Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had to play 7 with the English dub because my eyes were hosed and I couldn't read the subtitles, and when you do the sidequest where Ichi meets the English-speaking tourist, Ichi broadly announces that English is a very hard language and he doesn't understand it, then he just turns and looks at the camera for a beat

Omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had to play 7 with the English dub because my eyes were hosed and I couldn't read the subtitles, and when you do the sidequest where Ichi meets the English-speaking tourist, Ichi broadly announces that English is a very hard language and he doesn't understand it, then he just turns and looks at the camera for a beat

lol, yakuza 3 has a series of substories in which kiryu learns a little english, but none of it is voiced. i really wanted to hear his voice actor do the carefully pronounced phrases.

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
i'm playing k2 and i'm walking around soutenbori with haruka and getting harassed by dudes, and my finger slipped causing me to do the "shoot a guy in the gut 3 times at point blank range" heat action for the first time while haruka was like 5 ft away. lol at calmly holding hands after that and walking away, what a hardened 10 year old

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scythe posted:

i'm playing k2 and i'm walking around soutenbori with haruka and getting harassed by dudes, and my finger slipped causing me to do the "shoot a guy in the gut 3 times at point blank range" heat action for the first time while haruka was like 5 ft away. lol at calmly holding hands after that and walking away, what a hardened 10 year old

well after all the guy blasted 3 times at point blank survived. he'll be fine later.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

well after all the guy blasted 3 times at point blank survived. he'll be fine later.

This. Kiryu has never killed anyone.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Thinking about that heat move in y5 where Kiryu grinds a goon's face into the asphalt over and over.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Professor of Cats posted:

Thinking about that heat move in y5 where Kiryu grinds a goon's face into the asphalt over and over.

thats the only one i can't watch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

thats the only one i can't watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXU3XziAaak

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nooooooooo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I got desensitized after seeing it one million times but the only one that ever bothered me was the Kiwami 2/6 one with the large knives, daggers, broken bottles etc where Kiryu would stab them in the stomach, leave the blade in, then strike the handle with his knee, burying it completely in their gut. That made me flinch every time for a while lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the one where kiryu takes a used hypo and slams it into a thug's rear end, pushying the plunger

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004
yeah that one's just brutal. also majima's where he slices two guys' necks and then kicks his dagger into a third dude's lung, then negs the poor guy and twists the blade as he pulls it out

edit: lmao i haven't seen this one yet, amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snnOqwLjq7A

Scythe fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 23, 2021

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

essence of mystery liquid always makes me :kstare: . You don't know what's in that Kiryu

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lmao yakuza owns so god drat much

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the beast mode heatmove where you break both of their arms is nasty as hell

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Essence of Pliers has both a fingernails and a tooth version, just in case one wasn't visceral enough lol

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
The nail box and the teapot in 0 are hilariously brutal, love Kiryu's deadpan look as he's pouring boiling water on some dude's face as if he's watering his plants.

The one that makes me the most uncomfortable is essence of butt breaking, because if you've ever fell hard on your rear end you know that feeling of the impact going up your spine.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jun 23, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Finally finished the taxi missions in 5 last night, that was insanely fun. I would honestly play a full game of the driving missions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Finally finished the taxi missions in 5 last night, that was insanely fun. I would honestly play a full game of the driving missions

which music did you use

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

which music did you use

I only bought 1 CD when the mobile store opened and it was the only option. Let's Go Away

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

good pick, it's the best one imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apparently its a totally new remix that they made just for y5 and didnt use anywhere else even though it totally rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBjH6lQT4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tze7gS0ZDps

also here's one some dude fuckin butchered to make sound like the arcade version lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RerviVpJC8

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same. They're super fun

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

apparently its a totally new remix that they made just for y5 and didnt use anywhere else even though it totally rips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBjH6lQT4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tze7gS0ZDps

also here's one some dude fuckin butchered to make sound like the arcade version lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RerviVpJC8

that's just the saturn/pc version arrangement of the full song, the weird butchered fan one is hammering it into the tempo of the attract mode version of the song which is still funny

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
crying from video game music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiAlrSeZAM

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
those were the days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

The nail box and the teapot in 0 are hilariously brutal, love Kiryu's deadpan look as he's pouring boiling water on some dude's face as if he's watering his plants.

The one that makes me the most uncomfortable is essence of butt breaking, because if you've ever fell hard on your rear end you know that feeling of the impact going up your spine.

yeah anything spinal or like breaking dudes over fencing sends a shiver down my back

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

akiyama has that weird one where someone throws him a magazine that says "essence of groin attack" or something, but instead of doing that, he shoves the magazine up the guy's rear end.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I picked up a bottle of Suntory Toki and it’s pretty drat good. Like a nice mild scotch

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I picked up a bottle of Suntory Toki and it’s pretty drat good. Like a nice mild scotch

This is exactly what I used to break in the drinking glasses that came with the deluxe Yakuza 6 edition

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

man nurse posted:

This is exactly what I used to break in the drinking glasses that came with the deluxe Yakuza 6 edition

:cheerdoge:

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

man nurse posted:

that’s sick

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao liumango

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

man nurse posted:

man i wish i'd fotten those, they look sick

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol takimura making a good first impression by going to beat the poo poo out of the guy who told on him for gambling while on the job. playing the part by getting him extremely drunk at all times to help clear out the list :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
after like a decade+ of not being able to get into the Yakuza series of games, Like a Dragon make me legitimately cry at the end. i'll never look at a coin locker the same way again