Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zero One posted:

Of course his ‘new look’ was just a long setup for this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3XnKr0lvDw

at this point, the short hair looks weirder to me than the mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ok Comboomer posted:

How the Internet Turned on the McElroys?

Idk that seems pretty apt, considering that all the Reddit groups seem to be more about making GBS threads on the brothers these days than actually celebrating their content

To be fair it's WAY closer to How A Small Handful of Very Vocal People Way Too Invested in the Lives of Podcasters Turned on Them.

Like imagine making the McElroys part of your whole identity.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

sticklefifer posted:

Like imagine making the McElroys part of your whole identity.

dude, have you met the subset of fans that write fanfic about them? that want to gently caress them? there’s literally a FetLife group about the McElroys/MaxFun. If you happen to be on that site, look it up.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

*Hand gestures to this website, who's users affectionately and otherwise assume an identity as a 'goon'.*

People make a lot of things their identity. & write weird fetish fan fic about it too. As far as things go, probably better the McElory's than a lot of other stuff (4chan, cough cough).

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

*Hand gestures to this website, who's users affectionately and otherwise assume an identity as a 'goon'.*

People make a lot of things their identity. & write weird fetish fan fic about it too. As far as things go, probably better the McElory's than a lot of other stuff (4chan, cough cough).

duhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Choosing to read that like it's the Law and Order theme music.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

The World Inferno posted:

making your identity near totally about one thing is bad but making your identity about controlling the behaviour of people you don't know but who make something you like is much worse compared to a largely benign place on the net you enjoy spending your time

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

How has noone ever posted any fetlife McElroy slash fic in this thread. That feels very something awful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

haha that would be so gross and crazy. But what if someone actually did it haha

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"it's time to find out if you really are a sexpert" Hayden whispered sensually, one hand already wrapped around the base of the Shure SM7B while the other hand gently cupped the Crown Royal bag of dice

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
time to purge the thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bonaventure posted:

time to purge the thread

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Good work, everybody, we ruined this thread much quicker than the last one

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Empty Sandwich posted:

"it's time to find out if you really are a sexpert" Hayden whispered sensually, one hand already wrapped around the base of the Shure SM7B while the other hand gently cupped the Crown Royal bag of dice

I've been saving up for a Shure SM7B, but you've just ruined that ambition for me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

I've been saving up for a Shure SM7B, but you've just ruined that ambition for me.

Lie back and think of Travis

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I can't believe Travis retweeted lewd fanfic

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Bip Roberts posted:

Good idea. The most anti-sexual thoughts possible.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bip Roberts posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

the Yaddle Rig but it’s the above photo^^

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
“Thank Travis For Travis”
3,471 words
Tags: m/m, duplication, cloning, sexpert

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Things I just learned which you must now also learn because actually it's less bad than I thought it would be: AO3 rolls polygon and McElroy fic together into one category, there are just over 300 fics, fully half of them are BDG/Patrick Gill, about 50 are griffin/nick robinson and no other McElroys are involved in ships in any of the other fics in the category.

So basically McElroy fandom is actually doing okay!

Please don't tell me if I missed a different category full of McElroy incest.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Tell me more about the funny internet man smut

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

My brother my brother in me.

I’m so sorry.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Warbird posted:

I’m so sorry.
You're not

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Enter my brother...

...at checkout.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Slash my brother

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
real person fic is a loving scourge and one of ao3's most massive failures as a project

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How about a real person fic where Q makes Picard and Sir Patrick Stewart switch places, that would be fun

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How about a real person fic where Q makes Picard and Sir Patrick Stewart switch places, that would be fun

Sir Patrick would just talk Q into making everyone's clothes fall off, he's very problematic

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

On the subject of notorious fandoms, this basically happened in canon to the main characters of Supernatural.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

wizzardstaff posted:

“Thank Travis For Travis”
3,471 words
Tags: m/m, duplication, cloning, sexpert

It’s better, it’s better with two

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There's been at least one pair of TOS stories (written back in the 60s/70s) where the actors and characters switched places due to a transporter accident and I'd be astonished if there weren't similar TNG stories.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

So Galaxy Quest?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

real person fic is a loving scourge and one of ao3's most massive failures as a project

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

real person fic is a loving scourge

But enough about the bible!:catholic:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

a pipe smoking dog posted:

So Galaxy Quest?

No in Galaxy quest there isn't a real Taggart

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

I watch a lot of Tik-Toks of teens who claim to have Disassociative Identity Disorder and the other day I saw a video of someone who claimed to have 400+ headmates including Justin, Travis, Griffin, Clint, and most of the main cast members from every season of TAZ.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I watch a lot of Tik-Toks of teens who claim to have Disassociative Identity Disorder and the other day I saw a video of someone who claimed to have 400+ headmates including Justin, Travis, Griffin, Clint, and most of the main cast members from every season of TAZ.

drat graduation must've been rough for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
DID doesn't work that way? Things get compartmentalized due to traumatic experiences, a lot of work has to go into integrating the person's thoughts and feelings, it's not pick and choose who lives in your head.