Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Yea, I'm only starting out and I'm already over avengers sets haha. Xmen I'm still cool with though, I'd also like more DC sets in general.

E: why do I keep getting snypes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Elblanco posted:

Yea, I'm only starting out and I'm already over avengers sets haha. Xmen I'm still cool with though, I'd also like more DC sets in general.

E: why do I keep getting snypes?
Nobody knows for sure, but it’s a widely accepted educated guess that it’s a licensor issue. Judging from the relative competence of WB vs. Disney/Marvel and the way the DC sets are formatted (look at how the DC cards are liberally peppered with TMs), we think it’s just way harder to get those sets made.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

thebardyspoon posted:

To be fair to them, this last year has had more non Avengers/Xmen focused sets than most years with two F4 related sets and a Spider-Man set that focused quite hard on the symbiotes and his villains. Looks like they're making up for this horrendous mistake with this next year though yeah, would be nice to get some villains in a Marvel set or a second DC set in a calendar year.

The Sinister set went like this:

quote:

Broke: Collation so bad they had to have a trade-in program
Woke: A set centered on the villains

EDIT:

CapnAndy posted:

Nobody knows for sure, but it’s a widely accepted educated guess that it’s a licensor issue. Judging from the relative competence of WB vs. Disney/Marvel and the way the DC sets are formatted (look at how the DC cards are liberally peppered with TMs), we think it’s just way harder to get those sets made.

They've also claimed before that Marvel sets just plain sell better.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
We do know that WK doesn't use art on DC cards any more due to the differences in how Marvel and DC pay their artists (Marvel pays when the art is made, DC pays whenever the art is used). So DC cards don't have cover art, and recent DC bystanders have either not had any images, or have had pictures of sculpts. It's a minor thing, but it's indicative of how much more difficult DC can be to deal with than Marvel.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Sell that sucks, guess I better read some marvel books again. Reminds me of when I played dice masters and found the huge hardback omnibus of avengers vs xmen at my local library. Except I owe a bunch of money to my library and the only comic shop I knew of near me, went under a few years ago.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

We do know that WK doesn't use art on DC cards any more due to the differences in how Marvel and DC pay their artists (Marvel pays when the art is made, DC pays whenever the art is used). So DC cards don't have cover art, and recent DC bystanders have either not had any images, or have had pictures of sculpts. It's a minor thing, but it's indicative of how much more difficult DC can be to deal with than Marvel.

That would explain why DC made WizKids stop offering print-and-play cards. If they couldn't do it for DC, they couldn't really do it for Marvel either, so away PnP went.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
The Just-Ice League battled the 'Justice League'. If my dice rolls against Andy were the summer of love, this time they were the winter of discontent. I believe I managed to deal 3 clicks of damage with attacks, plus one from Elija Snow being a jackass. It wasn't all dice, though. Elblanco did a great job of winding his way through the frozen labyrinth that I was assembling.

Turn one, Doom used his impressive range, his Perplex, and some terrain destruction help from Namor to melt Iceman's giant ice robot, while everybody else just handled positioning. My whole team poured their attacks into Ultron, not taking into account that, as a robot, cold just makes his processors run more efficiently, and so he came out of the barrage completely unscathed. Quicksilver zipped in and tagged both the Snowman and Stone Cold for 3 each, and since he had wild carded Masters of Evil and rolled a pair of 11s, ended up without any tokens. Captain Cold followed up by freezing Quicksilver and Ultron in place with an Ice Block, but I sadly could not just leave them alone, since Ultron was too dangerous from range and so I had to keep him based as much as possible until he could be dealt with. Spoiler: he couldn't. Another round of attacks poured into Ultron saw the Snowman knock him to his first STOP click, but no further, and by then, the rest of the legally-distinct-from-the-Justice-League had joined the battle. Taskmaster whetted his blades in Yeti blood, Namor and Doom teamed up to demote Captain Cold, and the newly-thawed Quicksilver used the last action to do a run-in on Steve Austin.

