Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Oenis posted:

I've had a lot of fun with orbs of creation the first time it came out and now replaying it and seeing what's changed. Some more upgrades like autocast or something to make it more idle would be appreciated, but I don't mind it that much.

How do I know I've reached the current content ceiling? Upgrades are slowing down and I still have a ton of upgrades left to grind out, but it would seem like busiwork if there's no further unlocks, but with the way they are sometimes gated it's hard to tell. I can condense time and stuff, but raising some resource caps like amber is pretty tough.

It is flagged as dev build not beta. The dev is focused on making things feel good still according to documentation. Given how the game mostly ended with breaking before all the content was seen in previous builds this seems like the build where things start to get serious or the game spins wildly and the dev can't find a balance and gets abandoned. We'll find out in 6 month or so from other game development that I've followed.

I am feeling good about this one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Huh. The new Synergism update appears to have loaded my save correctly, but it won't let me gain any hepteracts. I got the achievement that's supposed to unlock them and have enough score that the corruption screen tells me I should be getting some, but if I ascend with that score I just don't seem to get anything. Anyone else having this issue?

Giant Octopus
Feb 23, 2015

postmodifier posted:

shot myself in the foot there, guild cap increases pretty fast the more people that join, so bigger guilds get bigger faster

we're almost up to 50 people but there's plenty of room to keep taking invites, and yes it's account wide so it doesn't matter which character you join on - again if you're interested just search "pizza is free" in the guild tab and I'll happily take you since there's room for about 100 more as we keep growing

there's a really lovely in-app guild chat that you can use to ask basic questions, but for more complex stuff like build advice I really either recommending stopping by the discord (for which there's a link in the options tab) or checking out the wiki for the game which is run by some pretty solid people and has good advice????

anyway keep clicking that request button, we're way outpacing even some of the big whales at the moment who thought they would dominate this dumb garbage, goon supremacy

Any room left in pizza is free? Applying as buff horse.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Heya thread. It's been a while since I've talked about my game IncrediMarble here.

Figured I'd mention that it's now out on Android! I also added Linux and MacOS to the Steam version. I know at least one person was waiting for the Android version so hopefully this made someone happy.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hell yeah

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I used to use bots for KOL just for Tactical Number-Go-Up Action.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

DaveKap posted:

Heya thread. It's been a while since I've talked about my game IncrediMarble here.

Figured I'd mention that it's now out on Android! I also added Linux and MacOS to the Steam version. I know at least one person was waiting for the Android version so hopefully this made someone happy.

That was probably me lol. I saw it was preloaded on my phone and so far it's playing great.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Ngu Idle question, from Evil difficulty, around the 8th Titan:

I've just gotten the Typo Zonw gear, I have fourteen accessory slots, and I'm still using the Stapler for the respawn bonus; is that crazy? It feels like the bonus to perk point gain at a 12% respawn timer bonus is worth it, but maybe I'm overvaluing it...?

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

I've just gotten the Typo Zonw gear, I have fourteen accessory slots, and I'm still using the Stapler for the respawn bonus; is that crazy? It feels like the bonus to perk point gain at a 12% respawn timer bonus is worth it, but maybe I'm overvaluing it...?

Respawn is basically the best single stat in the game for PP farming (i.e. most of the adventuring you'll do), so no, not crazy at all.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Thanatosian posted:

I'm in Sad and Ring of Greed + Stapler have been ,and will probably always be, absolute locks in my gear setups. Exceptions are only when I'm focusing only on hacks or NGUs for an entire rebirth.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I'm in Sad and Ring of Greed + Stapler have been ,and will probably always be, absolute locks in my gear setups. Exceptions are only when I'm focusing only on hacks or NGUs for an entire rebirth.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Respawn is basically the best single stat in the game for PP farming (i.e. most of the adventuring you'll do), so no, not crazy at all.
Okay, thank you for the sanity check. That's what I thought, but I was like "what if I'm wrong about this and basically wasting two accessory slots for garbage?"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Picked up Synergism again. Glad I didn't try to push through the researches back when they were first added, obtainium is way easier to get these days with the research giving 50% of your per second income rather than 1 obtainium per minute. Now I got to the Anthill and am basically just playing a game of Antimatter Dimensions :v:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

GrossMurpel posted:

Picked up Synergism again. Glad I didn't try to push through the researches back when they were first added, obtainium is way easier to get these days with the research giving 50% of your per second income rather than 1 obtainium per minute. Now I got to the Anthill and am basically just playing a game of Antimatter Dimensions :v:

Yeah, the part I was complaining about being stupid slow has gotten better a bit too. I'm sure there will be some bumps still, but I can actually make production cycles in a day and it doesn't feel terrible anymore.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think I'm pretty close to being back to where I was the last time I tried Synergism and I have the same feelings about it, again. It doesn't feel "idle" enough, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, I have a lot of knobs that I don't think do anything anymore, but I don't know for sure because there's basically no feedback and the UI is poor. It's just not engaging and I feel like I need a wiki and probably some guides just to figure out what all the knobs actually do and that's intensely uninteresting to me.

