Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've always found the local honey trick to work, but the honey has to actually be local as in made in the same town from the same types of crops that are causing you problems, not just organic / homemade.

The Conneticut study that debunked it, as far as I can tell was comparing 'locally' produced, unfiltered honey vs. nationally produced filtered honey vs. artificial corn syrup. But it doesn't seem to have tested the locally produced stuff on people from that area.

It seems to have missed the point, which is the idea that (for example) honey produced in north-east Oxford near rapeseed fields is going to be beneficial to people who live in north-east Oxford near rapeseed fields.

It's worked for me the last 10 years anyway. I've gone from a sputtering mess of phlegm every time I leave the house to zero episodes, except if i'm in a dusty area or the missus kicks up a load of clothing fibers.

E: 88 is the nazi number so gently caress that, here is my boy being fascinated by a river:

https://imgur.com/gallery/cVqe6Zg

E: also if anyone can tell me how to embed imgur videos on mobile that would be great

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Is seaside loafer OK btw, I'm guessing no one has heard from him? :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My dad and I swear to god this is true went to see a witch doctor in Sri Lanka about his hay fever and he was told to wear a pure woollen jumper a size too small for him (he had a 70s sleeveless cricket jumper at home) and god drat it if it didn’t work.

Western medicine people say it would be because the wool catches a lot of pollen, and the jumper being too small slightly constricts breathing which would also help.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1408406180347719684?s=20

lmao course he loving does

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

He does, but he should really know the matter is closed when the press decide it is, and considering most didn't even have a chance to print a story on it today, it is far from that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
A useful idiot is a useful idiot. It's why Hancock is there in the first place.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

Is seaside loafer OK btw, I'm guessing no one has heard from him? :(

I’m sure someone popped in a year or so back to say he was okay and just not posting. I think anyway. He definitely at one point moved out of my ‘people I’m worried about’ section and into my ‘people who are okay’ section.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

lol why did I expect anything to matter ever again

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Looking forward to the strong message from Keir Starmer about how not only is what Matt Hancock did the moral choice but that he should also be the leader of the opposition.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Pictured: Matt Hancock not breaching social distancing rules, with his mistressadviser Gina Coladangelo

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Not only do I support the prime minister's statement that this matter is settled, I expect him to go further and ban ms. Coladangelo from the right honourable member's house."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Johnson's statement just perfectly sums up the press.

"I consider the matter settled."

"Ah gently caress. poo poo, he's got us there lads. No way around that."

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Guavanaut posted:

Looking forward to the stong message from Keir Starmer about how not only is what Matt Hancock did the moral choice but that he should also be the leader of the opposition.

ftfy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dear Stong Bad,

How do you lead the opposition with boxing gloves on?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Am I going insane here? Who the gently caress cares about the breach of social distancing? Is that really the key issue?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
'social distancing' is a phrase I hate and wish I never had to lose and one day hope to forget forever till the day I die

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Am I going insane here? Who the gently caress cares about the breach of social distancing? Is that really the key issue?

It is if he says it is, that's part of the point :v:

The best way to apologise for something is to apologise for something else.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's the same tactic they're using for all this culture war poo poo so I guess it works.

"We've decided to remove the 1960s children's book 'The Black Doll That Is Terrible And Should Not Be Allowed To Play With The Other Toys' from public display."
"Wow I can't believe they banned Five Go Camping and are arresting everyone that ever owned a copy, society's gone mad!"

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

The Hitler diaries went on to say..
https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/more-evidence-on-how-the-pms-and

Hope Hancock enjoyed that shag. .a backbencher gets no ones knickers wagging.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Not in the slightest. He's trying to frame the issue in a way the general public - many of who are sick of social distancing, not being allowed to hug grandkids - etc will hear and agree that, yes they also hate social distancing, and really it shouldn't be a thing and and and...

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Beeb are leading with it too. We're all in tge same boat buddy.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Those wandering about hay fever symptoms - if you have one of those little microscopes, or even just a pair of binoculars you can look the wrong way through, go out for a walk in a mask and then take a good close look at it. It's absolutely *terrifying* how much crap it filters out of the air.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goatkcd version also accurate

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Those wandering about hay fever symptoms - if you have one of those little microscopes, or even just a pair of binoculars you can look the wrong way through, go out for a walk in a mask and then take a good close look at it. It's absolutely *terrifying* how much crap it filters out of the air.

