Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rolls Royce: we just landed 28 new contracts with aerospace companies and 17 new contracts with the US military!

*stock dips*

Volkswagen: Ja, Heinrich vanted to see if he could microvave a fart and zey had to evacuate ze lunch room and zen our diesel motors killed many children

*stock quadruples in after hours*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
GME literally at 199.99 in AH, life really is a simulation

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Crazy number of ask side $WISH options traded at the end of yesterday. Today is going to be a crazy day I expect.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MadlabsRobot posted:

True that, however this time I was planning on holding it more for the long term so I'm not terribly worried.

New thesis for a longer time frame after addition research makes sense to jump back in.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Perfect Potato posted:

GME literally at 199.99 in AH, life really is a simulation

And they finally made a smart decision to capitalize on the absurd overvaluation and dumped a ton of new shares on the market:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/g...rket-2021-06-22

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

got'em

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
SCR is creeping up, I'm guessing outlook is good for single-game betting?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ok, now make it go to 694.20

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Fake James posted:

SCR is creeping up, I'm guessing outlook is good for single-game betting?

Yeah, they worked something out with the Mohawks and are expected to pass it today

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I have a buy limit on AHT for $4.50, looks like it'll actually take place today.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly there are other REITs that are more appealing. I’ll probably buy into more apartment-focused dividend REITs soon. That said, I’m a moron

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Apparently the bill relating to SCR is at 330 today

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

this is about TRCH

lmao i love this market

https://twitter.com/SeuJoacirB40/status/1407352611527872522

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Brilliant decision. I can't believe that other WSB pumped squeeze targets haven't done it as quickly.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Brilliant decision. I can't believe that other WSB pumped squeeze targets haven't done it as quickly.

AMC made half a billion and counting. GME is the only real gently caress up, and they fired their CFO over it.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
aht my balls

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

The REIT that has me feeling REKT

(probably going to buy the dip if it goes even lower though, I can see a bounce up once more holiday travel happens and conventions pick up again)

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

people are getting absolutely bagged on TRCH just so they can hold it for a dividend

amazing to watch people burn cash without understanding what they're buying

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

my sundial play is doing pretty good thanks for asking

why do I touch the poop

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

my sundial play is doing pretty good thanks for asking

why do I touch the poop

You're a dung sifter you are looking for the diamond ring someone dropped in the crapper sometimes you end up rich but most of the time you just end up smelly, filthy, and with less money than you started. (because you are covered in the poop you touched)

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Steady ticks up for SCR, not sure when to sell. Probably right after the bill vote I think

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Uranium 235 posted:

people are getting absolutely bagged on TRCH just so they can hold it for a dividend

I sold my position at $8.66 this morning. My average cost was $6.61. Hopefully it was a good move overall.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Which android app do you guys like for following stocks (not necessarily trading) ?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Anyone else own any VRT?

For the last 2 months, it's been the only green and profitable non-ETF stock in my portfolio.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Uranium 235 posted:

Now enough about NDRA

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

pixaal posted:

AMC made half a billion and counting. GME is the only real gently caress up, and they fired their CFO over it.

This was why I stuck with AMC in January and stayed out of GME after I missed the first train. AMC was down bad because of COVID, and management wasn't asleep at the wheel. I get to gamble with house money because of them.

From my newbie perspective, it looks like getting memed is a second bite at the 'venture capital' pie for any company that is paying attention. Only that instead of dummy rich VCs throwing money at them, it's hordes of Reddit-poisoned retail investors.

...holy poo poo, meme stocks are Kickstarter.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Back into $GOON in a big way at 2.09 with some money on the side to average down if it dips below 2.
Exited the rest of my GEO and ROOT, reiterating that no one ever got hurt taking a profit to myself, who lost big on them when I could've been 10K ahead.
Holding on to ASPS, RYCEY, CCIV, and DKNG, though.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Uranium 235 posted:

I believe the dividend is only going to go to the preferred shareholders, it isn't going to be much, and it will reflect the sale of allll if it's remaining oil/gas interest.

After next week it's only going to be in "advanced materials" after it merges with Metamaterial. Metamaterial shareholders will own 75%, torchlight gets 25%. Of a company that measures it's revenue in thousands. Right now the market cap of both companies is at or close to a billion. It's loving absurd.

And it's killing me I can't figure out how to make decent money off the mass delusion without exposing myself to tons of risk. The puts are already insanely high.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Warmachine posted:

...holy poo poo, meme stocks are Kickstarter.
That you can take a profit from by selling to someone else.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Baddog posted:

I believe the dividend is only going to go to the preferred shareholders, it isn't going to be much, and it will reflect the sale of allll if it's remaining oil/gas interest.

After next week it's only going to be in "advanced materials" after it merges with Metamaterial. Metamaterial shareholders will own 75%, torchlight gets 25%. Of a company that measures it's revenue in thousands. Right now the market cap of both companies is at or close to a billion. It's loving absurd.

And it's killing me I can't figure out how to make decent money off the mass delusion without exposing myself to tons of risk. The puts are already insanely high.

Would a put spread work out nicely so you are also selling some IV?

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

GSAT doing really well for me today, basically keeping me out of the red.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I have a buy limit on AHT for $4.50, looks like it'll actually take place today.

You're welcome.

And for my next trick I'm going to fill this ordinary balloon with helium and watch it sink like a stone, too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You're welcome.

And for my next trick I'm going to fill this ordinary balloon with helium and watch it sink like a stone, too.

That's easy! You use CO2 to fill the balloon.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You're welcome.

It got close! 8 cents away at the lowest.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Space Fish posted:

Back into $GOON in a big way at 2.09 with some money on the side to average down if it dips below 2.
Exited the rest of my GEO and ROOT, reiterating that no one ever got hurt taking a profit to myself, who lost big on them when I could've been 10K ahead.
Holding on to ASPS, RYCEY, CCIV, and DKNG, though.

Fyi NDRA just filed to sell an additional 20 million dollars in shares (current market cap is 85 million). So a decent amount of dilution is coming in the next bit.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Artonos posted:

Fyi NDRA just filed to sell an additional 20 million dollars in shares (current market cap is 85 million). So a decent amount of dilution is coming in the next bit.

All for SA members to buy!

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Really smells like $goon might as well be a total loss

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Why is that?

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

WSB barely gave a poo poo about this stock, if they mentioned it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

pixaal posted:

Would a put spread work out nicely so you are also selling some IV?

I ended up just buying some Aug 2.5ps for .25.

The 5/2.5 spreads can be bought for maybe under a buck, so that play could be good too (or better). But I feel like if (more like when) the wheels come off here it should be big.

They are going to get a dividend to the common shareholders btw, its just loving convoluted. They are going to hand out preferred shares for every common share, and then exchange those shares for a "dividend" this friday.

So the option price may get affected? But how do you adjust the option after the preferred split but before the payout is announced? If I'm holding an option on the common, do I get an option on the preferred? I don't think so.... In any case I think its gonna be on the order of 20 cents or less, and these guys that think it will be 20+ bucks are dumb as hell. So be careful about getting into options because I'm not clear on how the 2-stage "dividend/exchange" is going to end up impacting the prices - let me know if anyone does know!

Edit - Etrade says there is a memo out that TRCH options outstanding on thursday night will be converted to TRCH1, and will be contracts for 100 shares of common *and* 100 shares of preferred, and there are no other adjustments (to strike, or # of common shares, etc). I said the company plans to buyout all those preferred shares on Friday, so what does that mean for August TRCH1 options next monday, since preferred shares won't exist to be traded? And they didn't know. I *believe* the TRCH1 strike will most likely be adjusted down though. So if you are one of these guys who think the dividend will be 10-20 dollars, then all these TRCH1 options are going to negative strikes (that'll be loving weird). If the dividend is twenty cents and everyone bails out of TRCH after the money is paid, then I think the trade will work out fine.

Baddog fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 22, 2021