Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
I made the great decision of starting to play this game. So far I'm having fun, but I barely understand anything. Just like my team mates, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ok Dez was able to make a Obj 260 build on sandbox with 69mph top speed and nearly 27 specific power so I might need to retract my earlier statements about field modifications lmao.

Base values are 60 mph and 19.5 specific power for reference.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Zam Wesell posted:

I made the great decision of starting to play this game. So far I'm having fun, but I barely understand anything. Just like my team mates, it seems.

Welcome aboard. Do you need a discord invite? That and a clan invite? Just need your in game name. We can platoon together later tonight so we can show you the ropes

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Katamari Democracy posted:

Welcome aboard. Do you need a discord invite? That and a clan invite? Just need your in game name. We can platoon together later tonight so we can show you the ropes

Clan and Discord would be swell! I'm on EU2 though, dunno how much that affects things.
In-game name is GranbarWOT.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Zam Wesell posted:

Clan and Discord would be swell! I'm on EU2 though, dunno how much that affects things.
In-game name is GranbarWOT.

We can get you on the Discord. But I dunno who operates the UK's clan. But you are welcome to join us.

Edit- Link gone!

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 18, 2021

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

We can get you on the Discord. But I dunno who operates the UK's clan. But you are welcome to join us.

Edit- Link gone!

I got in! :) (the Discord)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If you want to platoon up sometime, I’m also on the EU servers. in game name soralapio.

Offer is open to others as well.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

An absolutely filthy tank

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Yeah I enjoy the LIS. To me it's almost like the T-44-100. Almost.

How much damage did you do that round with it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Yeah I enjoy the LIS. To me it's almost like the T-44-100. Almost.

How much damage did you do that round with it.

Damage (assisted / own) 536 5223

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Where did you see that at? I'm using the awful app and could not see ut

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's visible on Awful App. Right above the list of completed missions.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh you can tap the image to make it bigger. Nice. Didn't know that. New cell phone sorry

E- Also:

Date: 6/18/2021 7:34:28 PM
Vehicles added: T77 (crew 100%)
Slots added: 1

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 19, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I've been debating getting the T77 but the long inter clip reload for only three shells has been putting me off.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Even Skill's starting to reach the end of his tether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsyBriVoBU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
He hit a wall on the t30 video and got annoyed, then people egged him into a proper rant.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
LMAO the Improved Radio System aiming your gun at the enemy bullshit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

He hit a wall on the t30 video and got annoyed, then people egged him into a proper rant.

I think he probably also wasn't too happy about getting loaned a Carro 45t for marking it, then after a few days the guy got back to him with a "uhhh we weren't supposed to loan those out to anyone because they are only for clan wars players" thing and took it away. He put on a brave face in his video but that's some loving dumb bullshit.

I'm not saying that's the reason for this, but it might just be another straw on the camel's back. One arm of WG having no idea about what the others are doing, which is a big problem in the game in general and how the hell can they hope to balance anything out when they don't know how their own game works?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
So the new battlepass stuff is kinda meh to me as far as camo goes. I do not own any of those tanks that have the special camo. So this time around I won't be spending gold on getting levels and instead will just see how far I go before I need to purchase levels with gold. I would not mind trying to get tokens to get the AE Phase 1 and Char Future. That russian (K-91-PT) for 12 tokens seems like a trick purchase and from the videos I have seen I do not want it. But again we will see.

But this go around I purchased the improved battle pass with the gold missions. You get 250 gold a day for one battle. I have done some math and I would have gotten gold purchases done anyways with the amount of gold I spend getting free XP during sales. So that to me was a good deal.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Even Skill's starting to reach the end of his tether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsyBriVoBU

Oh...

I just hope that what he says brings up good points to higher ups. Now I feel bad for spending money on this game.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh...

I just hope that what he says brings up good points to higher ups. Now I feel bad for spending money on this game.

You shouldn't feel bad.

Skill's point is the same as it always was: if you have fun with the game and enjoy playing it, then by all means spend money. But if you're not happy, the only chance in hell we have of making them notice is by stopping the money coming in.

Which of course won't happen since there's a large contingent of people who will defend every poo poo decision and the Russian servers are just pumping in money like they owned Gazprom.

So ultimately it comes down to "if you're having fun, by all means spend money. If you're not, why are you spending money?"

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

So ultimately it comes down to "if you're having fun, by all means spend money. If you're not, why are you spending money?"

This really. I personally took a break for years since I was just fed up with the game and decisions wg made. Now I've been spending tenner a month and don't mind it at all since I'm having fun again. My guess is it's because I've been playing lower tiers more than I used to thanks to battle pass points.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Of course, if you're not having fun AND still giving them money, it's worth reassessing a bit.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Of course, if you're not having fun AND still giving them money, it's worth reassessing a bit.

