Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah that's pretty on par with what most people say about it. Most of the pro guys who use the HX Stomp use it for effects-only and never touch the amp models.

If you want really good amp models along with good effects in the same kind of package, you're looking at a Fractal FM3 which is more expensive, but it's also fantastic.

Disagree, the amp models in most of the current gen of modellers are pretty comparable. Theres not light years of difference between an axefx and helix modeling.

the helix stock cabs aren't great and need a bit of tweaking but you can just use IRs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

Agreed about IRs, I have York’s Mesa 4x12 V2 IR, it loving howls and it sounds better than anything stock on the Mooer GE100 or Pod Go (through an Alto PA speaker and flat headphones). So much variation even with an IR pack like that, different mics, mic combinations, mic placements. Has an absolutely huge impact on tone.

I want to buy more of York’s stuff but I know I’ll just go down a tone rabbit hole and not actually practice guitar!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

massive spider posted:

Disagree, the amp models in most of the current gen of modellers are pretty comparable. Theres not light years of difference between an axefx and helix modeling.

Yep, I do disagree with that. Personally I think Fractal's modeling is significantly better than anything else out there. Of course that's just my subjective opinion though.

quote:

the helix stock cabs aren't great and need a bit of tweaking but you can just use IRs.

Gotcha. I wasn't talking about Helix IR's specifically... just all IR's. To me the vast majority of them don't sound good but there are a couple here and there I've found that sound better than any real mic'd cab solution I've ever played through.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want to get a reamper just to make my own IR

Also a DI box so I can run an unamped signal into my DAW and then reamp that.

But I'm lazy and likely won't.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just got an HX a couple of weeks ago and it sounds amazing with York IRs - I'm using the Princeton, AC30 and Friedman packs with Fender, Vox and Marshall amp models, respectively. Probably going for the Mesa 412 and Orange packs next

I'm not an IR expert by any means, but my understanding is that the York packs are very well mixed and don't need high/low cut adjustment, they're just plug and play

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc5kDRs44wE

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my best friend. Maple passed away peacefully during the night, while I held her in my arms. We have spent every moment together for over 12 years, doing everything together. I adopted her from a rescue shelter and the first time we met she tackled me, leaping into my arms, wagging her tail so hard and with a smiling face full of love. We went on so many adventures together, and she was always there for me with her unconditional love through difficult times. Music helped to soothe and comfort her, especially when she was feeling anxious during thunderstorms and fireworks so I would play for her to help calm her down. She would lay beside me with her head in my lap and listen to the guitar until she fell asleep. I feel so lucky to have had her in my life, the bond we shared is indescribable and my heart is aching.

There are a lot of videos that I filmed with Maple which I never posted on YouTube, or videos I didn't finish editing, that I might release in the future. I hope that some of the moments we shared together over the years have helped to bring some joy or comfort to you. Thank you for the love and support you have shown us.

I love you Maple.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Dude. This is not stupid. This nowhere near any level of stupid music poo poo. That's... goddamn. gently caress. :cry:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Nothing about that is stupid.

Adios maple. Requiescat in Pace

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:smith:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

a good song for a good dog

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sorry, never meant to imply the video was stupid.

Having to say goodbye to a good friend is

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
What a wonderful dog.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Nox posted:

Sorry, never meant to imply the video was stupid.

Having to say goodbye to a good friend is
Dude it's fine. :sympathy:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Well drat. I am so sorry Jonny Nox.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YouTube kept feeding me your videos recently and when I saw the most recent one I was :smith: as hell. I had no clue those were done by a goon. Sorry for your loss.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

this guy's parents didnt beat him enough

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I was honestly surprised that no beer bottle ever flew from offscreen straight into the middle of that guitar, personally.

It would have improved the technicality of the performance.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Doctor Dogballs posted:

oh, gently caress you

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
(i did not watch the video)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Doctor Dogballs posted:

lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I can sort of understand what's going on in a garbled-alien-radio-transmission sort of thing but the finger flapping he does just weirds me out

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doctor Dogballs posted:

This joke sucks. Don't make more like it.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Did somebody say finger flapping?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qE4uMLbU90

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Thumposaurus posted:

Did somebody say finger flapping?

Keep working on it Tony, nearly got the theme right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMHyrTRHRVw

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

I was honestly surprised that no beer bottle ever flew from offscreen straight into the middle of that guitar, personally.

It would have improved the technicality of the performance.

You're assuming there is an audience for this....

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Henchman of Santa posted:

This joke sucks. Don't make more like it.

okay

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So Pete Thorn just posted a new video about some new Suhr analog delay pedal. Most of his videos are paid product demos but the guy always writes interesting music for every video he does, he knows his stuff, and is generally just cool to watch and listen to so I follow his videos. He also works pretty closely as a consultant for Suhr. The company has made like 3 separate signature amplifiers and a signature guitar for him, he had a hand in helping them develop their Plexi clone, etc. The guy is obviously heavily involved with the company. Anyway he posted this video yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTNEznULe08

And I got a kick out of something in the comments section:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

GreatGreen posted:

So Pete Thorn just posted a new video about some new Suhr analog delay pedal. Most of his videos are paid product demos but the guy always writes interesting music for every video he does, he knows his stuff, and is generally just cool to watch and listen to so I follow his videos. He also works pretty closely as a consultant for Suhr. The company has made like 3 separate signature amplifiers and a signature guitar for him, he had a hand in helping them develop their Plexi clone, etc. The guy is obviously heavily involved with the company. Anyway he posted this video yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTNEznULe08

Lmfao

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Omfg. :cawg:

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Pete is simultaneously one of the best players on the planet and one of the nicest people ever. Honestly his personality gets him more gigs than his chops, which are substantial. I met him at NAMM on Sunday and most people are pretty fried by then, but Pete was just super genuine and generous with his time even though he was obviously fried like everyone else. Everyone I know who has had contact with him has nothing but good things to say about him. Pete rules.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Pete Townsend's custom Neve recording console is back on the market for the cost of a townhome in Philly.

https://shop.sylviamassy.com/produc...henia-8028-era/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

From the same site, for over a hundo grand less, you can get an entire theater/studio in northern california

https://shop.sylviamassy.com/product/vintage-1920s-vaudeville-theater-the-weed-palace-venue-building-400-seats-stage-art-deco/

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

hexwren posted:

From the same site, for over a hundo grand less, you can get an entire theater/studio in northern california

https://shop.sylviamassy.com/product/vintage-1920s-vaudeville-theater-the-weed-palace-venue-building-400-seats-stage-art-deco/

Reminds me of that goon/bitcoin person who was going to buy the local theatre and show pirated movies on an office projector, with great plans for what kind of soda flavours and not much else, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

hexwren posted:

I loving love the clarification at the bottom: "1 in stock".

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Joe Bogan posted:

I like that I can buy it with Apple Pay

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Joe Bogan posted:

Haha I was about to post the same thing.

Also there's just a simple "Add to cart" button lol. I wonder if they take paypal.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
The bassist from Cybertronic Spree spent his stimulus money evolving into his Beast Wars form: an ESP bass owner.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what am I even looking at here

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Imagine getting all cybertronned up just to sit in the back behind a drumkit and a foot of glycol fog.

I'd at least have my kit as part of my costume, maybe on big tank treads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A guy I worked with years ago was in a punk band that I could best describe as "GWAR if their entire costume was an empty Natural Lite case pulled down over their heads."

I feel like if they ever made it big, this would have been their final form.