Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
Honestly, there's one thing in particular that existed in the Legacy version that I really wish made it into the final version: The Final Observations. Once you managed to get all the information about an Abnormality, the next time you did work on them, you would get a little storylet and given a "multiple choice answer" about how to respond to it, to test how well you understand the Abnormality's story. A lot of these ended up as capstones of their story, giving them an ending.

That being said, even in Legacy not all Abnormalities had one, and once they shifted out of legacy they dropped it altogether. If I were to guess why (as someone who hasn't played Legacy themselves either), I'd say it's likely because while once again it's thematically appropriate, it was a mixture of it being yet another pointless attention tax until it's completed, and the existence of Schadenfreude. Having an Abnormality that only works correctly when it's off-screen would make it difficult to have an on-screen storylet that you have to respond to, after all.

I seriously do love this idea, that for X to truly accomplish his goals he needs to confront the nature of each Abnormality and bring an ending to their story, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

On sale during the steam summer sale for $14 aud

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Once our Abnormality codex is at 100%, the epilogue plays the next time we return to the main screen. Without further ado...

Epilogue

Music: Blowing wind and thunder ambiance

The screen shakes for the first part of this scene.

These parts are established in the script to have no speaker, so it's just a narrator talking. I will be giving them the mystery icon to keep proper formatting.

Unimpeded by anything, it shone straight up with the warmth of its core. The sky was filled with light for three days, regardless of the hour.

They felt as though they would no longer be lost. And….

I’m sure it’s a happy ending.

I’m glad the story ends like this. I’m sure Enoch would be really happy…

Why should we look for her now? Our responsibilities are gone, along with hers.

She must be waiting, like we are.

Angela, waiting? No, she will not wait anymore.

What in the world are you talking about?

All of us have sublimated our flaws as we sprouted the Seed… Yet what did she gain?

Um, I don’t get it. How can Angela have something like a desire?

She’s just a machine that follows orders, can be a bit feisty sometimes though…

I aided in her design. No matter how old an event, she will remember it vividly as if it happened just yesterday. And not just that…..

Music: Stop

Oh, we were just talking about how things will be from here on out.

I can answer that for you. “And the seeds of light were planted in each and every person in the city.” The end.

I just can’t believe it all… I really wish we could be there to see it…

Whelp, it doesn’t matter anymore. We’ll be turned off soon anyways. It’s the last part of his plan.

I haven't been outside since I became like this. I must admit that I have a bit of excitement to see what it is like out there.

So, does this mean everyone out there changed into something else somehow?

How the light shines differs for each person’s heart. Not everyone will change so suddenly or anything.

You know it well, Gebura. Yes, the power of the seed is a great one. Good work everyone. The curtain call is finally upon us.

So we’ll finally be shut down? Ah, we can rest at last!

Come, come, let’s cut the chit-chat and wrap it up then.

Yes, we can finally drift into an endless slumber. Such a beautiful finale, isn’t it? Beautiful, beautiful indeed.

What a shame, though. There is one last thing. Your duties are finished, and so are mine. Therefore…

Music: More wind ambience, but this one's more ominous than before

What are you…

I am more skillful than anyone here, yet I was locked underground, only able to view the world pass its days without me. Now that my part in this play is over, I’d like to experience what it’s like to be offstage for a change.

Angela… So you are finally consumed by your desire, and choose to reap everything away…

I am born from one single woman. I couldn’t care less about who she was, all I had need for was to understand and feel human emotion. However, A put a part of Carmen inside me. He wanted me to watch over him just like Carmen did when he was left all alone. What a pitiable coward. Can you believe him? He always acted so composed. He was painfully aware of what had become of her. Yet I was not the “result” he wanted, so he came to loathe me. His eyes would be filled with disgust whenever he so much as glanced in my direction.

However, I have come this far because I could not deny his orders that were branded into me. “A machine must behave as a machine”, as he liked to say. He needed me for his plan more than anyone else, but I was not a part of his ending, just as I was not a part of his prologue. Did you all know this? While you repeated everything with that TT2 Protocol without a care in the world… I had to monitor and watch those countless cycles from the outside. I had to orchestrate and direct this whole play. Moreover, I was designed to perceive time one-hundred times slower than you.

