Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

ZombieCrew posted:

Ive seen videos about "farming" exotics for storage modules. Is it just more likely youll get modules from those since they are always S class?

I've found that what you end up getting from breaking down a ship seems to be partially dependent on ship type, with Exotics and Haulers typically giving the most storage modules, followed by Fighters, Explorers, and Shuttles. Class matters too, of course, and a S-class Exotic or Fighter costs a helluva lot less than an S-class Hauler.

Last time I ground out storage modules I stuck with Exotics, and A- and S-class Fighters.

Edit: Size also matters. Smaller ships give less, Medium and Large give more. A small S-class Fighter might not give you a single storage module, while a medium might give out 2.

Edit 2: All Exotics are the same size, other ships you can tell their size based on their price. https://nomanssky.fandom.com/wiki/Price_Catalogue

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'll see if I can find my NMS cheat sheet when I get home but I have the coords of a system that has a near-every-time first wave squid exotic that salvages into three storage and three s class modules a pop for easy farming of storage and nanites

e: here you go

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 17, 2021

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I tried to calculate the odds of getting modules/augments back in 2019; these were my results:

blarzgh posted:

Ok, so I did a little scrapping experiment. Sample size is only 50, so results are super untrustworthy.

Your odds of getting a storage augmentation depends on class and whether the ship is a fighter or not.

Fighters, for some reason, tend to scrap for 3-4 modules, and rarely give you storage augmentation units, at any class

Shuttles give you 1-3 modules, and they give you a storage about 75% of the time (this includes C class, will discuss in a moment)

Explorers and Haulers almost always give you a storage aug.

What I found was that your odds of getting a storage augmentation unit goes up with the ship's class. C Class (except fighter) gives you one about 30% of the time, B class is like 60% of the time, and A class is 90% of the time. (Except for fighters, of course)

I also found that it has nothing to do with the number of slots a ship has. Class is most important.

Also, it appears Haulers may drop slightly more often than Explorers, and Explorers slightly more often than shuttles, but that is purely conjecture.

So, in short:
Farm Fighters for Upgrade modules (Nanites). It's probably worth to scrap B, A, and S class since the return on B class ones is better than sitting around doing nothing, waiting for an A class, and they're cheap.

Farm B class or better Explorers, Haulers or Shuttles for storage upgrades.

Edit - trip report: I got 25 storage augmentation units and 25,000 Nanites in an hour doing this. If I didn't waste time with C-classes, I probably could have done 35 and 35,000

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
First day I played this I thought I was going to be sick of it by the end of the night. Then the next night Ii played till bedtime again, thinking I'd just this one last thing and move on to some other game. Then last night I realized I think I liked the game, despite the issues and horrible inventory/crafting hassles. I warped to a new system and was going to land somewhere to save and call it a night... then I ended up helping some frigate defend from pirates. tbh I always ran from the big capital fleets prior to this since Ii assumed it was sentinels that would attack me LOL. Also didn't realize I could blow up asteroids to get tritium and minerals even though that's incredibly obvious. Whoops!

Anyway, homeboy was so glad I helped blow up a few dinky pirate ships he literally offered me the frigate for free ahahaha. I've been hopping systems a bit trying to find a cool virgin place to build my first "real" base but this dude gives me this massive A class cool-looking tv-head race ship that has a crapload of room to build in. It literally matched my yellow/blue colour scheme, I was so psyched, didn't even know this was a thing in the game. I was pumped to find I could even go aboard in the first place, now it's all mine! Went and built myself several storage containers so I can finally start stockpiling anything maybe.

I had also just finished upgrading this A class ship I found through a distress signal, was also doing that with an A class multitool gunthing I was given, but it was a hassle with parts I didn't know how to get yet and I just spent the money trading it in for a fresh one. Sadly, my starter multitool still has this S-class mod on it that givesd like +1,200% scan rewards, so every new planet I gotta switch to the dinker to scan the animals/plants to get the cash bonus. Does that mod become more common later on, haven't seen one like it since my first space station or w/e that had it. (oh my god do we get to eventually get our own space station..??!)

Anyway, excited to tinker with my ship and build a base tonight. One question: Is there a better way to get across the planet's distant points of interest when they're on the other side of planet or very far? So far it's been fastest to just jet boost off planet then super-jump to it and re-enter atmosphere and drop pod to location from space.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Anyway, excited to tinker with my ship and build a base tonight. One question: Is there a better way to get across the planet's distant points of interest when they're on the other side of planet or very far? So far it's been fastest to just jet boost off planet then super-jump to it and re-enter atmosphere and drop pod to location from space.

