Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
The more they lean into the nosmic spider sense the sillier it sounds as Tanjiro learns more and more esoteric information via scent. I can't help but laugh at poo poo like "he smells like an honorable person."

Also, I had never heard the dub before the movie. The VA for Inosuke sounds like he's doing a version of Yajirobe from DBZ Abridged and my god if it doesn't make him 100x more annoying.

Edit: Hi Rengoku! Bye Rengoku!

Not Keyser Soze fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here’s something funny about the va for Inosuke. In Japan he’s voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka who voices Kirito on Sword Art Online. In English Inosuke is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, who also plays Kirito on SAO.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
i love a good bryce peppercorn

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Here’s something funny about the va for Inosuke. In Japan he’s voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka who voices Kirito on Sword Art Online. In English Inosuke is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook, who also plays Kirito on SAO.

He's also Eren Jaeger, for a different flavour of relentless, murderous rage.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just checked my local movie theater website and discovered that the movie is still playing. I don't know if that says more about people wanting Demon Slayer or if there still isn't anything coming to theaters.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I'm like halfway through the movie right now and I swear to god if the demon who puts people to sleep doesn't get hosed up by the guy who kills people when he falls asleep I'm gonna be mad.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spanish Matlock posted:

I'm like halfway through the movie right now and I swear to god if the demon who puts people to sleep doesn't get hosed up by the guy who kills people when he falls asleep I'm gonna be mad.

Rest assured, the fatal miscalculation that guy makes is much sillier (although putting Zenitsu to sleep is certainly a very bad move for him).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Spanish Matlock posted:

Tell us your thoughts when you finish.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Movie spoilers, do not read before finishing the movie: Actually Zenitsu was one of the more disappointing things about the movie. As Spanish Matlock says, you got a demon who puts people to sleep and a dude who turns into insane badass when he falls asleep, the plot should write itself once you put these two together, but Zenitsu barely does anything the whole movie. It's huge waste IMHO.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Yeah, kind of feel like you could hear the faint *whirrrrr* of Anton Chekhov turning in his grave on that one. Ending was cool. Innosuke still best boy. You'd have to hope that if thunder lad isn't going to come through in the clutch when it's literally his gag, then he'll get his poo poo together at some point instead and have some kind of character arc. Otherwise his gag'll end up feeling kind of cheap after this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Movie spoilers: I mean, he does do a lot of heavy lifting in protecting the passengers, alongside Kyojuro and Nezuko. He doesn't actively defeat the big nasty responsible, but he does play a key role in ruining his plans.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
honestly, having zenitsu shut the gently caress up and do cool sword poo poo is better than his appearances in most of this manga/anime

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

dudermcbrohan posted:

honestly, having zenitsu shut the gently caress up and do cool sword poo poo is better than his appearances in most of this manga/anime

:hmmyes:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The thing is that he doesn't actually do any particularly cool poo poo, tho. The one scene he gets of slicing some non-descript tentacles felt pretty tame to me in comparison to killing that one spider demon.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I always feel vaguely cheated when the plot isn't "uncage Nezuko, watch her whip rear end." Maybe next season.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The best part of the movie was watching the dreams. Legitimately hilarious.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been binging this series over the last month or two, and went to see the movie over the weekend as a belated birthday gift for my wife. I don't know a lot about anime, but I think this is good anime?

My biggest takeaway from the movie is that it might be time for me to look into some sort of sound system for our TV at home. Maybe it's because this was my first time in a theater in a year and a half, or because our TV is a decade old, but drat did this movie sound real good in the theater.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a huge surprise but the movie hit physical last week in Japan and it proceeded to sell a million units (between blu-ray and dvd) in three days.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
https://twitter.com/funimation/status/1407337656535683077?s=21

Mugen Train is now streaming on Funimation in the US.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Is it worth seeing in theaters?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
yes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tabletops posted:

Is it worth seeing in theaters?
Absofuckinglutely. If available in a theater near you and the 1st season was your jam, go see it.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I have a good audio system at home, but the theater just projects sound in a way that is unreal. This is one of the few movies I felt the theater experience was better than the home.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of funny how the movie was rated R in theaters but for streaming Funimation lists it as TV-14.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten in 2019 posted:

I hope Inosuke gets to fight that train.

I'm so proud of him

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 28, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Madurai posted:

I always feel vaguely cheated when the plot isn't "uncage Nezuko, watch her whip rear end." Maybe next season.

Nezuko should get a sword and make up her own Demon Blood art demon breathing technique with it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new season technically starts October 10th but the first seven episodes will actually be a re-edit of the movie with one new episode to start it off. So really "new" episodes begin on December 5th.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

muscles like this! posted:

The new season technically starts October 10th but the first seven episodes will actually be a re-edit of the movie with one new episode to start it off. So really "new" episodes begin on December 5th.

Seriously? Boo

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

They're pulling a Dragon Ball Super, I see, but with better quality.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it will have new scenes alongside the movie stuff.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I liked the movie a lot so I'm down to watch it again and be sad again.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
An episodic format might actually be beneficial and help to make the movie’s weird, left turn in the last half hour feel like less of sudden departure from the narrative.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It is time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MXHczeEqc

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Is it time though? I don't see it up on Crunchyroll or Funimatiom

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yawgmoft posted:

Is it time though? I don't see it up on Crunchyroll or Funimatiom

It took an annoying amount of fiddling, but here's episode one of the tv version of the train arc movie. The movie is there too, since the Oct 4 apparently

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The first new episode is anime original and focused around Rengoku though it fits in just fine.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
"We added an episode about this one character because we realized if you didn't read the manga you don't really care about a guy who's only relevant for about half of one movie that feels like a semi-canon, side story."

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He has no presence in the manga until the moment he shows up on the train, either.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Oh really? He's not at the headquarters from the end of season one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
He was definitely there in the anime