also GW is incompetent and also its all a hoax for the shareholders and they HATE their fans and gw is going woke and broke or its nobody wants the game because it didn't instantly sell out in twelve hours and GW has been lying to their investors these last few years and GW is going woke and broke. I wish i had the ability to live in copeland like this

its not healthy to read /tg/

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don’t I like being sane.

Imagine not wanting to live in a horrible unending nightmare

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I think I picked the absolute most or least confusing time to get into the hobby and I’m not sure at all which it is, but I’ll at least enjoy painting mushroom moon boys I hope.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

:psypop:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

AnEdgelord posted:

its not healthy to read /tg/

shout out to the guy who screencapped this

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Anyway, I found a source for Warpfire Throwers and Ratling Guns off a canadian site. I'm thinking Weapon Teams are getting a buff so im thinking of picking up a few. Is one better than the other?

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Watching people read the entrails is half the fun of being a part of the hobby's online presence (the other half is looking at all the wonderfully painted models). Just massive, completely normal brains deriving byzantine conspiracy theories from almost zero actual facts lol. The culture war poo poo just adds an another crazy layer to it.

In any case I'm glad people are getting their Dominion boxes if only because scrolling past the outcry everywhere would have been tiresome.

I'm excited to get mine and have been thinking hard about how I want to paint my Kruleboyz.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

It's just a function of AoS not being as popular as 40k probably, a friend who handles some orders said they got fewer pre-orders than they thought, but it was still pretty decent. This is one of those no-win arguments where either GW is dead because they can't meet demand, or they're dead because they are able to meet demand and there's surplus boxes floating around.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
as long as there are ebay deals on the kruleboyz half of the box I'll be happy

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Dreylad posted:

It's just a function of AoS not being as popular as 40k probably, a friend who handles some orders said they got fewer pre-orders than they thought, but it was still pretty decent. This is one of those no-win arguments where either GW is dead because they can't meet demand, or they're dead because they are able to meet demand and there's surplus boxes floating around.

Oh, I don't care. I'll be painting the boxed set with my girlfriend come July 3, she drew a KB and a SCE, photocopied them and has been sending me pictures of various color schemes. She's so excited to paint Yndrasta, End of the day 90% of discussion on neckbeard sites means literally nothing, the four AoS players I know IRL are more interested in the narrative play stuff than the actual competitive stuff. I'm 100% sure all the people going "I'M REBASING ALL OF MY MINIS AND MOVING TO KINGS OF WAR GW WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME" are most mocking the attitude from the one guy refreshing this thread and spamming 4chan.

And I mean, Gorkamorka was a great game (that flopped) and who cares? If AoS dies tomorrow I've still discovered how enjoyable and good the miniatures wargaming hobby can be, and there's a lot of options outside of GW for me. I ain't married to one company! :)

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
drat if there's plenty of stock for dominion that actually makes it really tempting to get. But as much as I love the models I have no idea what I would do with them, I'm not planning to run a Stormcast or Orrruks army.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
btw I don't know exactly when I'm getting the box from the lgs but I would be down to trade my stormcast half for another kruleboyz half, feel free to message me if interested and we can work it out

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Will be curious to see what the actual shake down is because the “GW LIED ABOUT SUPPLY” videos are already going up on Youtube.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

^burtle posted:

Will be curious to see what the actual shake down is because the “GW LIED ABOUT SUPPLY” videos are already going up on Youtube.

where? This?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Of course it's Spikey bits.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Rye Bread posted:

I emailed Jay last night. They actually have a couple tiers. You can pay full msrp and get it a couple weeks, but if you want to get the standard 15% discount, you’re probably getting it in fall/winter. There was another 5% tier in August as well.

Btw, whoever mentioned them in the last thread, thanks! They’re super great to deal with. I got both cursed city and be’lakor through them.

Oh I completely missed that there were 3 versions on the site, their site design does kinda suck. Not that it matters, I have 8 trillion unpainted models already this is just adding to the list, I'll be ok having it show up in several months.

For anyone else on discountgamesinc, the full retail fast shipping one is sold out but the 3% discount for august and the 15% discount for winter are still available.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I got my first game of third in with some of the units from Dominion proxied in and good lord those new crossbow orcs are not okay lol. There's basically no reason to ever use their single shot profile because all you're doing is fishing for mortals on 5+ to hit (with the shaman). Orcs are an elite shooting army now, easily lol. Nothing I had could withstand it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Deified Data posted:

I got my first game of third in with some of the units from Dominion proxied in and good lord those new crossbow orcs are not okay lol. There's basically no reason to ever use their single shot profile because all you're doing is fishing for mortals on 5+ to hit (with the shaman). Orcs are an elite shooting army now, easily lol. Nothing I had could withstand it.

I'm just imagining sitting on an objective with those and a shaman who summoned shackles in front of them and is feeding them poisons to help with mortal fishing

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

I thought the Single shot profile did more damage which in turn means more mortal wounds.

edit checked same damage though aimed shot can be useful if farther away due to the extra range.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 20, 2021

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yeah that was the one, I only saw the first few minutes before dinner but now I see it is more about buying local than GW shortages.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

^burtle posted:

Yeah that was the one, I only saw the first few minutes before dinner but now I see it is more about buying local than GW shortages.

Dont get me wrong. He whining a whole lot, he's about as annoying as midwinter minis

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Was kinda hoping they'd tone down shooting in 3.0 but it sounds like they just made it stronger instead lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Was kinda hoping they'd tone down shooting in 3.0 but it sounds like they just made it stronger instead lol.

Welcome to boathell