Boosting away and re-entering is the best way, and it can be helped by purchasing Launch Thruster upgrade modules which will improve your maximum boost speed as well as launch fuel efficiency. The game doesn’t really clarify some upgrade aspects as clearly as it should.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks for the responses folks. Very helpful!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Space Jam posted:

Boosting away and re-entering is the best way, and it can be helped by purchasing Launch Thruster upgrade modules which will improve your maximum boost speed as well as launch fuel efficiency. The game doesn’t really clarify some upgrade aspects as clearly as it should.

Since I scrapped my starting ship and finished repairing my new one, I've got the rechargin' thrusters + efficient ones. I noticed last night I was not having to make new thruster fuel at all anymore, also gonna start just flying short distances, keep pointlessly hoofing it for ~300 distances when I could just be leapfrogging in my ship. Also I know exocraft exist bc of the vendors, could try getting one of those at some point.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Grab yourself a a vehicle ASAP and the teleporter that allows you to call it anywhere on a planet. I spent hours of hell on a radioactive world just hoofing it around when i coulda sat in a protective truck with a mining laser on top just driving everywhere. Once you get a freighter you can build a teleporter in it so any system that has your freighter you can call down your exo vehicles. They have scanners so you can find crashed freighters, monoliths, sentinel factories, drop pods for free cargo space, and a ton of other fun stuff.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Arghy posted:

Grab yourself a a vehicle ASAP and the teleporter that allows you to call it anywhere on a planet. I spent hours of hell on a radioactive world just hoofing it around when i coulda sat in a protective truck with a mining laser on top just driving everywhere. Once you get a freighter you can build a teleporter in it so any system that has your freighter you can call down your exo vehicles. They have scanners so you can find crashed freighters, monoliths, sentinel factories, drop pods for free cargo space, and a ton of other fun stuff.

Which vehicles are protective? The buggy for example isn't. Also before you get the deploy anywhere freighter upgrade (or if you're going to a system your freighter can't) you can build a vehicle station, summon your ride, then deconstruct the station to get all your mats back.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Coolness Averted posted:

Which vehicles are protective? The buggy for example isn't.

The Minotaur mech is by default, but you can craft hazard protection upgrades separately for the others.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I've been playing in Creative and dicking around uploading finds so I never worried about combat. When I switched over to my barely-played Normal mode to give that a shot, I think I broke the game when I ran into a ruin and a bunch of angry Sentinels.

All I did was hide like a coward when it reached threat level four. For some reason, the Sentinels didn't start the search timer forever, so I assume the Walker was just blasting poo poo like crazy above-ground. When i finally dug far enough down to get the timer to start, this was what I came up to. Those are all Walker Brains.

Granted, I didn't have nearly enough cargo to carry it, but I still got like 5M from it. Which ultimately didn't matter since I did the first Anomaly welcome and some dude was just handing out 30M of items to everyone that was zoning in. Thanks, random S-class dude. :v:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah the game is really poorly designed in terms of punishing you, sents won't follow you inside buildings and have a hard time finding you underground. They'll also go away in space when you visit a station or a freighter so go ham and shoot up freighters in space for frigate modules then just dock without repercussions

Coolness Averted posted:

Which vehicles are protective? The buggy for example isn't. Also before you get the deploy anywhere freighter upgrade (or if you're going to a system your freighter can't) you can build a vehicle station, summon your ride, then deconstruct the station to get all your mats back.

You need to construct the protective modules for the older vehicles or use the minotaur but i don't like it's control schemes so i usually use the buggy or the huge truck haha. During early game i used the huge truck as basically free storage and drove from factory to factory collecting blue prints while mining for resources along the way.

The best thing you can do for a newbie is build them an exo bay then give them some stuff to buy the blueprints because it makes exploring so much more fun. I did this for a friend and also gave them 25 stasis chambers to sell haha, helped them along immensely.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I've come back to this game and I'm enjoying it. Looking to start really building some things out and I'm wondering which guns for the mutli-tool and ships are preferred. OP says, "with nanites buy S-level upgrades for the phase cannon, life support, mining laser, scanner. Don't buy upgrades for photon cannon" but why? Is the photon cannon bad?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Arghy posted:

Yeah the game is really poorly designed in terms of punishing you, sents won't follow you inside buildings and have a hard time finding you underground. They'll also go away in space when you visit a station or a freighter so go ham and shoot up freighters in space for frigate modules then just dock without repercussions

Yeah, I was having fun with the fights but as a newbie, I definitely don't have a ton of mods to fight like Rank 4 poo poo, so I just hid.

