Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

put me in coach, I'm ready to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Xbox: Bukle Up

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do they let you customize an elite controller?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think the new Xbox controller is my favorite controller I've ever used. It would be made even sweeter if I could have "RIP John 'Scatman' Larkin 1942 - 1999" printed on it

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Do they let you customize an elite controller?

No, it's just the standard Series X/S model controller.

janesirober
Jun 18, 2021
Do we know if they are going to release a new Elite controller for the new consoles?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

janesirober posted:

Do we know if they are going to release a new Elite controller for the new consoles?

they refreshed the elite after like 3-4 years with version 2. i assume after that one gets old they'll do the same thing but its only been out a little while as of now (q4 2019)

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

janesirober posted:

Eventually there will be an Elite Series 3, but the only feature missing right now that I can think of is the screenshot button. I don't think they will rush one to market.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Patents "only" last 20 years so its also not impossible Microsoft will try to run out the back paddle patent especially since Sony is trying to get their attachment design patented separately

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Zerot posted:

Eventually there will be an Elite Series 3, but the only feature missing right now that I can think of is the screenshot button. I don't think they will rush one to market.

It'd be neat if the profile switch button could be remapped to screenshot because I actually use that. Wonder if it would be possible for them to update that via firmware.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I picked up the new xbox wireless headphones and I am really loving them. I think they are very good for the $99 pricetag.

You use dials on the sides for volume in game and party chat!!!!!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Design lab still doesn't let you make both sticks a different color :negative:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Design lab still doesn't let you make both sticks a different color :negative:
Yeah or colour the face buttons! The choice of face buttons is the most deficient part of it IMO, especially since their non-custom coloured controllers all come with coloured buttons specific to that controller.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I asked this in Imp Zone the other day, but I might as well ask here too: I want to get one of those chatpads or typepads or whatever because I end up tweeting out so many drat clips and screenshots while I play, and typing on the on-screen keyboard with a joystick is pain. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good option that fits well on the Series controller, or should I try and hunt down one of the official Xbone ones?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

The Kins posted:

I asked this in Imp Zone the other day, but I might as well ask here too: I want to get one of those chatpads or typepads or whatever because I end up tweeting out so many drat clips and screenshots while I play, and typing on the on-screen keyboard with a joystick is pain. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good option that fits well on the Series controller, or should I try and hunt down one of the official Xbone ones?

I don't know if the official one works on series controller but I have it on a bone one and its really nice.

esp if you use headsets as it gives you audio control right there

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

The Kins posted:

The official chatpad works with Series controllers. I think it has been discontinued for a while so it may be a little challenging to find one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Finally got around to getting remote play going from series x to pc. After using it for a while I have no idea why they haven't released this yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Plug any keyboard into the xbox

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

Finally got around to getting remote play going from series x to pc. After using it for a while I have no idea why they haven't released this yet.

It was kind of rough for me but I was trying to play the show.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Kins posted:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/TYX-587-OIVO-2-4G-Wireless_60810669400.html
https://www.amazon.ca/MoKo-Backlight-Keyboard-Receiver-Controller/dp/B0777FLHJP
https://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Backlight-Keyboard-Receiver-Controller/dp/B0777HZ5KK

I picked up a rebranded version of that one the other day from Amazon for my Series controller and it seems decent enough. The fit isn't as secure as the old 360 chatpad because the controller doesn't have any screw holes to snap into, so I put some sticky tack on the parts where it meets the controller handle to make it a solid fit. I don't use the headphone port so I can't speak to its build quality, but the buttons feel decent and have a good click to them. Not as stiff as the official 360 chatpad, which I think is nice for hotkeys but might lead to increased fat-fingering during regular typing.

It doesn't have as many extra features as the official chatpad like volume control or tons of symbol keys, and the shifted bottom row is a bit unintuitive if you're used to more standard grid keyboards where the Z key is below the S key. The most annoying thing is that you can't permanently turn off the backlight; you can press shift+space to turn it off when it activates while you're typing, but after the ten second sleep period it'll light back up again the next time you use it. There's a bunch of different versions of that chatpad from the same factory so you can find ones that have no backlight if it bugs you, the product number is always some variation of TYX-58[x].

I stopped using it since the bottom of the chatpad doesn't contour to the same shape as the controller handles like the old 360 one, and I was getting cramps because I couldn't grip the controller the way I normally do. I would have preferred the official one because I have a feeling the ergonomics would be better, but those have been discontinued for years.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I find the official Xbox one chatpads at goodwill from time to time. When I get back to town I might snag a few and if people are interested I’ll help with acquisitions.