All told, Elblanco scored 315 points, but since the last action was Stone Cold Steve Austin being KO'd, I'm awarding him an extra point so that he can score 316. I got frozen out with a big, frosty zero.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I'm starting to think Elblanco is hustling us. Nobody's this frigging good after three games.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Standings!

Me 2-0 973
Elblanco 1-1 437
Maniac 1-1 300
Andy 1-1 300
Torrent 1-1 240

Well I can't play Elblanco or Maniac again soooo

Final Round!

Me V Andy
Elblanco V Maniac
Torrent Gets the Bye!

Games by June 5th since it's memorial day weekend this week.

Morand fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 24, 2021

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Secret Society of Supervillains learned today that they do not like Dee Dee's or Mystic Clicks and lost 350-295.

Grodd's devolution ray sadly continued to malfunction, only working one time all game. Quicksilver went down to a giganta retatliation and punch to start the Koing. Then Dark Britain was a major pain in the rear end, doing lots of clicks via mystics and his own giant honking sword. He was devolved and went down, but not before Koing parasite and severely hurting Clayface. The Dee-Dee's managed to KO giganta because she ended up on toughness because of those drat mystics clicks. Clayface got one renyu token, and proceeded to roll a 2 on the senses and shape change rolls that would have saved him and maybe me the game. Oh well!

Standings!
Me 2-1 1,323
Andy 2-1 650
Elblanco 1-1 437
Maniac 1-1 300
Torrent 1-1 240

Morand fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 27, 2021

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Well, looks like I get to do my first write up!

Maniac and I rolled off, and I actually won map choice, and panicked because I never win map and hadn't thought of what to pick yet. I picked the ROC campground map in hopes that I could slow down ghost rider some. Then Maniac informed me that he would have picked the same map! We set up and the not so justice league advanced, taking defensive position behind some really tough looking bushes. Maniac advanced, grabbing the nightbringer ring with hydro-man and a magic crowbar with ghost rider. On my turn, proxima midnight tried to pin down ghost rider with a spear, and missed entirely, everyone else kinda milled around trying to stay out of sight of guns and motorcycles. Maniac responded by covering proxima in poison smoke and shooting her full of holes, leaving her on her last click. I then tried to get some damage on the board by positioning red goblin to charge hydro-man, and have god emperor doom shoot some lasers. Quicksilver then zipped back and tried to punch doctor nemesis and clock king, only getting the king for 3 clicks, and getting stuck in melee. Maniac brought down proxima with some more poison after that, and preceded to have ghost rider pop out and run down doom! Wonder woman also brought hydro-man out of harms way, moving towards quicksilver on the bottom half of the board. Doom was not very fond of being run over, so he turned and punched ghost rider for a whopping 4 clicks and healed up 1 himself. Red goblin finally had a chance to shine and charged ghost rider, finishing him off and triggering his damage power for the first time this tournament! After being dragged up closer the previous turn, task master used this opportunity to charge from behind a bush and finish hit doctor nemesis pretty hard, with namor finishing him off right after. Maniac wasn't taking that lying down, and after wonder woman and hydro-man brought quicksilver down to his last click, clock king finished him off with a blades roll of 6! Time was called shortly after.

Final score was Me: 215, Maniac: 175

That was a really fun game, though my game with Morand scared me out of being too aggressive, so I probably played a bit too defensively in the early game.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Final Standings!
Me 2-1 1,323
Elblanco 2-1 652
Andy 2-1 650
Torrent 2-1 540
Maniac 1-2 475

Ideas accepted for next event

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

I've been kicking around a couple things that wouldn't work well with actual physical 'Clix, but are easy online.

The first one, I really don't have an idea what the point would be, but it would be kind of neat to be able to change the base size of your figures. So, like, you could take your Defend guy, and make him a 3x6, or take your Batmobile and make it 1x1, or something. It's kind of half-baked, but might be interesting?

