Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why not wait until it gets back to the time it was hovering around $70 in 2018?

thats a good idea :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I've determined that the market is irrational about KBH and I'll be holding it for the foreseeable future. If I lose my shirt, it will not be on a stock that beat EPS by 15%. That earnings call yesterday was mint, and I won't be psychologically manipulated by the crowd.

...he says as the shakes start.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Why not wait until it gets back to the time it was hovering around $70 in 2018?

Does my cost basis transfer if I travel back to 2018?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Oscar Wild posted:

AHT, please keep going up.

LOL now look what you've done.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL now look what you've done.

loving called the top. I'm a goddamn brain genius. Hire me golden sacks. Whenever I mention an equity it tanks .20

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Warmachine posted:

I've determined that the market is irrational about KBH and I'll be holding it for the foreseeable future. If I lose my shirt, it will not be on a stock that beat EPS by 15%. That earnings call yesterday was mint, and I won't be psychologically manipulated by the crowd.

...he says as the shakes start.

Hold my hand, lets walk the path of gainz together.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

DASH has quietly been making big gains. At 176 right now. I should have bought some shares when it was hanging out around 130-140 to lower my cost basis on this dog. Ah well.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

What just happened with SRNE? Had some 7/16 calls that were almost worthless I hadn't bothered to sell and suddenly the stock is shooting up 10%. Didn't see any news?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

*rubs pencil on copy of AHT's "little stock that could" speech, uncovers ASPS from original draft*
ASPS is doing alright today, is the joke.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Almost jumped on the $700 Tesla calls last last night, wish I did looking at them now. Something like 300% up last time I checked.

CLOV too.... That was impressive but I didn't think jumping back on after the gains i had the other week was a good idea so didn't pull the trigger on that either.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

$SRNE is on a good rip today. This morning I sold some OTM $10 calls expiring tomorrow just to make a few bucks. Had to buy them back at a loss a few hours later as the stock took off. They got ITM for a bit there -- I don't actually want to get assigned b/c I think the stock has some strong potential. They just got a EUA in Mexico for a rapid covid test and bullish price targets from analysts today. It's got an active options chain with weekly options so been having some fun with CCs on it.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Mr. AHT, tear down this wall!

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
hmm..... should I buy more AHT? :thunk:

I probably should have when it was down this morning, but I was expecting it to keep falling to be honest.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I wasn't going to play anything today, but I can't shake the feeling that PLTR is gonna hit $30 on Monday/Tuesday so I'm in for some monthlies.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Space Fish posted:

*rubs pencil on copy of AHT's "little stock that could" speech, uncovers ASPS from original draft*
ASPS is doing alright today, is the joke.

I picked up ASPS yesterday at 6.60 and have been happy about that. I was surprised to see it's price drop after they announced that revolving line of credit. Did everyone forget the foreclosure moratorium expires next week or something?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
AHT closed Oct $5 puts and sold Dec calls $10 strike. I hope it goes to $15. I will not baghold this

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I had picked up NGPHF yesterday on a discount, and it's up a little over 12% today.

Edit: 7%, oh well

Red fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 24, 2021

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

I picked up ASPS yesterday at 6.60 and have been happy about that. I was surprised to see it's price drop after they announced that revolving line of credit. Did everyone forget the foreclosure moratorium expires next week or something?

Pushed back to July 31st I believe. But that's supposedly the last extension.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
AHT joins the Russell 2000 index this weekend. So that theoretically would give it a boost from passive small cap index funds. Or maybe that's already priced in/the index funds have already proactively secured those shares.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Will AMD finally break out with the upcoming events :hmmyes:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Nabbed a couple of quick Tesla 720c that expires tomorrow just before close and already up 20%.

Gotta make sure I sell that right at open tomorrow.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Nabbed a couple of quick Tesla 720c that expires tomorrow just before close and already up 20%.

Gotta make sure I sell that right at open tomorrow.

I think every time I’ve tried to sell at open I’ve gotten hosed.

Also yay at WISH’s after hours rally. Saved me from being in the red today

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I think every time I’ve tried to sell at open I’ve gotten hosed.

Also yay at WISH’s after hours rally. Saved me from being in the red today

Hahaha gently caress me I walked away from wish with my 15% earlier today and overall went 8% red for the day.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Don't talk to me about wish. I bailed on my options that expire tomorrow and they're now ITM. I have a bad feeling I could have made good money if I held those but I just didn't have the balls, it wasn't looking so great at close yesterday.

I'm sure I'll do horribly with Tesla too, I can't help myself sometimes. I really should stick to my rule of nothing with less a week till expiry.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ha ha I'm almost green on WISH

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Don't talk to me about wish. I bailed on my options that expire tomorrow and they're now ITM. I have a bad feeling I could have made good money if I held those but I just didn't have the balls, it wasn't looking so great at close yesterday.

I'm sure I'll do horribly with Tesla too, I can't help myself sometimes. I really should stick to my rule of nothing with less a week till expiry.

