Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

number 1 snake fan posted:

I think i got it in this thread :laffo:

i started this toilet of a thread and have somehow avoided a red text :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

:worship:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

gbs but from 2004 posted:

i started this toilet of a thread and have somehow avoided a red text :agesilaus:

Pfffft

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
:lmao:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

gbs but from 2004 posted:

This was in no way predicable

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

HAha I was going to buy them an Av that said "President of Reddit" with that weird Reddit logo or maybe a narwhal and some Reddit flair icons but that works too.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
BACON POINTS

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

quote:

Sleep is necessary for system maintenance.

You are a soul. Without your human form, you are pure conscious awareness, egoless and boundless, without a human brain limiting you to this simulated reality.

Thank you for participating in this simulation. Because you are currently a human, there are certain limitations in this physical reality:

* Light speed
* Planck length
* Nutrient consumption
* System maintenance
* Poop.

Please do not attempt to stay awake longer than the recommended maintenance interval. Attempts may cause:

* TMDC errors (loss of "friends")
* Unintended downloads
* Malformed data-streams
* Suprasensory artifacting
* System failure.

Do not make unnecessary choices.

Do not create unnecessary thoughts.

Free will is limited to the range of experiences defined in the contract.

Man Reddit has some weird communities.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gonna need to know what that one is chief

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna need to know what that one is chief

I think it's something like IRLquest or something like that

The premise being that irl is a MMO game everyone is playing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

what about the zombie island movie???? the monsters were real there

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jestery posted:

Nope!

It was r/retconned.

I pull from like three subs in here most of the time.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Nice titties, Nathen.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Why that stylistic choice for Scooby? That's just a photo of a dog

Eugh, at least commit to the bit

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I'm assuming it's based on the live action movies.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Eighties ZomCom posted:

I'm assuming it's based on the live action movies.

That's EVEN WORSE because one of the real movies had a machine that made real monsters.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That's EVEN WORSE because one of the real movies had a machine that made real monsters.

And who MADE THE MACHINE, smart guy?

Honestly it's painful how these deeper themes and meanings inherent in the scooby doo live action movies fly over the heads of you ignorant philistines

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

.nm

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Jestery posted:

That’s the premise of TierZoo https://youtu.be/0hNb0sD7bD8

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
There is also a subreddit with that premise by the name of /r/outside
Despite apparently existing since 2009 it seems to mostly consist of the same jokes over and over again

(God i hope this one is is fake)

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

RFC2324 posted:

This was in no way predicable

should have seen that coming really

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There is also a subreddit with that premise by the name of /r/outside
Despite apparently existing since 2009 it seems to mostly consist of the same jokes over and over again

(God i hope this one is is fake)

also Jesus Christ

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Nope!
It was r/retconned.
One of the mods there is a horror fiction writer/youtuber who started pandering to the mandela effect crowd in /r/nosleep, then branched out into "serious" offbeat subreddits posting more of the same as non-fiction, realised "holy poo poo these people believe every word I say", started spamming all the "spiritual" subs with his fake life story of being from another dimension, started another youtube channel to capitalize off the suckers, and scrubbed all links with his original "professional" writer's account from his posting history when someone pointed out what he was doing.

There's an incredibly deep pool of marks for spiritual frauds to draw on in reddit. It's incredible to see in action how cold reading techniques can be so effective at eliciting a response on that platform, to the point that automated bots can and do perform the trick.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 23, 2021

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma posted:

And who MADE THE MACHINE, smart guy?

Honestly it's painful how these deeper themes and meanings inherent in the scooby doo live action movies fly over the heads of you ignorant philistines

Sorry, you will have to use another cartoon's narrative to explain it to me. Maybe something like an anime or something. You know, something I get

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Sausages posted:

One of the mods there is a horror fiction writer/youtuber who started pandering to the mandela effect crowd in /r/nosleep, then branched out into "serious" offbeat subreddits posting more of the same as non-fiction, realised "holy poo poo these people believe every word I say", started spamming all the "spiritual" subs with his fake life story of being from another dimension, started another youtube channel to capitalize off the suckers, and scrubbed all links with his original "professional" writer's account from his posting history when someone pointed out what he was doing.

