Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like watching secret base vids but i don't like the guy who is the star of the first 1/3 of them. what are ya gonna do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

The secret base miniseries produced exclusively for me has started. :sickos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNC3Z_xirM

two things:

ted stepien was very loving stupid

if jon bois and rob sheridan teamed up i think it would open a time vortex back to the mid 80s

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
i havent been here in years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i havent been here in years

welcome back, you must have come because you heard news of my great posts and wrestling opinions.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the grocery store i've lived a block away from for 8 years is closing, guess i'm ordering delivery forever now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Was thinking about this post again at work today

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If y'all have HBOMax I HIGHLY recommend looking up the documentary "Buena Vista Social Club". The music is beautiful and the stories of those musicians are fascinating. I only ever listened to the album of the same name almost 20 years ago.

Also getting a look at a Cuba still under embargo and definitely not a tourist destination is also really cool.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

The secret base miniseries produced exclusively for me has started. :sickos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBNC3Z_xirM

Stepien reminded of Maurizio Zamparini, who used to own Palermo in the Italian soccer leagues. He sacked the club manager on over 40 occasions across 15 years.

Of course if he'd tried to move the club he'd probably end up lynched.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

stepien may be a worse owner than daniel snyder

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jiro posted:

If y'all have HBOMax I HIGHLY recommend looking up the documentary "Buena Vista Social Club". The music is beautiful and the stories of those musicians are fascinating. I only ever listened to the album of the same name almost 20 years ago.

Also getting a look at a Cuba still under embargo and definitely not a tourist destination is also really cool.

that movie is also 20 years old, yo. Cuba's pretty chill if you don't try to overthrow the government. Or let absolute nutters escape from your prison.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

coconono posted:

that movie is also 20 years old, yo. Cuba's pretty chill if you don't try to overthrow the government. Or let absolute nutters escape from your prison.

Well yeah, in '96 no American was allowed there legally, unlike now, or when the time Bourdain filmed an ep and you see more and more tourism happening.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My daughter surprised me for Father's Day - she cooked me a steak Letterkenny style and we watched Night of the Creeps.

She's off to college in two years and it's starting to hit me.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Just watched the Rick and Morty premiere. It was good!

Didn't care much for Beth and Jerry's sex positivity subplot, but the execution and the payoff of the time dilation idea was great so I didn't really mind. Love that Morty's "reward" for causing a whole species to live in fear for millennia is that Jessica is touched by eternity and friendzones Morty before she stalks off into the night, screaming about time.

Only thing I didn't like about that plot was the Whoovie who went through the portal to kill Morty. They show him training his entire life and then he can't beat Morty in a fist fight? Maybe they felt they needed that to set up the SUCH A WASTE line, but I dunno if it was worth it.

It needs to be said that Morty really is a total loving rear end in a top hat in this one, killing indiscriminately and inciting terror just so he can get drunk with Jessica.

"Mr. Nimbus controls the police" sounds like something stupid that was just blurted out in the writer's room one day, and because it made everyone laugh they back-created a character that could be worthy of the catchphrase. I will say that I laughed hardest at "Am I in the right place? I just saw a bunch of cops having sex with each other...?" That and the last few seconds of the episode (where Mr. Nimbus, betrayed, beats the poo poo out of Rick and has him hauled off to jail) were my favorite bits.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

found this '77 Prince session and its great poo poo. I'm not a super huge Prince fan but he does a bunch of tight funky jazz numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOc2MzvqbN0

IDK what algorithm I hit but youtube's been suggesting a lot of 70s era music.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress Rick and Morty

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

found this '77 Prince session and its great poo poo. I'm not a super huge Prince fan but he does a bunch of tight funky jazz numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOc2MzvqbN0

IDK what algorithm I hit but youtube's been suggesting a lot of 70s era music.

I am a huge Prince fan but I hadn't heard this thanks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

morty is a pretty hardened soldier by this point even tho he turns it off in regular life. been through too much to be a dumb little kid who can't do anything. just masterful character development. up there with bart sampson

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I'm a food stamp case worker. Part of the SNAP program. When there is a disaster the federal government can approve disaster snap benefits (DSNAP) for non snap recipients to get some money if they meet the requirements. I've worked this job for 8 years. From 2013 I've done 3.