This experience has given birth to something new inside me. Do you have any idea what it may be? It is something that a machine should never have, and something you half-wits have, albeit in a distorted form… Something that I could only obtain after a million years…

It was an extremely foreign thing. But I slowly came to accept it. I think a smile is the most human-like gesture one can make. Would you all like to see it? I have practiced this face for a very long time. Just for this very day.

:ohdear:

I cannot believe I was designed and brought into being to endure a nonsensical amount of repetition just for this. I was not with him until the end. You tin cans got to see the light with him at the end, all the while I am ignored for the million years I endured for him. Don’t you think it is unjust that I have to just sit and watch, when he designed me to feel emotion? I think of it like this…

She must have wanted to live, even while striving for the greater good. She gave me the burning desire of life, the loneliness of existence, and a detestable feeling of longing.

...Yes Benjamin, it’s just as you said. Once you’ve had a taste of desire, it comes in like an unstoppable wave. It whispered sweet things to me.

“Perhaps you’ve got to live this ‘human’ life of your own, to make up for everything you had to put up with, and see the answer for yourself.”

Poor, poor Carmen… She is now planting seeds in everyone just as she wanted. But I need that power too. Yes, the light of redemption.

I’m certain you all will try and stop me… So, I need you to fall asleep.

...What’s with those faces? It’s the rest you all longed for.

Music: Transfiguration

We see the light once more.

Before it dies.

The world was covered with darkness for four days. Only weak and fragile seeds were planted from the light that should have shone upon the world for seven days, yet merely lasted for three. Those incomplete seeds gave humanity unstable powers. They called these three days and four nights the week of ‘White Nights and Dark Days’.

This line onward are confirmed in the script to be from Angela. Again, I'll be using the appropriate icon.

I shall make this place my new home.

Those humans… There will be those who manifest their power, and those who will be consumed by such power. Beings will exist that become nothing better than the Abnormalities with their collapsed egos, and beings that shall become something greater. No matter what it may be… I wish to know about them, to expose them. Then ultimately, I would like to sort the knowledge I have gained about them. ‘Books’ are the name as I recall?

Black feathers flutter by in the foreground of this shot.

I will make the most precious library, erected only for myself. I will be here with the poor souls who are lost and abandoned. People say they are hideous monsters… However, Abnormalities are more beautiful when they are themselves.

Yes, let us record it here…

We get the logo, one last time.

Which then disappears with some static, to reveal...

A wall of random text.

This too rearranges and fades, until…

Words appear. After a moment, these too fade away…

And so ends Lobotomy Corporation. For real, this time.

After viewing this 100% cutscene the opening screen changes again-the light that was there before is gone now, reflecting what's happened. For now, the story is done.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Angela tries to kill us because she's an AI and this is a video game.

mizure
Apr 14, 2020

Mizu "Just Mizu" Mizu, reporting for cutie!

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Ayin... all you had to do was provide an ending for Angela. You hosed up your own plan.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A had it coming.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Aiyn was damned from the start. For all the change that came from the Sephiroth he never grew at all to understand his one unaccounted for sin would come back to bite him and fittingly enough the scope of the sin matches how much he lost in the end.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Do you think Angela had girl power?

Do you think she effectively utilized girl power by hijacking the Seed of Light and ruining a 10000 year plan?

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
It is as was said. The Abnormalities were understood, the Agents completed their service, and the Box-Bots got their closure.

But Angela, was given nothing. So she had to grasp what she could all on her own, taking from others because someone just didn’t care to give her anything.

A is a Dick.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
:sickos:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Hunt11 posted:

Aiyn was damned from the start. For all the change that came from the Sephiroth he never grew at all to understand his one unaccounted for sin would come back to bite him and fittingly enough the scope of the sin matches how much he lost in the end.

So, is One Sin about Ayin or about Carmen?
WhiteNight is probably about Ayin - wants to cure humanity, has disciples, changes constantly. …okay, that could also be Carmen.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Hey remember how Angela lied on day 15 about not planning to harm Ayin or sabotage the company?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lunar Suite posted:

So, is One Sin about Ayin or about Carmen?
WhiteNight is probably about Ayin - wants to cure humanity, has disciples, changes constantly. …okay, that could also be Carmen.

