Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Think Less posted:

why would they end his career when they're trying to make him the face of the league?

classic white hats vs the deep state conflict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stephen A Smith:
"I just received a text from somebody very, very close to the situation in Philadelphia about Ben Simmons. … "’he doesn’t work, he doesn’t listen, and everyone around him is family, and he’s constantly babied.’"

lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Wait wait, I think I get this.

There's a rogue element within the league office that wants Trae to be the face of the league, led by the refs, who are fully in the bag for Trae. The rest of the league office is powerless to reign in this powerful cabal and so we are destined to watch a talentless hack win titles and become the face of the league. I think this means that Tim Donaghy will be commissioner within 6 month, a year tops.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

you are all putting your head in the sand if you don’t think there is a league wide, current discussion happening right now in the open (not a conspiracy) about refs and their atrocious calls

Appropriate that this involves Philadelphia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

you should try the SAS thread. it would be more in line with your apparent desire to make off topic posts about posters instead of talking about basketball

I dare you to talk about basketball.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ahahahahaha

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

you should try the SAS thread. it would be more in line with your apparent desire to make off topic posts about posters instead of talking about basketball

I dare you to talk about basketball.

You have a big personality in your thread and it owns. Never change my man ofc it's going to be about you somewhat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

more on the SAS* stuff

https://twitter.com/SportsRadioWIP/status/1407376544109109248?s=20

* not that SAS

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

i envision this thread like we're all running through an empty arena comic book style yelling about basketball while the sound system blasts out euphronius posts at 120 decibels, every screen a lip synced ben franklin dribbling a basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

to respond to the substance of your "post" (really nothing more than a reaction gif in essense) I have already posted proof that what I said was happening is happening. it is not a conspiracy theory.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

What you said about rule changes to address lean in fouls is true but lmao at when you said the mafia and the refs collaborated to help the Hawks and about making Trae the face of the league

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

What you said about rule changes to address lean in fouls is true but lmao at when you said the mafia and the refs collaborated to help the Hawks and about making Trae the face of the league

I said it *could be* and given the long history of corrupt NBA refs and betting scandals that does not seem all that far fetched since it LITERALLY HAS ALREADY HAPPENED

I don't think it is likely though. I think it is mostly they are just really bad but I would not be surprised if they have a corrupt bias. We will see. Obviously the NBA thinks its a problem.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ask yourself this, if the Refs are not a problem, which is what all of the liberals in this thread think with their trust of the Institutions of Democracy, why is the NBA going out of its way to tell everyone the Refs are a problem and that they are trying to deal with it and will attempt to train the refs in the offseason to not be so bad. Why is the NBA releasing press releases and leaks to Shams about how they are going to change the Refs literally days after the end of one of the worst reffed series in NBA history? is it just all coincidence to your Liberal brains? Are you so afraid to make an inference? Must we go through another 1000 of these charades before your sample size is met?

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 22, 2021

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

Ask yourself this, if the Refs are not a problem, which is what all of the liberals in this thread think with their trust of the Institutions of Democracy, why is the NBA going out of its way to tell everyone the Refs are a problem and that they are trying to deal with it and will attempt to train the refs in the offseason to not be so bad. Why is the NBA releasing press releases and leaks to Shams about how they are going to change the Refs literally days after the end of one of the worst reffed series in NBA history? is it just all coincidence to your Liberal brains? Are you so afraid to make an inference? Must we go through another 1000 of these charades before your sample size is met?

just asking questions, man

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The refs are bad but the refs are not bad specifically in favour of the Atlanta Hawks.

The impending rule change to get rid of players diving into defenders to win fouls is not something the league just realized because Trae Young and the Hawks did it successfully against the Sixers, it's been a problem for literally years. Harden has been doing that since he was an MVP candidate at Houston, and as other players saw how effective it was they all started doing it, including but not limited to Trae Young.

The Sixers did not lose because of the refs, the Sixers lost because they severely underperformed against a team that tried harder than them to win. And you can't even put it all on Trae Young because he was atrocious in game 7 and the Hawks still won because the Sixers were just that bad, refs or no refs.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

refs are the working-class and when the nfl replaced them with non-union refs the results were historically catastrophic. they ruled that a ball not caught in the endzone by the packers was a game winning touchdown in a seahawks-packers game

solidarity with the referees. what the libs don't realize is that it's the ownership class who is to blame. this is why i like kyrie and harden; the former doesn't talk to the media and takes breaks whenever he loving feels like it and the latter goes to strip clubs attempting to get covid in order to get traded. they are the most class conscious nba players

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

vyelkin posted:

The refs are bad but the refs are not bad specifically in favour of the Atlanta Hawks.

