Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi
Also why does half this forum live in the Pacific Northwest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Twenties Superstar posted:

Also why does half this forum live in the Pacific Northwest

It's very photogenic.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't live there, I just obsessively catalogue photography locations of the PNW from the middle of flyover country. Someday I'll make it out there and then be paralyzed with an overabundance of choice.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
It’s incredible here but it has made me really lazy. I barely even bother to get out of the car.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

just got back from a long drive, oregon -> idaho -> nevada -> utah -> colorado -> wyoming -> idaho -> oregon and i took a bunch of landscapes that might get posted in a year

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

bellows lugosi posted:

just got back from a long drive, oregon -> idaho -> nevada -> utah -> colorado -> wyoming -> idaho -> oregon and i took a bunch of landscapes that might get posted in a year

I'm rounding out my Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado trip. I think I'll have less delay. I hope.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm obsessively researching places to shoot for a Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas trip this fall.

I'm gonna be one of THOSE guys stomping around in the aspen forest above Crested Butte taking cliche fall photos.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

xzzy posted:

I'm obsessively researching places to shoot for a Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas trip this fall.

I'm gonna be one of THOSE guys stomping around in the aspen forest above Crested Butte taking cliche fall photos.

Better than what I did. Wife and 14 year old, so I took not a single photo before 8am or after 7 pm. I'm in a dark sky town today/tomorrow, so maybe a couple of night shots.

Wait....one low light, near dawn photo of a jack rabbit.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

i like all of those, especially the second one

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Sun over the rocks by B. B., on Flickr

Low Contrast Fence by B. B., on Flickr

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
I just got back from a week in Uluru national park, thought i would come home with 800 identical boring photos of rocks but everything is a different kind of beautiful from one minute to the next and 800 rock photos was not nearly enough

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rocks that are orange are a joy to shoot, they contrast so well with a blue sky and it's addictive.

(thanks, color wheel)

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A park bench at Uluru is obscene, nice shot.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

i want to take photos of that rock

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

SuicidalSmurf fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 10, 2021

a hot dad
Dec 2, 2018

maxe posted:

I just got back from a week in Uluru national park, thought i would come home with 800 identical boring photos of rocks but everything is a different kind of beautiful from one minute to the next and 800 rock photos was not nearly enough

Absolutely magical. And good on you for not sticking your lens into the sensitive sites - not everyone shows the same respect. Did you make it out to Kata Tjuta?

Dipping my toes into 35mm:

Waterfront
by a hot dad, on Flickr

a hot dad fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 11, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

this might be my fav alkanphel chair photo yet. love the mystery around what the chair is facing

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
thanks all!

a hot dad posted:

Did you make it out to Kata Tjuta?

yeah! I actually enjoyed that area a lot more because you can really get in amongst it rather than Uluru where you're kinda just observing from the outside along with the no-shoot areas as you mentioned

Kings Canyon was great for that too

maxe fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 11, 2021

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Awesome, love the negative space.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

(spot the wallaby)

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

some recent shots

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

I like this. I like that I'm not quite sure what it is

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
that's not dust, it's a helicopter

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

SuicidalSmurf posted:

I like this. I like that I'm not quite sure what it is

Thanks! It's frozen grass and sea ice and foam from a shallow bay in Maine.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 28, 2021

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Digging that fireworks one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
Still a newbie, but I recently upgraded my camera, which was excuse enough to go for a walk...

P7015554_bw by Dan Packer, on Flickr

P1015472_BW by Dan Packer, on Flickr

P1015511_BW by Dan Packer, on Flickr

P7015589_BW by Dan Packer, on Flickr