Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Thank you Ex for being correct on air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Again!" :hai:

"AGAIN!" :byodood:

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
It's pronounced gif

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Snake
m'n rocks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Graphic interchange format, not GIRAFFE-ic interchange format.

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Snake man is a Doobie brothers song Ex

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Taxman posted:

Why didn't we get bunny's theme, I expected this thread to recognize such a slight

it bothered me too but my hands were full of gyro (pronounced gyro)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'll miss you, pandemic dark.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Over already?!?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
a 50 minute dark what has this world come to

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Luther's head looks disturbingly naked without his dots and line.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Selachian posted:

Luther's head looks disturbingly naked without his dots and line.

Counter point: before he had a ball on his head, and that's just stupid.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think Chuck Taylor is sowing seeds for a heel turn down the road.

edit: I want to see an Abadon segment with Britt Baker where she gets a cleaning done

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 23, 2021

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
That felt like - at least from a workrate standpoint - Abadon's strongest performance in the company thus far. It seems like she's really been putting in the time to become someone who can carry a match as opposed to just being a sideshow. Lots of cool new offense, new finisher's terrific.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Catching up on Dark. Just when I thought I couldn’t like Abadon more, she busts out the leg hook DDT.

NGL - Abadon’s my favorite wrestler.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Yeah, Abadon has been putting the work in and it shows. Diamante and the Bunny both looked great in their matches, too.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Barry Bluejeans posted:

That felt like - at least from a workrate standpoint - Abadon's strongest performance in the company thus far. It seems like she's really been putting in the time to become someone who can carry a match as opposed to just being a sideshow. Lots of cool new offense, new finisher's terrific.

Vox is also real good, which helps. I really hope they keep bringing her back (Same for Diamanté finally getting her #AllElite).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Barry Bluejeans posted:

She's been toning up a lot, too, posting pictures on Twitter of like, how her back muscles are developing and the like. I feel like you can see a lot of people in AEW both developing work-rate wise and getting in way better shape.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Griff Garrison, as "Griff", gets third billing on the Dark yt upload. way to go Griff.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol as a miamian i completely appreciate the beatdown from the 305 to the 954

edit: lmao "ham's not kosher, taz"

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 23, 2021

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
another quality episode of pandemic dark

the only thing they got wrong was the pronunciation of gif

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Blonds get interviewed. Brian Pillman pretty much directly says "I'm looking past Bear Bronson"

1) Lance Archer vs Rex Lawless. Lance in murder mode. The corner lariat spot was meaty and nasty. Nice chop exchange. Bye Rex.

2) Brian Pillman Jr vs Bear Bronson. Julia tumbling out of the entranceway is still great. Nice conflict between the athletic and the beefy. Bronson in particular looks dangerous here. Not a long match, but both guys looked good, and giving Pillman a strong opponent sets him up well for the Miro match.

3) Chandler Hopkins vs Brian Cage. Mostly a standard murder but Hopkins get a chance to fight back before taking an UGLY bump to the outside that looks pretty great. Lots of nice Team Taz squabbling on commentary.

4) Diamante vs Ashley D'amboise. Nice and hard hitting. Lovely belly to belly throw from Diamante early, and then an abrupt submission. Really emphasised that Diamante can turn a match on a dime, made her look really aggressive.

5) Colt Cabana vs Kit Sackett. Very short squash

6) Chuck Taylor vs Dan Barry. Half of Team Tremendous out here. This is a fun match. Barry gets some fun stuff in but looks a little lost. Chuck does some sicknasty stuff in the closing sequence.

7) Ashley Vox vs Abadon. Thankfully Ashley has experience with a variety of monsters and creatures from the deep. Ashley goes for a fishhook and has a bad time. Fun and creative little match and I LOVE the leg DDT.

8) Griff Garrison vs Marko Stunt. Fun dynamic match between buddies. Marko has some fun speed stuff, Griff chucks him around like a practice dummy. This was fun.

9) The Bunny vs Reka Tehaka. Tehaka has something. She's athletic, she sells well, and she doesn't get lost. Allie isn't the best opponent to showcase this but the match is fine.

10) Stu Grayson vs Serpentico. Time for some snake yeeting. Strong performance from Serpentico early doors. This actually comes together to be pretty awesome, and Serpentico gets the chance to show off some athletic offense, not just athletic selling. Fun.

Not a significant Dark, but fun enough.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Reka Tehaka has a ton of potential and a great look, she's green still but with experience she's got a lot of upside. It does kinda feel like she needs to get jacked to complete her look and style, like everything she's got now but with her cut like KiLynn King and she'd be money.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Abadon having a mouthful of blood at all times makes for some really fun visual spots, because biting someone makes it look like they're the one who's bleeding. The finger bite to Vox looked really gnarly afterwards.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
15 matches, Praise The Sun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izbfgEqwQh8

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I hope Joey Janela is just having a completely normal week and it was just a miscommunication with Sonny

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oil! posted:

I hope Joey Janela is just having a completely normal week and it was just a miscommunication with Sonny

He's just frustrated.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

He's just frustrated.

he's not getting enough sleep, also his magnesium levels are off

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Hello ex, hello taz

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Support your local what? What??

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I miss Wardlow's theme but he's got a good swagger with the Pinnacle theme now.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:wardlow:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

I miss Wardlow's theme but he's got a good swagger with the Pinnacle theme now.

This is the reason everyone says aew has too many factions. Elevation played the hfo theme four times last night.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sargent at arms Ricky starks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Picked him up like it was nothing.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo that gutwrench lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all the guys in team taz had their coccyx removed

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

all the guys in team taz had their coccyx removed

thread title please, because of how incomprehensible it is lmao

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The mohawk in the stands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Aew should ban that move - too dangerous!