The second one, I tried to run IRL once. Lack of turnout ruined the gimmick, but the online format would actually make it better. At the beginning of the tournament, the map is an entirely blank indoor space. The first two people who play draw starting areas around 16 squares. Then, at the end of each player's turn, you may add a piece of terrain to the map (a square of blocking/hindering/water, a wall, a piece of elevated - with or without ladders, etc). The map is not erased between games, so it will just keep growing with each game.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

One I'd thought of was to require that each element on your entire force build (including sideline) must have been released at least a year (I'd only go as granular as the month) from any other element unless there's a specific interaction between/among them, like IH#025 Rick Jones being able to Alter Ego into figures from his own set plus the next two Marvel sets, Shifting Focus-type characters, or a character who can start with a certain piece of Equipment equipped to it. I'd also consider setting a minimum number of figures, perhaps five.

For example, say you include CAAV#056b Punisher War Machine on your build. Captain America & the Avengers was released in February 2020, so any newer element would have to be at least as new as Deep Cuts: Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four: Future Foundation, both released in February 2021. The next oldest set you could use would be Captain Marvel Movie from February 2019. You would not be able to use just any Punisher of 75 points or less on your sideline for Punisher War Machine's optional trait because the interaction isn't with a specific character; the one you use would have to follow the age restriction. By contrast, say you use the Rick Jones mentioned above on your build. You'd be able to include IH#040 A-Bomb, GG#031 Captain Marvel, or CW#027 Genis-Vell on your sideline despite the age restriction because his Alter Ego power specifically mentions them.

Too complicated? I think it would be interesting to see how it works having teams made across a good span of time, particularly given the different design paradigms (read: power creep).

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Here's another idea.

Only non-Prime CUR and non-ConEx/LE/OP kit fixed-rarity (i.e. non-blind) figures are allowed. In short, the rarity tab has to be white, green, or silver. No LE/OP kit figures, convention exclusives, Super Rares, Chases (including Ultra Chases), or promos/special offer figures. I'd consider excluding any game element that came with a figure you wouldn't be able to use but I don't know how restrictive you'd want to get with this idea.

If you want to go far back enough, I'd probably make an exception to the "no promos" to allow old "Buy It by the Brick" incentive figures (like Krypto from Collateral Damage, Venom from Sinister, or Super Skrull: Illuminati from Secret Invasion, for instance) because frankly I don't recall any of those being that powerful.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I’ve done a scenario called the common man before. CUR only, no primes.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Yeah screw it I like that idea but let’s just do pauper format.

400 points Commons and Uncommons only. Let’s have a gentleman’s agreement that if you want to play that common Superman from Wonder Woman you can only use his lower point value. Any equipment or additional game elements your force will use must also be Common or Uncommon rarity.

Submit teams by the 5th at 8pm if interested

Edit: oh and to clarify. Wwe is legal as it’s all considered commons. So are starter sets and fast forces

Morand fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 3, 2021

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Edit: oh and to clarify. Wwe is legal as it’s all considered commons. So are starter sets and fast forces

So, basically, anything that's a non-blind rarity as long as it isn't a ConEx/LE/OP kit figure or some other exclusive bullshit?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

So, basically, anything that's a non-blind rarity as long as it isn't a ConEx/LE/OP kit figure or some other exclusive bullshit?

Pretty much. If unsure just ask.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Let’s have a gentleman’s agreement that if you want to play that common Superman from Wonder Woman you can only use his lower point value.
I don't make rules specifically to gently caress with you :mad:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

How are we working super booster figures that don't have a rarity?

EDIT: You know, I'm VERY strongly considering trying a Morlocks team. It's 375 with just the characters, which makes it just as well we can't use ATAs because that would be one point over. This is shaping up to be more interesting than I'd thought it would be.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 4, 2021

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
OK sorry for the wait, here's my team. This time the real justice league with some help from a fre Dr fates. I've wanted to see how the full starter set team would run with a little help.