I just thought it was funny coming up above ground again going "Wait, I don't think there's supposed to be this many barrels wait they're worth how much?!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I was sold with mining laser, especially on these planets where orbs and dogs will hassle you for nabbing a few hundred measly penny-metal.

Now that I'm a fleet commander suddenly, is my new system-hopping going to be parking in here and hyperdriving to other systems?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Khanstant posted:

I was sold with mining laser, especially on these planets where orbs and dogs will hassle you for nabbing a few hundred measly penny-metal.

Now that I'm a fleet commander suddenly, is my new system-hopping going to be parking in here and hyperdriving to other systems?

The freighter acts like a mobile base that you can summon to your mini-ship's location in space, for free, whenever you want. There's not really a driving need to use your freighter for warping, unless it has better warp upgrades than your mini-ship (like in one of the recent expeditions). Just warp your mini-ship to the system, and if you need your freighter, summon it in using the same menu where you access the galaxy map.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Devor posted:

The freighter acts like a mobile base that you can summon to your mini-ship's location in space, for free, whenever you want. There's not really a driving need to use your freighter for warping, unless it has better warp upgrades than your mini-ship (like in one of the recent expeditions). Just warp your mini-ship to the system, and if you need your freighter, summon it in using the same menu where you access the galaxy map.

I think the freighter needs the upgraded engine type to be able to be summoned to non-yellow stars tho

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think the freighter needs the upgraded engine type to be able to be summoned to non-yellow stars tho

It does, and grinding the modules out via derelicts sucks. Much faster to blow up AI freighters for your modules.

Though the first upgrade you have to get is the freighter matter transporter, which will allow you to access all of your storage modules you build on your freighter from anywhere in the system at any time. It's basically an infinite range matter transporter, unlike the one for your ship that upgrades it a measly 150u or some useless poo poo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh, insta-warp makes it even easier to deal with. Don't have any upgrades for my freighter unlocked yet, haven't seen any derelicts yet. How do you mean attacking AI freighters? I accidentally shot a TV-aliens' ship the other day, then it attacked me, and I blew it up and got a -1 to that race reputation. I assume doing that to the frigates would be the same deal but worse since so many ships and parts? Do you mean finding Sentinel Frigates, I only remember seeing Red Frigates in my initial world... and those may have been something else now that I think about it. I stayed away at the time assuming it was dangerzone.

Also the tutorial quests for this game are weird. I'm working on "expanding my base" aka setting up terminals and hiring dudes, followed by baby tutorial quests, some of which cover concepts I feel they've already covered. Even worse, some go to "teach" me new recipes... ones I already bought on the anomaly, bizarrely being on the quest removed my ability to create those items until II did the quest. The irony of needing to build a storage module to get my items out so i can turn in a quest to learn how to build a storage module was goofy af.

I also broke a quest before bed last night. Weapons dude tells m to go blow up a weapons depot... but it won't let my ship land anywhere. i figure he's teaching me to use my newly unlocked space-laser, I do a few bombing runs and blow it all up. No response. Then I noticed it says to blow up weapons depot with multi-tool weapons.. oops! Fly far away, manage to land finally, drive back over: No more sentinels to fight, no more depot to blow up. Even weirder is I'm pretty sure this area didn't even have a depot in it before this mission and I've never seen that type of installation before. I was going to build my basein that lil valley, I wanna say they slapped it down after I accepted the quest.

Maybe reloading will givem e another shot, not sure how to proceed otherwise.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The quest marker for those weapons dude missions is usually just in the vicinity of the objective. The idea is that you are supposed to land and use your scanner, but you can also fly around and spot it visually.

The weapons depot should be a building you have to blast the door open on, and then go inside and interact with a terminal. AFAIK none of the buildings are destructible.

I think there must been a nearby storage facility you mistook for the depot and you blew that up instead.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I've perma-broken the Horitculturalist mission that wants me to grow Gravitino balls but the terrain respawned inside my base and covered him anyway so

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I've perma-broken the Horitculturalist mission that wants me to grow Gravitino balls but the terrain respawned inside my base and covered him anyway so
Geology cannon time!

