Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I liked Mario Tennis on Switch. I can understand wishing it had an RPG mode but it was my favorite in the series since the GameCube one. The core gameplay is a good tennis game and that’s what I wanted out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope F-Zero NS is just one track and one character. Games need to be more efficient. I have a back catalog I'll already never finish.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I hope F-Zero NS is just one track and one character. Games need to be more efficient. I have a back catalog I'll already never finish.

I hope it's not.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They still do that. Yakuza series has lots of old Sega games playable in it, for instance.

As the Best Game Series Ever, Yakuza is an outlier I think. But point taken

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I liked Mario Tennis on Switch. I can understand wishing it had an RPG mode but it was my favorite in the series since the GameCube one. The core gameplay is a good tennis game and that’s what I wanted out of it.

It was really good and wasn’t some barebones nonsense like the Wii U version.

Super Rush looks good as a base. Once new courses are added (like New Donk City) I think it will be fantastic.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Alan_Shore posted:

I got burned on 1, 2 Switch, they won't burn me again on ARMS. Nice try, Nintendo!

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

whyistoppedbuyingcallofduty.jpg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wondering why AC games don't include NES games anymore is kind of weird, when we live in an era where they're all (and more) available with the NSO subscription. When AC was released in 2002 or whenever, it was an era before Nintendo was even thinking of reselling you your childhood through old games, at least individually. It was a neat selling gimmick to include them in AC. :shrug:

Anyway, gently caress yeah Mario Gooooooolf! :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 24, 2021

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh no, not the Machine of Death! The only way out of it is death!

I understand that thought process but I feel like it's more likely that if the game doesn't sell well the company will just go "Oh well, guess there aren't really that many people interested in this series, let's just let it die."
Why would that matter to me?

Did pikmin fans rally around that bad platformer on 3DS and hope it was a huge sucess and the future of the franchise or did they ignore it and hope nintendo would someday make a real pikmin 4 instead? It sold like poo poo compared to the pikmin 3 remaser that they still went ahead and made afterwards.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i hope it sells 30 million copies.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wondering why AC games don't include NES games anymore is kind of weird, when we live in an era where they're all (and more) available with the NSO subscription. When AC was released in 2002 or whenever, it was an era before Nintendo was even thinking of reselling you your childhood through old games, at least individually. It was a neat selling gimmick to include them in AC. :shrug:

Anyway, gently caress yeah Mario Gooooooolf! :toot:

I wish they had brought the NES games back in AC this gen. It feels like a huge missed opportunity. If they aren't going to sell them on switch/only have them in NSO, why not?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mario golf super rush (molf sprush) looks like a fun game that I'm going to buy and have a good time with

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
If Mario Golf sold zero copies they would still make yet another Mario golf for their next console

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
imagine if mario golf switch didn't sell enough to carry on the distinguished legacy of the mario golf games.. id be heartbroken

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mario Football: Super Blitz confirmed?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
ARMS was pretty good, the clown lady was cool

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

No AI would also be a huge evolution and a credit to the team at Nintendo. One should simply race against themself

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stux posted:

i hope it sells 30 million copies.

:hmmyes:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

If Mario Golf sold zero copies they would still make yet another Mario golf for their next console
No

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's not going to sell zero copies because I'm buying two

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Mr Phillby posted:

I don't understand why its controversial to hope games you don't like don't sell incredibly well if you're invested in a series and want an entry more to your taste to come out in the future.
Because the studio's reaction will always be that people must not like the series anymore, not that they didn't like that particular title. For example, Metroid: Other M almost destroyed the Metroid series as a whole. In that context it's rather amazing that Metroid Dread is happening at all.

Edit: Another example would be if Paper Mario: The Origami King tanked, Nintendo wouldn't go "oh, gee, we should make the next Paper Mario more like The Thousand-Year-Door", they'd just stop making Paper Marios like they stopped making Mario & Luigis (or, more accurately, allow AlphaDream to go bankrupt).

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mr Phillby posted:

Doubtful

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

i hope it sells 40 million copies.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
For golf games it's actually better if they sell less copies.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Sounds like a PGA press release

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

wuggles posted:

As the Best Game Series Ever, Yakuza is an outlier I think. But point taken

Yakuza stopped being the Best Game Series Ever when it never got put in my hands

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ive been thinking about it and have decided i’m marrying a horse.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lol

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I’m glad Nintendo makes games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Arms is good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

Yakuza stopped being the Best Game Series Ever when it never got put in my hands

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mr Phillby posted:

Why would that matter to me?

Because you're the person who said that you prefer games you like to be made and released. A company going "This game didn't sell well, so we won't make any more of it" would be the opposite of what you said you prefer, so it is a reasonable assumption that it would matter to you.

Mr Phillby posted:

I don't know if that's necessarily true, there still hasn't been a new Mario Strikers game on the Switch, apparently the one on Wii U sold 1.77 million copies, which is pretty good but apparently isn't enough for Nintendo to think that the series is worth continuing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

golf

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If I wanted to be tethered to my computer or tv I would play them on gamepass

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

golf brings out the worst in all of us

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh no, not the Machine of Death! The only way out of it is death!

Now that's a game we need on Switch.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

New Mario Hoops game pls

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

If I wanted to be tethered to my couch or tv I would play them on gamepass
R > C > P

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lmfao what the gently caress is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I recently looked into game pass as well as maybe getting an Xbox and holy poo poo, the series s, the 'budget one' is still practically $400 Canadian. :stare:

Like I get it, but no one should refer to it as the budget option. That should be standard, with the series X being the advanced one or whatever.

Someday, I'll get one, but today is not that day. But goddamn, gamepass sounds like a hell of a deal.