My Team:
Team Points: 395. Remaining 5/400
Shared Keywords Are: Justice League

JLU004 Dr. Fate 65
JLU102E The Flash 60
JLU103E Batman 60
JLU105E Superman 60
JLU101E Wonder Woman 40
JLU104E Green Lantern 40
JLU106E Martian Manhunter 40
JLU004E Dr. Fate 10
JLU004E Dr. Fate 10
JLU004E Dr. Fate 10

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

BGWW101b Wonder Woman 40
WW80016v Superman 125
WW80025 Ferdinand 30
WW80029 Jason 75
WW80021 Artemis 60
WW80031a Donna Troy 60

Amazon theme team, 400 even. I assume I get no Wonder Woman equipment for Donna because they're too high in rarity.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Andy you are correct.

My team will destroy all commons. Andy is also going to have a ragegasm.

Nimrod - 175
2 XDPS Sentinels at 33
3 XDPS Sentinels at 25
3 Friends of Humanity at 5
Bolivar Trask
Senator Robert Kelly

A sideboard of 10 of the sentinels from rise and fall.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Andy is also going to have a ragegasm.
I really don't know why you do things like this when I know where you live. Some basic self-preservation, that's all I'm asking for.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Torrent has to skip this round, maniac said he was in so we just need him to post.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

And posting I am! I'll go with Sinister Syndicate.
pre:
SFSM#029	Overdrive	35
EAX#019A	Vulture		50
EAX#024		Electro		50
SVC#007A	Venom		65
SVC#010		Tombstone	75
SVC#012		Toxin		50
F4#015		Trapster	75
----------------------------------
			Total:	400
		Theme: Sinister Syndicate

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Random.org says round 1 matchups are

Me V Elblanco
Andy V Maniac

As always games in a week let’s say by 6/13.

Morand fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 6, 2021

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The JLU fell to the Night of the Sentinels 275-75.

Sentinels won map and placed themselves on Arthur's castle. One of my Sentinel's rolled to be a perplexer along with my 2 33 point boys which allowed me to get off an early EE on the JLU with Nimrod which wiped out the fake Dr. Fates and hurt the Green Lantern and Real Dr. Fate. Nimrod being invincible soaked the mystics. From there it was a game of "cripple anyone with a printed 3 damage" WW got plinked for 1 to take her off HSS and then a plasticity boy moved up and tied up the whole team. Martian Manhunter however, pulled off a MC to make plasticity boy punch a friend and move away. Flash then proceeded to be loving everywhere and take a shot at hitting all of my sentinels and Senator Kelly but rolled only high enough to hit Senator Kelly so giant bullet dodged there. The sentinels then proceeded to grind down the JLU slowly but surely as flash was punched by a friends of humanity who had CCE and then a Sentinel with CCE for the KO.

I love the Sentinels so very very much.

Standings!

Me 1-0 275
Andy 0-0 0
Maniac 0-0 0
Elblanco 0-1 75

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I got Artemis and Ferdinand while Andy KOed Vulture in Amazons vs. the Sinister Syndicate! I won 90-50 in a whiff-fest, with my attack rolls succeeding while Andy just kept hitting Super Senses like Whitney Houston did the crack pipe. The game started very hesitantly in the Railyard as neither of us wanted to get into the other's threat range. Eventually he brought Jason, Artmeis, Donna Troy, and Ferdinand onto a building while Superman carried Wonder Woman into Vulture and Electro's collective face. Had I missed that first breakaway roll, this game would have gone very differently and probably turned into Superman's Slaughter Party™.

