Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Smells like it’s coming home lads

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Emoh gnimoc s'ti

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

we carry the dubious honour of being in first, scoring only two goals, and none against Scotland whom the others easily scored against

The english way!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saka was better :colbert:

Anyway a scrappy 1-0 win over inferior opposition is proof that it is definitely coming home

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i7hh5CrE5I

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Scotland finished last because they’re loving wank lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Looke posted:

Smells like it’s coming home lads

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

End the thread.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Nah let them keep it open until Tuesday

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I'm convinced now, it's coming home

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

football

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

I did say I didn’t want a tense 1-0. Oh well. Fair play to my boss from the pub who brought his best mate who spent all of the 90 telling me how the Czechs would equalise, and then spent fifteen minutes after telling me how Germany/Portugal would put ten past us.

I’d recommend watching England with friends.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Harry staring into his future

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

half cocaine posted:

Harry staring into his future

He's not going to Chelsea

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm listening to podcasts and people seem to think Harry Kane was significantly improved last night.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

peanut- posted:

I'm listening to podcasts and people seem to think Harry Kane was significantly improved last night.

He had a very good first half but like everyone else he dropped off after the break

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
He did get more touches and had a shot, which *is* a big improvement. But he looks like he's running in treacle, they should've rested him for a game.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

I did say I didn’t want a tense 1-0. Oh well. Fair play to my boss from the pub who brought his best mate who spent all of the 90 telling me how the Czechs would equalise, and then spent fifteen minutes after telling me how Germany/Portugal would put ten past us.

I’d recommend watching England with friends.

bit of a humble brag there mentioning how you had a pint with southgate

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Bet Southgate enjoys a nice pint of ale.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Honestly starting to hope we absolutely poo poo up this tournament 1-0 all the way to the final. Keep those two defensive midfielders on the pitch, Walker and Trippier alongside all the way.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1407638658988097537

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's coming home (at a rate of 1.6mph)

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Rarity posted:

It's coming home (at a rate of 1.6mph)

Three sloths on a shirt

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

peanut- posted:

Honestly starting to hope we absolutely poo poo up this tournament 1-0 all the way to the final. Keep those two defensive midfielders on the pitch, Walker and Trippier alongside all the way.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1407638658988097537

coincidentally, 0.98 metres per second is also Harry Kane's running speed

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

Don't exaggerate

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

thats former gbs moderator and fail liverpool poster The_Finn

you can tell its' him because he's bald

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

track day bro! posted:

thats former gbs moderator and fail liverpool poster The_Finn

you can tell its' him because he's bald

- divorced
- tattoos
- anime panties
- flies into a rage on hearing the name brenda

checks out

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

vyelkin posted:

What kind of merchant shipping vessel does this correspond to

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Made the mistake of listening to a phone in on R5L this morning and there were some very angry England fans complaining about the performance against the Czechs. If England somehow scuffle their way to eye wateringly bad 1-0 victories all the way to picking up the trophy all that negativity will be forgotten in a nano-second and ARE BRAVE LIONS IT WAS NEVER IN DOUBT DID YOU SEE THAT HELMUT, FRANCOIS AND GUISEPPE?

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

No matter how poorly England play, it’s never worth listening to the opinion of the average person on the street about them. Abysmal.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

biglads posted:

Made the mistake of listening to a phone in on R5L this morning and there were some very angry England fans complaining about the performance against the Czechs. If England somehow scuffle their way to eye wateringly bad 1-0 victories all the way to picking up the trophy all that negativity will be forgotten in a nano-second and ARE BRAVE LIONS IT WAS NEVER IN DOUBT DID YOU SEE THAT HELMUT, FRANCOIS AND GUISEPPE?

I'm convinced that a lot of them don't actually like or watch football for the rest of the year

England set up to actually win games against decent teams and also still win their group at a canter without conceding a goal, better have a vox pop on Good Morning Britain on how Boring Gareth needs to stop playing holding midfielders because he ruined your barbeque by not winning 4-0 and doing rabonas

Maybe you should go for a walk instead, Nigel, it's nice out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
At the risk of sounding like an appalling blizzard reading goblin the absolute worst thing about England at tournaments is the sudden emergence of professional England Fans who suddenly have opinions about how football should be played of the 'he should score every game he gets paid enough!!!' variety

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm convinced that a lot of them don't actually like or watch football for the rest of the year

England set up to actually win games against decent teams and also still win their group at a canter without conceding a goal, better have a vox pop on Good Morning Britain on how Boring Gareth needs to stop playing holding midfielders because he ruined your barbeque by not winning 4-0 and doing rabonas

Maybe you should go for a walk instead, Nigel, it's nice out

They didn’t score against loving Scotland, and still haven’t played the consensus best lineup (Sancho), even once we’d qualified.

Miserly defending is good, but not being able to score more than one goal vs even dogshit opposition is going to be a problem. It’s not necessary to be terrible to defend.

It’s still coming home, but only due to luck.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
England vs Germany at Wembley then?

I'm sure everyone will handle this well

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

England vs Germany at Wembley then?

I'm sure everyone will handle this well

Phwoar yes can't wait for the thunderous boos Southgate will get when we lose

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

wooger posted:

They didn’t score against loving Scotland, and still haven’t played the consensus best lineup (Sancho), even once we’d qualified.

Miserly defending is good, but not being able to score more than one goal vs even dogshit opposition is going to be a problem. It’s not necessary to be terrible to defend.

It’s still coming home, but only due to luck.

It's not as if England had ten men behind the ball and were clinging on for a result, they were comfortable and controlled against compact defensive teams, and a tetchy game with Scotland in the rain counts for gently caress all except to a bunch of people who are fighting a secret war in their heads getting mad that England didn't win 5-0 to avenge Stirling Bridge

Getting mad that England didn't win by "enough" is the dumbest poo poo, as is deciding that whoever's on the bench/left out of the squad is/was the one secret ingredient to recreating the 1970 Brazil side (remember when it was Joe Cole, the English Messi)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

If we win our next four games then it's coming home I reckon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like there's a middle ground somewhere between 'we have to be the best team ever' and 'who cares if we play shite'. I like to callt that middle ground 'not looking like we'll get steamrolled by the first proper team we play'

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

We can beat Germany. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hungary almost did. Anything is possible.