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010
Well, I figured out the issue I was having with heptaracts in Synergism. Turns out the ability to gain them is locked behind an achievement, but the ability to use them is locked behind getting a to a certain point in the sadistic II challenge. So right now I'm in an awkward spot where I appear to be gaining heptaracts but can't confirm this because the screen where I could see and use them isn't unlocked yet. And unless there's something I'm missing, I appear to be a ways away from managing to get to 1e15 coins in sadistic II. I would have thought you'd want these things unlocking pretty much simultaneously.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Toshimo posted:

I think I'm pretty close to being back to where I was the last time I tried Synergism and I have the same feelings about it, again. It doesn't feel "idle" enough, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, I have a lot of knobs that I don't think do anything anymore, but I don't know for sure because there's basically no feedback and the UI is poor. It's just not engaging and I feel like I need a wiki and probably some guides just to figure out what all the knobs actually do and that's intensely uninteresting to me.

Which stage are you at? When you start using corruptions to grind for wow! cubes it gets a lot more idle, with 12-24h runs being the norm. But it does introduce another problem in that experimenting with your own corruption sets is going to be way less efficient than just using a guide or the discord.

Meanwhile I think I’m going to drop Ordinal Markup because it’s too idle. After the first handful of factor boosts and challenges, it feels like I need to leave it for a day at a time to make even the smallest bit of progress.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Toshimo posted:

It's idle once you get to the current end game, it's currently balanced to be smooth progression to the end game. There's a lot of content so outside of major walls where you get over them in a few days there's not much repeating the same thing as much as figure out the one neat trick to use all your current tools to make your number explode exponentially.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Ordinal Markup's biggest failing is definitely the borderline requirement to have a wiki/discord guide open at all times. If you're not being hyper optimal about everything, you'll take so much longer to make the smallest amounts of progress that playing it is arguably not even worth it. The early game content has time estimates that range between like a week to over a month just to get through what are ultimately very small sections.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nibble posted:

Which stage are you at? When you start using corruptions to grind for wow! cubes it gets a lot more idle, with 12-24h runs being the norm. But it does introduce another problem in that experimenting with your own corruption sets is going to be way less efficient than just using a guide or the discord.

I'm. I got ants and I'm working on the last set of ants to open up challenge 10, but I just kinda assume the 1st two reset cycles and all their associated pages don't matter anymore, the upgrades page is done,, so there's nothing for me to do there. Its completely unclear what's going on with offerings because a bunch of the not-runes have incredibly vague descriptions. Idk really what's up with talismans and shards but the whole "pay unobtanium for shards" section seems pointless, but the ratio I get different rarity shards from ants doesn't line up with my talisman needs at all. I've got it auto-reincarnating every 1e10 increases but there's no feedback for that to tell me if its right or wrong. Ants get abstracted away so fast that I just really ignore them and let them mind themselves. The store feels confounding and badly: I don't have a real metric to value my quarks with, so buying any of the non-unlock upgrades feels iffy, especially since all the gated stuff is hidden. Not having particle building auto buys makes that feel like a he'll of a chore. I have no idea when to smash the ants button because its all so opaque, I can't tell if I'm at a point where resetting has value. v0v. Its just not fun or engaging.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I just wish I didn't have to grind so many drat cubes up to get automated ascensions. 40K to get them automated and 178K to make it so I don't have to rebirth? And I might get like 2.5-3.5K per ascension? gently caress that, where's the skip button?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think my feelings about Synergism are neatly summed up by how Challenges are handled in it vs. other games in the genre.

In something like NGU, a Challenge gives you some parameters and you have to manipulate your run in a unique way to complete them.

In Synergism, Challenges are a button I press and see if the meter fills up in a couple of seconds and if not, I turn it off and try pressing the button again later.