I think he only missed a total of 7 Super Senses rolls (mind you, I used EE something like 3 times), the first two coming as I one-two punched Artemis with Venom and Tombstone, with the latter benefiting from me remembering Charged Up can use its pilot's damage power. I didn't want to Empower Venom so he'd hit Artemis onto her last naked Defense click. Because Overdrive has Empower, Charged Up borrowed it and Lonnie hit for 4 and KOed Artemis. I kept Superman and Wonder Woman tied up with Vulture while Electro did a Running Shot/EE onto them, which COULD have hit Vulture but didn't thanks to his ES/D he gets when attacked by a character with [BOOT], which Electro has. I would have hit but for Super Senses. drat you, Wonder Woman TA. Trapster kept multi-target Incapacitating so I could use his opposition-wide Defense debuff, which helped given that Andy's first attack was against Toxin, who I forgot had Shape Change. Fortunately for me, I also rolled well for him and kept making those rolls each time after. On my second-to-last full turn I did a Running Shot to tag Donna, Ferdinand (on click 3 by that point thanks to Tombstone), and Jason for 2 each thanks to Electro's penetrating EE, now with +1 to all combat values because Andy had finally KOed Vulture, which meant my force had exactly six characters for Sinister Six United.

I was a little surprised my team did as well as it did, but a lot of it came down to the luck of the dice, between Super Senses and symbiote-given Shape Change. A potential two Empowers can really make a front-line brute squad, especially when one of the two is a Sidestepping vehicle who can shuffle around and then take off to momentarily regroup. That much Super Senses is really irritating, especially considering it makes it that much harder to knock that Superman off top dial.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I love quick rounds!

Standings!

Standings!

Me 1-0 275
Maniac 1-0 90
Elblanco 0-1 75
Andy 0-1 50

Round 2 matchups will be

Me V Maniac
Andy V Elblanco.

Games in a week, lets say by 9est 6/16.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Nimrod - 175
2 XDPS Sentinels at 33
3 XDPS Sentinels at 25
3 Friends of Humanity at 5
Bolivar Trask
Senator Robert Kelly

A sideboard of 10 of the sentinels from rise and fall.

When Senator Robert Kelly generates a Sentinel, is it worth 33 points or 25?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

When Senator Robert Kelly generates a Sentinel, is it worth 33 points or 25?

Bolivar Trask can generate them too and they’re only worth 25. I don’t get to control what click number they come on. It’s the same for any FOH they generate too, they’re only worth 5.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

The Sinister 7 fell to the night of the Sentinels 400-108.

Dice were with me this game as I made many leadership rolls and every single attack against Nimrod sadly caused the Sinister 7 to punch themselves. Electro was never able to get a major shot off but did account for all Ko's save 1 from a cranky Vulture who crit hit a sentinel to kill it. Tombstone, Venom and Toxin fell to a combination of punching themselves and also being punched. Trapster was hit early knocking him off his amazing top click onto mid dial. He crit missed the only attack he made before a sentinel Ko'd him. Electro got swarmed by capture cables at the end and fell after failing to break away.

I really love the Sentinels.

Standings!

Me 2-0 675
Maniac 1-1 198
Elblanco 0-1 75
Andy 0-1 50

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
This Thursday, my local group is having our big return to in-person gaming at our shop. Only the fully-vaxxed allowed, so we're going to be missing a few folks who are only half-vaxxed, but it should still be amazing.

For the big return, I decided to break out Magnificent Seven. No point totals, bring a force of 7 figures, nothing above 400 points or with a base larger than 2x2. Each KO is worth 1 point. Got a few house rules to rein in individual figures or abilities that tend to wreck the fun of things (Malekith, 'teleport my greatest foes' Thanos, Phoenix Five), but otherwise, it's just good fun smashing our biggest toys together.

As I have no interest in winning or even being competitive, I'm going with Team Chair.
Odin from Hammer of Thor
Metron from Arkham Asylum
Mistress Death from Galactic Guardians
KC Green Lantern from World's Finest
Hades from Superman/Wonder Woman
Batman, God of Knowledge from Harley Quinn
Prime Q from Boldly Go

If I play, I'm gonna get wrecked, but it's going to be fun. So many of the old chair-men took a big hit with the Pulse Wave change, and the piles of Outwit they tend to bring is pretty useless in this format where most everybody is Power Cosmic. But KC Lantern's RCE pairs well with his Running Shot now, and Hades will be spawning tons of Heroic Souls, so at least I might be able to put up a fight.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Our venue is also doing face to face play this Sunday for the first time since the world shut down. I have such ridiculous choice lock as I have so many teams I want to play for real. I’m currently leaning towards an X-Men team because I want to see Krakoan Revival in a real game.

