Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe it's pan as in pantheon or panorama.

e: 80

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You wouldn't dl a pancake.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

therattle posted:

Isn’t an oven pancake just a cake?

No I think they come out quite differently from griddled pancakes or crepes, I like them best when the insides are moist, almost runny. And often they are made without any baking powder too which also removes them a bit further from a regular pancake.

And no fan that I know of wrt the oven thing, it's kinda hard to give an accurate estimate because peoples ovens perform differently. I regularly need to set mine lower than most other peoples so I set mine to 175 for instance or it will be too hot. Might be the 10mm plate of steel I got in the oven at all times.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

No I think they come out quite differently from griddled pancakes or crepes, I like them best when the insides are moist, almost runny. And often they are made without any baking powder too which also removes them a bit further from a regular pancake.

I will start a war with the entire rest of the world that a pancake should not have any raising agent in it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I use a enamel baking tray with sides about 1cm high and fan 180

Regular pancake mix and then you put fruit on top like you would toad in the hole.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/educationgovuk/status/1406990765906145281

Got to say, I can't remember seeing a ratio so severe on a UK tweet before. At least that's something!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ey, I make-a da pantaprazole!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
How long has it been since that Stonger Together Starmer relaunch?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A week, and that tweet is still up.

Stong Britain, Kieth Nation
Stong Britain, Kieth Nation
Stong Britain, Kieth Naaatiooon

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The thing that really gets me about the song is how it begs "don't be angry about race, we've been really nice, haven't we kids?"

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

"if we talk about diversity being good then people aren't allowed to point out that it's open fascist propaganda"

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Comrade Fakename posted:

Got to say, I can't remember seeing a ratio so severe on a UK tweet before. At least that's something!

It really says something when even the gammons over at Pistonheads think it’s a bit fash.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

OwlFancier posted:

I will start a war with the entire rest of the world that thinks a pancake should not have any raising agent in it.

Having trouble parsing this, did you mean to add the bolded word?

At any rate I like it better without, also like crepes more than regular pancakes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's not properly grammatically correct but I was going for "I will go to war for the cause of unleavened pancakes"

When I grew up I was only ever given flat pancakes so I have never quite adjusted to Scottish or US variety.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Fat pancakes are nice too, they're just a different food to unleavened ones and sit somewhere on the pancake to crumpet spectrum

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have the best waffle recipe which can also be used for giant oven pancakes or small pancakes for kids.

250g flour
2tsp baking powder

OR

250g self raising flour

350ml milk
80g butter

OR

430g buttermilk

2 large eggs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I just go with "some" flour then two or three eggs, then milk until it reaches the desired consistency.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

It's not properly grammatically correct but I was going for "I will go to war for the cause of unleavened pancakes"

When I grew up I was only ever given flat pancakes so I have never quite adjusted to Scottish or US variety.

Use whipped egg whites stiffened with xanthum gum and you won't need no baking powder.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Where do welsh cakes fit into this discussion

Somewhere good, I bet

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Borrovan posted:

Where do welsh cakes fit into this discussion

Somewhere good, I bet

I was told they aren't supposed to be heavy but I just make em real stodgy so they keep for ages.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Comrade Fakename posted:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wait, the govt wants all school kids to sing a Hail Britain song every day?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

even the gammons who live in the BBC comments think it's going a bit far

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

keep punching joe posted:

Man the 70s sure was tough on people.

Aside from everything else mentioned, the facial hair seems an influence, moustaches and beards make people seem old now.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.
I've been reading up on the Rotherham scandal, while constantly being on the edge of throwing up. And I've seen some posts about the police and social workers being in on the abuse ring, but that being buried in the race narrative about the perpetrators. Is there some place I can find more info about this?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

IIRC the gist I got was that it was covered up, or rather ignored, because the victims were poor, not because the perpetrators were nonwhite.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Mordekai posted:

I've been reading up on the Rotherham scandal, while constantly being on the edge of throwing up. And I've seen some posts about the police and social workers being in on the abuse ring, but that being buried in the race narrative about the perpetrators. Is there some place I can find more info about this?

If you want an idea how long scandals like Rotherham have been on going I'd look at Nick Davies' Dark Heart which was written in 98(?) and pretty much outlines exactly the same situations as was happening in Rotherham.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Makes a lot of sense that even moreso than most, UK cops do not give a poo poo about children getting raped.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ol' Brillo pad is getting awfully salty on Twitter about the advertising for GBeebies going tits up, advising people to go elsewhere. Funny, it had the opposite effect on me...

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1407722772009209861

Except for Corbyn who was obviously mega Hitler.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Isn't the USA a better comparison?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Antigravitas posted:

Isn't the USA a better comparison?

potato potahto

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

A decilitre, 100ml.

In Finnish this is desilitra, or in short desi, as in "two desis of sugar". I'm glad I don't do any baking (trying to eat less sugar) so I've never accidentally used that particular shorthand here in the UK :ninja:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fudge restock!

We’ve just restocked multiple flavours at https://www.fudjit.co.uk - on the website now in addition to many other delicious flavours you’ll find fresh drops of the following:

Original Vanilla
Lemon Meringue Pie
Chocolate Orange
Veganilla
Vegan cookies
Vegan Biscoff

All c.100g bars of fudge cost £3.50 plus postage, and as always you can use the special goon code ‘roastbeefisbest’ to get 5-for-4 on all flavours.

Happy fudging

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Literally grandparent age for most of human society.

e:

https://twitter.com/thatrobguy/status/1396902729042120706

You're half a decade older than Cliff Clavin, lmao.

Oh God.

Oh God!

OH GOD!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's much better because I am simply too young to have ever watched cheers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The intro song is much better that Swole Britannia thing while covering similar themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mi0r0LpXo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheNationalNews/status/1407781185393156097

Billionare sex criminals be dying in their cell just before they can testify.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Angrymog posted:

What's a dl, and is that fan assisted or not for the temp?

It's most definitely not fan assisted. That recipe is not suited for that.

Also I replace half that milk with water, and go lactose-free for the milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
What sexcrimes did he do? I thought it was mostly about going on the run when his neighbour turned up dead?