Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

He should go to the public courts on Lombard St and hustle randos the way Embiid used to (and still does?) during the off-season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

I’m excited for next season already

It will be fun to see what morey can do with the sixers.

laughing with my friends.... NBA: I love it!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

It goes all the way to the top, probably

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the only Sixers fan I’ve seen criticizing the refs over Simmons/Rivers is Joel Embiid

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s me then

the Venn digram is a perfect circle

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you gave up your Sixers fandom, you don’t count

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

yeah blame for the sixers losing is pretty much

Simmons <=> Doc > anyone not named Embiid or Curry not being able to hit shots for big stretches > refs

the idea that the refs were decisive in that is mythmaking from a team playing like absolute dogshit and not because their opponent is a top defensive team

at a minimum, all they had to do was have the hometown announcer introduce Gnouy Eart for the Hawks. there's no way he'd be able to get a flight back from Oklahoma in time, even with his private jet waiting

i know it's bad sportsmanship but this is the playoffs, you take whatever advantage you can get

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the “refs aren’t important” line is propaganda and a fake thought fans have . it’s ideology that they use because they don’t want to accept the refs throw games and series . there is no support for the idea that “refs don’t decide games or series” it’s a liberal fantasy like voting or free speech or we can talk to nazis

all the big bettors who make money on nba games track refs and which refs are calling which games because that’s one of if not the most important aspect of a game beyond glaring stuff like is Kawhi Leonard’s knee in one piece

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

for gods sake the nba is currently having a rules committee come up with changes to the rules to stop the bull poo poo call trae gets because the refs are completely out of control and have no idea what basketball is

it’s not even a rules change it’s just a wording change because the refs are so bad or corrupt they can’t understand basketball

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 21, 2021

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

euphronius posted:

the “refs aren’t important” line is propaganda and a fake thought fans have . it’s ideology that they use because they don’t want to accept the refs throw games and series . there is no support for the idea that “refs don’t decide games or series” it’s a liberal fantasy like voting or free speech or we can talk to nazis

all the big bettors who make money on nba games track refs and which refs are calling which games because that’s one of if not the most important aspect of a game beyond glaring stuff like is Kawhi Leonard’s knee in one piece

Refs are bad and frequently screw up games = Correct

Refs specifically connived to eliminate the Sixers in order to elevate Trae Young = Totally deranged homer poo poo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes the rules do change to adapt to the current situation, that doesn’t mean anything Especial since Joel himself plays the ref game with his unashamed flopping

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

refs matter to gamblers because they can and do affect the point spread, and you'll note that I didn't say the refs had no impact

that the refs were decisive here is only possible because philly poo poo the bed in such a spectacular fashion that this series is gonna end up being remembered for being one of the worst playoff performances by a 1 seed ever

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

according to my calculations for last night’s game the refs had a 0.13 BSI (Ben Simmons Impact) on the outcome

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean yes the rules do change to adapt to the current situation, that doesn’t mean anything Especial since Joel himself plays the ref game with his unashamed flopping

and it didn’t work in the series but it did work for Trae young FOR SOME REASON

that was the whole series

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did Clint capela foul out of any games ? was he even ever in foul trouble ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if the refs were just bad the bad calls would even out over a 7 game series . hence the inference of corrupt bias because they defiantly did not even put

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

if the refs were just bad the bad calls would even out over a 7 game series

no they wouldn’t

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Joel’s flopping was rather sucessful and him and Curry were the only impactful players.

Coincidence? Naive fool

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

embiids free throw rate was under his regular season numbers and that includes the Washington series which was called evenly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

man it must rule that the Sixere are unbeatable without the refs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it obviously was not the only issue . Simmons was terrible and curry was a disaster on defense

Simmons losing his confidence was about 50% the refs tho

Embiid having one knee was also an issue

euphronius fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 21, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

man it must rule that the Sixere are unbeatable without the refs

this whole thread is fascinating because we're all engaging directly with the id of a philly homer

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

12 games isn’t a large enough sample size to conclude anything about how the refs called the series tbh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

please. superego

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

12 games isn’t a large enough sample size to conclude anything about how the refs called the series tbh

this is the same as when liberals were like “maybe trunp isn’t bad? let’s give him a chance. time will tell “

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

this is the same as when liberals were like “maybe trunp isn’t bad? let’s give him a chance. time will tell “

how so

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

one it’s dumb and two you are playing tricks with the level of proof so you never have to make a declaration of value. liberals eschew having to actually say things about the world because they are cowards.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

embiids free throw rate was under his regular season numbers and that includes the Washington series which was called evenly

Embiid regular season: 10.7 FTA
Embiid in the Hawks series: 11.7 FTA

you're loving deranged

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you can’t go off base FTAs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

blaming all your problems on others instead of self exploring is the democratic strategy right now

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

Yes you can

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it would be great if the Democrats called the GOP corrupt fascists which they don’t do (can’t do?) . it would bring needed moral clarity

I am calling the GOP corrupt nazis in this metaphor

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

yeah you also have to include uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh advanced ftas like adjusted for inflation

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
Sorry your snowflake center couldn't hack it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

please. superego

c'mon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

one it’s dumb and two you are playing tricks with the level of proof so you never have to make a declaration of value. liberals eschew having to actually say things about the world because they are cowards.

it’s not a trick it’s simple statistical analysis. Trump had a 30 year track record of being evil so they were deliberately ignoring mountains of evidence to make their proclamations. I’m saying there isn’t conclusive evidence

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Think Less posted:

Yes you can

just on a simple level if he is being fouled more often and the FTAs stay similar then it’s telling you that the refs are crooked not that they are calling it even or whatever you want in your liberal equality/ due process fantasies

they obviously call some fouls to cover their tracks from possible gambling investigations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

just on a simple level if he is being fouled more often and the FTAs stay similar then it’s telling you that the refs are crooked not that they are calling it even or whatever you want in your liberal equality fantasies

they obviously call some fouls to cover their tracks from possibly gambling investigations

Hmmm...no