Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I miss video games

I miss my mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I miss cool beans

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

:emptyquote:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thats rough buddy

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Boom de yadda boom de yadda...

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
:bravo:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Now who's gonna bit-torrent us some Sugar Daddies and Hot Dogs?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rassle posted:

I miss my mom.

I miss your mom too.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
This does bring a smile to my face.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh no.

This will surely end well.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
"what are you gonna do, hurt me?" local forest medium says to crazed forest God, immediately before getting hurt

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Does putting someone into orbit count as hurting someone?

Anyway, she's counting Yzengrin to save her.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
I want the next page to be an echo of the one where Ysengrin ate Coyote. Only it's Loup eating Annie and then the comic is over.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

runwiled posted:

I want the next page to be an echo of the one where Ysengrin ate Coyote. Only it's Loup eating Annie and then the comic is over.

...in the background, Tony realizes he has solved the problem of the sound of one hand clapping

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Not to quote this again, but it's amazing

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It has been quite a while since I have understood why anyone in this comic has done anything.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

...in the background, Tony realizes he has solved the problem of the sound of one hand clapping

Perfect. Hang it in the Louvre. We've achieved peak art.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GlyphGryph posted:

It has been quite a while since I have understood why anyone in this comic has done anything.

And Jones was there too.

No, I'm still here for whatever is transpiring. Let it ride.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Kesper North posted:

And Jones was there too.

No, I'm still here for whatever is transpiring. Let it ride.

Shadow Men did something to the lake water and are going to gently caress up / control Loup for whatever reason. Our protagonists will be shocked and once again be reacting to poo poo happening to them instead of exhibiting any agency.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I'm not entirely sure what leverage the 16~ year olds have against the school authority, or what underhanded methods they could take to undermine the school at this point.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

LashLightning posted:

I'm not entirely sure what leverage the 16~ year olds have against the school authority, or what underhanded methods they could take to undermine the school at this point.

Side with the Forest? Leave the school? Try and expose the shady poo poo the court is doing? Use their superpowers to save the day? There's plenty of young adult fiction where the main characters have agency and are trying to make a difference under corrupt systems. I've never felt there was enough pushback against the Court or questioning of its motives. Letting Jean pass on was a kind of action against the court but most of the time it's just...drifting through and occasionally a boat becomes self aware and so you deal with that.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the forest isn't really a place typical students would align with, Annie is an exception because of the circumstances of her birth combined with her life experiences. it's wild and dangerous and because of the lingering presence of coyote even after his death it is no less agenda-driven.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
The comic did just make a point that her ability to burn things with her mind has doubled in power. It’d be nice to see her rebellious fire spirit burn baby burn side again for once.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

the forest isn't really a place typical students would align with, Annie is an exception because of the circumstances of her birth combined with her life experiences. it's wild and dangerous and because of the lingering presence of coyote even after his death it is no less agenda-driven.

I never said the decision would be wise and would have had to be set up a lot earlier, with Annie discovering for herself why her pal Coyote is terrible and how Loup is even worse. You could even have the trope of Annie being on one side and her dear friend Kat being on the other and the tension that causes but that's clearly not the story Tom wants to tell.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

runwiled posted:

Shadow Men did something to the lake water and are going to gently caress up / control Loup for whatever reason. Our protagonists will be shocked and once again be reacting to poo poo happening to them instead of exhibiting any agency.

ok

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

LashLightning posted:

I for one would not object to the strip turning into a Twisted Sister video.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

runwiled posted:

Side with the Forest? Leave the school? Try and expose the shady poo poo the court is doing? Use their superpowers to save the day? There's plenty of young adult fiction where the main characters have agency and are trying to make a difference under corrupt systems. I've never felt there was enough pushback against the Court or questioning of its motives. Letting Jean pass on was a kind of action against the court but most of the time it's just...drifting through and occasionally a boat becomes self aware and so you deal with that.

Jack off to a comatose student, hop into a giant Mecha, have a mental breakdown, and completely fail to stop the end of the world.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
you can (not) have narrative agency

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

get in the loving forest, Annie, or we'll make Paz do it again

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Annie sure likes to gamble on her personal importance in the plans of others that she knows very little about, no matter how many times this goes wrong

It makes sense as a character trait - being the magical child in a hospital who can Speak With Dead and then the kid in the classroom with the most tangible superhero powers would go to anyone's head; imagine growing up being regularly told that her actions, yes hers, literally make the world continue to spin - but she's been burnt on this in-plot however many times now

maybe being freshly merged is fuelling a bout of self-confidence (somewhat undeserved, since as pointed out she didn't do anything to get it)

ronya fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 28, 2021

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this chapter wasted no time reminding us what a tedious little poo poo Loup is

hopefully Annie just flicks the vial into his mouth so Coyote can burst out his noggin and give us some respite

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

this chapter wasted no time reminding us what a tedious little poo poo Loup is

hopefully Annie just flicks the vial into his mouth so Coyote can burst out his noggin and give us some respite

Loup exists so that Coyote can finally get the recognition of being Good (By Comparison), Actually, that he craves

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I want to see the fireworks.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

impressive to see this thread turn into a hate thread in about a month lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I still like it :shobon: I just don't like Tony or find him interesting at all

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

I still like it :shobon: I just don't like Tony or find him interesting at all

Yeah I'm liking things now that Tony is gone. Things are happening, Loup is a crazy bitch and I'm excited to see were this is going.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

impressive to see this thread turn into a hate thread in about a month lol

I think it's more that the last chapter took a lot of the veneer off the entire series and had a lot of us readers start to question the narrative choices and style a lot more. Now that we're getting toward what we hope is some kind of resolution to plot threads and character growth moments, it's starting to feel that all these years of readership might not pay off in the way we'd hoped. We'll have to wait and see what the future brings but in the meantime I, personally, am not as forgiving as I once was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"we" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there