Due to a circumstances beyond his control Andy has had to forfeit against Elblanco so updated standings

Standings!

Me 2-0 675
Elblanco 1-1 475
Maniac 1-1 198
Andy 0-2 50

Final round matchups!

Me V Andy
Elblanco V Maniac

Games by let’s say 6/22

Morand fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 15, 2021

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Maniac and I finally got our game in, and it was pretty drat fun, if you enjoyed us using all our theme probs early and then whiffing a ton of late game rolls. The Sinister Six and the Justice league had a pretty good fight though.

I won the map roll and picked keystone city I think it was called. I realized it was more open then I thought once the map was set up. I tried to take my typical defensive approach when going first, but was not prepared for the sinister 6(7) to hop into a magic motorcycle and come stop right in my face. Luckily they were carried, so I didn't screw up too bad, Flash could have tried harder to hit with everywhere at once. Maniac swung back on his turn and took out a Dr Fate clone and kinda wedged himself well in the way of my team getting much of anywhere. I then had Superman and Wonder Woman try and beat up Tombstone and the whiff-fest began! We were moving all around trying to take out pretty much anything on either side, I got lucky and took out Venom, which turned out to be a bad idea as it buffed the rest of the now properly named sinister six, I also lost The Flash around the same time. Trapster then started toss Elmer's Glue token everywhere to keep Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter stuck! I then decided that my one chance to stay in the game was to put everything I could into Tombstone, his defensive powers were just too annoying. So after most of my team put in 5 attacks, including a double enhanced Dr Fate, Tomestone fell. Maniac Tried to swing around with Toxin, Vulture and Electro to get Green Lantern, but a few bad rolls left him standing. With 20 seconds on the clock I had Green Lantern swing right back and we added one last whiffed roll to the game. It was a really close game, our defenses were both just a little too good it seemed, though overall a pretty fun game!

Elblanco: 140
Maniac: 70

I was literally 5 points down until I took out tombstone, I had to scramble to get any points haha.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Andy and I played an actual real tournament today! 500 points

I ran the X-Men because I wanted to gently caress around with Krakoan Revival.

I did

HOX Magneto at 90
HOX Vulcan at 75
HOX Prime Bishop
HOX Maggot
Lyla Cheney
WKO Forge
WKO Pixie
HOX Wolverine at 50 (who I left in my bag for 2 rounds!)
HOX Financing many teams Subspot
HOX Mother
Power Gem

Basic strategy was to tk the gem to magneto, then make a shard pog, and then go to loving town on the opposing team. I also told myself that I would use Krakoan revival solely on Vulcan and maybe mother if I really needed to fire off a death trick.

Round 1 versus the Avengers

Chase Thor
Chase Portal Strange
Chase Namor
Chase Ghost Rider
Ultra Chase Peggy Captain America
Black Leopard Prime
3 mandarin ring con things

Sideboard of literally the legion of doom.

The venues slowest player deciding to brag about what they bought during the pandemic it seems. Play was slow. Magneto nuked black leopard at range to tank his attack value nonsense. Thor had equipped a EE ring which could have ruined me and I was forced to take too many shots at his 21 defense. Vulcan wasn’t able to get a shot in before he got rushed and ko’d. I chose to bring him back. They then rushed my main force and knocked out bishop. I decided not to bring them back as I couldn’t afford them to get a nasty pog front and center. On my turn I KO’d Namor and hurt Thor very badly. Time was called as forge had sidestepped away to take a neutralizer shot on Thor that would have killed him but I never got to take the shot.

We tied at 125 and I lost the roll off. Oh well!

Round 2 versus Future or Justice League?

Golden Amazo at full
Batman Beyond
Old animated Waller
Micron.