Honey, I ain't no Borg. Do you have a utility belt or some such to cart all that shite about?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
hes the health secretary and he broke a rule, his rule really, designed to protect people's health. Also when an advisor did the same thing he went on telly and laid into him so it makes him a double hypocrite or whatever.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Congratulations to George Galloway for effectively stirring up a mob of muslim men to harrass an electoral candidate for being pro LGBT. Really great optics I'm sure it will do the world of good.

https://twitter.com/BylineTV/status/1408420798491201541

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Trickjaw posted:

Honey, I ain't no Borg. Do you have a utility belt or some such to cart all that shite about?

...you *can* wait until you get home.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can already see the thin patina of plant jizz covering everything I don't need to know how much of it i'm eating.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Congratulations to George Galloway for effectively stirring up a mob of muslim men to harrass an electoral candidate for being pro LGBT. Really great optics I'm sure it will do the world of good.

https://twitter.com/BylineTV/status/1408420798491201541

Yeah, just in case anyone forgot that Galloway is a oval office:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1408336250092859393

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

...you *can* wait until you get home.
You can get microscope lenses smaller than a 5p coin that you can put on your phone camera too, but you need backlighting.

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
George Galloway combining the CPGB and the ummah, we're back in the early 2000s.
Is a bit weird how the Islamist-inspired terrorist attack focused on gay people in Reading last year became a random terrorist stabbing, and the orientation of the victims was, if mentioned, consistently in the passive voice.
e to be more accurate

Nutapii fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 25, 2021

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Strom Cuzewon posted:

What pisses me off is that Labour are now calling for his resignation, after insisting that it's necessary for him to stay in office for continuity or whatever following his shameless corruption.

Like idgaf if he's having an affair, of all the poo poo rich people do that one's way down the list. Gross incompetence leading to the deaths of thousands, the actual crime of misfeasance in a public office, those are the things he should be forced out of office for. Not some loving schoolyard gossip poo poo.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Oh, in case you were wondering, real life J Jonah Jameson has quit GBeebies

e:my autocorrect doesn't know comics

Trickjaw fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 25, 2021

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Nutapii posted:

Is a bit weird how the Islamic terrorist attack focused on gay people in Reading last year became a random terrorist stabbing, and the orientation of the victims was, if mentioned, consistently in the passive voice.
It's also weird how it became an Islamic terrorist attack when the perpetrator had a crucifix tattoo and attended mass.

He did shout "God accept my jihad" in Arabic at the time and idolized the trappings of certain types of radical Islam though, so Abrahamic terrorist attack maybe?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Borrovan posted:

What pisses me off is that Labour are now calling for his resignation, after insisting that it's necessary for him to stay in office for continuity or whatever following his shameless corruption.

Like idgaf if he's having an affair, of all the poo poo rich people do that one's way down the list. Gross incompetence leading to the deaths of thousands, the actual crime of misfeasance in a public office, those are the things he should be forced out of office for. Not some loving schoolyard gossip poo poo.

British public:We demand a sacrifice!
Government tosses Hands matcock "Enjoy!"

surprised it took this long, tbh

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020

Guavanaut posted:

It's also weird how it became an Islamic terrorist attack when the perpetrator had a crucifix tattoo and attended mass.

He did shout "God accept my jihad" in Arabic at the time and idolized the trappings of certain types of radical Islam though, so Abrahamic terrorist attack maybe?

Forgot it was the one who'd flipflopped religious extremes, my bad. Islamist inspired?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Possibly. I'd say "extreme religious far right inspired" because for the fringe theocrat weirdos they all merge to a singularity of providing a framework to excuse antisemitism, homophobia, violence, and hatred.

That's why it looks unusual but is completely unsurprising when you find out that, say, a former hardline Calvinist Afrikaner nationalist tried to set up a branch of Islamic State in Mozambique, or that David Myatt exists. No matter which ideology they switch to, it's always the poo poo extreme fringe version.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Trickjaw posted:

British public:We demand a sacrifice!
Government tosses Hands matcock "Enjoy!"

surprised it took this long, tbh

they didn't even do that

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

Oh, in case you were wondering, real life J Jonah Jameson has quit GBeebies

e:my autocorrect doesn't know comics

Yeah, I saw Andrew Neil was taking a break from GB News. Maybe needs a drying out session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bessantj posted:

Yeah, I saw Andrew Neil was taking a break from GB News. Maybe needs a drying out session.

I think he's just jumping at the chance to go back to Majorca