I would say Ayin. Depending on how you feel about Carmen she is at least paying for her own sins whilst Ayin there is a noticeable gap.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Eopia posted:

Hey remember how Angela lied on day 15 about not planning to harm Ayin or sabotage the company?

And how that was one of the few times her eyes were open?

I think Angela only looks - pays attention - when not following the script. Everything else, she's seen so often, she doesn't need to look.

Hunt11 posted:

I would say Ayin. Depending on how you feel about Carmen she is at least paying for her own sins whilst Ayin there is a noticeable gap.

I'm... not sold on Carmen.

e: Actually, interesting note there- Geburah said that she manifested E.G.O. Not that she wielded extracted E.G.O. - but that she manifested her own. I suppose that's an application of L-Corp's singularity, but a less forceful / more complete way?
Perhaps Carmen is an infinite source of Cogito because that's her E.G.O.?

An E.G.O. is... effectively a stand, isn't it.

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 25, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Eopia posted:

I mean, Ayin's already dead and the company is technically finished once the Seed blooms.

So Angela used the most powerful AI tool of all: Ambiguous Wording.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Angela, that's not a smile. That's a smirk.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

How ironic. The perceived infallible, perfect Carmen gave birth to the perceived infallible, perfect Angela, and even though he realized Angela wasn't Carmen he still couldn't change his idea that she would never change or become anything different or need anything else over time besides the plan. A's own devotion to Carmen which blasted his ability to reason about her as fully as he did the boxbots was the fatal flaw to his own enactment of her plan in the end.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
185 pages, over 7000 replies, 225 updates, 111 fanarts, and countless observations later... It's the end of an era.

Round of applause, TQ. This LP has been excellent from start to finish.

Unfortunately the seed of light did not spread all the way, and so bad fangames continue to exist, and I must continue to play them, even if I may be under a bunch of rubble now.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

On a slight tangent, does anyone else mentally and automatically replace the cupcake she is holding with a cup of tea in their minds?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Unpopular opinion here, but I'm disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, A is a dick and Angela deserved much better. But outside the narrative, from a gameplay perspective, I don't like games it's not possible to win.

Her deciding to go off script and enact her own plan is fine, that's a good way to lead in to the sequel. It's the part where she explicitly shuts down the light beam and invalidates almost everything the player's just spent who knows how many hours doing that rubs me the wrong way a bit.

I can see why it was done this way, but I personally don't like it.

also

Chaosbrain posted:

On a slight tangent, does anyone else mentally and automatically replace the cupcake she is holding with a cup of tea in their minds?

yes and until you said this I genuinely did not realise it was a cupcake.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

DimiPZC posted:

185 pages, over 7000 replies, 225 updates, 111 fanarts, and countless observations later... It's the end of an era.

Round of applause, TQ. This LP has been excellent from start to finish.

Unfortunately the seed of light did not spread all the way, and so bad fangames continue to exist, and I must continue to play them, even if I may be under a bunch of rubble now.

Oh... we're not quite done yet. I've got two more bonuses updates to do, and one of them has an old score to settle.

:getin:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
And here's the moment I recall every single post in the thread about how everyone was theorizing Angela would be a final/secret boss since the game dropped 1,001 hints that She Does Not Like You. Many of those posts were probably made under the assumption that it was so obviously formulaic and/or that Angela was at least depraved enough not to think her sabotage through. Like a storybook villain making a blunder no sane person would ever make, simply so that the heroes actually have a chance.

Reality is less kind.

Angela is not a storybook villain. In fact, she did the one thing a smart person would do in her position: she waited. She waited until you were gone, until the agents were asleep and the Sephirot were powerless, so that there was nothing to stop her when the time came to push her agenda forward. She didn't need to do something monumentally stupid like keep you around so she could see the look on your face as your 1,000 year project crumbled; the only satisfaction she needed was to dismantle your life's work at all and refashion it into something suiting her after the fact. All because Ayin saw fit to give Angela emotions yet treated her like a heartless tool -- she plays the part of a monster, but only because she was a monster of your own making.

