Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
something something youth development season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Despite crushing all but one game so far, my DV is in the toilet even with my average age hanging out at about 26. Yikes.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I've peaked too early and my form is now in the toilet, but it's a fun season (especially when it's only 10 games).

My 23/6 who was very lucky to make the cut having bonkers form and dominating has been the most bizarre thing to come out of the 5 games so far.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

It don't matter. None of this matters.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dragongem posted:

Hm, not having 3 players available for the one match I must win at all costs to avenge prior humiliation is not good.

Quote this post when I lose both fixtures to ephex :v:

You clearly bribed the ref for that late pen imo

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
when you set your style to 'cautious' and your opponent is on 'offensive' and yet you win 4-0... that's good, right? Asking for a friend

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Think end of season is when I really need to splash some cash. Should have about 10m saved by then. Two solid players for that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
My idiot children managed a second win on the trot, maybe I'm not getting relegated after all. Yey!

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

Hi all, it's been fun but I've got to duck out from managing Edgecom FC. Life is intruding. It's a good team with a lot of potential I never quite unlocked. Thanks for all the ridiculous match days!

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma

Canasta_Nasty posted:

Hi all, it's been fun but I've got to duck out from managing Edgecom FC. Life is intruding. It's a good team with a lot of potential I never quite unlocked. Thanks for all the ridiculous match days!

Was hoping for a few more matches against Edgecom but understand. Best of luck to you sir

Rapner
May 7, 2013

is anyone here Laceratedsky or Deadtom? Got some people applying to take over Edgecom FC

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Last match of the season HYPE!!! Mr Taupe is coming right down to the wire. Both Balamb FC and Capitalist Pigs face two very tough opponents for their final match-ups--potential upset in the making?. While Grasshopper Club Zurich can be a sneaky opponent, I believe Tenbux LFC should be able to grab victory. The hurdle for Tenbux to overcome Capitalist Pigs' three-goal differential is real though. We are looking at a 4-goal result to possibly tie, and a 5-goal result to compete with CP for the #1 spot in Mr Taupe B. Both are going to be extremely hard to find with Grasshoppers' stout defense.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

ephex posted:

You clearly bribed the ref for that late pen imo

Gotta spend that money on something!

Dissapointed I couldn't beat Uzh at home. That's what I get for trying to focus a bit too much on development. At least most of my kids are doing well, though my 20/8 is only at a +3 :(

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
One of my youths was on +1 after playing 7out of 8 games (one missed through suspension) so gently caress that guy he's dead to me now. Hopefully I'll be able to recoup 100k or something pathetic on him next week.

I guess it's the hidden cost of youths. Spend millions on them season after season but one here or there will suddenly die.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Going to have to do attempt #2 at my defense rebuild. Rest of the team has taken shape and this season's DV isn't amazing, but yikes my defense is still horrible.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Flayer posted:

One of my youths was on +1 after playing 7out of 8 games (one missed through suspension) so gently caress that guy he's dead to me now. Hopefully I'll be able to recoup 100k or something pathetic on him next week.

I guess it's the hidden cost of youths. Spend millions on them season after season but one here or there will suddenly die.

There's also a random event that will suspend a player for 3 games, I had that happen to a youth player recently who had just recovered from an injury and it was a real bummer. If they're under 20 you can usually get them up to something decent with the time remaining, but if their form is poo poo then forget about it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

There's also a random event that will suspend a player for 3 games, I had that happen to a youth player recently who had just recovered from an injury and it was a real bummer. If they're under 20 you can usually get them up to something decent with the time remaining, but if their form is poo poo then forget about it.

I had this happen to a promising midfielder last season and they ended upg etting sacked.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Flayer posted:

My best youth, Stewart the Bowman, really let me down this season. The rest of the team's looking alright.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

My squad slaps.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Aww, my best player is retiring and he just scored a hat trick in the final home game. :smith:

edit: lol just noticed they were his only goals for the whole season, don't let the door hit you on the way out buddy!

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 24, 2021

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
7 full games and my 18 year old striker ends on -3 DV. Horrendous change report coming up.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
One of my youths is gone and another one is borderline. Not particularly looking forward to this change report. Seems like having an average age of 22 in matches is not ideal even if they play the whole season, time to get the clowns in.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Ooof, that last game killed my team's form.