One of these is gameplay. The other is whack-a-mole.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Toshimo posted:

I'm. I got ants and I'm working on the last set of ants to open up challenge 10, but I just kinda assume the 1st two reset cycles and all their associated pages don't matter anymore, the upgrades page is done,, so there's nothing for me to do there. Its completely unclear what's going on with offerings because a bunch of the not-runes have incredibly vague descriptions. Idk really what's up with talismans and shards but the whole "pay unobtanium for shards" section seems pointless, but the ratio I get different rarity shards from ants doesn't line up with my talisman needs at all. I've got it auto-reincarnating every 1e10 increases but there's no feedback for that to tell me if its right or wrong. Ants get abstracted away so fast that I just really ignore them and let them mind themselves. The store feels confounding and badly: I don't have a real metric to value my quarks with, so buying any of the non-unlock upgrades feels iffy, especially since all the gated stuff is hidden. Not having particle building auto buys makes that feel like a he'll of a chore. I have no idea when to smash the ants button because its all so opaque, I can't tell if I'm at a point where resetting has value. v0v. Its just not fun or engaging.

A while ago, the auto-resets became unnecessary. Anything after 10s is going to increase linearly and this was really annoying and frustrating when I discovered it. There's no way to measure your increase differences in number form, so the auto- buttons became a false signal. They used to be used, but only situationally now. So turn off those autos (especially ants) and just leave the ants grind up what you need to increase your talismans and push your challenges. Ants are going to be where your production comes from until after C10 starts rolling.

E: You're not wrong about the challenges. The real challenge was trying to figure out corruptions.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah, I'm never a fan of those kinds of games. Very frequently it ends up being that there's exactly one way to progress that's heavily obfuscated by confusing mechanics, and your options are to bash your head against the wall or look up a guide to play the game for you, and neither are fun. It's why I much prefer games like NGU and WAMI.

On that note, I have been playing WAMI on mobile for a while now! I know at first it just feels like a straight NGU clone, but after playing it for a little bit that starts to melt away and you start seeing all the ways it ends up quite different from NGU. Oh, and the mobile UI actually looks pretty decent, not like the garbage fire of a UI that's currently on steam. It's a pretty good game, I feel.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm at the content wall in NGU:Industries now. All researches done, all relics done, all work order upgrades done, only a couple map tiles left, lvl 500 isopod achievement unlocked, entire base on labs working on the tag strength unlocks and breeding full time. I hope something comes back to it after the NGU update drops.

magicalblender
Sep 29, 2007
I'm approaching the NGU Industries content wall as well. I've probably put more active play time into NGUI than any other game I've played this year, incremental or not.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
It looks like my old Synergism save won't import - no error, just no change either.

Are there saves online somewhere? Or are there any console cheats that can bump me forward from scratch?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Cobalt60 posted:

It looks like my old Synergism save won't import - no error, just no change either.

Are there saves online somewhere? Or are there any console cheats that can bump me forward from scratch?

Do you know how far along you were? I have this bad habit of not deleting the old saves, but I'm only on the second row of plantonic upgrades and that's the furthest I could help.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Cobalt60 posted:

Last time I played, a normal save game editor would allow you to adjust any parameter you wanted.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

If you aren't paying attention don't forget Synergism changed domains

NEW: https://pseudo-corp.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

OLD:https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

you can try importing on the old one first then export from there and importing to the new one. Might help with anything. Also someone on their discord may be able to help you link is in settings > settings > top image that says synergism on the right.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lotus Aura posted:

Ordinal Markup's biggest failing is definitely the borderline requirement to have a wiki/discord guide open at all times. If you're not being hyper optimal about everything, you'll take so much longer to make the smallest amounts of progress that playing it is arguably not even worth it. The early game content has time estimates that range between like a week to over a month just to get through what are ultimately very small sections.

I felt it's kind of obvious what challenge to do when based on the upgrades you can buy. Maybe it's confusing when you have to wait like 6 hours for incrementy.

pixaal posted:

If you aren't paying attention don't forget Synergism changed domains

NEW: https://pseudo-corp.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

OLD:https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

you can try importing on the old one first then export from there and importing to the new one. Might help with anything. Also someone on their discord may be able to help you link is in settings > settings > top image that says synergism on the right.

Thanks for the info, switching to the new URL gave me like x100 ant income :)

E: Nevermind, this version uses a comma both as a separator for decimals and 1000s digits. This is humongous.
"Up to 1,000x Rune EXP!"
"Rune EXP is multiplied by 1,458!"
Further E: Seriously the worst

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 22, 2021

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

I assume the fruits with fusable skills in Ethereal Farm only start dropping at very high tiers or something? The game does specity 'abilities marked [**]' but I've yet to see a single one.
Currently have automation and reliably pop up to lvl 35-40 within 2 hours, so I'm just grinding up resin and working towards the 7x6 farm upgrade for now. (And I guess Ethereal tree lvl 4, though that'll take ages.)