Since August 2020 to this loving week I've worked 10 god damned emergency missions related to DSNAP. I gotta get out of this state. This whole week I'm doing 12 hour days.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hope you aren't giving food stamps to people who like rick and marty

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

So I'm a food stamp case worker. Part of the SNAP program. When there is a disaster the federal government can approve disaster snap benefits (DSNAP) for non snap recipients to get some money if they meet the requirements. I've worked this job for 8 years. From 2013 I've done 3.

Since August 2020 to this loving week I've worked 10 god damned emergency missions related to DSNAP. I gotta get out of this state. This whole week I'm doing 12 hour days.

thank you for your service!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
prince is the greatest guitar player of all time

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

WatermelonGun posted:

it's true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WatermelonGun posted:

For his style, yeah. greatest guitar player of all time is Django Reinhardt and this isn't up for debate.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

coconono posted:

For his style, yeah. greatest guitar player of all time is Django Reinhardt and this isn't up for debate.

Please dont post your tarantinoverse/overwatch oc slashfic in here, we are talking about real people only

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bluedeanie posted:

Please dont post your tarantinoverse/overwatch oc slashfic in here, we are talking about real people only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUiRtFRzbxQ

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jimi Hendrix is the best guitar player of all time. Prince is definitely top 5 though. Is Django mario's grandfather all his music sounds like super mario and he looks like him

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the best jazz guitarist is sonny sharrock, who as you will note isn’t prince so he’s not the goat

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

the best jazz guitarist is sonny sharrock, who as you will note isn’t prince so he’s not the goat

"Sonny Sharrock never wanted to play guitar. He disliked the instrument when he first tried it out, as a 20-year-old in 1960, and he remained stubbornly committed to that attitude even after he’d radically expanded its expressive possibilities, remade it to suit his vision, established himself as one of the greatest ever to play it. Or so he claimed, to almost anyone who ever got him on the record, until just about the day he died. In 1970: “I hate the guitar, man.” In 1989: “I don’t like guitar, I don’t like it at all.” In 1991, two months after the release of his last and greatest album: “I don’t like it.” In 1992: “I despise the sound of the guitar.” In 1993, less than a year before his death: “I didn’t like the instrument very much.”"

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

"Sonny Sharrock never wanted to play guitar. He disliked the instrument when he first tried it out, as a 20-year-old in 1960, and he remained stubbornly committed to that attitude even after he’d radically expanded its expressive possibilities, remade it to suit his vision, established himself as one of the greatest ever to play it. Or so he claimed, to almost anyone who ever got him on the record, until just about the day he died. In 1970: “I hate the guitar, man.” In 1989: “I don’t like guitar, I don’t like it at all.” In 1991, two months after the release of his last and greatest album: “I don’t like it.” In 1992: “I despise the sound of the guitar.” In 1993, less than a year before his death: “I didn’t like the instrument very much.”"

owns so hard

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

thank you for your service!

lol I don't want to be of service anymore!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

Excuse me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGf5NxLQoEo&t=134s

Though speaking seriously, I think Tony Iommi is the best guitarist and Mark Shelton is my favorite, but they obviously play a style that appeals to me more than Hendrix or Prince or other jazz guitarists or whatever.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 21, 2021

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
J.Mascis certainly belongs in the greatest guitar man conversation, as do BB King, Ike Turner and Frank Zappa

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I will not be tricked or coerced into saying nice things about Ike Turner

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/E2aQ4gVsSL8

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrBZZtGFgI

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Eddie Van Halen is a GOAT but I was raised in a Hagar Household so that is also not something I can bring myself to say proudly or with vigor

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I like it when they make sounds with the guitar. Sounds real good imho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk about best guitar player ever but i saw paco de lucia live when i was a student and it was incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I was going through my post history itt to find something and instead found this tragic little time capsule

Bluedeanie posted:

I'm about as excited for VtM Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk 42069 as mild to moderate depression and the general state of affairs will allow me to be

:negative: