Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Once again Neo Turf Masters remains the undisputed king of golf. :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fly Ricky posted:

Ugh. Honesty when was the last time Nintendo updated a finished game in any meaningful way? Other than characters in Smash. I’m not holding out much hope they fundamentally change the focus of the game or drop a huge DLC of cool courses.

Animal Crossing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Animal Crossing

Still no Gyroids or coffee shop what a waste

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This in particular they have directly said new characters and courses will be added, the example course was New Donk City

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Fly Ricky posted:

Ugh. Honesty when was the last time Nintendo updated a finished game in any meaningful way? Other than characters in Smash. I’m not holding out much hope they fundamentally change the focus of the game or drop a huge DLC of cool courses.

AC, Mario Maker, Spla2n, even freaking ARMS.

Basically if it has a big online presence, Nintendo will support it for at least a year.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

didn’t they also add proper online multiplayer to that mario party that came out with lovely multiplayer? or was that like a different game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Also how is Legend of Mana's performance on Switch? Does it run at 60fps?

Still deciding between Switch and PC for it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

didn’t they also add proper online multiplayer to that mario party that came out with lovely multiplayer? or was that like a different game.

Yeah they gave Super Mario Party real multi just a few weeks ago

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

"With speed taking precedence, Mario Golf: Super Rush is for players who want to experience the thrills of golf at quadruple the pace. However, traditional Mario Golf fans may feel snubbed here as there is little challenge outside standard golf and solo play, with character unlocks and incentives completely excluded. Perhaps with the promise of continuous updates due to its rather limited base game, Super Rush may feel less one-sided, though for now it values velocity over proficiency – the complete antithesis to real-life golf. Not quite an eagle, almost a birdie, but absolutely on par. "
:negative:

Cmon you idiots I want progression from my single player game.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Animal Crossing

Eh. Not exactly the kind of game-changing overhaul they’re going to need to fix this mess.

To be fair I haven’t played it, and now won’t. It sounds like several steps backwards from the 3DS version in multiple areas.

Mega64 posted:

AC, Mario Maker, Spla2n, even freaking ARMS.

Basically if it has a big online presence, Nintendo will support it for at least a year.

Those were all basically incremental updates on the solid structure that the games were already built on. The focus of this game seems to be on a brief goofy Mii mode and speed golf.

And it doesn’t sound like the online in this will have much of a presence. Remember those dope online tourneys on 3DS? How do they not include that, let alone build upon it.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 24, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmfao.

Never change, Games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

Lmfao.

Never change, Games.

Lol

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Foul Fowl posted:

nintendo is all about fun, and just think about how much more fun they can pack into their games with that 150k. that's like two extra units of fun.

Pokemon Company isn't Nintendo.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Morpheus posted:

Anyone who cheers for the corporation getting 'justice' because some people released a few screenshots of a game a little bit before release by suing them into what is at the very least dire financial straits is an idiot. And I say this as a Nintendo fan.

Can I still laugh at idiots leaking pre-release information in an easily traceable manner, and getting caught for it, for 15 minutes of Twitter fame? Because I find that funny.

Do I think they deserve to be financially ruined for it? No. But it definitely falls in the realm of "What did you expect to happen, you idiot?"

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

American McGay posted:

Lmfao.

Never change, Games.

Hey if the game floats your boat more power to you. You can’t sit here and say that this sounds at all what fans of the series were hoping for though. Take away all the cool poo poo from the last one. Take my money!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
On one hand: IP laws are bullshit and the legal system is just the mob enforcers of the wealthy

On the other: lmao @ loving up your whole life for clicks

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fly Ricky posted:

Hey if the game floats your boat more power to you. You can’t sit here and say that this sounds at all what fans of the series were hoping for though.

As a fans of the series I am excitedly buying Waluigi Golf Super Rush tomorrow morning because it's Waluigi Golf.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fly Ricky posted:

Hey if the game floats your boat more power to you. You can’t sit here and say that this sounds at all what fans of the series were hoping for though. Take away all the cool poo poo from the last one. Take my money!
I'm guessing more people want to play wacky multiplayer with their friends, and this will likely be the best selling Mario Golf game by the end of the month. We're in the minority and that kinda sucks yeah, but this isn't an international incident.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendo will never recover from this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Al-Saqr posted:

Once again Neo Turf Masters remains the undisputed king of golf. :hehe:

Big Tournament Golf. The PGA doesn't let them call it Neo Turf Masters anymore.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fly Ricky posted:

Ring Fit Adventure got a huge update out of nowhere that added multiple language options for the Ring’s voice, quality of life upgrades, allowed you to jog through Adventure courses in custom mode and added a rhythm game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ring Fit Adventure got a huge update out of nowhere that added multiple language options for the Ring’s voice, quality of life upgrades, allowed you to jog through Adventure courses in custom mode and added a rhythm game.
gently caress that rhythm game is so good. Kicks my drat rear end every time. I only wish there were more songs.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Thanks for recommending Slay the Spire everyone. I've lost my god drat head.

Just one more run...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Silver Falcon posted:

Can I still laugh at idiots leaking pre-release information in an easily traceable manner, and getting caught for it, for 15 minutes of Twitter fame? Because I find that funny.

Do I think they deserve to be financially ruined for it? No. But it definitely falls in the realm of "What did you expect to happen, you idiot?"

Yeah it's this

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Apparently motion controls in Mario golf completely suck so I probably won't be buying the silly golf club peripheral after all.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

After buying tennis I made sure I'd be able to resell golf so I'm good to go. "Wah!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Ah yes, a sum of money that would absolutely destroy most people to have owing in their lives.

That certainly is easy.

I'm not saying it's a small sum of money but they got off easy compared to that rom site owner who made the rounds a couple weeks ago who represented himself in court against Nintendo and got blasted for over $2 million.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm betting if enough people complain Nintendo will dump like 12 new courses and be all "sorry, it was made during covid so a lot of features were left out" and then include Link and Zelda as characters and a Hyrule themed course as a DLC.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

I'm guessing more people want to play wacky multiplayer with their friends, and this will likely be the best selling Mario Golf game by the end of the month. We're in the minority and that kinda sucks yeah, but this isn't an international incident.

What an absolute mess!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People said that about Mario Party and it’s four boards and Nintendo only added an online mode over a year later

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
1000% shocked Nintendo hasn't pulled a The Sims with Animal Crossing because they could get away with it.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'm not actually surprised that Mario Golf is getting poo poo on for being mediocre after the Tennis debacle (and the shortness of Mario Party). I guess the real surprise will be how much it sells, which will unfortunately be a lot.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

American McGay posted:

gently caress that rhythm game is so good. Kicks my drat rear end every time. I only wish there were more songs.

I find it kills my arms every time. Jogging courses in custom mode rules, though. It’s a good warmup before doing a bunch of tough exercises.

hatty posted:

People said that about Mario Party and it’s four boards and Nintendo only added an online mode over a year later

Eh it isn’t that terrible, there’s the cooperative river mode and the 2v2 mode and the weird Toad one that requires two Switches which I haven’t tried but that looked cool. I liked the mini games, as well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe if it sell a lot they’ll add more courses. Maybe a toadstool tour pack or something

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shammypants posted:

I'm not actually surprised that Mario Golf is getting poo poo on for being mediocre after the Tennis debacle (and the shortness of Mario Party). I guess the real surprise will be how much it sells, which will unfortunately be a lot.

Oh no it might sell a lot. Lol

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Anyone who cheers for the corporation getting 'justice' because some people released a few screenshots of a game a little bit before release by suing them into what is at the very least dire financial straits is an idiot. And I say this as a Nintendo fan.

I'm not cheering for anyone, but I'm definitely not feeling sorry for anyone who signed a paper saying "if you leak this, we will sue you and end your career" who then turned around and leaked it. Don't care if it's your neighbor suing you for leaking their book plot they asked you read, if they made the risks clear I don't really care if the punishment is way overwrought, it was completely in your control. That isn't "justice", it's a hilarious misunderstanding of your own responsibility you promised to maintain.

Wage garnishment for 10 years is dumb objectively for such a trivial thing as pictures of a kid's game, obviously. But hey, you opted in.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh no it might sell a lot. Lol

Imagine being such a nintendo super duper weirdo fan that you want bad releases to sell like gangbusters so they can continue to release paper thin titles

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I've been waiting for something to scratch that Golf Story itch from a few years ago, but based on the reviews the story mode in Super rush isn't going to be it?

I've never played a Mario Golf game before but have a 3ds. If I pick up an old copy of world tour, how does that compare to Golf Story?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Hey! You signed a contract to work in THE DEATH MACHINE, don't go chickening out on me now.

Idk. Nintendo really is the Disney of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Shammypants posted:

Imagine being such a nintendo super duper weirdo fan that you want bad releases to sell like gangbusters so they can continue to release paper thin titles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1gtwGfQtRc

How's the framerate on Fenyx? I hear it's been patched quite a few times since its release, and I liked the combat in the demo.