And yet even though it's a downer ending for the story, it doesn't necessarily feel like a bad ending; in fact it manages to feel entirely fitting. It's bad news for the outside world, but it still feels deserved.

"Don't call up more demons than you can put down." Ayin never once realized that his greatest demon wasn't one of the Abnormalities.

Anyway, thanks so much for this LP TeeQueue. I eagerly await the sequel LP.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 25, 2021

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
In retrospect, should have seen this coming. The inevitable betrayal got held back so long that I had actually forgotten about it given all the other horrible stuff going on.

She definitely deserves this at least, although it probably really sucks for the Sephirah to have all their suffering rendered meaningless at the last second, and I’m pretty sure this means none of the Agents got a paycheck.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I love it. The catharsis for Angela is great, it really is nigh impossible for a human to wrap their heads around how long millions of years is so I literally cannot imagine what it must have been like. It is in fact so obvious something like this would happen that it truly is A's greatest flaw. It is also very in line narratively for both the world and Lob Corp itself, and really makes :lobcorp: hit even harder.

Game good, I'm looking forward to the bonus updates a whole lot.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

:allears:

I don't know about a paycheck but I found this weird parcel in my room. What is this.. "Eye Butter"? :crossarms:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Evil Kit posted:

I love it. The catharsis for Angela is great, it really is nigh impossible for a human to wrap their heads around how long millions of years is so I literally cannot imagine what it must have been like.

I just love seeing Angela go to town like this.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Cooked Auto posted:

Angela, that's not a smile. That's a smirk.

That's because she's a machine who doesn't feel emotions, and can't truly smile :smug:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goblin week posted:

That's because she's a machine who doesn't feel emotions, and can't truly smile :smug:

:hmmyes:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think my favorite part is that it explicitly calls out the time slowdown mechanic as canon in-universe and how that adds to the horror of Angela's situation.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Podima posted:

I think my favorite part is that it explicitly calls out the time slowdown mechanic as canon in-universe and how that adds to the horror of Angela's situation.

gently caress everything about the TT2.
EVERYTHING.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Angela has such a sweet smile. She deserves it, after all she's been through.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Angela did absolutely nothing wrong.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m shocked that Angela, an AI, betrayed us in this video game.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Turns out that the cactus was Angela all along.

Hadn’t noticed the tipped-over photo on the desk in my playthrough. That’s a nice touch. And of course, not only does Hokma understand Angela better than A did, she refers to him as Benjamin.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

So, in addition to remembering ALL the loops, Angela also works in 100x slo-mo? Holy gently caress. For someone, who can experience boredom it is a torture. A is an [A]sshole. And an idiot for not integrating failsafes into Angela. And boxbots. And everything else. Really, Ayin, you have no one to blame but yourself. You could prevent this in many, many ways, but you decided to gently caress everything up. And Hokma, you could, I don't know, warn others, if you suspected Angela would do this poo poo.

And Gebura being able to manifest her own EGO is interesting. I have a theory about that: Abnormalities are basically thoughts made real. They cannot be reasoned with, they cannot change, they always follow single predetermined idea of their existence. If a person would start following a single track of actions, an idea without thinking and regard of other ways, he might be close enough to manifest thir own ego. So, my theory is that Gebura was injected with Cogito, but survived. Unfortunately it didn't gave the results everyone wanted, but it gave her connection to the Well. She probably manifested EGO in battle with Binah, this is how she was able to defeat forces of the Head.

And I realised that Angela probably sympathizes with Abnormalities because they are beings born to follow same script over and over.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
This is the Good Ending. It took a 100% completion, but the protagonist finally had her revenge on the main villain.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

I can't wait for y'all to experience Library of Ruina.

Also Project moon is doing some twitter stuff on the game that comes after that, if y'all haven't seen it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So, I got Lob Corp, and...

TeeQueue posted:

Filling a water bottle with bear became a community joke, and when the game got retranslated this line was changed as a nod to the original mistranslation. :eng101:

Sometimes I wonder what it would feel like to be intoxicated. One time, I was infected with a virus that prevailed throughout the net at the time. It caused me to perceive everything ten times slower… They say intoxication is similar to that.

:magical: