Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Butternubs posted:

If the lizard people are real then E'lon Mu'xk is a good candidate.

Weird looking lizard lips? Check.

Non-human thought patterns (who needs a door handle in a car, just slither out the crack in the window)? Check

Lives underground and eats emeralds? Check.

Pro human slavery? Check.

So starlink could be alien tech and all those laughing at people misidentifying the satellites now look like fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

They come from the oceans, you say...?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Elon really looks like Neil Breen. I never noticed before.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
warp engines arent actually a thing, but once you exit the heliosphere(in any way) theres a special kind of vacuum that sucks you towards the mid point from another heliosphere but once youre out you accelerate so quick you dont slow down until youre at the equivalent other side, which is another heliosphere, as long as you aim correctly you'll end up at a star in our galaxy, if youre bad at aiming tho you'll end up at the end of the universe in a complete different galaxy, thats why they havnt contacted us yet, they're fine tuning their aiming with drones and are real cowards and need a 100% success rate over at least 500 tries. Roswell and the aliens are misses from other galaxies that by happenstance ended up here rather than a star in their galaxy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

fanfic insert posted:

warp engines arent actually a thing, but once you exit the heliosphere(in any way) theres a special kind of vacuum that sucks you towards the mid point from another heliosphere but once youre out you accelerate so quick you dont slow down until youre at the equivalent other side, which is another heliosphere, as long as you aim correctly you'll end up at a star in our galaxy, if youre bad at aiming tho you'll end up at the end of the universe in a complete different galaxy, thats why they havnt contacted us yet, they're fine tuning their aiming with drones and are real cowards and need a 100% success rate over at least 500 tries. Roswell and the aliens are misses from other galaxies that by happenstance ended up here rather than a star in their galaxy

this is what the skywalkers are for

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

have you not read Slaughterhouse V, lad

I dont read too many books but I did read the first part of this one, thanks for the reminder to finish

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

well yep that's spooky af

maybe the black manta is real

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

pancake rabbit posted:

well yep that's spooky af

maybe the black manta is real

it's also a student CGI project

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Popoto posted:

no u

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like the idea of traveling through space just by doing drugs, but Frank Herbert was pretty right-wing if you think about it. The whole book is just eugenics and monarchy.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
it also has a worm man who sucks so bad everyone goes to another galaxy the moment they can

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

WEH posted:

I think you will find that mr st clair abandoned the patent and you are free to see if it works

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

Definitely peep the rest of em too

ran this past a mathematician and the actual math all holds up if you accept the assumptions made in the patent regarding ability to generate power.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

:vince:

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
No more failen theories for this smarty pants, I'm back on the suppressed tech bandwagon.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/s4m31p4n/status/1407215814462296064?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

July 8 or 18 right

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
july aitee

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Popoto posted:

many such cases itt. I need that good fire poo poo with verifications

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

it’s july eighty

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

release the report in bored

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

So I got permission to post whatever the gently caress the person I'm currently seeing caught on camera while taking long exposure shots of the night sky out near Mono Lake.

Initially I thought maybe she'd caught the ISS reflecting a glint or something but that scale doesn't make any sense? Also for a long exposure it's... Weird that it doesn't have the typical squiggly light streaks when stuff like Space X satellite launches get caught in night sky photography.

https://i.imgur.com/sfBewc8.mp4

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: fixed the video embed

Objurium has issued a correction as of 18:58 on Jun 22, 2021

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Objurium posted:

So I got permission to post whatever the gently caress the person I'm currently seeing caught on camera while taking long exposure shots of the night sky out near Mono Lake.

Initially I thought maybe she'd caught the ISS reflecting a glint or something but that scale doesn't make any sense? Also for a long exposure it's... Weird that it doesn't have the typical squiggly light streaks when stuff like Space X satellite launches get caught in night sky photography.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol what

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What the gently caress is that

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

runabout

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Like no joke you are gonna get a MIB visit tell people close to you if you disappear this is why

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

looks like a dang lightsaber

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
How long an exposure was that?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I've seen that one before, just a couple days ago in a different set of pictures. From decades ago, it seemed like an early version of the "cigar" type ufo. ill try to find the post I think it was on reddit

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
joe Biden sans stutter: I have detailed accounts of each and every UAP going back to antiquity and im going to personally email the research results to every American. these are not signs of aliens

but

*pulls off mask revealing he is Jeffrey epstein*

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its in motion and blurring, but no across the entire frame, so the exposure was only so long

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

phone posting but it’s close enough to center frame that the colors probably aren’t chromatic aberration

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

How long an exposure was that?

10 seconds I think she said, which is loving weird that the lights on it don't appear to be smeared at all.

A MIRACLE posted:

I've seen that one before, just a couple days ago in a different set of pictures. From decades ago, it seemed like an early version of the "cigar" type ufo. ill try to find the post I think it was on reddit

It's pretty spooky that it vaguely resembles some of the other cigar type crafts in other videos.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

yea ask your friend for the exposure info probably in the exif data

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Objurium posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me

the cylinder is the greatest of all transcendent shapes

i speak without bias

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

also please make sure to blank the exif if you end up posting the original or copy. the exposure time etc can be relayed in plaintext

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

I think cubes are neat!

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Objurium posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what da

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

WEH posted:

also please make sure to blank the exif if you end up posting the original or copy. the exposure time etc can be relayed in plaintext

Oh yeah definitely don't post a screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

One thing I know for sure

That's a loving ufo