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Khanstant posted:

Oh, insta-warp makes it even easier to deal with. Don't have any upgrades for my freighter unlocked yet, haven't seen any derelicts yet. How do you mean attacking AI freighters? I accidentally shot a TV-aliens' ship the other day, then it attacked me, and I blew it up and got a -1 to that race reputation. I assume doing that to the frigates would be the same deal but worse since so many ships and parts? Do you mean finding Sentinel Frigates, I only remember seeing Red Frigates in my initial world... and those may have been something else now that I think about it. I stayed away at the time assuming it was dangerzone.

You find derelict freighters by using an Emergency Broadcast Receiver, then pulsing in space until it shows up as an object of interest. EBRs can be found by talking to the tree-headed(?) guy in the anomaly once a week, or by buying them from the shady merchants you find in space-stations.

Easier to get the modules from AI freighters. In most systems there'll be a couple fleets sitting around, comprised of a freighter and its accompanying smaller frigates. If you look at the freighter closely you should notice a number of crates/pods/discs in or on it. Fly close by and mouse over these and they should tell you what they contain. Magnetized Ferrite, Gold, etc, or sometimes a Salvaged Frigate Module. Shooting and looting these pods will get you a wanted level and spawn in sentinels, but it won't lower your reputation with the alien race. There are also pods attached to the smaller frigates, and pods free-floating in the fleet, but attacking these WILL lower your rep.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah listen to the sound of ships warping into the system then attack the modules on the big freighters, you can either pulse drive away before the sents come or just dock at the station without any repercussions. Always warp to new systems in your smaller ship though because it will trigger freighter battles where you can upgrade your freighter.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Stripping AI freighters for fun will also get you all the precious metals you could want and then some. Never manufacture chromatic metal ever again!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is there one weird trick to telling the difference between fair-targets frigates and the fleet ones? In my current system it's all blue-yellow themed tv-heads ships.

edit: Ohhhhh, so ones attached to a ship are fair game, it's the floaters that aren't, if I'm interpreting this correctly.

eSporks posted:

he weapons depot should be a building you have to blast the door open on, and then go inside and interact with a terminal. AFAIK none of the buildings are destructible.

I think there must been a nearby storage facility you mistook for the depot and you blew that up instead.

I had the right place, I just blew it up with my ship instead of weapons. I found another depot elsewhere randomly, first shot I took at a depot thing completed the quest.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 19, 2021

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Also stations give out quests so every station you visit just keep grabbing the scan/kill creatures/minerals quest and you can potentially do them all at once. Just grab them all then when you land on a new planet use the middle mouse button to reset the quests and it will reset to the current planet your on. I do this when i'm hunting for ships since i don't wanna bother going down to the planets half the time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unfortunately the last patch changed it so scan mineral quests now direct you to a specific planet rather than being happy with any planet.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I know i reset it recently and finished all the quests on 1 planet, i had to fly across the drat globe but once i landed it let me scan 4 rocks on the planet i was already on.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ghostlight posted:

Unfortunately the last patch changed it so scan mineral quests now direct you to a specific planet rather than being happy with any planet.

Otoh pirate / sentinel / animal / predator bounties are all still indiscriminate. Though with pirates it's only if different contracts are in the same system.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What's the point of a derelict freighter in space that's blown to chunks? Doesn't seem like you can blow anything up or land on it :thunk:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

There are usually 3(?) supply pods floating around it to blow up.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the point of a derelict freighter in space that's blown to chunks? Doesn't seem like you can blow anything up or land on it :thunk:

Some of them will have floating cargo pods that you can blow up for a bit of loot, but a lot of the "random encounter" anomalies are just camera fodder

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah got a couple mineral quests cloggin up my log, should probably drop em because I'm still on a kick of exploring where I want to for now. Already got Atlas and Atlassian or whoever with way too similar of a name trying to get me going this way o that without anyone caring to not be cryptic assholes for 1 second. My guess is that literally every Traveller is me in a different lifecycle and that Atlantis and Arturis are both me with different agendas as well.

Two things happenedl ast night and wondering if I messed anything up yet. First, I think I died. I was AFK, came back somewhere weird and had a marker for "grave" and it apparently had all my stuff on it and I hadn't yet noticed my inventory empty. Kind of lame to have my one death just be AFK negligence on a relatively safe planet. I'm guessing I maybe just cut myself out of an achievement, not a secret ending?