The impending rule change to get rid of players diving into defenders to win fouls is not something the league just realized because Trae Young and the Hawks did it successfully against the Sixers, it's been a problem for literally years. Harden has been doing that since he was an MVP candidate at Houston, and as other players saw how effective it was they all started doing it, including but not limited to Trae Young.

The Sixers did not lose because of the refs, the Sixers lost because they severely underperformed against a team that tried harder than them to win. And you can't even put it all on Trae Young because he was atrocious in game 7 and the Hawks still won because the Sixers were just that bad, refs or no refs.

I dont agree but that is well argued.

I have been always clear the sixers collapse was multi factor with the refs merely being one of the factors.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
And that team that benefitted from one of the worst officiated series in NBA history? That's right it's the 76ers in the 2001 ECF.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/PHLSixersNation...se-nba-playoffs

In case you did not watch the games that play was not a foul on young

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

euphronious you’re a russiagater you don’t get to call anyone a lib

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/PHLSixersNation...se-nba-playoffs

In case you did not watch the games that play was not a foul on young

correct. the missed call was on hill for fouling young

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
amazing that the small market hawks were able to overcome the league wide conspiracy to elevate the sixers. all the evidence is there and it's pathetic the strings that were pulled, too bad about the pathetic and cowardly performances from the brotherly loving ballers

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

vyelkin posted:

the refs work for the NBA so if there's any financial incentive in play it's to push as many series to game 7s as possible, regardless of the outcome.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

if the nba is trying to make trae young a star why are they changing the rules to make him worse?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am not responding to straw man arguments anymore. Thank you for your understanding.

content

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1407356489627484167?s=20

I am worried about his knee. He could only have a few years left if that meniscus is really bad.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yossarian-22 posted:

if the nba is trying to make trae young a star why are they changing the rules to make him worse?

I believe the argument is the refs have gone rogue because they just live Trae Young that much

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder what makes all of the players and fans in Philadelphia so soft brained

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Ownership class actually trying to sabotage trae young because he is too good. The working class refs need critical alliances with young and the mafia in order to protect their rights

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

Ownership class actually trying to sabotage trae young because he is too good. The working class refs need critical alliances with young and the mafia in order to protect their rights

While I understand and appreciate your world view on this it is lacking a bit of objective analysis which is important. Specifically Trea Young is not good. he is certainly not Too Good. There is no hobbling or rules against Trae or anything like that.

This analysis is more fit for the leagues decapitation of Allen Iverson.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

euphronius posted:

While I understand and appreciate your world view on this it is lacking a bit of objective analysis which is important. Specifically Trea Young is not good. he is certainly not Too Good. There is no hobbling or rules against Trae or anything like that.

why would the league conspire against grizzlies legend allen iverson? you don't think your theories through very well

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

euphronius posted:

The same Allen Iverson that the league assisted advance to the 2001 Finals?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Space Camp fuckup posted:

euphronious you’re a russiagater you don’t get to call anyone a lib

lol really

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Think Less posted:

why would the league conspire against grizzlies legend allen iverson? you don't think your theories through very well

Maybe you arent being serious I don't know, lots of fake posting going on , but there was no "conspiracy" against Iverson and I never claimed so. There was a non-secret rules change to hamper Iverson's effectiveness after the 2001 run. So not a conspiracy. Non-secret, open. That however was a way different NBA and I don't think its all that important to look back that far.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

lol really

No.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

The same Allen Iverson that the league assisted advance to the 2001 Finals?

You maybe werent born at the time but the chronology of events is important so get those straight first.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bip Roberts posted:

I wonder what makes all of the players and fans in Philadelphia so soft brained

Probably the same thing that biologically compels you to obsessively post about them in every thread :)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Love to sit at home and think about fans of the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers on the Something Awful Forums...

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

Love to sit at home and think about fans of the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers on the Something Awful Forums...

its called empathy for the disabled

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bip Roberts posted:

its called empathy for the disabled

turn on your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius