Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
With Manchin it is, ostensibly as far as we can tell, about saving face with his voters. Notice how Barack Obama, in his endorsement of Manchin's voting rights package the other day, said of Manchin (paraphrased): "Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in the Senate. Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in all of Congress."

I take statements like that as trying to help Manchin down the road to agreeing to something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

With Manchin it is, ostensibly as far as we can tell, about saving face with his voters. Notice how Barack Obama, in his endorsement of Manchin's voting rights package the other day, said of Manchin (paraphrased): "Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in the Senate. Joe Manchin is perhaps the most conservative Democrat in all of Congress."

I take statements like that as trying to help Manchin down the road to agreeing to something.

:downsa:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Obama's on our side guys, right?

Right????

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Don't make me tap the sign on the wall that displays the "Machin cycle"!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont give a gently caress about manchin or sinema, if the democrats wanted to govern they could but they dont. anyone who allows that dog poo poo narrative wobble around in their in their dumbass brain for more than 1 picosecond is a loving rube. god drat im getting so pissed off

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sexpig by night posted:

It would be good if even the worse bill with Manchin's compromises passes but it's all kfabe because everyone know that he's never going to get 10 republican votes. The whole thing is just gaslighting.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

china is violating the international law treaties we never read or signed, and so

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It would be good if even the worse bill with Manchin's compromises passes but it's all kfabe because everyone know that he's never going to get 10 republican votes. The whole thing is just gaslighting.

It's not even gaslighting because everyone knew from second 1 that nothing was going to happen

it's just wasting everyone's time for no reason

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm talking about when basically every dem politician on social media is posting hard about how we need to save democracy and how the republicans are fascistic and doing jack poo poo about it. That is the gaslighting.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

It's not fair to blame Biden re: For the People Act.

Surprised to see the post saying that some are blaming the White House.

Let's put this into perspective. The For the People Act is the single greatest legislative endeavor in decades.

It's also the "end" of the GOP.

The MORE people who vote, the better the DEMS do. Just look at 2020 and the expanded opportunities to vote.

So the GOP resistance was entirely predictable.

It was "Dead Bill Walking" from day one.

The GOP would rather pass into law Universal Abortion and Universal Firearm bans than pass voter rights.

So the next step... now work on more streamlined Voting Rights Bills and use this in '22 and '24 to demonstrate GOP recalcitrance.

We MUST keep moving. President Biden is successful right now because he's exercising competent governance. 2022? Yeah, we're going to have to GOTV, hard. But that's the way it always is.

Keep the chin up... keep moving forward.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

mcmagic posted:

I'm talking about when basically every dem politician on social media is posting hard about how we need to save democracy and how the republicans are fascistic and doing jack poo poo about it. That is the gaslighting.

oh, fair enough then

Trabisnikof posted:

So the next step... now work on more streamlined Voting Rights Bills and use this in '22 and '24 to demonstrate GOP recalcitrance.

We MUST keep moving. President Biden is successful right now because he's exercising competent governance. 2022? Yeah, we're going to have to GOTV, hard. But that's the way it always is.

thankfully biden has a robust GOTV network and definitely didn't burn the very few bridges he had with activism via lies

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

so i see an answer was finally found to Manufacturing Consent, and that answer was "it's genocide denial, actually"

lmao

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Now, watch as any attempt to primary Manchin next time around nets no support from anyone in the Oval Office.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Oh Snapple! posted:

so i see an answer was finally found to Manufacturing Consent, and that answer was "it's genocide denial, actually"

lmao

they're grasping at straws so hard it's wild. They clearly just wanted to say 'well he's a bad lefty (unless he's saying vote for Biden then we love him)' and move on but the actual questioning part of a 'debate' just hosed that all up

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

Republicans are an existential threat to the country but also we need to work with them and look forward, not backward.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's not a great look for AOC that the MSNBC lady she endorsed is in 3rd place heh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1407510160227061764?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

It's not a great look for AOC that the MSNBC lady she endorsed is in 3rd place heh

I care a lot more about her endorsing people that are good than her having a high batting average with endorsements. Only endorsing people who are gonna win anyway is pointless.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

It's not fair to blame Biden re: For the People Act.

Surprised to see the post saying that some are blaming the White House.

Let's put this into perspective. The For the People Act is the single greatest legislative endeavor in decades.

It's also the "end" of the GOP.

The MORE people who vote, the better the DEMS do. Just look at 2020 and the expanded opportunities to vote.

So the GOP resistance was entirely predictable.

It was "Dead Bill Walking" from day one.

The GOP would rather pass into law Universal Abortion and Universal Firearm bans than pass voter rights.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Nikki2U/status/1407515066111606786?s=19

Words don't mean anything anymore

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rofl

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thoguh posted:

I care a lot more about her endorsing people that are good than her having a high batting average with endorsements. Only endorsing people who are gonna win anyway is pointless.

This endorsement kinda sucked. Wiley is pretty poo poo plus it was to late to change the race at all.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol didn't he buy a full on house?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://web.enrboenyc.us/OF11CY0PY1.html

enjoy mayor eric adams NYC

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
I've seen enough:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I've seen enough: *depresses old timey dynamite plunger and explodes myself in a shower of gore and viscera*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/abigailm1971/status/1407519203809234948?s=19

KHive has crowned Yang Bernie and proceeded directly to the sassy-black-woman-gif portion of their celebration

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol a loving pig mayor.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

lol didn't he buy a full on house?

A complete waste of money given that Eric Adams just didn't bother with this part, doesn't live in NYC, and never has

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

lol a loving pig mayor.

The UK had a pig loving Prime Minister, why can't NYC have a pig mayor? :mrapig:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Horseshoe theory posted:

The UK had a pig loving Prime Minister, why can't NYC have a pig mayor? :mrapig:

I guess I expect NYC to be slightly better than pedo island but that is dumb of me.

Buttchug Mouthwash
Jun 20, 2021

minty fresh asshole

Fame Douglas posted:

Don't make me tap the sign on the wall that displays the "Machin cycle"!!!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
yang was robbed and so were we. of content

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
We always talk about sacrificing Florida for the betterment of the union, but if I may, may I nominate New York?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Smythe posted:

I've seen enough: *depresses old timey dynamite plunger and explodes myself in a shower of gore and viscera*

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pamela Springstein posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pamela Springstein posted:

The candidates were all varying degrees of awful so this is the only reason to be disappointed.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I guess I expect NYC to be slightly better than pedo island but that is dumb of me.

this mayor's race was loving bonkers, but they coulda stopped Adams if more candidates dropped out and lined up behind Wiley. There was absolutely no coordination and I've seen that gently caress up gettable positions in NYC over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1407447075432898565?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1407458472875249672?s=19