Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
COVID Fats:

Working on the COVID Fats:

I've decided that beards are the crutch of the fat man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ben Quebec posted:

I feel attacked but I also feel seen, v. conflicted right now

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Woebin posted:

You're a good sibling-of-sorts (I bet there's an English term for this), as the eldest in my line I wish I'd been half as cool, and I bet your partner's sister brags about you to her friends.

Technically she's my sister in law, it's just the age difference is such that I'm more like an uncle rather than a brother. As she gets older I'm sure the relationship will move more towards that.
I can't speak for how she views me or anything, I just hope I can be at least an OK 'masculine' uhhh role model? Any of the other men she has to look at are quite awful in all sorts of ways. Like her father, or various uncles, or take your pick as we live in Florida. I have it exceptionally easy as a straight white man that lives in the USA, so me doing this purple hair thing for her isn't hard or difficult at all because if anyone does want to assume something they can't, because I'm a straight white guy and thus can do whatever I want. I know exactly how far my privilege goes (infinite so far as I can tell) and any time some other white dude wants to challenge something as dumb as hair color against me I can simply go "lol" and mean it. It's happened once so far, a florida-man type pulled up next to me at a stop light and was quite caustic in asking me why I was "sitting on the wrong fuckin' side" of the vehicle I was in, while looking at my hair.
I was in this:

which also makes me immune to criticism to some dude in a beat to poo poo Ram truck. I said something like "its what I like?" while rattling off how it's manual transmission, diesel, immortal, from Japan. Light turned green, "huh, alright" he said decidedly less spicy and drove off. The older I get the louder insecure men become in the sense that you can see directly through them. This dude read just like any other guy that I meet that is terrified of stepping outside whatever status quo they think exists.

So don't feel that you weren't half as cool to your siblings, I'm cheating.

Ben Quebec posted:

I am proud 2 be beardless.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

The Walrus posted:

50 km in a day is no loving joke, especially with a pack on if the terrain is even remotely hilly. drat dude.

Yeah, I was not in a great mood by the end of it. The pack wasn't bad though, probably 12 or 13kg at the time.

All those words... You're a good male figure in her life and she's always gonna appreciate that.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ben Quebec posted:

COVID Fats:

When I was in shape I never allowed stubble. I think you’re on to something.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Right, the coals are glowing and the stewpot is bubbling. I just need to grab my club. Now which one of you smooth faced hairless wood sprites do I bonk and throw in it first? Slim pickings all round.

Seriously though, I really do need to shave this stupid straggly goatee off.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You'll have to pry my beard from my cold, dead follicles.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
got a haircut. I think i have turned that corner where you always look exhausted no matter how fresh your balls feel

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just say you look blasé, that's the trick.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ben Quebec posted:

i always see chinstrap beards on fat men as a means of indicating where their face ought to end

also you weren't very fat. i'm only interested in before and after pictures if you're able to stand in one leg of your old trousers

matti
Mar 31, 2019

"relive your best moments for a year ago" thanks google

edit i'll have to edit this picture out it is causing me symphatetic pain

matti fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 10, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

crispix posted:

i always see chinstrap beards on fat men as a means of indicating where their face ought to end

AKA the 'George Lucas insta-chin'

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
"A beard is no substitute for a jawline, no matter how you trim it."

It's from Venture Bros.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sitting Here posted:

got a haircut. I think i have turned that corner where you always look exhausted no matter how fresh your balls feel

You look very pretty and i hope your balls feel exceptionally fresh

matti
Mar 31, 2019

yo!

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

crispix posted:

also you weren't very fat. i'm only interested in before and after pictures if you're able to stand in one leg of your old trousers

Brother I was 200lbs in 5'7 how much fatter do I need to get lmao

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Sitting Here posted:

Yeah, I'm 35 too.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
You can take my fat guy beard from my cold dead cheetah encrusted face !!!!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm basically at the point if my balls get any fresher they'll become a glade plug in. Still look like I'm death consistently.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Had a tornado touchdown two miles from my work. Big rear end warehouse, everyone huddled together ready for this thing, and here I am playing on my phone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qhZyv7cDMQ

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm pretty much falling apart lately but at least I look kinda cute while doing so.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Derpies posted:

You can take my fat guy beard from my cold dead cheetah encrusted face !!!!

??? ???

?????

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ben Quebec posted:

COVID Fats:

I told you not to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, now you did, and now I must destroy your body. You shouldn't have watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I told you not to watch Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, now you did, and now I must destroy your body. You shouldn't have watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

If you dare speak ill of Daniel I will raise my fist and drive it into your skull with a righteous indignation

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I got my first Covid jab and purchased these weird bone conducting earphones.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Katamari Democracy posted:

I got my first Covid jab and purchased these weird bone conducting earphones.

drat, I didn't know Griffin McElroy was a GBS poster

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Sup, thread!

I'm not even sure if I should post a pic because of what I have done with my facial hair. I met an old friend recently and he laughed for a good five minutes when he seen it.

Oh, what the hell. I think i might regret this...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i like it, you look like a highlander who can also fly a spitfire

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Valko posted:

Sup, thread!

I'm not even sure if I should post a pic because of what I have done with my facial hair. I met an old friend recently and he laughed for a good five minutes when he seen it.

incredible

Ben Quebec posted:

Yeah, I'm 35 too.

I'm only 33 :negative: I underwent some crazy stress alchemy, so people went from assuming I was roughly 21 to nodding sadly in acknowledgment of my mid-30s-rear end-face. I just want to hurry up and start growing some rad grey hair so I can fully convert into a mean old lady.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Why would you be nervous about posting a moustache like that

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Valko posted:

Sup, thread!

:eyepop: in my wildest dreams I would never have the patience for that length. Its incredible

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I ever need to rob a steam locomotive I know which goon I'm gonna call

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Revins posted:

Why would you be nervous about posting a moustache like that

Self conscious. I've been able to grow muttonchops and a chinstrap since I was 13 but the moustache had to wait until I was 23-24. I didn't stop me from trying and being a stubborn youth I just kept the peach fuzz and anyone who told me to wise up got a dressing down, even family members.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

:eyepop: in my wildest dreams I would never have the patience for that length. Its incredible

Something I've noticed about German men over a certain age. They all have impeccably groomed moustaches and/or goatees. I noticed this 20 years ago when I did construction work for Siemens and I still notice when I go to food fairs in the City at Christmas.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 years makes a difference it would turn out

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Miss Broccoli posted:

Oh hell yes, this is fantastic. Happy anniversary! Or Merry HRTmas, if you will.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Miss Broccoli posted:

:nice:

:pusheen:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Woebin posted:

Oh hell yes, this is fantastic. Happy anniversary! Or Merry HRTmas, if you will.

I love this!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

lol

good bad picture core

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

I love this!
I'm referring to my anniversary as HRTmas and I think some of my friends are planning to get me gifts? I have good friends. Also I wrote my own lyrics to The Twelve Days of Christmas when I first saw this tweet so it's basically a fully legit holiday now.

Anyway here's me looking seductive for a date that stood me up, her loss.