Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Virigoth posted:

the mobile launch lag is bringing in so many salty tears.

I mean, it was a nearly unplayable slideshow last night. If I wasn’t just starting on low level solo dungeon BS I would have been playing something else, because gently caress losing your poo poo to servers on fire.

Is this kind of lag pretty typical for peak times etc, or is it usually decent? I don’t particularly feel the urge to replay EvE fleet battles where you warp in, get a tackle, and then endlessly spin in frozen space for 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

idiotsavant posted:

I mean, it was a nearly unplayable slideshow last night. If I wasn’t just starting on low level solo dungeon BS I would have been playing something else, because gently caress losing your poo poo to servers on fire.

Is this kind of lag pretty typical for peak times etc, or is it usually decent? I don’t particularly feel the urge to replay EvE fleet battles where you warp in, get a tackle, and then endlessly spin in frozen space for 15 minutes.

US east, I’ve never had lag issues even in large fights in zones where the player cap has been reached. I’d you have an older CPU you will chug, but not related to networking traffic.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Not the cpu; I built the computer last April and it runs everything else just fine. Last night was constant lag spikes, disconnects, server interruptions etc. Internet was working just dandy on my end, had no issues with other programs/games.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Very rarely I'll notice the servers poo poo the bed for like 10-30 minutes. If i'm lagging I check general or english chat and if everyone is bitching about rubberbanding I just log off. I've never noticed it happen for longer then that.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The recent server stuff definitely seems to be related to the mobile launch, whether it's just a lotta new players or some voodoo tech magic fuckup relating to cross-platform integration idk and idc

I'm mostly just noobing it up in yellow zones so no worries, but if I had valuable stuff on the line I'd be more wary

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

idiotsavant posted:

Not the cpu; I built the computer last April and it runs everything else just fine. Last night was constant lag spikes, disconnects, server interruptions etc. Internet was working just dandy on my end, had no issues with other programs/games.

Oh it’s entirely possible that their recent mobile launch entirely hosed everything up - I just meant that in general, prior to this, lag has never really been an issue

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

causticBeet posted:

Oh it’s entirely possible that their recent mobile launch entirely hosed everything up - I just meant that in general, prior to this, lag has never really been an issue

Gotcha, good to hear. Don’t think I can do another gate-camping lag fest ;)

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
chiming in to confirm the lag is just server issues due to mobile release -- enjoy killing people who are clearly DC'd <3

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Played about 10 hours of this on PC about two years ago and I’m dipping my toes back in now that mobile is out. Is the OP still accurate that most of the activity happens around Martlock? I can set that as a travel goal as I relearn the systems and what I was doing.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

Played about 10 hours of this on PC about two years ago and I’m dipping my toes back in now that mobile is out. Is the OP still accurate that most of the activity happens around Martlock? I can set that as a travel goal as I relearn the systems and what I was doing.

Yep -- we are in the martlock area of the blackzone... main activity is 4 zones SE of martlock portal south in a map called Redtree Enclave (r3).

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Trying to figure out how to claim the tombs of insight and the mount skin. Where's the "claim rewards" tab?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
I am a filthy noob trying out this game. So far so fun, i am about to get to PVP areas so posting to get auth'ed. :madmax:

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

mitztronic posted:

I am a filthy noob trying out this game. So far so fun, i am about to get to PVP areas so posting to get auth'ed. :madmax:

Did you apply in game to Awful Company 42069? If so, whats your char name?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
how many hecking ARCH alliances are there

I've briefly wandered into Martlock a couple times and have seen... six?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

how many hecking ARCH alliances are there

I've briefly wandered into Martlock a couple times and have seen... six?

some are fake/anti-arch i think?

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Alright I'm new to the game. How do I cause trouble?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have a couple of questions.

1) Where is the best place to find current meta builds for each weapon/weapon type?

2) What are these Corrupted Dungeons, and how do I participate?

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

LuckyCat posted:

I have a couple of questions.

1) Where is the best place to find current meta builds for each weapon/weapon type?

2) What are these Corrupted Dungeons, and how do I participate?

1: Youtube

2: They're a big open grid-like dungeon with 3 minichests and a boss chest. You get corrupted xp when killing monsters or minibosses and eventually the final boss appears, kill him you get a chest.

You can get invaded, more likely the more enemies you can kill, and it drops a dude from some other CD into yours and you either destroy 3 of the crystals that appear throughout the dungeon, or fight the other guy and win. Yellow CDs you don't lose your gear, the higher 2 you do.

At the beginning of the CD theres also a shrine you can activate that will put you in the pool of invaders. Die while invading in yellow, it just kicks you back to your CD, if its red or black, you lose everything.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I don’t know if the meta has shifted, I haven’t played a bit, but I had really good luck maintaining ~70% win rate in CD with 1h curse. Stalker is more fun IMO, with slayer generally having more “meta” builds that are annoying to play against. Stalker was still anywhere from 500k->2m for a very fast run.

1h cursed staff, Hunter hood, merc jacket, guardian boots, Hunter hood, thereford cape, normal shield offhand. Use stew and poison potion for consumables, pref t8 (only bring a few poisons for each run). Running at 4.1 or 5.1 depending on your spec will get you to the IP cap of stalker really easily for cheap money, with the cape and the poisons being the most expensive part of the kit.