Not thrilled on the season. I was hoping to go up, but losing to Uzh at home killed any real chance.

Some +6 and +7s, but too many ended on +4. My 21/7 midfielder ended on a +2... he might be on his way out. Everyone else is still salvageable, though I'm bummed my 20/8 forward only had a +3. Curse of bad form, maybe lazy on training.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 24, 2021

Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover
Overall I can't say I'm displeased with the season, but my Unicorn Power will have two of the top players retiring at the end of the season.
My defense will need to be rebuilt when the new season starts.
That said, I can't wait to be slaughtered in Serie Goon next season.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

"Baladi Uranga is a keen user of eBay. Last night he won an auction for an acoustic guitar which is a massive bargain. When the guitar arrives it is in mint condition. Baladi Uranga is so pleased with his purchase he gains some form."

It's the little things, honestly.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Pretty much everyone got +5 on my squad. Not great, not terrible.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I've gotta drop out of the league -- what with life and planning a big move and such, I haven't had time to devote to the good lads at FC Guillotine.

Thank you all for a good time, and maybe someone else can give the team the winning record they deserve!

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
My entire team had a bad season, yet somehow I beat the Geese 4-1 on the last day to guarantee safety and climb to third?

Best I got was +4s and a +5. Lots around 0 and my oldies are going to crash and burn. Next year will be awful.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm thinking next season I might try the strategy of a couple of real old codgers to keep the average age up. Talking 38+yr olds and paying whats worth it just for 1 season value.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Masonity posted:

My entire team had a bad season, yet somehow I beat the Geese 4-1 on the last day to guarantee safety and climb to third?

Best I got was +4s and a +5. Lots around 0 and my oldies are going to crash and burn. Next year will be awful.

I threw most of my kids out there to try and squeeze a little more DV and I think it legit backfired, my form collapsed D:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Dragongem posted:

I threw most of my kids out there to try and squeeze a little more DV and I think it legit backfired, my form collapsed D:

Yeah, I had a great season results wise but I did the same and all it achieved was form bars dropping left and right.

I had a 22/7 mid play 9 full games and end up on -1 which is a heartbreaker. My older guys actually all fared a lot better. Might have to raid the retirement home in the off-season to get that average age up.

E: What's the trick for form training for the change report? Is it just before your last game?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Last season the change report was 3 days after the last game so set all your youths training the day before the last game (Wednesday for our season). The change report seems to happen at a weird late hour so if you trained on the Tuesday then the training would finish before the CR hit.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

The CR comes at 11pm EST on the "Season End" date (or 3am GMT the day after), this is also the time the transfer window opens up. If you pull up the transfer market it should tell you how many hours until the transfer market opens and you can use that to time your training. So that's 6 hours from this post.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Time to focus on building I think and maybe drop down a league. Serie Goon got hard!

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
Come on CR! My three youth hopefuls hit 6, 8, and 8 DV so hoping for at least two double jumps.

Open for some form boosting friendlies as well please feel free to challenge.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Stats time!
Disclaimer: I did the thing again where I subtract the money spent on new players from each team's squad value to try to focus on the change report. (A few teams have already splashed millions on the transfer market.)

Most valuable squad: Honking Geese FC

Most improved squad (% value gained): The Numpties

Most improved squad (total value gained): Honking Geese FC

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Yee Valley :stare:

My CR was a little underwhelming, which bears out in those stats.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

:lol: I had to double check my math when I saw that. He lost a top player to an early retirement which I'm sure hurt him, but at least he seems to have a lot of money saved up, already splashed a few million and still #6 on this list:

Shadowlz! :argh:

Might as well post these for those curious:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
CR Summary:

Bad:
Castinha not skilling up on a +3 hurts.
Jesus de Costa still super average and boring.
Couple youths are in "eh" territory.

Good:
Batata got a skill up on a +1, nice for him.
Defense looking solid too.
Midfield improving overall, Wingflap double jumping is nice given he started at 18/4.
Saunders is a 19/8 (!!!!!!)

It's basically the 21/8 squad for days now, except Robbie Saunders who wants to transcend this mortal plane. He's literally worth 8 million econ, which is 25% of my squad value.

Wishlist is a new veteran defender, maybe a more solid GK youth, and then maybe a 28-29 year old midfielder to round the age out. Think I can get into SG this season for sure.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Double jump on my 17/4 defender to a solid 18/6.