WISH doesn't seem to be holding the line(14.5). Seriously exiting WISH is probably the better decision here. This doesn't rule it out of mooning but it has had so much resistance why not play another meme instead?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

pixaal posted:

WISH doesn't seem to be holding the line(14.5). Seriously exiting WISH is probably the better decision here. This doesn't rule it out of mooning but it has had so much resistance why not play another meme instead?

How do you mean? It’s at 14.65 now

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
BMBL finally taking off this week. I wish I had been averaging down as it dropped towards 40 the past few weeks, but still pretty solid gains.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Artonos posted:

Pushed back to July 31st I believe. But that's supposedly the last extension.

The number I see the most is June 30 for the Federal moratorium to end. This is confusing though since many states also have moratoriums with different expire dates, some programs have been struck down by judges, etcetc. For me though the main take away from the confusing mess is soon.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

The calls I sold yesterday for 30% loss closed with what would have been a pretty good $500 profit. I just didn't trust it.

Tbh, I've made some great calls this week, but pulled out too fast on most of them. I actually blew up about 75% of my gambling account this week so need to fix that and be a little more sensible in the future.

I'm actually finding, funny enough, that the PDT rules are making me make worse decisions too, a couple of times this week I wanted to get in and out with a quick 15-20% but couldn't because it means I would be flagged for at least a week.

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
opened 7/16 IWM 230p and 7/21 SPY 425p. anticipating a mild-moderate pull back tomorrow after this week of largely green

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
still a little sore about having opened my calls on various steel tickers right before that massacre last week.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Memes normally keep taking off after hours it's at 14.51 now it's dipped under and over the critical 14.5 point several times. That looks like it is going to immediately sell off at open.

Could be wrong obviously but this doesn't look like something that is going to meme tomorrow

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

MAYO FETISH posted:

still a little sore about having opened my calls on various steel tickers right before that massacre last week.

What tickers would past you have recommended, out of curiosity

CPER is still holding pretty strong

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Sold Wish AH up 12%. I always wimp out on these meme stocks, but I'll take this one.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chad Sexington posted:

Sold Wish AH up 12%. I always wimp out on these meme stocks, but I'll take this one.

The only gains that matter are realized gains.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I have a dumb guy question about MX.

This pause (which happened a few days after I bought a little bit of it) slows down or potentially stops the agreed buyout, but even if there was something shady going on with the initial agreement, the offer at $35/share is completely independent of that, right?

I'm trying to figure out if the current price is more because of the thought of the government totally blocking any buyout from happening or thinking this pause will potentially bury it so thoroughly that the initial $29 buyout offer is nullified and the other buyout offer gets pulled and nobody else is interested in the underlying technology to the extent that they won't pay $10/share less than an offer that was made two weeks ago or what.

This feels like a potential learning experience for me, and if it's a "You dumbass, X" where I'm missing an obvious X I'd like to know~

ExParrot
May 6, 2013

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Canada Goose said they're going fur free next year, I'm in for 10 of those bad boys: GOOS

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/UnHedgedChatter/status/1408387614336507911

it's very funny to me that a company with less than $200k in annual revenue was able to sell $250 million worth of stock to idiots

to be fair i did trade it both long and short but hold it into close? lmao hell no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

I have a dumb guy question about MX.

This pause (which happened a few days after I bought a little bit of it) slows down or potentially stops the agreed buyout, but even if there was something shady going on with the initial agreement, the offer at $35/share is completely independent of that, right?

I'm trying to figure out if the current price is more because of the thought of the government totally blocking any buyout from happening or thinking this pause will potentially bury it so thoroughly that the initial $29 buyout offer is nullified and the other buyout offer gets pulled and nobody else is interested in the underlying technology to the extent that they won't pay $10/share less than an offer that was made two weeks ago or what.

This feels like a potential learning experience for me, and if it's a "You dumbass, X" where I'm missing an obvious X I'd like to know~

Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) needs to review the deal first (takes around 30-50 days) and will either issue a CFIUS approval or a rejection. Originally created from fears of Japan buying US companies, it now mostly deals with Chinese investors. It has approved China/US buyouts before (Shuanghui Holdings buying Smithfield foods) so CFIUS reviews are not deal killers by themselves. Also, South Korean regulators labeled Magnachip OLED DDICs as a 'national core technology' so it looks like Wise Road Capital is facing an uphill battle for a buyout. The $35/share from Cornucopia Investment Partners is a separate deal/offer but will still have to be investigated further, possibly by CFIUS since there are Chinese investment firms attached. If Wise Road Capital gets the OK for the buyout, then it will have to match or raise the $35/share offer from Cornucopia Investment Partners.

Magnachip's book value is around $9 a share alone, so a buyout price of $29/$35 doesn't seem unreasonable. I own Magnachip shares and will wait it out.

I'm going to take a wild guess here - South Korea is unhappy about foreign ownership (Chinese interests) of it's chip makers fearing security issues. Samsung is a Korean giant in the electronics world and I think they will step up to the plate and buy Magnachip. The South Korea government along with the US might even offer a low interest loan to sweeten the deal. Again, just a wild guess but that would be an arrangement to make everybody happy. (Except the Chinese of course)