Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So um,

Knormal fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

We do not need to do this, and I'd say, please don't.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

To be clear, I'm posting it here to mock how horrible it is. But actually I will timg those since they're probably pushing NWS.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I'd love a female bayverse prime but not like that! :cripes:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Posting horny on main is the right of all sentient beings

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I bet her nipples don't even transform into anything.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well I found it hilarious.

Also, this. That's a good Rattrap.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

The Last Call posted:

I bet her nipples don't even transform into anything.

Not without a lot of parts forming

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaz-L posted:

They've already announced the cast. Steinfeld's not in it. I don't even think she's done shooting Hawkeye yet?

Renner posted on Instagram that the show wrapped shooting a few weeks ago.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

*vaguely gestures*

Anime.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Renner posted on Instagram that the show wrapped shooting a few weeks ago.

Renner announced to be singing the Rise of The Beast theme song!

Actual news: Is this movie a Bumblebee sequel or a Bayformers prequel? Wel...
https://www.seibertron.com/transfor...ay-films/46042/

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ew

ew ew ew

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

Oh! Worst of both worlds!

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

The MSJ posted:

Hell yeah lol

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I'm scared to ask, but what's the red thing? :cripes:

Lodin posted:

Well I found it hilarious.

Also, this. That's a good Rattrap.

Hot drat those are some fine model upgrades!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Darth TNT posted:

I'm scared to ask, but what's the red thing? :cripes:

Bikini top I think.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Phy posted:

Which reminds me that somewhere in the fluff for either Macross or Robotech, the Destroids and VFs originally got built with humanoid modes so they could fight the giant Zentraedi hand-to-hand if necessary... So forget the exo-suits, Spike and Carly shoulda been rocking up in Battlemechs

That's not in the fluff, it's stated on-screen in the original Macross.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh cool, I didn't realize that. I don't remember how I picked that up, probably either through a wiki trawl or from when I read the Robotech novelization, or this one fanfic I read back in the early 2000s that rewrote most of the show as fighter pilot milwank... But I never managed to watch more than a few eps of the show!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Bikini top I think.

Not sure what the other red thing is, under the foot.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

Ugh.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

As long as we get cool toys out of it, it could be a simultaneous sequel/prequel to ‘Koyaanisqatsi’ and I’d just roll with it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Don’t take that too seriously. They’re still cagey about Bumblebee’s continuity too

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Remember they stripped out a bunch of stuff that explicitly tied it to the bayverse films.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The bayverse films barely connect with the bayverse films.

I don't even mean like two barely connects with three. I mean parts of four barely connect with parts of four.

It's more a question of influence but even then the bay movies were so diluted by the end anyway.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't even mean like two barely connects with three. I mean parts of four barely connect with parts of four.

It's more a question of influence but even then the bay movies were so diluted by the end anyway.

Just a series of explodey, rude and often offensive vignettes slapped together. Some cool toys though.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah, each movie is basically it's own continuity anyway. Look how each movie treats Earth and the origin of the Transformers:

2007 - Earth is an "unknown planet" that happens to be the final resting place of the Allspark, which is the source of Transformer life.
2009 - Earth is a Cybertronian nature preserve with a ripe Sun that The Fallen wanted to convert into energon to make more Transformers.
2011 - Earth is secret hookup place for Megatron and Sentinel Prime.
2014 - The Transformers are from Earth, via weird aliens who terraformed the planet to harvest the base material to build them.
2017 - Earth is actually Unicron, and the Transformers are made by a robot lady.
2019 - Earth is just some planet Optimus knows about.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Robot Style posted:

Yeah, each movie is basically it's own continuity anyway. Look how each movie treats Earth and the origin of the Transformers:

2007 - Earth is an "unknown planet" that happens to be the final resting place of the Allspark, which is the source of Transformer life.
2009 - Earth is a Cybertronian nature preserve with a ripe Sun that The Fallen wanted to convert into energon to make more Transformers.
2011 - Earth is secret hookup place for Megatron and Sentinel Prime.
2014 - The Transformers are from Earth, via weird aliens who terraformed the planet to harvest the base material to build them.
2017 - Earth is actually Unicron, and the Transformers are made by a robot lady.
2019 - Earth is just some planet Optimus knows about.