Definitely. I had to go through that with World of Warships where I realized I was buying most ships out of ... habit? Fear of missing out on something that would turn out to be brokenly good and get taken off sale later? Even though the game was actively making me angry most of the time.

I'm still MOSTLY having a good time with WoT, but the last battle pass did give me some burnout so I'm thinking hard about taking a bit of a break vs. keeping going with the next battle pass.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I love this game well enough to kiss it goodnight whenever I log off for the evening.

Goodnight Defender.

Goodnight SU130PM.

Goodnight Progetto.

Go to Hell E25

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK but tell me about the T77 already, is it good, is it fun?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK but tell me about the T77 already, is it good, is it fun?

I dont think have enough games under my best to give it an honest review. And with my pathetic scores, I dont think my views on any tank would be great at all.

But so far I enjoy it. It can really surprise people, but the reload is horrendous.

Ask again later! Maybe!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Definitely. I had to go through that with World of Warships where I realized I was buying most ships out of ... habit? Fear of missing out on something that would turn out to be brokenly good and get taken off sale later? Even though the game was actively making me angry most of the time.

I'm still MOSTLY having a good time with WoT, but the last battle pass did give me some burnout so I'm thinking hard about taking a bit of a break vs. keeping going with the next battle pass.

I want to ask if that game is worth trying out, whether they see the same issues, and whether it might be fun as a new player but I think I know the answer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I want to ask if that game is worth trying out, whether they see the same issues, and whether it might be fun as a new player but I think I know the answer.

It's funny. Like five years ago when World of Tanks was REALLY BAD, I quit the game and switched over to World of Warships, which was a lot better! The grind wasn't bad, the game wasn't pay-to-win, the devs seemed to really care about the game and the players, it was like I'd discovered the Good Wargaming.

And it was a steady downward slope ever since. World of Warships crossed the "worse than World of Tanks" line a good year or two ago and has continued going south at a dramatic pace. The game is a garbage fire of astonishing greed, incredibly short-sighted "some profit now, gently caress over our game for years" decisions, bafflingly open contempt for players etc.

Just a brief example from a couple of years ago. Wargaming advertised that for Christmas everyone was going to get a free tier 9 premium ship for free, just by playing the game! And sure enough, on the PTR the missions seemed a bit difficult for the average player and the grind seemed to be on the severe side, but hey, free tier 9 premium.

Then, after all the CCs had run their articles and videos on the PTR event, and the servers had closed, Wargaming quietly hiked up all the mission requirements to the point where people calculated that completing the grind in time would be literally impossible.

When people complained, the CEO of Lesta, the studio that make Wargaming, came out to say that (and I quote)

Malik Khatajaev posted:

"There are people who play a lot. By themselves, or because of other reasons: working schedule or health issues.

We encourage them by adding more purpose for these people and by rewarding them with Tier 10 being built. Consider it our obligation to them"

If someone is offended and don't want to play that much, there are two ways: buy it for doubloons or don't pay attention to drydock.

I've simply bought PR with my salary card, for example.

So, the degree of whinig won't affect this marathon. For sure.

"Oh yeah we made this insane grind as a gift to people who can't leave the house and play our lovely game 24/7, if you don't like it then use your company credit card to buy it like I did"

And it's just gotten worse since. Every day of World of Warships is the worst the game has ever been to that point.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm happy with World of Warplanes, it hasn't much gotten better since 2.0, but it hasn't gotten any worse either.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

RandomPauI posted:

I'm happy with World of Warplanes, it hasn't much gotten better since 2.0, but it hasn't gotten any worse either.

A few years ago I had a very fun New Year's Eve drinking cider, blasting the 633 Squadron theme and playing missions over and over in my Mosquito.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXQUhBsUVM

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They're reworking Berlin next, and much like with Minsk it looks like "rework" means "taking away almost all cover" so gg.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

They're reworking Berlin next, and much like with Minsk it looks like "rework" means "taking away almost all cover" so gg.

That's... a choice they made.

Not sure why they thought taking out terrain to make your map flat was a good idea but whatever at this point.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
Well that's dogshit. That map actually worked real well.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Well that's dogshit. That map actually worked real well.

I remember when WG kept adding the War! variants of maps and it was adding tons of poo poo for your tank to get caught on in city maps, which were already kinda crowded. people didn't like that either

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I tried out warplanes and I wanted to like it but I dunno why I didn't stick around. I might give the game another try in the future.

But I am going to force myself to enjoy the E50. I would like to try and get the E50M

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The control system in Warplanes is rear end, especially when Ace Combat exists.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I would like to get the newest Ace Combat. But this thread is about tanks!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

OK now they are selling the Object 274a in the EU.

Is it good?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK now they are selling the Object 274a in the EU.

Is it good?

It's the closest thing you can buy to a T-44-100 at the moment. And it's arguably better due to its insane camo values and higher alpha damage. The -100 is quicker off the mark, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I said it once and I'll keep saying it.

274a is a hidden gem. Get it.