There's an incredibly deep pool of marks for spiritual frauds to draw on in reddit. It's incredible to see in action how cold reading techniques can be so effective at eliciting a response on that platform, to the point that automated bots can and do perform the trick.

I think its worth saying that that isn't unique to reddit. Goons are some of the most credulous people on the internet, we just fall for different stuff than the bulk of the population.

Reddit is useful because its big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the internet having world that also self-categorizes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

I think its worth saying that that isn't unique to reddit. Goons are some of the most credulous people on the internet, we just fall for different stuff than the bulk of the population.

Reddit is useful because its big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the internet having world that also self-categorizes

Know what else is big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the internet having world? Youre mother

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Biplane posted:

Know what else is big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the internet having world? Youre mother

gently caress. Just her rear end is big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the world

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i think im having a microcosm

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

RFC2324 posted:

gently caress. Just her rear end is big enough to be an accurate microcosm of the world

You are mom’s rear end and “micro” anything don’t belong in the same sentence. LOL

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

Golden Dragon posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
:allears:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cops should only be allowed to carry gay pride guns that shoot green apple jolly ranchers and threaten people with not shooting them.

SIR GET ON THE GROUND OR YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANY CANDY

I also think all pigs should have to drive high viz pink smartcars with big rainbow flags attached so that they are easier to spot on the highway. safer for everyone and hella inclusive

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I truly do not "get" reddit. On a functional level. I have only posted there a few times but I had something cool I wanted to post and filled it with links and pictures and then I post it and only the text is there :wtf: and what an unwieldy way to browse things. Maybe I am just an idiot but I find so much about reddit completely confusing. Also you can't even preview poo poo to see what the post will look like?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 26, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Reddit is a badly made website. If you include the old version, the mobile version and the app it's four badly made websites, each terrible in their own unique ways.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
The people at r/retconned coined the term "mandanimal" for animals that they believe were introduced into the timeline instead of always existing.

It makes me want to post a photo of romanesco broccoli with the title "now this is getting TOO obvious".

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

veni veni veni posted:

I truly do not "get" reddit. On a functional level. I have only posted there a few times but I had something cool I wanted to post and filled it with links and pictures and then I post it and only the text is there :wtf: and what an unwieldy way to browse things. Maybe I am just an idiot but I find so much about reddit completely confusing. Also you can't even preview poo poo to see what the post will look like?

I got hooked on it as platform for niche topical discussion (drugchat) when it had the old layout, which you can still access with the old.reddit domain. Reddit is now just lovely facebook lite with the false pretense of anonymity. Also it's full of drug dealers and scammers and the admins aren't very active in policing that side of things when their spam filters fail.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Yeah, I still use it for some niche hobby or video game discussion, but outside of that it's just social media for people who think they're too cool for social media or think reddit is somehow more anonymous than Facebook just because their username isn't their actual name.

Every time I try reading r/all it's just astroturfing, bots with millions of karma from reposting memes 24/7 that are probably gonna be sold to astroturfers, and people posting direly personal poo poo that should absolutely not be shared on loving reddit, like "here's a picture of my child/grandma/dog dying of cancer, upvotes please!"

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
My micropenis is cumming in your mom’s rear end lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://old.reddit.com/r/NoNewNormal/comments/o7zgfq/you_guys_were_right_about_masks_i_am_eating_crow/

Also front page

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i used to think that /r/outside was just a cycling group of 12-14 year olds that were regurgitating the same joke cause they just heard it for the first time
but after reading those really sad posts by some really sad people, i'm just glad that they found a place to discuss their issues from a distance that they're comfortable with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Reddit absolutely sucks as a discussion "forum" or for any sort of chatting/bullshitting around with strangers on the internet.

It's good for looking up info, news and memes though