I still want a direct sequel to 2017. I'm not sure why but it's the only one of those I really enjoyed. I would also accept a prequel about Merlin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I still want a direct sequel to 2017. I'm not sure why but it's the only one of those I really enjoyed. I would also accept a prequel about Merlin.

Just get Stanley Tucci back and have him in a good movie.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I still think they should have let Bay make one more (with Unicron) as the big finale to his series then officially reboot it

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Jamie Faith posted:

I still think they should have let Bay make one more (with Unicron) as the big finale to his series then officially reboot it

Bay probably could've done a pretty sweet Unicron.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
lmao @ that wrong sounding optimus primal

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i hope we get an updated Hellscream lmao

i just found mine the other day and he is truly a special boy

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Prophet of Nixon posted:

If I remember right, they wanted to do a prequel set in ancient Rome where the Transformers inspired mythical monsters. So they would probably have characters like Shockwave, Hun-grr, and Beast Wars Silverbolt being the origins of cyclops, hydra and griffin stories.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Bumblebee is impossible to reconcile with the Bay films and is an unquestionable reboot. What, Prime showed up in 1984 then left then came back in 2007 and pretended he was never here before? This has to be some weird studio messaging bullshit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TheDK posted:

Bay probably could've done a pretty sweet Unicron.

He wouldn't have had a mouth. Or many mouths.

Anyway, they're obviously afraid of pissing off the kids who grew up with the Bayverse monstrosities.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Keldroc posted:

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Bumblebee is impossible to reconcile with the Bay films and is an unquestionable reboot. What, Prime showed up in 1984 then left then came back in 2007 and pretended he was never here before? This has to be some weird studio messaging bullshit.

He probably was not told and this might be typical in franchise movies. Apparently James Gunn has no idea the exact continuity status of The Suicide Squad either (he said Bloodsport shot Superman but he doesn't know which Superman) and nobody at Marvel Studios told any of the MCU writers about Agents of Shield.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He wouldn't have had a mouth. Or many mouths.

Anyway, they're obviously afraid of pissing off the kids who grew up with the Bayverse monstrosities.
Yeah, I feel like they're stuck with the Bayverse aesthetic, albeit tweaked to be a bit less hideous, because they don't want to risk confusing the casual movie-going audience who don't really understand things like different continuities. Or at least that's what the studios think. I'm real curious to see how DC's "who gives a gently caress" approach from here on out goes, and hope it shows that people can understand one-offs or different timelines or whatever. I think it's going well so far, I don't think there were a lot of people who thought Joaquin Phoenix's Joker was supposed to go on and become Heath Ledger's, or god forbid, Jared Leto's.

We're still supposed to get a CGI Cybertron-set origin movie I think, I'm wondering if that's going to look Bayverse or more like the current Netflix show(s).

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

The MSJ posted:

If I remember right, they wanted to do a prequel set in ancient Rome where the Transformers inspired mythical monsters. So they would probably have characters like Shockwave, Hun-grr, and Beast Wars Silverbolt being the origins of cyclops, hydra and griffin stories.

Awww, I would have loved that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

He probably was not told and this might be typical in franchise movies. Apparently James Gunn has no idea the exact continuity status of The Suicide Squad either (he said Bloodsport shot Superman but he doesn't know which Superman) and nobody at Marvel Studios told any of the MCU writers about Agents of Shield.

All you have to do to know this movie isn't compatible with the Bayverse is to have watched Bumblebee.

As for the others, it sounds like Gunn has about the same amount of info on the current DCEU continuity as literally everyone else at Warner Bros (which is to say slim to none), and nobody at Marvel Studios told the MCU writers about Agents of SHIELD because Marvel Studios has never considered any of the garbage Loeb and Perlmutter did over at Marvel Entertainment to be canon in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New product name leaks, some of these were rumored before but they seem to be confirmed now:
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/06/24...and-more-436147

Of note, Generations Selects Leader Galvatron that's presumably going to be toy-colored, and Draculus, a Universal Monsters Dracula crossover.