I haven’t used mine in forever because the sound is rear end with it but now that I’m using my official series x/s headset that’s probably not an issue.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I picked up the new xbox wireless headphones and I am really loving them. I think they are very good for the $99 pricetag.

You use dials on the sides for volume in game and party chat!!!!!

They are so good, absolutely love them. Using them for both discord via my phone and game sound at the same time is great.

I have played so much knockout city now, I’m level 95..... I can’t get enough of this game.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Crafty posted:

I have played so much knockout city now, I’m level 95..... I can’t get enough of this game.

I enjoyed it until I realised I don't have the zoomer reflexes required to catch the opposing team's ball consistently. :(

Probably doesn't help always going up against teams that spam passes to max out the ball speed though.

Fanatic fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jun 21, 2021

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Crafty posted:

I love that it's such a quick pick up and play kind of game. I can play for half an hour and fell satisfied compared to having to grind out solo random BR wins in Apex.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Fanatic posted:

I enjoyed it until I realised I don't have the zoomer reflexes required to catch the opposing team's ball consistently. :(

I’m 37 and I am kicking these little kids asses. Try league play, the people in the bottom league are all beginners and rarely teamed up at all.

Game changing tips I read:

1. Change the border warning to the thickest option - it now gives you a VERY obvious warning when there’s a ball coming. Combine this with maximum horizontal sensitivity, and you now know where every ball is coming from and can spin quickly to catch.

2. Change catch button from LT to LB (easily done in the ingame options) So much better and easier to time catches with a bumper than a whole dumb trigger pull. I have a lot more success catching now. LT for passing is perfect.

3. Sneak up close behind people and do a tap button throw, they get zero warning they are about to be hit. Works every single time and it’s easy if they are fighting your pals.

bushisms.txt posted:

I love that it's such a quick pick up and play kind of game. I can play for half an hour and fell satisfied compared to having to grind out solo random BR wins in Apex.

This is what I love about it too, I have hour and a half games or i can have twenty mins. My ping is usually a rock solid 20 too, which is excellent.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
When does that snowboarding game shown at the Xbox conference come out? That looked FRESH

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's currently listed as "December" which means probably not until middle next year lol.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Noob Saibot posted:

When does that snowboarding game shown at the Xbox conference come out? That looked FRESH

American McGay posted:

It's currently listed as "December" which means probably not until middle next year lol.
The way they announced the release date in the trailer was amusingly honest about this: "We've got a good feeling about December 2021..."

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
In the meantime that Ubisoft X-Games party game looks kinda cool, and Steep is currently on Game Pass.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

wow big ups on recommending Knockout City, having a blast dicking around with this game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/21/kojima-gets-help-from-kim-swift/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Clown

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got bored and made console themed controllers.
Imgur Album

XBOX 360

PS1

PS2

Dreamcast

Super Famicom

N64

And an unforgettable classic... the Nokia N-Gage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIEOF-Aa1Rk

oh no no no

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

hahahah loving *wow*

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Things like this make me think I should try making a game. Because I bet I could make that mistake in programming something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

phew, glad I didn't pre-order this. now to take a big sip of water and check this email from ebgames that just came in

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance

PC Gamer: 82

A furiously entertaining action RPG whose horrible monsters are a delight to slay, whether you're playing solo or co-op.

PC Invasion: 35

Dull and clunky, this is one hell of a weak, uninspired action game that's plagued with poor design choices and technical issues.

TrueAchievements: 90

Overall, Dungeons & Dragon: Dark Alliance is a fantastic example of a third-person action RPG, offering a great amount of story and lore through varying missions. With only a few minor setbacks aside, I’d have no problem saying that Tuque Games has brought my Drizzt Do’Urden and companions fantasies to life in all of the best ways. I’ll be seeing this game through to the very end without a shadow of a doubt, and have no issue recommending it to anybody that enjoys action RPGs. Grab some buddies and head to Icewind Dale — you won’t regret it!

GamingTrend: 60

Infested with bugs from start to finish, Dark Alliance is a button mashing affair that drops the 5E rules in favor of flash. The bosses are great, but the parts in between less so. Here’s hoping developer Tuque can pull this out of the Deep Wastes with their post-launch plans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Game reviewers getting frustrated by something is usually a good indication of it being pretty alright.