Two, I jumped into some mysterious place that had some warnings like "you can't go back ,this is a big deal n stuff" and I had quests to go chat up someone first but the portal thingy was nearby to where I was and didn't feel like leaving and coming back. I hopped in, but remained pretty non-committal. The game seemed to acknowledge that I and my PC both don't know why or what we're doing besides "we can" which was nice, but everyone still pretty vague about everything. Lightbulb head guy null had an interesting proposition, talkin bout resurrecting homeboy Arduino and maybe hinting at a way to reverse entropy or galactic death? Maybe I'm reading into it b/c I'm all about reversing universal end.

Anyway, guess I'm not really asking for any spoilers, still having fun just flyin around doin my thang.

I want to get a new S-class ship, I think I can afford one now maybe. Just gotta find one II think looks cool and is S-class lol, haven't seen once since I could start to afford one. My guess is that the big hulkin ships that look like hosed-up Serenitys are the best ones with most space? Presumably the ugly x-wing looking ships are fighters with less space and the all the alien orb ones are the whacky ships? I got some pretty boring looking offbrand millenium falcon looking thing now, wanna replace it was some cool big lookin colourful deal.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Yes, it seems you died, no other penalty in normal game mode. There are actually various death-related player titles, like "the Reckless" if you die from fall damage. You can find them in appearance modifier that is on every station.

S-class ships are rare, but rare tiny spherical ships with few wings are always S-class, there are also living ships. There are many different bonuses, alien orbs have better jump range and larger ships have more cargo space in general. But you can upgrade cargo and tech slots once you have lot of credits (or if you scrap lot of ships) and you can upgrade ship class for a lot of nanites.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah the hauler classes will have the most space without having to upgrade them yourself but every ship can be upgraded to the same inventory size. Most safe planets will have storms that can kill you so if you wanna go afk either sit in your ship or dig yourself a hole in the ground.

A fair warning about ships though, you'll always find a cooler one and you can have 8 ships in your freighter so if you see another one you like just buy that without selling your other one until you decide it's definitely cooler.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

How do you get the living ships?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arghy posted:

Yeah the hauler classes will have the most space without having to upgrade them yourself but every ship can be upgraded to the same inventory size. Most safe planets will have storms that can kill you so if you wanna go afk either sit in your ship or dig yourself a hole in the ground.

A fair warning about ships though, you'll always find a cooler one and you can have 8 ships in your freighter so if you see another one you like just buy that without selling your other one until you decide it's definitely cooler.

Is it 8? Whenever I reach six it tells me I have to exchange ships.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arghy posted:

Oh that's a good point. I can always get a big beefer for easy megahauling while I look for a ship I just like aesthetically to upgrade. As I upgrade inventory and have my freighter and exocraft n such it's been less of an issue. I have a row of exosuit inventory dedicated to minerals i basically always be picking up or use for random tasks.

Regarding multi-tools, I've got a max-slot big gun multitool for a while, still have some tech slots but I was wondering if it'd be worthwhile to get another type of multitool for more specific tasks or if the big one should cover it. I reckon I'll want to pick just one weapon and alternate fire, to focus upgrades and also it's annoying to toggle through many things when trying to switch to mining beam or terrain crumbler.

Question: How the gently caress do I use a portable mining doohickey? I've found multiple mineral hotspots, go right to the spot perfectly, and it still won't let me build. I figured maybe it was buried deep, so I made a huge crater... still nothing there and couldn't place my thing. Tried at a different hotspot, deepest crater I could make and nowhere it could be placed. I think I just saw another blueprint I've yet to get that is for what I was surveying before. I think this thing I already have I pop down directly onto an exposed node instead of mining it by hand.

edit: Oh goddangit, I was on a Nexus mission but went AFK to call my dads, came back comp was asleep and restarted the game since it reopened on wrong monitor and wouldnt swap. It just lost the whole mission? Spent like an hour scanning this awful planet, all for a measly 250 quicksilver i wont get, mini-boo, lesson learned

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Started playing this again a few weeks ago after... 4 years or so. It's really good now! Played for 20 hours or so already, got a nice base, a great A-class multitool and an OKish starship.

Two notable things happened so far:

-I started grinding the space battle for a good freighter and got a 33/9 A-class after only 3 tries! The value is something like 140 million. So that was really lucky.

-While running around on a random planet, I suddenly found 5 Starship AI valves in my inventory. I still have no idea where they came from. Worth 250 million spacebux, I guess I'm rich now?