My best fruit at the moment is an electrum apricot that boosted the speed of everything quite a bit. ( Nettle + Berry + Mushroom boost, so the tree grows pretty drat fast.)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

SubNat posted:

I assume the fruits with fusable skills in Ethereal Farm only start dropping at very high tiers or something? The game does specity 'abilities marked [**]' but I've yet to see a single one.
Currently have automation and reliably pop up to lvl 35-40 within 2 hours, so I'm just grinding up resin and working towards the 7x6 farm upgrade for now. (And I guess Ethereal tree lvl 4, though that'll take ages.)

My best fruit at the moment is an electrum apricot that boosted the speed of everything quite a bit. ( Nettle + Berry + Mushroom boost, so the tree grows pretty drat fast.)

You need to fuse fruits to get bonuses with stars. You fuse fruit A with bonus 123 with fruit B with bonus 134 to get fruit AB with bonus 1*23*. Then fuse this with fruit C with bonus 145 to get fruit ABC with bonus 1**23*. Now you can fuse bonus 1 onto any other fruit of the same type you want.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

SubNat posted:

You don't get abilities marked [**] naturally - you basically have to sacrifice fruit with the same abilities to get them

Say you have two fruits, one with growing speed and berry boost and another with mushroom boost and berry boost- you can merge them together to have one fruit with either:

Growing Speed
Berry Boost [*]

or

Nettle Boost
Berry Boost [*]

Depending on the order you select the fruits to merge. Merge it with another fruit with Berry boost to get it to Berry Boost [**], which can then be used to overwrite another fruit's trait with berry boost (replaces the bottom trait, that's why you can move them freely).

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Wow that really doesn't feel explained well at all then. That or I must have missed a text box defining the first merging to get * skills. I just checked out the fuse screen a couple times, had it say I wouldn't get anything, and figured it might just be a later-game mechanic.
The way the game explains it gave me the impression that either some fruit would randomly drop with them, or something along those lines. And once you'd gotten a couple then you could start fusing away to building frankenfruits.

Thanks for clearing it up, to the both of you.

Also, once you have ** skills, can you transfer them across tiers- Or does the process have to be repeated as you get access to higher tier fruits? (When merging fruit without * or ** skills you're limited to doing fruits of the same tier after all.)

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Having just found this thread thanks to someone posting in the Android games thread what are the best idles that are available on Android? Preferably ones that will play well on a phone (Google Pixel XL 2).

I have and play WAMI & Gold And Goblins currently. I can't find the NGU game in the app store so I fear that is not one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

SubNat posted:

Also, once you have ** skills, can you transfer them across tiers- Or does the process have to be repeated as you get access to higher tier fruits? (When merging fruit without * or ** skills you're limited to doing fruits of the same tier after all.)

You cannot transfer across tiers, and cannot transfer across fruit types. Apples can fuse with apples, seasonal scan fuse with fruits from the same season, but trying to fuse a seasonal with a different season or with an apple just produces an apple*

*until much later once you have unlocked the relevant Squirrel upgrade.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Trastion posted:

Having just found this thread thanks to someone posting in the Android games thread what are the best idles that are available on Android? Preferably ones that will play well on a phone (Google Pixel XL 2).

I have and play WAMI & Gold And Goblins currently. I can't find the NGU game in the app store so I fear that is not one.

Most mobile app idle games are pretty short and money grabby so we mostly don't talk about whatever god awful cash grab we are currently playing while watching netflix that we paid $10 to remove the ads on but all agree if you don't pay for the ads to be disabled and just get the reward the game isn't worth playing.

For actual app mobile games I most enjoyed Egg Inc which I think is still getting content based on how many ads I've been getting for it after not playing in over 2 years.

Most browser idle games will play perfectly fine (just make sure they have good offline support as your phone will sleep the game and gently caress you up if it needs you to run it 24/7, most modern games have good offline). You can even get Unity games to launch, I've played Orb of Creation on my phone. NGU will probably launch but the browser version was getting a bit long sluggish when I stopped playing and most people were recommending switching to the Steam version which ran a million times better.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Trastion posted:

Idle Skilling has been my sole phone idler for quite a while now.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Legends of Idleon was a pretty popular one around here for a while too, made by the Idle Skilling Dev.

You can also pick up Idling to Rule the Gods if you wanna experience a bit of idle game history. It's kinda outdated and clunky, and the interface is pretty tiny for mobile but otherwise works okay. I personally had fun playing it on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Once I've got all the Improved Dual Wield Wishes in NGU, it doesn't matter which slot I put which weapon in, right? Since I'm getting 100% from both?