Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Wazzu posted:

He's a teenager with an incredibly lame dad who is trying to hard force him, a teenager, into doing lame dad things.
Which probably would've been fine if said lame dad things didn't stop him from going to the big party with his crush, which was obviously really important to him. Like, if Goofy had told him they'd be going on a fishing trip the following week or whatever instead of literally dragging him into the car without any warning, Max probably would've humored him and they would've had a decent time. Of course, Max didn't try to explain the situation to his lame dad and ended up moping instead, so he really didn't do himself any good there. Both of them are being assholes at the start of the film (although Goofy does at least have good intentions), and that's the point.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh does he do too many superkicks in that one? Buncha Goofy Cornettes up in here

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

idk maybe Drake should shut the gently caress up and just look after his own kids. He protests so loudly it sounds like deflection(a tactic used by his favorite president).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the young bucks of goofy is max, not goofy. there's no way to spin it otherwise besides being legally hosed up. you're corn guy if you hate max. i have never seen the character max before

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

the young bucks of goofy is max, not goofy. there's no way to spin it otherwise besides being legally hosed up. you're corn guy if you hate max. i have never seen the character max before

Also one of the Bucks' first names is Max so it's basically a 1:1 comparison

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What did Drake do now?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

What did Drake do now?

Same poo poo, different council meeting.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

DMorbid posted:

Which probably would've been fine if said lame dad things didn't stop him from going to the big party with his crush, which was obviously really important to him. Like, if Goofy had told him they'd be going on a fishing trip the following week or whatever instead of literally dragging him into the car without any warning, Max probably would've humored him and they would've had a decent time. Of course, Max didn't try to explain the situation to his lame dad and ended up moping instead, so he really didn't do himself any good there. Both of them are being assholes at the start of the film (although Goofy does at least have good intentions), and that's the point.

Listen to 20 minutes of a music nerd lose his loving mind over the movie.

(It's a real good video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6j-562xQSs

edit: Oh, I posted this because it goes into the protagonist/antagonist roles at around the 11 minute mark

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 23, 2021

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

idk maybe Drake should shut the gently caress up and just look after his own kids. He protests so loudly it sounds like deflection(a tactic used by his favorite president).

I imagine CTE is making most of Drake's decisions these days. It sucks, and he'll probably never get the help/treatment he needs because he's being such an rear end in a top hat.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

oh for sure dude, i’m gonna watch that right now

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CombineThresher posted:

I imagine CTE is making most of Drake's decisions these days. It sucks, and he'll probably never get the help/treatment he needs because he's being such an rear end in a top hat.

It’s less CTE and more religious rehab brainwashing, I think.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s less CTE and more religious rehab brainwashing, I think.

Why put all the blame on one when both working together is right there?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you folks should be off making bank explaining serial killers to the feds (joshing)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I figured Goofy burned down the house trying to make dinner while his wife was sleeping and that's how she died. Either that or a hunter shot her.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

or maybe drake's always been an rear end in a top hat and I let my love of hometown heroes get in the way of reality.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also one of the Bucks' first names is Max so it's basically a 1:1 comparison

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I figured Goofy burned down the house trying to make dinner while his wife was sleeping and that's how she died. Either that or a hunter shot her.

Goofys wife is that cow lady he used to dance with in the old black and white shorts. She divorced his rear end years ago.

E: Her name is Clarabelle I guess.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Goofys wife is that cow lady he used to dance with in the old black and white shorts. She divorced his rear end years ago.

So Max is half dog half bull?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

So Max is half dog half bull?

We don't talk about where Max came from.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean they are kinda dogs.

So it was probably a cop.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Vince MechMahon posted:

E: Her name is Clarabelle I guess.

no way.

She just disappeared from Disney stuff after that, huh.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

We don't talk about where Max came from.

I'm gonna talk about it. He came from the 90s.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
THE LORE OF THE GOOF

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It still bothers me that the Disney crew treats Pluto like a pet when we know dogs are sentient and sapient in that universe.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

https://twitter.com/yisuscribete/status/1406983824882425868

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
*Bryan Alvarez voice* GOOF. TROOP.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

It still bothers me that the Disney crew treats Pluto like a pet when we know dogs are sentient and sapient in that universe.

Goofy and Pluto are different. Pluto is a dog, Goofy is a "funny animal".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

speedy gonzales and mickey mouse are the same race.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Cavauro posted:

speedy gonzales and mickey mouse are the same race.

Speedy is DC, Mickey Mouse is Marvel

Not even the same universe.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yo - gently caress Disney. Apparently they are sending copyright strikes to people who use the names of norse gods in their products and just a person who happens to look like Loki.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/o670k6/what_is_going_on_with_disney/

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Any guesses on who Bey is taking about?

https://twitter.com/dashingchrisbey/status/1407736983091175430?s=21

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ok

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Could be talking about indie bookings because it seems that Impact is still booking him regularly.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Feels like GCW to me, with absolutely no proof.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That's a rovert-level tweet from Bey

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Cornette crew thinks Joey is serious.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1407596209322221569?s=20

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If Joey's new heel gimmick ends up just being Drake Worst, that's very funny.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its hard to tell with Joey. The guy had to babysit Zandig.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
If you haven't watched A Goofy Movie and only know Goofy as, you know, Goofy, the last 2 pages have been quite the trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Also, Goofy definitely would have fallen into QAnon