Don’t use the poisons until the enemy has used all their defensives and will eat a full damage curse E (usually the second one). Use the root W for spacing and getting curse stacks. Use your jacket/helmet cool down when the enemy wants to commit and be careful of purges. If you’re fighting an annoying kiting build try to bait them into traps by hanging out @ low HP and rooting them nearby.

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021
Bumping as instructed.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I started playing this game yesterday and some t6.3 good master's mage sandals dropped. I am in bridgewatch and am not sure what to sell them for. There's a buy order at 165 and a bunch of sell orders up for ~199k. I checked an external market site but that wasn't clear either.

mostly asking because it's worth like 4x what I am wearing and I've only sold stuff there's tons of where it's easier to understand how the market works

might follow instructions in the op or wander into black zones to do solo dungeons on my own later today. not really sure which

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I normally just take the lowest sell order and knock some silver off it so mine is at the top of the list.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Yeah the market tools are all easy to use to figure out decent selling prices - make sure you’re opening the market history tab and you can check pricing history as well as sales history and make your pricing decisions based on that.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

New player trying this after hearing it recommended 50 times in a different thread, can you use the same account on both mobile and pc?

Soren_
Apr 3, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

New player trying this after hearing it recommended 50 times in a different thread, can you use the same account on both mobile and pc?

Yeah, you can use the same account on both. I think you get a mount too?

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yes, also, Hi!

I'd offer to group up and gank with you but I'll be offline until the 21st.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I get into this game very sporadically and play for a couple of days every few months. I like the game and concept but I think that I would play it 100 times more if it was in 3rd person with WASD controls.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

vandalism posted:

I get into this game very sporadically and play for a couple of days every few months. I like the game and concept but I think that I would play it 100 times more if it was in 3rd person with WASD controls.

It was developed as a MOBA style game when it came out so its MOBA centric... league of legends meets UO.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

It was developed as a MOBA style game when it came out so its MOBA centric... league of legends meets UO.

Ahh. I did not know that. I just dick around doing dungeons and stuff and not much pvp which is probably why I never stick around.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

vandalism posted:

Ahh. I did not know that. I just dick around doing dungeons and stuff and not much pvp which is probably why I never stick around.

Have you tried Hardcore Expeditions at all? Some good PvE content there.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Pandaal posted:

Have you tried Hardcore Expeditions at all? Some good PvE content there.

Yes, I did. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I don't think that I am qualified to run them with the meta builds or whatever because I spent a lot of skill points in different places without focusing. I was told that permafrost is really good and my skill for that was low. I focused a lot on dagger + leather vest/shoes + cloth hat.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

What is up with the goon guilds for this game? I've tried to get into the newbie one but it is seemingly just one gigantic alliance with 100 guilds in it.

E. By that I mean the discord is just a landing spot, doesn't seem to actually be a way to get into the group in a direct way

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 4, 2021

Khorne
May 1, 2002
if I put my islands in bridgewatch is it going to be annoying or time consuming if I join a guild based in another city

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

What is up with the goon guilds for this game? I've tried to get into the newbie one but it is seemingly just one gigantic alliance with 100 guilds in it.

E. By that I mean the discord is just a landing spot, doesn't seem to actually be a way to get into the group in a direct way

join awful company 42069 (or any guild in ARCH) -- join discord, chill and kill.

There has never been enough goon interest in Albion to have ONLY goons in the guild though but its still pretty chill (competitive but casual and newb friendly).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

FormerFatty posted:

join awful company 42069 (or any guild in ARCH) -- join discord, chill and kill.

There has never been enough goon interest in Albion to have ONLY goons in the guild though but its still pretty chill (competitive but casual and newb friendly).

Ah, alright, I'll probably find something else then. From what I've seen and heard in the discord ARCH is just an advertising server that guilds pay to join? Thats not really my idea of a playing group.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Ah, alright, I'll probably find something else then. From what I've seen and heard in the discord ARCH is just an advertising server that guilds pay to join? Thats not really my idea of a playing group.

Uh, lol? Please explain what you have heard I'm confused, I don't even mean this snarkily

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

CuddleCryptid posted:

ARCH is more of an upper layer of network above guild that acts as like commercial real estate in that a dude in your guild kicks up enough and vouches for the rest of y'all so you get to have access to the player built amenities and infrastructure. That's how I finally came to understand it in my last go around.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

^^^ I guess that makes sense but what a weird system

baby delivery truck posted:

Uh, lol? Please explain what you have heard I'm confused, I don't even mean this snarkily

I mean looking through the discord history there are several cases of people of people discussing entry fees, maybe that's just a prank, idk. At any rate a guild that is 75% of the game's population isn't really ideal anyways.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

^^^ I guess that makes sense but what a weird system

I mean looking through the discord history there are several cases of people of people discussing entry fees, maybe that's just a prank, idk. At any rate a guild that is 75% of the game's population isn't really ideal anyways.

Are you a pubbie looking to make a guild and join ARCH with said guild? If not -- then why would you have to pay anything?

p.s.

also keep in mind other alliances have far stricter entry fee/requirements making ARCH look like a bunch of unorganized retards (we are).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryptix
Dec 9, 2016

FormerFatty posted:

ARCH look like a bunch of unorganized retards (we are).

Just because I condition my hair while showering with

doesn't mean I'm redarded.

You're lucky I still shower, Papa Glutt.