This was a slaughter. As his range was very limited by shard he came super close to get ready to hit me with amazo copying stealth from Batman. Batman fell quickly to a Vulcan punch followed by maggot tricks. With no stealth all the fire was poured into amazo who fell quickly. Micron didn’t last either as he had no stealth. The game only went about 8 minutes.

Round 3 versus Andy’s Masters of Thunderbolts

Caav Chase Ultron
Caav Baron Zemo
Caav Hawkeye
Caav Trickshot
Caav Moonstone plus her optional trait to MC friendlies
SVAC Norman with Iron Patriot Secret Identity
The Winter soldier who can shoot twice and loving loves the new rules.

Andy had actually beaten the chase brigade I’d lost roll off to. I am pretty sure it was a lot of Ultron going oh aren’t you just adorable but I’m sure he will post.

Andy moved down hiding behind his stealthy guys as I cannot break stealth for poo poo. Magneto decided to try and EE Ultron instead which caused many squishy guys to take damage. Trickshot could not roll high enough to shoot down the attack. I then saw a chance to poison a ton of guys and went for it, carrying up a good chunk of the team to do maggot tricks and base them with sunspot and Wolverine. Winter Soldier proceeded to double tap Wolverine for KO. Vulcan came up and did some good damage to ultron but then was KO’d forcing me to revive him and giving Andy a skinless assassin who then gutted maggot. Magneto used his free attack and regular attacks to ko some things. Winter soldier got 2 more shots off before Vulcan and magneto took him out. Finally I had the shot I was looking for. I burned 3 plot points to bump forge’s combat values up by 1. I then used his own perplex to bump attack one more and took a big shot on Ultron. Andy and I burned all the probs but forge hit and neutralized Ultron and with literally no powers to save him that was all she wrote for Ultron. The rest of the team fell pretty quickly after that.

I finished 2-1 but won on points since Andy had beaten the chase squad badly. Won nothing but goddamn was it great to play real sit down clix again.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 21, 2021

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Andy had actually beaten the chase brigade I’d lost roll off to. I am pretty sure it was a lot of Ultron going oh aren’t you just adorable but I’m sure he will post.
I sure will!

Round 1 was against the Future League. They're all stealth and my team doesn't actually have a lot of stealth busting, which drove me to distraction. I actually ran Norman up on a suicide run to get adjacent to Amazo and outwit his stealth, which gave me one turn of hitting him, but Norman died for it because of course he did. Luckily I was able to use my superior range and the fact that he couldn't bust stealth either as pressure to keep his guys back until eventually the thing I'd been waiting for all game happened: Zemo finally made a Leadership roll on, like, turn 5. Once I could give my entire team Avengers Initiative, Amazo died in a turn and the rest of his team went on the next one. Stealth was the only thing keeping him from the slaughter.

Round 2 was against the Slowplay Money-flaunting Avengers, although I will make one correction: they had all of the Superfriends on their sideboard, too. Or at least enough to make up a full 15 things. Not that it mattered, they never bothered to actually track the stuff to try and bring anyone in. This was a stupid slog, because it just went. So. Slow. And while Ultron could laugh off the team's ridiculous defenses, I was forced to play the whole game doing stupid dances around Black Leopard's line of fire, because a 14 doesn't do me any good when it's a frigging 9. What I eventually did was hide behind my stealth guys and outwit Ghost Rider's charge but not Namor's, and then left a piece in charging range, basically daring them to come up into my killbox. Which they did, and I one-turn KO'd Namor now that everyone had a shot, which devolved the entire match into a brawl, which favored me overall because I was actually matched pretty evenly on range, and getting up close meant I could make the Leopard only look where I wanted him to. I also took out Ghost Rider and Strange, I think? I also knocked Peggy to her KO line once but she's a Living Legend and I couldn't kill her again before time was called. Highlight of the match was when Trickshot shot a frigging lightning bolt out of the air; not only did he nullify an attack from Thor, but he did it with a crit hit roll.

Round 3 went like Morand said it did, and I finished in second and happy just to have come out and finally played in person again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Andy and I will be playing our game tomorrow. It's been a challenging week so far